Candle Wax

Loudonville , OH(Zone 5b)

I cannot use a candle in my house since I am on oxygen 24/7. So I have one of those candle warmers that melts the wax. I find after several weeks of daily use the candle wax loses its smell. I have tried adding fragrance oil to the wax but that doesn't seem to last more than one or two days. What do you do with old candle wax? I would like to save the glass holder so that I can put another candle in it. Do you just dump the old wax in the trash or what?

Southern California, CA

I would dump the old hardened wax in the trash....I sometimes throw old candles away...but I do not know if this is the totally correct thing to do....you could donate the old hard wax to a thrift shop or freecycle....someone might want it for crafts.....

Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX(Zone 8b)

if you have a wood burning fire place or know someone that does . you can take egg cartons stuff them with dryer lint pour the old melted wax over the lint when they are hard cut/break apart, they make great fire starters a free to make recycled/upcycled gift what could be better:)

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I use what Denim described to start bonfires and camp fires. I got my first 2 cartons made that way as a gift - you could make some as gifts too, if you don't camp or use a fireplace.

you can also use pinecones . just lay them on some waxed paper and pour whe wax over them . you can add some spice if you want to make them smell good too

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Or call a Girl Scout troop, then can make little "burners for their cook stove" out of them. Take a clean empty tuna can. Roll cardboard TIGHT and insert a small candle in the middle. Pour the melted wax over the cardboard. Open canned ham metal container, leaving sides and one side. Punch holes in the side so it's not air tight on the ground and put the tuna/wax container under it. Makes a GREAT little cooking burner.

lol psychw2 I had forgotten about that one

Dahlonega, GA

Just bought my first one . Thanks for the suggestions . I threw away my first burn after two days . Thought it was all scented out . How long does a square last ?

don't use them .. can't tell you ...

Dahlonega, GA

Denim , a friend had them and her house always smelled so fresh when I walked in . Had to have one .She used the citrus scented ones .

Hubby would kill me if I kept a candle going all the time .. He cant stand the smell .. (no matter what that smell is ) Grrr

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Ya, my EX was that way about all scents, candles, lotions, perfume. No matter that when I first met him he practically BATHED in colgne! When I got a divorce my sister took me to a nice company that sold lovely scented hand lotions and other wonders! hehehe I LOVE scented lotions, my favorite is "grape" that a friend got a winery.

Dahlonega, GA

I can't stand all that stuff either , but found a light citrus is easy to get along with . I like Old Spice Lime and the only heavy scent that I'd kill for is Bay Rum .(on a man ) .Grrrrrruuuuffff !

Southern California, CA

digger & others; is there is brand that is better than others. I think I'd like to try these. Maybe itrus....

Dahlonega, GA

I don't know , J2222 , it's all new for me too .I just smelled them and picked a coupla .Don't know about brands , got what W M sells .

as a true Trash 2 Treasure
http://www.allfreecrafts.com/candles/melts.shtml

Dahlonega, GA

Sounds like a good way to save $$$$$, Denim .

well you know me ... its all about saving money ...lol

Dahlonega, GA

Don't you ever ? You make silk purses out of pig ears .

thank you ma'am!!! :)

Southern California, CA

Digger: I'm going to WM today, so I'll check them out, or should I say sniff them out. Thanks.

Dahlonega, GA

Just looked at mine . Better Homes & Gardens brand .

Southern California, CA

Digger: OK. Couldn't get to store the other day, so didn't buy any. Will look for BH&G brand.

Dahlonega, GA

That's what W M sells .
Peppermint is favorite so far , not sickeningly sweet .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images