Post #8904100

And you to Haystack where ever you are
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

November 24, 2011
3:00 PM

Post #8904157

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hubbie had us a couple of nice T-Bone steaks cut and is fixing to put them on the grill now. Hope you all have a truly wonderful day with family and friends.

I have been hard at it all week getting my pens in order. I am finally having my neck fixed tomorrow and will be down for I don't know how long. I am having 3 artifical disk put in, 1 vertabra removed(corpectomy), bone grafts and hardware (titianum cage screwed in to hold me together). Pray it helps give me some pain relief. Been trying to quit smoking. I am down to 1/2 a pack and only smoking 1/2 the cigarette. Bone grafts won't fuse if I keep smoking. Pray for me to have the strength to put them down at least a few months to get well (permanantly would be great too lol)
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

November 24, 2011
9:48 PM

Post #8904633

DonnaB, don't mean to butt in, but just kind of sitting here letting my dinner digest and browsing when I read your post about your neck surgery.

My sister had quite extensive surgery on her neck last month, don't ask me to explain what she had done, please, 'cause I can't. But anyway, she flew down to Arizona where they have a winter home, and then to NY for Thanksgiving, then will fly back to AZ and then drive home to Washington state.

Then they are going to Costa rica for 2 months at Christmas. So, you see, she is doing quite well. I thought she was really pushing it, but she seems to be doing good. I spoke with her a couple of days ago and she sounded great.

I hope you do as well. Good luck, and I will watch for your post to see how you do. Jeanette
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

November 25, 2011
3:52 AM

Post #8904738

Will be praying for you Donna,and if you are able to put cigerettes down for a few months please don`t pick them back up again your health will thank you.
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

November 25, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8905000

I know how hard it is to quit Donna.. I sure hope you can.. bones NEED to heal... I wish you the best. Do come back and let us know how you are doing.. Or have someone come drop in for ya.. Love to you my friend.

We had an awesome Thanksgiving. I tried to make everything from scratch.. or from my garden.. It was amazing how good it was.. Had a lot of family over.. and it was my mom's 98th birthday... Awesome day!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8905045

Wow 98!! Congratulations to her!
porkpal
Richmond, TX

November 25, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8905192

What a day you had ZZ! A 98th birthday plus Thanksgiving: amazing!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

November 25, 2011
10:09 PM

Post #8906048

I think of you often DonnaB, especially your not being able to lay down to sleep. I did that for ten days a few years ago when I had the flu. Couldn't lay down because I couldn't breath. It wasn't fun to sleep in my chair.

It is good to hear others are having surgery with good results. Don't leave us in the dark too long on how you are doing. My prayers are with you.

Lately I've had some pain in my neck when I wake up, so I bought a buckwheat pillow. Still can't decide if it is helping, but it seems to be, at least somewhat. My grandson laid down on it, sat up, punched it and said, "MEME what have YOU DONE to your pillow?"

Say happy birthday to your mom from all of us Z. It's amazing she has come so far.

How long has Haystack been gone now? He was going to Europe and then come back here and go to Alaska right? Wonder if he'll come back and say hi.

DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

November 26, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8906584

I'm home. Pain not to bad. Groggy from the pain meds and weak. Just wanted to let you know all went well.
porkpal
Richmond, TX

November 26, 2011
12:14 PM

Post #8906606

Hooray! I'm so glad!
Jnette
Northeast, WA
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2011
2:01 PM

Post #8906723

Wonderful!! Thanks for posting.
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

November 26, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8906951

So glad to hear that.Hoping everyday is better than the last
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

November 26, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8906974

Glad your doing OK Donna keep us posted. I am hoping this will finally cure your pain. Get well soon!
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

November 27, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8908151

Wow, that was quick! Glad you made it through surgery okay. Thanks so much for posting.

How long will it take to heal? I would guess several months.

You take care DonnaB. You are in my prayers.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 28, 2011
4:55 AM

Post #8908641

Im back at work today and can get on the computer! Just wanted you all to know I was thinking of you and wishing you all the best Thanksgiving...cause I was certainly blessed this year, and very Thankful! Both of my Parents were home for the Holiday and doing wonderfully. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner with the help of my Daughter Jenny and my Sister Terry, in my Mothers kitchen. We had lots of Family and fun.
Donna , here are my hugs and prayers for your quick recovery (((((((/\ /\))))))). I know you will be just fine!!! E.
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2011
8:28 AM

Post #8908895

That is such good news Eufaula. I've missed you. You are the spice in the carrot cake.
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

November 28, 2011
11:07 AM

Post #8909063

Ditto
porkpal
Richmond, TX

November 28, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8909094

I hope you'll check in often; we like to hear from you always and then also we won't worry about you - as much.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 29, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8910025

Awww, you all are so sweet! Dont worry I have some stories Im working on right now. I had to really cull down my chicken family, as you all know, but Ive got some good news coming your way about the babies I kept! New threads coming soon!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America