Florida Gardening Pictures of the Day - 29

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome!
Please come join us & post your photos here!

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1190398/

Thumbnail by wren107

Done!

Allthingsplants, FL(Zone 8b)

Thank you Sandy!!!!! And for the beauteous Camellia. Sooooo pretty!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I love the pic, just beautiful, it could almost bring me over to the pink side, just incredible.

Jan

Thank you. Next week I am going up to the Camellia Society's Gardens
Hoping to have lots of pictures

YIPPIE!!!!!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

That Camellia is soooo pretty. My MIL used to have so many of those in her yard, she would always cut them and make a nice arrangement during the holidays on the dinner table with them.

Deltona, FL(Zone 9b)

My little one sporting a Hibiscus Concord flower. It was bigger than her head! Beautiful camelia wren!

Thumbnail by PurePlants

Thanks
Love the Hibiscus

One of my waterlilies

Thumbnail by wren107

Nice photos guys! I love the brilliance of the hib colors & that water lily virtually glows as if lit from within.

Deland, FL & Hot Spr, AR

Beautiful pics, Sandy. Love that camellia. Can't wait to get to FL to see ours but have to wait until the first of Jan. this year -- doctors appointments pushed ahead way too far for our liking, but will spend Christmas in AR for the first time in about 10 years.

That is one big Hibiscus pureplants...great pic too.

wren I love the water lily, I saw the other one picture somewhere else. I'd love to have a water pond...but no more room...unless another tree dies...lol.

Mine are in large plastic pools that are above ground.

I have had fun this summer taking pictures of butterflies

Thumbnail by wren107

Purrrrty.

Thank you

Thumbnail by wren107

That one looks great on those flowers!

I get this one as I put him on the flowers

He had just came out of the cocoon and had finished his wing stiffening, but was not ready to fly yet so I was able to pose him.

Thumbnail by wren107

How neat Sandy. I like to watch them through that whole process. And I'm sure you've noticed how the "water" drips from their abdomen as they become true butterflies.

yes

I am going to try to have a butterfly house next summer.
I will order the first butterflies from Shady Oak butterfly farm. Will get the Chrysalises, so I can get close up's after they come out
http://www.butterfliesetc.com/

Thumbnail by wren107

What beautiful color on this one! Looks like someone painted it. Oh! Someone did! Mother Nature. She sure is an artist without compare.

What about this one, Love the pattern

Thumbnail by wren107

Not only the pattern but the pattern within the pattern. And the itsy bitsy teeny tiny detail. Awesome! And Sandy --- that's one fine lens you got there. Niiiiiiiiiice.

Thanks I have 4 macro lens.

Thumbnail by wren107

I can smell that!

I do not think that camellia had a sent. I did get one rose pictures and a couple other types of flower pictures but most are of Camellias

Thumbnail by wren107

What I meant was that it was so real like I was there in person looking at it. So close. So fine. Let's term it this way --- I can feel the petals between my fingertips. And get pollen on my hands.

LOL Thank you
You need to go up there, it is at the National Camellia Society's Massee Lane Gardens near Fort Vally, GA
If you go they say that the best time is Feb and March. I am going to return both months if I can! LOL
http://www.camellias-acs.com/display.aspx?catid=7,138

Won't be spending any money till house is built. Then will probably be too broke to spend anything. Won't HAVE anything to spend.

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Thats OK flaflwrgrl,
A home is definitely worth sacrificing for. Don't forget my idea of us all helping with plants to landscape your new place.
We can call it a roundup. I have only been to 2 RU's but have many great memories and plants to show for it.
The Lord loveth a cheerful giver.
HAVE A THANKFUL AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
BONNIE

Thanks Bonnie!

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ALL!!!!!

Ann

Happy Thanksgiving

Wauchula, FL(Zone 9b)

Sandy, I have been to those gardens. They are beautiful! They also sell plants art a reasonable price.

Apopka, FL(Zone 10a)

for your butterfly enclosures I forgot to mention I have remnant 8 foot wide rolls of black poly shade-cloth that you can stretch over any frame and tack-down similar to window screen except larger thicker weave and it lasts forever in the UV sunshine. Let me know to bring you some at the next swap meet. Helps keep-out the hungry wasps.

Thumbnail by ApopkaJohn

That's quite a nifty idea John.

Thank you that would be good over the hot side.

Thumbnail by wren107

Hope all had a great Thanksgiving...it is cold this morning.

Oh John that is such a good idea...I've been thinking about doing something like that...I can't stand my Monarchs getting eaten by the wasp. Do you have a picture of the whole structure?

I love all the Camellia photos...I just don't seem to have very good luck with them...my mother in law used to have tons of them...hers were in mostly shade. She lived here in Central FL also.

I have some Gerbers coming back up again...

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Wauchula, FL(Zone 9b)

C'est Bon Hibiscus

Thumbnail by Rene10

I am going to turn my PVC Pipe Shade house into a butterfly house. the first wrapping will be special fine screen that the tiny wasp can not get through. the second wrapping on the south side will be the kind of cloth that john had and I will also put wire fencing around the bottom.

Thumbnail by wren107
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Thanksgiving cactus in full bloom now.

Thumbnail by BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Blue sky vine from Jeremy at May RU this year.

Thumbnail by BonnieGardens

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.