Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Home Decorating: I have my tree up for Thanksgiving dinner with friends.

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 10, Views: 93
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2011
4:44 PM

Post #8901932

The tree minus the gifts. Ho HO Ho not yet.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8901949

There seems to be a trend to merge a secular holiday with a religious one. Guess you are in step.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8902145

Not meant to step on anyone's toes, I just love the spirit of Christmas and I feel that it just spreads the joy of giving and sharing even with the Thanksgiving holiday.
There is no intention of what I do. Its just that some folks won't be here for Christmas so we all get to feel the joy of the holiday season together.
I am sorry if I offended anyone by this but this is just my way of doing things and I can do it my way because who knows if I will even be here for Christmas or the friends that I am sharing my Thanksgiving dinner with as health and age have a lot to do with life at this time in my life.
Sorry
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8902155

Jan...it is lovely...I know folks that keep their tree up all year...I made the decorations for one of them.

Have a Great Thanksgiving with friends and family. Jo
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2011
8:58 PM

Post #8902223

You cause no offense to me. It is just an observation that for those of us who do not celebrate Christmas it seems to override everything else for months prior to the holiday. I do not mean to step on toes either but being an immigrant first generation American makes Thanksgiving and other American holidays important to me.

Ditto the well wishes for a meaningful TG holiday as well as Christmas.
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8902533

Happy Thanks Giving to you MaypopLaurel. I do wish you a very special day filled with love and family and friends.
We all have our own traditions and mine was to have the tree decorated at Thanksgiving. I can appreciate what you are saying about the major stores flooding the market with Christmas. To me, since it is one of my very favorite holiday, I don't have a problem with it but like you say, to those that do not recognize that particular holiday, it can be fairly over whelming.
Hugs and Blessing to you MaypopL, have a wonderful day.
Jan
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2011
7:18 AM

Post #8902545

To all of my friends here at Daves Garden. I wish you all a very special and happy Thanks Giving

http://youtu.be/7NSQLMPUK-8
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

November 23, 2011
8:00 AM

Post #8902590

Very sweet. Thanks. :)
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8902669

Jan...Do you realize that Oregon is one of the few states that I haven't visited...I'm going to get up there one of these days...be warned!! Jo
Gourdbeader
Toledo, OR
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2011
12:46 PM

Post #8902980

I told you any time Jo. I have a bed ready for you. I think you would prefer the spring vs this wet cold stuff we are having just now but it is your choice. Any time.
Have a great Thanks Giving. Are you going to be spending it with your family?
Jan
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

November 23, 2011
2:02 PM

Post #8903060

Jan...My church has a Thanksgiving Day pot luck every year...my 2 DD's and their family will attend with me...I love having the fellowship and friends. Jo

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 164 Nov 19, 2014 12:23 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America