Photo Editing Fun - Page 46

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, well, time for a new thread ... time flies! We're coming from here ...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1225551/

And I'll start with some Autumn Roses ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here are some shoes, coleus and a front door ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

A window with a window box and flowers ... among some of the manipulations were applying skew and perspective to straighten the drain pipe and windows ... it worked!

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Ooops, obviously I've misnamed this thread ... should do anything on a keyboard after 9 p.m. I guess ... nevertheless, what to do? Should I start over? Can we live with this? Feedback, please!

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Live with it.
Here is one I did with Topaz 5 and Redfield plasteroid for frame.
Window box looks perfect. Nnice grouping by the front door.

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Memphis, TN

Do you think the admin folks could correct it from their end? I didn't even notice.....I just followed the links. (I did something like this before, by the way, but I think I ended up renaming the whole thread!)

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, I sent a query to admin, and we'll see what they say.

TAR, that's some nice results on that photo there with Adjust 5 AND you've got that Plasteriod Frame method down. Good job!

Memphis, TN

I really like the leaves you used on the roses above, Jubilada!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Miss Mary, those were just leaves lying on some grass that I took a shot of ... then, I used graduation of red tones on a layer and converted it to a blend mode and fiddled a bit with the opacity ...

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's some more from my walk yesterday ...

Down the street ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Pretty Colors #1 ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Pretty Colors #2 ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Japanese Maple ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

Oh, oh, oh! That "Down the Street" composition is fantastic! It's Autumn-air crisp! Wonderful colors in the others, too (I especially like the Maple leaves!!!).

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Jubilada, Thanks for the new thread. I like 43. Can I go back to 43? ^_^

Love all the great colors and fall leaves. I am going out tomorrow in search of fall colors. Ditto what Miss Mary said - "Down the street" is awesome! I really like your window too - great, simple composition and fantastic texture. And the porch with the repeating maroon colors is one of those wonderful images that you see and I never see. Great eye!

Ted, I love the framing and the grunge look in your image!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I do not want this to get political and have no intention of making it so. I just wanted to whine about losing my park.

Last Thursday my computer at work decided that it needed a break. While the IT gurus were trying to revive it, I took a break too. There is a nice little park two blocks from my building that was my refuge when I needed some time to think or just unwind. I would eat lunch there sometimes and just sit and watch the pigeons. I loved to see the sunlight filtering through and lighting up their irridescent feathers.

No more. Houston, we have a problem. My little park has been invaded by folks that think it is okay to park themselves and all their junk and trash for days (or will it be months? years?) on end while they protest something or other. Ironic that Tranquility Park is the name of the park and it is everything but tranquil now. When did it get to be okay to turn a protest into a sleep-over? They could at least pick up their trash and go home at night. If it was just people out there, no problem. It's the sleeping bags and boxes and chairs and junk that I don't want to see.

Oh well, only another few weeks for me, but I feel sorry for the other folks downtown that used to enjoy that park before it became a tent city.

Shot these with my iPhone. Totally processed this one with a freebie iPhone program. Amazing what those little phones will do.

Okay, I'm done whining.

Please, no political comments!!!

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Actually, from this direction, the park still looks pretty good and this sign is quite colorful.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Memphis, TN

Patti, I'm sorry you lost your tranquil spot. I can't believe how good your iPhone picture is, processing and all! Amazing little gadgets we have at our disposal these days.....

Hey, I'm with you....can we all get a partial do-over and go back to 43?

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Went out to Willis today. Three Wood Ducks jumped off of the pond as I approached. I got two shots, one almost in focus. Well, it is in focus for Mrs. Wood Duck, but Mr. Wood Duck is not in the same plane and I had a really narrow depth of field, so he's a bit OOF.

I like it anyway.

Cropped about 1/3 away., tweaked exposure, levels, noise reduction, sharpened and added a frame.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Jubilida love the down the street compositon and color.
Pattie like the duck works. Sound like I am doing refrigeration. LOL Ayway it looks great.
Mary back to 43 sure sounds good to me.
Here is a shot of a residential street in San Gimignano, Italy eddited with topaz 5

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Patti, nice duck work ... lovely job finessing the whole thing, and that frame is just the right color!

TAR, that's a great shot of that Italian street, and swell Topaz 5 treatment!

After a workday at the community gardens this morning, my poor old bones would gladly go back to 43!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Ted, I loved San Gimignano. I think it was my favorite city of all we visited. Your shot shows off the wonderful arches over the walkways and the colorful doors. The treatment looks great. I want to go back.

Memphis, TN

TAR, that scene is so inviting! I just want to step into it and see what's around that turn. Wonderful treatment of a beautiful shot!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Lots of Robins out today. This one was up against that bright white sky, so I had to spend forever trying to get rid of the fringing - purple and green. I am not so good at this. You can still see traces along some of the limbs. Miss Mary, I need lessons.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Memphis, TN

Patti, I'm all too familiar with fringe! It shows up in more photos than I'd like to admit...

In PSE, I just use the lasso tool to capture the areas (loosely) and then select Enhance > Adjust Color > Replace Color. I click on the purples or blues, do a little fine tuning and then play with changing the hue and/or decreasing the saturation and/or darkening (to blend with the branches) or lightening (to blend with the sky). I really have a major problem with glowing edges when I'm trying to capture those tall Autumn-clad trees!!

Your Robin seems to be keeping a close eye on his/her surroundings. I think you tamed the fringe quite well, by the way....

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Miss Mary. I still see some lighter colored edges, but I didn't do all the work you described. That's a lot!

Here are a couple more Robins. This female and male hopped down toward the water for a drink. They kept an eye on me, but they must have been more thirsty than they were afraid. No need to be afraid. I could barely see them in all the leaf/twig litter.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

One more from me tonight. Since I went out in search of fall colors, I thought I'd better post at least one photo with some color ... I didn't see much - just a few patches of color here and there - not trees full of color. This is just a plain old Chinese Tallow tree that I saw in a park near my house. They do transform into some beautiful yellow and red colors, but they are considered invasive in Texas. They are all over the place, but I haven't seen very many on our property at Willis.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Memphis, TN

Oh, I like those red leaves! I don't recall hearing about any of those trees around here.

Those Robins are well-camouflaged, aren't they? I really like the reflections you captured in the water!

I'm not at all confident that my way of handling fringe is the best (or easiest) way. I'd be interested in hearing about some others' methods. I do know I haven't had any success with the automatic fringe-fixers (I know PSP has one).

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

I came across this site a while back, on fighting "purple mould," as the author so cleverly called it ...

http://photoholism.com/purple_mould.html

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

And, not only that, you'll notice that this thread is now correctly named!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh, and Patti, those Chinese Tallow leaves are very pretty!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the link, Jubilada. I will give that a try when I get home. Ah rats, I knew being 43 again wouldn't last. :)

Memphis, TN

Great, Jubilada! I'll try this, too.
LOL Patti....nice while it lasted.

Kingston, OK(Zone 7a)

Bottomless lake Roswell, NM Topazed
Pattie nice photos and treatment.
Like the plain old Chinese Tallow tree

Thumbnail by TARogers5
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

TAR, that bottomless lake is indeed fascinating! Where is it in New Mexico? What color!

Here are some drab fungi amidst some sprouting paperwhites ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Ted, Fantastic, bold colors on your bottomless lake.

Jubilada, I think those are quite interesting fungi. And that frame is very cool. Will the paperwhites bloom in the winter?

I call this Weird Mood, because I was in one.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Here's the progression ... From Boring to Weird in a few simple steps

Started with me trying to get some fall color and getting this boring shot of what I think is a Black Gum tree. Then I decided it would look better blurred and wished I had moved the camera around when I was out taking the photo. But, Photoshop to the rescue. I did a Motion Blur at 90 degrees and 100% and got the middle image. Then I duplicated it, rotated the dupe 90 degrees and pasted the rotated dupe on top of the original. I stretched it up to fill the frame, changed the blend mode to Lighten so the lighter stuff on the lower layer would show through and boosted the contrast. Weird, huh?

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Well, well, Patti ... Weird? ... or Wired maybe ... hmmmm!

The paperwhites should bloom mid- to late December through January.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Actually, I think the original shot of the Black Gum tree is very nice ... your experiment is cool, too!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Jubilada, Wired! LOL. I'll be looking forward to seeing those paperwhites.

Here's a link for you Topazers - very cool effect.
http://www.topazlabs.com/blog/denise-ippolito’s-photo-inspiration-using-adjust-5/

I'm still on the Topaz fence. I've downloaded the trial version, but just never got hooked.

p

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.