Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

I have my tree up for Thanksgiving dinner with friends.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

The tree minus the gifts. Ho HO Ho not yet.

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

There seems to be a trend to merge a secular holiday with a religious one. Guess you are in step.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Not meant to step on anyone's toes, I just love the spirit of Christmas and I feel that it just spreads the joy of giving and sharing even with the Thanksgiving holiday.
There is no intention of what I do. Its just that some folks won't be here for Christmas so we all get to feel the joy of the holiday season together.
I am sorry if I offended anyone by this but this is just my way of doing things and I can do it my way because who knows if I will even be here for Christmas or the friends that I am sharing my Thanksgiving dinner with as health and age have a lot to do with life at this time in my life.
Sorry

Crossville, TN

Jan...it is lovely....I know folks that keep their tree up all year...I made the decorations for one of them.

Have a Great Thanksgiving with friends and family. Jo

You cause no offense to me. It is just an observation that for those of us who do not celebrate Christmas it seems to override everything else for months prior to the holiday. I do not mean to step on toes either but being an immigrant first generation American makes Thanksgiving and other American holidays important to me.

Ditto the well wishes for a meaningful TG holiday as well as Christmas.

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

Happy Thanks Giving to you MaypopLaurel. I do wish you a very special day filled with love and family and friends.
We all have our own traditions and mine was to have the tree decorated at Thanksgiving. I can appreciate what you are saying about the major stores flooding the market with Christmas. To me, since it is one of my very favorite holiday, I don't have a problem with it but like you say, to those that do not recognize that particular holiday, it can be fairly over whelming.
Hugs and Blessing to you MaypopL, have a wonderful day.
Jan

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

To all of my friends here at Daves Garden. I wish you all a very special and happy Thanks Giving

http://youtu.be/7NSQLMPUK-8

Very sweet. Thanks. :)

Crossville, TN

Jan...Do you realize that Oregon is one of the few states that I haven't visited...I'm going to get up there one of these days....be warned!! Jo

Toledo, OR(Zone 8a)

I told you any time Jo. I have a bed ready for you. I think you would prefer the spring vs this wet cold stuff we are having just now but it is your choice. Any time.
Have a great Thanks Giving. Are you going to be spending it with your family?
Jan

Crossville, TN

Jan...My church has a Thanksgiving Day pot luck every year...my 2 DD's and their family will attend with me....I love having the fellowship and friends. Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.