What are you making - almost Winter 2011??

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

We came from here:http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228663/

I finally downloaded pics from my camera.

One of you sent me scraps of sunflower fabrics earlier this year. This is a quilt I made for my cousin who loves sunflowers.
It was a free pattern and the instructions for the setting strips were not very good. Took quite awhile to figure out how to make the "X".

Thumbnail by Qwilter

Someone out there also sent me the crazy fish fabric in the center of these blocks.

Thumbnail by Qwilter

These are quilts for the Kids in hospitals.

Thumbnail by Qwilter

This one is flannels.

Thumbnail by Qwilter

Crazy cats..................

Thumbnail by Qwilter
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I love look of stack and whacks and I simply have to give them a try!!

Your Sunflower quilt turned out so nice, I'm sure all of us that were able to send you Sunflower fabric are feeling wonderful for having contriubuted to it's success!!

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

The Sunflower quilt is really pretty! Love those little Xs, gives alot of interest to the sashings. How big are you making your quilts for the kids? In between a baby and twin size or ? The Women's Shelter here accepts kids quilts also, but I wasn't sure how big to finish them off...

The smallest ones are ~ 40X50 give or take.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Nice job on the quilts! Love everyone of them!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Wonderful quilts Jean. They are all beautiful....

Phoenix, AZ

Love all of them, but that Sunflower quilt is gorgeous! I finished my last rag quilt and already gave everyone their Christmas quilts since it has actually gotten chilly here :)

Next is a baby rag quilt for my niece who is expecting, with a crochet blanket to match.

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Phoenix, AZ

Next~~~~

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Love the sunflowers Jean, All the kids quilts are sooooo cute.

Fish that rag looks so rich and vibrant, love your color choices. The baby rag is gonna be darling.

Fish, I LOVE the new baby rag quilt!! I had some of that frog fabric and few that coordinated with it. You have a great combination going on there!

I have a red/white and blue rag quilt in the making. One more row to put on & the clipping has been started. My co-workers are doing it for our immediate supervisor for her Bday after Christmas.

I have a pile of frog fabrics. My plan is to make the Frog blocks out of them.

(thunder)Wildwood, FL(Zone 9a)

Jean, what frog blocks are you making??

I am making a rag quilt too, decided I needed to do some thing sorta mindless...if'n ya know what I mean...not so much concentrating on pieces for block patterns...but I did do a pattern on it.

here is the front, altogether, but not cut yet.

Thumbnail by barefootT

this is the other side.

Jean, where did you find that pattern for the sunflowers quilt?? that is gorgeous !!!

Thumbnail by barefootT

The block is called "Frog" or "Jumping Forg" or something. I'ts squares and !/2 sq triangles & does look like a frog.

The Sunflower quilt was a Free pattern on I think the Northcott site. If I can find my pattern, I'll let you know for sure. And it was Free for a reason. The instructions were not very good & I had to "read between the lines" to figure out how to do those "X". If I can locate the pattern, I hope to do a Soldier quilt over the next few weeks.

My cousin had asked for "something small" she could put on display. Of course, I don't do small things. Not into wall hangings and the such. And so many of you donated sunflower fabrics that I only had to purchase the borders & backings.

Having "issues" with my HQ. I threaded & re-threaded and still not getting proper stitches on the underside. Most likely lint or a piece of thread in the tension disks. After work today I'll have to unscrew the disks and clean them out. Hopefully that will do the trick. Always happens when I have a deadline!!!!

Thunder, that quilt is awesome! Love the colors!

I have done a few different frogs..they are just...FUN !!

thanks LK :)

Thunder, I don't suppose we should be surprized when you and I are working on a variation of the same thing? LOL Gosh I hope I can get pictures posted some day. Maybe I need to ask one of sons to TEACH me how to do all this for Christmas???

Hi Doc!! I think that would be a great Christmas present....along with some fabric....for you to "practice" taking picture of and posting !!!! LOL

have a great day !!

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

this is a cute froq quilt from one of Shar Jorgenson's vids

http://www.quilterstv.com/channel/video/1274?item=10

nice frogs !! and I love the dragonflies in the background!!!

Yes, that was a cute quilt wall hanging.

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

I was watching that video again (for the umpteenth time), and just noticed that big dragonfly behind Angie today! Not sure if that was a design board or a wall quilt that they had done previously, but have not seen it on any of her other videos..

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Ok, here is the quilt top with borders, the outer border is a really beautiflu fabric, it doesn't show how pretty in the picture. I wish I had gotten more of it, still might. Benny is pointing out the various shades of grey.

Thumbnail by Catbird423
Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Here is a closeup with Scrambles this time.
I was not able to find the tutorial on line but when I get back from T-day travels will post How to do pictures.

Thumbnail by Catbird423

Robyn that is so very prettty. I love working with grey and I'm so glad to see it coming back in the stores again. For the longest time, I couldn't find any....I love it with a bright aqua or a chatreuse or lime or a pop your eyes out purple!!! Cant wait for the how-to!!!

Lovely !!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Designing DD's quilt for x-mas. We've made acouple of color changes. I'll post pictures as I go along. I think it'll be pretty wild, she likes it.

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my new American Quilting Friends...may you be surrounded by loved ones and people you care about!!

Love and Hugs
Thea

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE AND HAPPY THURSDAY TO ALL OUR CANADAIAN FRIENDS!!! Any day is one to be thankful for all our wonderful friends here......

I have something TRULY to be grateful for!! Well I have LOTS to be grateful for and I am, but this is recent event!

Yesterday high winds broke one tree off at the ground, and it toppled into the next, and it pushed over onto the 3rd which leaned over. it broke off one limb of our "Elk Horn tree" (Chinese Sumac). It did NOT hit our house, shed, power lines or even break my cement Angel bench!!!

We've lived here just 2 years and I knew ONE tree was dead and then this year thought all 3 should be taken down but I honestly didn't know how we could afford to do it. Our yard is NOT big, I honestly didn't know how we were going to get these trees down. I thought it would take a big bucket truck. The guy that came took them down VERTICALLY! He would notch and cut with the chain saw and then drop a section to the ground from the bottom up!! Like pulling the bottom block on Jenga. My husband said it was fasinating to watch. He's got the trees down and will finish cutting them up and hauling it away on Monday. $300 total for all 3, what a bargain! I was really concerned how I was going to come up with $300 but I have it figured out. Life is good!

Wow! So glad you had no damage from those tree's!

$300 that is a BIG bargain !! a co worker just paid $1600.00 to get one tree that got hit by lightning removed from her yard!!!

Life is good!! YES ^_^

I got a bunch of my rag quilt clipped yesterday, watching the parade, the dog show, and cartoons!!! I especially enjoyed Horton hears a who !!!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I've got all the fabric for DD's quilt. Had to order the back online. Glad Joann's had free shipping.

Yes, I'm working on a another rag quilt now. My youngest son's S/O likes peace signs etc. I found a really bargain in Yakima about a month ago. Some batik, some tie dye etc with Peace signs. I cut denim yesterday and I'm going to TRY to over dye some denim turquoise.

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I have been wanting to do a flannel rag quilt. I had black/grey/whites in mind, but those colors are hard to find in flannel. So I went to JoAnn's on black friday and loaded up on $1.49 flannel! I have all the 5" squares cut, and will soon start sewing the back to fronts with x's, then I'll figure what to do with them! I don't like to follow patterns, so I just make my own.

Thumbnail by JoParrott
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Pretty fabrics, Jo. I hope you'll do a show and tell when it's finished.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.