Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Growing Poinsettias In Romania: I love Pointsettias

Communities > Forums > Article: Growing Poinsettias In Romania
bookmark
Forum: Article: Growing Poinsettias In RomaniaReplies: 2, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
fwromanian
Perkasie, PA

November 28, 2011
7:04 AM

Post #8908789

Hi Adina,
I've always loved these plants ...it's not Christmas if I don't have a few of them in my house at Christmas time. They're being sold as annuals here, never knew they can be used as perennials...I did manage to keep one till June a few years ago...I was so proud of myself thinking I took really good care of it...meanwhile, you're telling me they're supposed to live on...lol...my husband finally made me throw it away in June, because he said, it's a Christmas plant and it doesn't feel right to have it all year round...lol...what does he know, right?!?

Monica
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

November 28, 2011
7:44 AM

Post #8908842

The Poinsettia growing so big and beautiful out side peoples homes in Miami, Fl was so impressive.

How do they get them in White...or Pink now?? Jo

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

November 28, 2011
8:46 AM

Post #8908915

Monica, he's an American used to have these plants for Christmas, like he said . For us here in Romania it's expensive to buy a bushy plant around Christmas, that's why I need to grow them myself.

Jo, they're making so many varities these days, in so many colors! I know what you mean about those in Florida...this was my first encounter with DG, when searching info about poinsettia...that's when I saw our DG friend's 'weeds' huge poinsettia growing in the garden, under the rain and all! I was so amazed!
Here's an article which may answer to your question about those unusual poinsettia colors :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/1959/

Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Growing Poinsettias In Romania Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good article doccat5 19 Dec 24, 2007 5:04 PM
Poinsettias maiglocke 1 Nov 28, 2011 8:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America