Photo by Melody

Article: Fall composting FAQs - get compost next spring, not next decade: Thanks

Communities > Forums > Article: Fall composting FAQs - get compost next spring, not next decade
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fall composting FAQs - get compost next spring, not next decadeReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DitchLily206
Madison, AL
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2011
10:05 AM

Post #8894209

Thank you for an excellent article. Good info for a beginner, which is what I am.

I had one of those "bins with doors at the bottom" that I bought from a big box store several years ago. You are correct: the door was not very useful. The bin itself has since broken. The best thing that I can say about it was that it was better than nothing, which is what I have now.

I need to build something to replace it as I enjoyed the compost and the garden enjoyed it even more. LOL

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2011
6:55 AM

Post #8895378

You're very welcome, DitchLily.
I use my bin with the door for gooey kitchen waste all summer, keeping the dog from poking around. My main bin is about 4 by 8 feet in wood. Maybe the links in the article will help you decide on your next bin. Enjoy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fall composting FAQs - get compost next spring, not next decade Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Way to go Sally! postmandug 1 Nov 18, 2011 6:57 AM
Some really good tips here Cville_Gardener 1 Nov 18, 2011 6:52 AM
Great article, Sally. pirl 1 Nov 18, 2011 6:51 AM
Great overview! Bookerc1 1 Nov 18, 2011 6:48 AM
Loved all the info! Gitagal 1 Nov 18, 2011 6:42 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America