Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Sewing and Quilting: *ABBISGRANMA*

Communities > Forums > Sewing and Quilting
bookmark
Forum: Sewing and QuiltingReplies: 50, Views: 413
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 24, 2011
7:21 PM

Post #8904356

Abbisgranma (Marion) has asked me to relay this message that she won't be able to meet the deadline of a "winter swap block" as there are urgent family matters that demand her attention.
She apologize in advance for this, and I have assured her that the ladies here would understand.

I tried looking for the particular group she's referring to... but I got lost through the threads!

Thank you ladies.

Jaye

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 25, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8904818

Please let her know that we DO understand and that our prayers are with her and her family. Sending gentle hugs...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8904880

Thank you Barb. She certainly will need all the prayers sent her way.
If you're aware of the swap she's talking of, can you please let the organizer know?

This is what she said:
"We need prayers big time for here!! Mom started coughing up blood Tuesday evening and was rushed to the hospital. She lost about 1/2 cup which is not what she needs at the time; down to 82 pounds and running a fever. She has been put on a stronger antiboitic for the pneumonia and is now in isolation as the are making sure she hasn't contracted TB at the nursing home. We are all on standby until the results of the testing comes back. Sad to say, it must be considered as her aid is Haitian and does make frequent trips back and forth. He may not have it but could be a carrier so in the meantime, testing are being done. They have not been able to stop the bleeding, she is alert but oh so weak.
I am here waiting until we know more information and how things develop over the next few days. "

This message was edited Nov 25, 2011 10:53 AM

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 25, 2011
9:28 AM

Post #8905054

Oh Marion! They had such a rough go of it!

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 25, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8905612

if you speak to her again Jaye, give her our love, and tell her we all send big loving hugs!!!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2011
5:36 PM

Post #8905708

Yes Pat. It's not easy when you have a small family. It's just Marion and her sister to keep watch over their mum.
Hopefully the antibiotics will help.

I'll let her know Thunder. She tried logging on to DG, but couldn't get through.
shuggins
Houston, TX
(Zone 9b)

November 25, 2011
5:43 PM

Post #8905723

My prayers are with Marion and her family.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 25, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8905769

Thank you Sheila.

Tonight's *news* from her.

"Mom hasn't lost any ground today nor has she gained any. She is getting morphine every 4 hours as directed by the doctor now. It helps with her breathing and actually allows her to get some rest. I did forget to mention I think---she has a broken rib which is adding to the mixture. No clue when or how this happened. Atleast today she hadn't coughed any more blood and we are hoping and praying it continues this way."

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

November 25, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8905894

I'm sure she is so fragile a broken rib could easily happen. My thoughts and prayers with Marion & her family.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8906169

Keeping you and yours in my prayers every day Marion. Try to take care of you too...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 26, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8906344

Sending lots of prayers her way!

morknotmindy

morknotmindy
Oracle , AZ
(Zone 8b)

November 26, 2011
11:12 AM

Post #8906537

Marion, my heart goes out to you and your Mom. Life is so hard at times. There are no words that can make this easier to bear. Just know that you will be able to smile and find joy again. Been there. I know.
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 26, 2011
12:30 PM

Post #8906626

Well said Gloria...been there too *hugs*

Marion keeping you and your Family in thoughts and prayers.
Hugs and love
Thea

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 26, 2011
6:48 PM

Post #8907069

Tonight's note from Marion:

"Things are not any better, in fact, not a very good report today. She is unable to bring up anything, they did say she has mucus that she is unable to expel. A doctor told her nurse today that she is trying to leave us. The skin test for TB is negative but the infectous disease doctor said we have to wait until the blood test comes back before we can stop wearing all the "grab". They are keeping her comfortable with the morphine. Today she wasn't interested in eating very much and it was difficult to drink with a straw. What will be, will be it is out of our hands. Sue and I just pray she is not in any serious pain and can go peacefully if it is time. They did do a chest xray today so we should have a better understanding how the pneumonia is doing.

Yes, there are many things that could have caused the broken rib. Unfortunately they are unable to tell us how old the break is so we are just very careful with her.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers to all here during this time. We certainly need them."

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2011
4:01 AM

Post #8907353

Sending lots of (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to you Marion! Lots of prayers too!

Thanks for the update Jaye!

jumper2

jumper2
Huron, OH
(Zone 5b)

November 27, 2011
5:21 AM

Post #8907408

sending prayers and hugs!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8907423

Keeping you in my heart Marion...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

November 27, 2011
7:32 PM

Post #8908423

All our love and thoughts are with you Marion at this difficult time. Sometimes loved ones need "permission" to go, my mom did.

barefootT

barefootT
(thunder)Wildwood, FL
(Zone 9a)

November 27, 2011
9:51 PM

Post #8908509

what Karen said...and lots of hugs, and love..
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 28, 2011
2:56 AM

Post #8908576

Adding my prayers, too.
housse301
Lexington Park, MD

November 28, 2011
3:47 AM

Post #8908599

sending prayers and hugs Marion
quilter_gal
(Elizabeth) DFW Area, TX

November 28, 2011
11:42 AM

Post #8909095

Oh Marion, I'm sorry that the news is so discouraging, right now. :( The morphine is probably what's keeping her appetite dulled, but at least she is not in pain. I hope that she will have some lucid moments with you first, if this is indeed her time to go. May our good God keep you and strengthen you and give you His peace. Sending a hug and prayers for you all.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 28, 2011
3:04 PM

Post #8909315

Keeping all in my prayers!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

November 29, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8910179

Awesome group of ladies here. Besides a common interest in quilting, you all show very much needed compassion. Thank you.

Haven't heard from her this past weekend. I'll update this thread as soon as I hear more.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

November 29, 2011
11:02 AM

Post #8910366

Thanks Jaye..will continue to pray..but all anyone can do right?
May God's will be done!
Thea1962
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

November 29, 2011
11:19 AM

Post #8910384

Holding Marion and Family in thoughts and prayers too...

cheriffic

cheriffic
(Cheryl) Wilmington, MA

November 29, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8910687

Same here. gosh it is so hard dealing with illness and really tough when it is your family. Marion Hugs and lots prayers for you, Sis and Mom.
Love Cher

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2011
9:40 PM

Post #8914465

On her Facebook wall Dec. 12th..
"We finally have Mom out of the hospital, still very, very weak. This was a major setback. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 3, 2011
2:18 AM

Post #8914529

Continuing lots of prayers for them!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 3, 2011
3:18 AM

Post #8914543

Sending prayers along with those before me
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2011
7:47 PM

Post #8920837

I have returned home for a while and I thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers. I will never be able to express how much you taking the time to post has helped. My son had been out of state working when the latest happened with his grandmother. When he returned from his job requirements he came to see her and I came back with him.

Before Mom was sent back to the nursing home, she had to undergo a scope of her lung. Actually they "cleansed" the lung and took cultures to send off for more information. We were told she has bronchitis, pneumonia and the lung has liaisons (no cancer) and a cavity caused by acid reflux. She was moved back to the nursing facility when she stabilized from the procedure. She is extremely weak, sleeps more now and her appetite has decreased a great deal.

After many questions and discussions, it was suggested I come home to take care of some issues here...the fact our a/c - heat unit chose this time to die!!! The Hospice rep. said if there was any change they would call me direct rather than going through my sister. So I am trying to get some things done for a small family holiday before returning to stay an extended length of time with my sister.

Again, thank each of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. A wonderful holiday to all and take time to hold those who are so dear and precious to you just a little closer!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 7, 2011
8:02 PM

Post #8920864

Glad to hear your back home, even for a short time, and your Mom is back in the nursing home! ! We will continue prayers for your Mom and you traveling back and forth! Get some rest, and hope you get your A/C - heater working soon!

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 7, 2011
9:12 PM

Post #8920982

I am so in tune as to what you are facing every single day and am sorry that i cannot help to ease the pain.

Keep well to have strength for what's yet to come. helene

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2011
9:35 PM

Post #8920999

So good to see you Marion, you & yours continue in my thoughts and prayers. Sorry you are during with a grumpy heating unit!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 8, 2011
2:44 AM

Post #8921083

Will continue to keep you and yours in my prayers..

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
6:50 AM

Post #8921210

Praying for you and your family daily Marion. Try to take a bit of time for you if you can. I know it's not easy. Godspeed my friend...

siliolegma

siliolegma
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
7:34 AM

Post #8921264

Nothing I can say will make it better. (((((((((HUGS))))))))
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2011
11:20 AM

Post #8921527

Marion - I think of you often & pray for the best.

FLStu

FLStu
Lowell, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2011
1:38 PM

Post #8921730

Ditto the prayers Marion... I'd rather the heat/air die in cold weather. Ya can always put a sweater and more clothes on. In the heat, you can only take off so much and still keep the shades up.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 8, 2011
2:45 PM

Post #8921817

Heater is fixed--yet again. I was really worried this time as my unit is 37 year old and living on borrowed time in my opinion. $60.00 and back in business--just don't make them like they used to anymore. The caps that cover wires, wire nutsI think they are called, cracked thus shutting down the unit--replaced with something other than plastic this time.

mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2011
1:13 AM

Post #8922304

We came back to a dead AC/heater unit. Going to wait awhile to replace it. Really don't need the air right now. Hope we won't need heat this winter.

helenethequeen

helenethequeen
Longboat Key, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 9, 2011
8:39 AM

Post #8922573

Talking of AC - the old one was fine, but old - DH decided to take advantage of some of the rebates last year as we were staying here as perm residence.
The new one already had motor problems a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't shut off. Of course it has warranty.
It was hot here then I shut it off manually, put it back on this went on all night until repair came.

I think that is why busineses like to hire older people - dependable. HD
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 9, 2011
1:23 PM

Post #8922945

Oh Mittsy, not you too with the a/c heat unit. Thankfully I "slipped" by again with mine but I am sure the day is coming. Good thing it was repaired yesterday as today it is chilly, overcast and on the miserable side.
Qwilter
Fleming Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2011
1:42 PM

Post #8922960

I must remember to switch mine over to "heat" tomorrow. Meant to do that last weekend & forgot.
See it's to be overcast with 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Well, planned to be working inside so that's OK.

psychw2

psychw2
(Pat) Kennewick, WA
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2011
9:42 AM

Post #8923874

Our gas furance has not worked in 9 months. It needs an expensive computer board and we haven't had the money during the times when DH had the physical ability to get it done. Thank goodness for our good gas fireplace. It's been down to 12. We have to augment with space heaters occassionally.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2011
5:21 PM

Post #8924365

It is amazing how we manage.
ladydragon5
Fostoria, OH
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
10:40 AM

Post #8930691

You have been on my mind and in my thoughts this past month, Marion. I know how difficult it is to try and take care of a family member when you don't live in the same town. I really hope my kids don't have to go through that with me.

I lost the wife of the couple who share the condo with me here at the Center right after Thanksgiving. She had a stroke this summer and just seemed to go down hill from here. I will miss her as she was so nice and welcoming when I first moved in.
I sometimes feel that life is definitely "lived from breath to breath" and we never know how many breaths we have. Let us hope that your mother is able to live and die as she would want, in her own time and in her own way.

enjoy the little things about the Holiday; the lights, the kids and being with family.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 15, 2011
11:04 AM

Post #8930720

My sentiments as well Janice..live in the moment..

Sorry about the loss of your friend Janice..

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
12:22 PM

Post #8930788

How nice to hear from you Janice. You have been missed. And you are so right about living for today. I want to laugh as long as I can...
None of us knows what tomorrow will bring so Norm and I are going to spend their inheiritance now!!!!
mittsy
Cicero, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
4:17 AM

Post #8931694

Good one, Barb. Nice to see you posting Janice. My prayer list does seem to get longer and longer as I age.
abbisgranma
(Marion) Havana, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 16, 2011
6:49 AM

Post #8931816

Janice, thank you. You have also been on my mind. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. How are you doing?

Mittsy, so true!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Sewing and Quilting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quilt Block Exchange cont..... Luluguid 76 Dec 22, 2010 6:07 PM
Looking for a Shopping Cart Cover Pattern???? red_princess_71 17 Jan 4, 2010 9:44 AM
Necktie Skirts & Purses SandiTX 4 Oct 7, 2008 3:15 AM
Lascaux.....and brush water melody 27 Feb 29, 2008 7:46 PM
Free Accessory Patterns Yuska 13 Apr 18, 2008 9:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America