I.D. Please

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Please help me name this orchid cactus. It's putting out buds!

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Close up;

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Pawleys Island, SC

I have never seen 1 with so many buds at 1 time. It is going to be breathtaking.

Greensburg, PA

Looks like you have a Rhipsalis there (and not an epiphyllum). Could be R. elliptica, R. occidentalis, or others. Will need you to post closeup pics of the buds, flowers and fruit to get a good ID. My R. elliptica is blooming right now, so that would be a possible ID for you as the timing is right for it.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

krowten, you've nailed it. R. elliptica it's! Many thanks. Linda, the plant is amazing. This is its first blooming wave for me.

Greensburg, PA

Elliptica blooms for me at this time each year.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Mine must just now become of age. It's nice to know they bloom regularly this time of year. Thanks krowten.

Pawleys Island, SC

Please post pictures when all of those buds open. I can't wait to see it.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Linda, the blooms must be very small as the buds signal. Last winter I had another Rhapsalis that blooms the buds looked very much like this one. I surely will post pics. as this one opens.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

So - any blooms yet??

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, it was like fairy fireworks, tiny little blooms. I forgot to take picture however. Sorry. They're long spent. Awwwww.

So Kim,

When are we going to see the full Flower show from this Hanging Basket ?
I for one would Love to see it. ^_^

kell.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Oh Kell, I'm so sorry I missed it. Now we all have to wait until next year. May I please take a rain check?

That's kool Kim.

I'm looking forward to it. ^_^

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thanks. ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images