Daily Pics 142

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

We're coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1223132/

Please share your daily pics here ... whatever suits your fancy ... like tree mushrooms, for instance ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Or this plant, which is pretty interesting ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Interesting indeed, Jubilada. I wonder what that is. Good shot of the tree 'shrooms, too. They look so other-worldly, don't they?
Thanks for the new thread!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Got to post something so I come to the new thread...Jubilada...I like interesting plants.

This is really what you call going out on a limb....

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Talihina, OK

Kinda off subject Jubilada but did you ever get to Sedonia ? Kept watching for some desert pix but just haven't seen any or maybe I just missed..Joe

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, Joe, I was never going to Sedonia ... I did go to New Mexico last year and got some shots of the geology around Los Alamos, but those were HDRs and posted in the picture editing thread ... (they weren't very exciting, btw ...)

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Sunkissed, great shot of that rascally little squirrel!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Will my Charles Grimaldi Brug Blossoms get a chance to unfurl completely before the first frost? I sure hope so! (cropped) ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Some fungi on a drizzly November morning ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

One of those vigilant Autumn Spiders waits patiently on her web near sundown ... (cropped) ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada

Spider shot....good one, like how the web shows up so well.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving...some wild turkeys I caught a photo of on one of our camping trips...zoomed in...

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Great turkey shot, sunkissed ... and ditto, Happy Thanksgiving all!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

I just found out what this "interesting" plant is ... a Strawberry Tree!

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's another interesting plant ... at the community gardens, it's tangled mass of golden has been catching my eye for a while, and finally took a shot today ... can anyone guess what it is? I'll tell later ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Feverfew ... one of the last flowers of fall ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

And a common sight in these parts this time of year ... Persimmons ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Is that perhaps asparagus or something along that line, Jubilada? Just guessing.

I saw a tree a few weeks ago with fruit like that last shot of yours. I was wondering what it was. Now I know! I really like the background in that one, by the way.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Miss Mary, you are right! It IS asparagus!

Memphis, TN

I can't believe it -- that was just a guess! (I hope the prize is a piece of triple-chocolate pumpkin pie.....!)

I went out today a caught a few glimpses of color along the Wolf River.

Thumbnail by HelloMissMary
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

tree I sat under to contemplate after T-day dinner

Thumbnail by jmorth
Memphis, TN

I believe I could almost have life figured out after a contemplative session under that tree, jmorth! Wonderful tree -- what is it?

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

I'm not sure, Bald Cypress perhaps...

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Pretty leaves, Miss Mary ... and that is one gorgeous big tree, jmorth!

Here are some more persimmons ... with red berries ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

People starting to decorate for Christmas already ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

A pretty Christmas wreath ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

A steel sunflower ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

And my Charles Grimaldi Brug did not get zapped by frost yet ... it's starting to bloom big time ... if only the temps will stay in the 40s and 50s a bit longer ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Nice brug!

Hello all hope your Thanksgiving was nice...the weather here was just awesome..I think I spent every day totally outside.
Jmorth love the shot looking up the cypress tree...lots of those here in FL.

Jubilada love the fall color shots...I do love the blooms and colors that nature paints in the landscapes in the fall. And people have had Christmas decor up here since before Thanksgiving...I'm going to work on that today and tomorrow...hopefully.

Miss Merry nice shot...love the fall leaves...not too much of that down here in FL.

Here is some of my fall color going on in the garden now...Mexican Flame vine

Thumbnail by sunkissed

I have some Gerber Daisies coming back out since weather not so hot anymore...here is a pretty yellow one to add to my fall coloring in the garden..

Thumbnail by sunkissed

This is a fire cracker plant, (Russelia sarmentosa), it has been in my garden for many years, freezes to the ground every year and comes back each spring...it is the most beautiful in Dec.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

close up of the blooms on the Red fire cracker plant...

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Lastly a photo of a totally carved out of Ice Nativity scene at the Gaylord Palms hotel in Orlando where my DIL works, temperature is kept at 9 to keep it from melting. They give us Floridians a parka to wear in there since our little jackets would never keep us warm.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Sunkissed, wonderful "fall" blooms you have there! I'm going to have to check out that Red Fire Cracker plant ... it's fabulous! Sounds like it would do ok in California. Does it have a scent? The Ice Nativity scene is awesome!

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Impressive Gerber, Flame vine looks unique .

Jubilada,
The firecracker plant has no scent but the hummers absolutely love it. The big bumble bees are also always on it. Butterflies check it out but move on..funny thing that really likes it is love bugs...we get swarms of them here twice a year in the spring and fall...they are nothing but a bug that gets smashed on the windshield of you car, they don't eat the plants. They are called love bugs because they live to mate and two are always attached, I think they live a couple days and that is it. They love gas pumps too for some reason...when you are pumping gas they are all over the gas station.

Here is a photo of the love bugs this fall on a new bloom just emerging...

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Love Bugs! What a thing! Very interesting bit of information, sunkissed! Great shot of the little rascals!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

First frost here ... Frosty True French Sorrel leaves ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Oregano ... frosted ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

WOW, the thread is up to page 142. Who would have guessed it would last this long. The web site inspired by this thread continues also ~ http://dailypics.ning.com/ We now have a split personality, half for daily pics and half for promoting our web stores in the For Sale group.
Let me add a strange find to the Daily thread. It's some weird spores growing on a decaying garden stake.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.