Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Thanksgiving Cactus: Great info!

Communities > Forums > Article: Thanksgiving Cactus
bookmark
Forum: Article: Thanksgiving CactusReplies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sheltiesrule
Berkeley, CA

November 28, 2011
10:06 AM

Post #8908990

Thank you for your wonderful article. I have seven Thanksgiving cacti and they are my favorite houseplants. At this time, two are in bloom and 2 are about to bloom. Most are shades of pink, but one is white. One I'm not sure about, because it has never bloomed...maybe next year? My favorite is over 50 years old and I bought it at an estate sale. The teary-eyed granddaughters made me promise I'd take good care of it---it is a very large plant which blooms profusely 2 or 3 times a year. I live in a mild climate so I often put them outside in the summer. I would love to read more about these fascinating plants and wonder if you could recommend any references?
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 28, 2011
1:49 PM

Post #8909213

Yes, maybe next year will be the magic time for your reluctant bloomer.

Lucky you to have a very old plant. I'm sure the lady's granddaughters would be pleased.

This website was very helpful in preparing my article. It seemed in line with other reputable information resources.

http://cactus.biology.dal.ca/paulS/christmas/christmas.html

Happy holidays.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Thanksgiving Cactus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Holiday Cactus article rubyw 4 Nov 26, 2011 12:13 PM
Thank You trc65 4 Nov 28, 2011 1:43 PM
Holiday Cactus Franne 0 Nov 28, 2011 3:12 AM
Christmas cactus maiglocke 3 Nov 29, 2011 5:01 AM
Christmas cactus gramstwo 1 Nov 28, 2011 1:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America