Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
orangegrovegirl
Port Saint Lucie, FL

November 14, 2011
10:37 PM

Post #8890796

Thank you so much for this absolutely breathtaking article. Now I'm inspired to do my own research about Monet and his art. A few years back I bought a calendar of Monet's water gardens and have kept it since. I can't bear to throw away art as lovely as those waterlilies. I am woefully ignorant of the period names of great artworks ( Old Masters, Impressionists, etc.) but I particularly love Monet's work. It's soft, ethereal, calming... or at least what I've seen of it, which is mostly the water gardens. So happy the photographers cooperated with you in allowing you to use their photos for this article. It's interesting to see Monet's paintings compared with a photo of the same subject. Thank you again.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8891598

I agree 100% on the photographers. I think having the actual photographs "made" the article. I've had such wonderful luck with Dave's Garden members when I've asked to use their Plant Files pictures in past articles, but wasn't sure what kind of reception I would get in contacting total strangers through Flickr. I was so pleased when they responded that I was welcome to use their pictures! I'm glad they are getting a little more exposure on their photostreams as a result. I actually got a message from one saying he'd seen a real spike in views on his photostream!

There are a lot of artists I greatly admire, but if I had to choose only one, I'd have to choose Monet. His work just moves me and improves my mood! I'm glad you enjoyed the article!

If you want to read more about Monet, I do really recommend the book the private lives of the impressionists by Sue Roe. It explains so much about what was going on politically and socially when some of my favorite artists were working, and gives a different perspective on what was going on in their personal lives. It was neat to read about them in the context of other artists who were developing at the same time, and read about their friendships and how they impacted each other! I picked it up for 70% off when Borders closed, on a whim, and I think it was my favorite book of the stack I walked out with!

This message was edited Nov 15, 2011 5:30 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Monet's Gardens: Living Works of Art Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks for Monet info CLScott 11 Dec 3, 2011 11:38 AM
Very interesting article. DebBrown 3 Nov 14, 2011 1:56 PM
Thanks msmollynd 1 Nov 14, 2011 1:45 PM
1920-1922 Painting of Grande Allee LeslieT 1 Nov 14, 2011 1:49 PM
Stunning! carrielamont 3 Nov 30, 2011 1:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America