Barn Faces and Country Scenes, Part Four

(Zone 5a)

We came from here.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1190517/#new

Pictures of old barns, fences, windmills or any country scene is what we like. Stop in and say hi!

He's a happy barn :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

He waved as we got closer :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter
Dahlonega, GA

Found you , and keeping up .

(Zone 5a)

Good! :o)

One of our favorite barns with a really black roof!

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Cheeky guy :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Shy

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Cowboys :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter
Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

I'm keeping up too! Keep 'em coming, Sally. Loved this round of pictures and your captions...all of them! That black roof really adds some pop to the red barn. I can see why it's a favorite. Love the 'cheeky barn'. And the cowboys seem to say, 'come on in and set a spell'.

(Zone 5a)

I'll have to get more pictures, LOL!!

OK, we were on our way home from DD's and these were the neatest clouds. We didn't get any weather from them, and I think it was unseasonably warm that day.

Dancing clouds

Thumbnail by billyporter
(Zone 5a)

Another view

Thumbnail by billyporter
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

When you can see a cloud raining but the rain doesn't reach the ground, it is called virga. I have seen that in the desert.

(Zone 5a)

Hi Kelli,
That's cool! I'm glad I posted these. I knew they weren't cold weather funnels.

It's always my pleasure to show off how much I know. ;-)

(Zone 5a)

It's always a pleasure to learn :o)

Kelli, I heard the term 'virga' for the first time last year from our local TV meteorologist. Thanks! I don't think I've seen such a pretty photo though.

(Zone 5a)

It's not clouds, but it's country :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter
Richmond, TX

Ah! The welcome-waggum!

(Zone 5a)

Ha ha ha ha ha!! I love it!!

Love it too! Photo and Porkpals comment!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I popped in here, Sally. What a great thread. Love those barns. I'm in Barn Quilt Trail territory here and sometimes come across a quilt pattern on a barn. I don't know if I have pictures of any of those or not though.

I don't live on a farm but spent lots of time on my grandparents' farm when I was a child. :) Now I wish I'd spent more. Sigh!

Those cowboy silhouettes are great! Barns too!

Dahlonega, GA

Cville there are some pictures on earlier threads , but you can google barn quilts and get more .

(Zone 5a)

Hi Cville!
We have quite a few barn quilts around here and I should be getting those too. We've talked about it. I picked up a pamplet at the Iowa State Fair that features 50 patterns. It's pretty neat.

Both my Grandparents had farms with barns. One had sheep and a barn we really couldn't play in. The other had cows, a great barn, kittens and a loft we jumped out of into the hay.

I hope I didn't post this one before.

I love it's own ''stars.''

Thumbnail by billyporter
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks for reminding me about the back threads, digger. I'll go through them one day soon.

billyp, that is one fabulous old barn!!

I can't locate any pictures right now but I do have this ... made from reclaimed barn wood and tin from old barn roof. It's a butterfly house. ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Oooooohhhh! Did you find that butterfly house around here? Love it!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

OP, it was a gift, but this is where she got it ... or at least the man who made it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48004757/west-texas-wind-mill-butterfly-house-of?ref=pr_shop

Thanks! Will check it out.

(Zone 5a)

Cville,
That is awesome! I have a plain rectangle one, but I love it even tho butterflies don't really use it. I might find a wasp nest if I look, so I won't, LOL!

Anyway, we went from just old barns to including country scenes :o)

This was taken with zoom from my yard. It's tornado watchers at the end of town, just to the North of me. It's a little bit country and a little bit of rock and rolling weather :o)

Thumbnail by billyporter

Sally/All, I have to be on the lookout for wasps in my bluebird houses. If you put some petroleum jelly on the openings it will keep the wasps out. You have to keep applying it thru the summer but it works! The BB's won't nest if the wasps are in there. Don't know about the butterflies but you might try it.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Good tip.

Those spotters would have been busy here yesterday. Funnel clouds, a lot of destruction east of us toward Nashville. :( No fatalities, I don't believe.

Well, this is an old building here in town. I imagine it used to be in the country. LOL.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
(Zone 5a)

Outside,
I read the butterflies just don't use the house, but I'll file that bit of knowledge. I never knew it would keep a wasp out. Good to know!!

Cville,
Oh dear, bad storms in the south already!

Grinning! Yes, town can overtake easily, and the buttonweed and grass says yes, country! TYou are officially a poster, LOL!

This is a warehouse or barn from the old Hearst Ranch (the father of William Randolph).

Thumbnail by Kelli

Next to it is a warehouse from when Hearst Castle was being built.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 5a)

I had to Google the Hearsts. Interesting reading.

I love the pictures. The castle is cool! Not what I would have pictured, but I like it.

(Zone 5a)

We rode the gravel roads yesterday and took a few pictures I haven't unloaded yet. I have to go to DD's so I'm hoping to get pictures of the twins before I do.

If you haven't seen the old link, Eastpiney posted a neat old corn crib picture!

Here's DH on an old road grader

Thumbnail by Kelli
Richmond, TX

How cool! I love old farm machinery.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

I love it too. Wish I had that grader but don't think it would be nearly as neat looking in my subdivision yard. The neighbors would probably turn me in for cluttering the neighborhood.......... LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Great shot, Kelli. :)

That's really neat, Kelli. Looks skeletonized!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I agree. I would title that photo "The Ghost of Harvests Past". Sort of Dickensian. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images