Photo by Melody

Article: Gardening in Winter: Deep South Region: Hey Marie!

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening in Winter: Deep South Region
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening in Winter: Deep South RegionReplies: 1, Views: 5
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

bariolio

bariolio
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2011
7:39 PM

Post #8902105

I really enjoyed your article, especially for the examples of flowering plants and bulbs to grow now. I have been planting a winter veggie garden and herb garden for a number of years but don't know as much about winter flower options. I did find out last year that beautiful fuchsias do NOT survive in W. Houston once the heat hits! They were so beautiful...
The pull of gardening in beautiful, cool weather is so great that I managed to get veggie seeds & pansies planted and several hanging baskets potted despite recovering from a badly herniated lumbar disc! Can you imagine gardening without bending?! Thankfully, my hubby did the bed prep for me.
Happy gardening! Janet
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 23, 2011
7:25 AM

Post #8902555

Thanks for your feedback. I, too, have been smitten with the beauty of fuchsias, but they met the same fate as yours. I can't imagine gardening without bending, but it seems that you have managed to do just that. Thank goodness for our willing spouses! Hang in there!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening in Winter: Deep South Region Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you for this article Elphaba 3 Nov 26, 2011 4:30 PM
Really appreciate your article Suzy_Bee 1 Dec 9, 2011 10:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America