Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Weather: December Weather - Here Comes Santa

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 137, Views: 568
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 1, 2011
4:19 AM

Post #8912229

December starting with a light covering of snow. Temp dropping into the 20's.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 1, 2011
4:44 AM

Post #8912244

29°/43°/22°
A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. Snow flurries this evening will give way to partly cloudy skies during the night. SSW winds shifting to NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Adina,
No rest for the weary, or, is that the wicked? ROTFL!!
Adorable doggies!!!

Sunkisssed,
You are a beautiful family!!

Rusty,
I had a sore throat for a day. You have my sympathy on your's and your neck. I hope both are better now.

Minnesippi,
Grinning over the snow and dead stops :o)

Pepper,
Grinning over the enthusiasm for snow. I was just telling DH I am not ready for it yet, LOL!

Jeanne,
Working with plants sounds wonderful! I need to go thru seeds to see what garden I'll be putting in next year, and send seeds out to a friend.

Celia,
I'll take the snow over the nasty wind :o(

Thanks for the fresh start Bernie,

It took me a while to get the house back in order and fall back into the routine with the Grandkids, and going to DD's for a day, which I did yesterday. I miss the kids already :o)

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 1, 2011
5:22 AM

Post #8912273

Well it is cold in Flor--ee-da this morning...and I forgot to shut the windows last night... 44.1 at 7AM...58 in the house! Cats in my lap trying to keep warm. Puts me in the mood to put up the tree. Should warm up to 72 today, didn't make it there yesterday...Sunny.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 1, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8912495

The winds weren't as bad at our house. This is just barely North of us. We have winds of 15-20mph now.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top_stories/story/Wind-gusts-of-100-MPH-cripple-commute-knock-power/IjxfgKiMvkaRMGjkdb2wnw.cspx
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 1, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8913033

Temps in high 40s and sunny. Didn't need coat again today. Tomorrow that changes. lol

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8913396

23°/40°/30°
Abundant sunshine. Cloudy with rain developing after midnight. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Sunkissed,
Whooo, I'll bet the house was cold!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY DEAR CELIA! LOVE YOU!

Pepper,
We hung the rest of the lights yesterday but had a bit of a sharp wind. Your day sounds nice!

We have a bit of ice on the back steps this morning so a passover rain must have fallen after dark. I went to bed early, so I never heard a thing!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8913437

Awwwwwww...thanks, Sally!!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 2, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8913461

Oh I heard on the GMA and sure in Southern California got 150 mph windy hit alot of trees and power out 250,000 houses! This is first time in history in Southern California...

I get little bit better but still cough...

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 2, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8913471

Glad you're getting better, Rusty. I hate being sick.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 2, 2011
12:39 PM

Post #8913873

Rusty,
Thanks for the update. I haven't even had time to listen to any news and for once DH doesn't have the TV on.

I hope you get better soon. This is a bad month to get sick. Or get sick now, not later :o)

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 2, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8914207

40s and mostly cloudy. Had some sprinkles a bit ago and more rain on the way. Snow taken out of forcast for here which I'm not happy about!! lol
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 2, 2011
11:54 PM

Post #8914516

We have that cold front heading this way. It's supposed to rain over the next few days, and I didn't get the GH watered yet. Oh well. It's been cool enough maybe they are still damp. I'll try to check on them tomorrow. We may have a freeze next week, so they should be watered before then...

Some family members got the crud so I started the Dayquil to try to head it off at the pass...Had a major migraine a couple of days ago, but feeling better today so had to run errands, pay bills, groceries...you know the routine.

Dearest daughter was able to get a good deal on a laptop for my youngest granddaughter, and the other two are getting cash, so I just have a few things to pick up for the adults. Answered prayer!

It has been decided that we will have Christmas HERE. At least most of the deep cleaning got accomplished for TG, so I just have to vac, dust, and do floors. I hadn't planned to put up a tree, but I guess I will...2 ft or 6 ft...that is the question!

Sorry to hear about all of the storms, wind, lost of power. I can relate, only when we get those situations it's usually 95 deg. outside. I usually don't have to turn on our heat until Jan or Feb, but I've already had it on most of the past week of night and early morning. It's either pay the energy company or the vet for the babies...Energy co. won.

Happy Holidays!
Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 3, 2011
3:34 AM

Post #8914551

40°/48°/33° Rain likely. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall around a half an inch. Cloudy with occasional rain... mainly this evening. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall near a half an inch.

Pepper,
Don't worry, you'll get your snow eventually.

Jeanne,
How many plants do you have in your greenhouse?
I hope you can head off anything that's going around.
The crud. I wonder if it's a new thing or if it was around when I was a kid, under a different name. I am so thankful I don't have migraines and very symathetic for those of you who do. I'm glad you feel better.
Smiling over the good fortune to not have to run all over loking for gifts.
Sometimes a small table-top tree with the gifts piled on the floor look nice. Do you have a low table to bring a small tree just a few feet off the floor?

We get the boys today. I held off to give DD a chance to dose everyone. The twins have ear infection in one ear. That just started.The oldest has a perpetual cough that they insisted he get medicine for. It's been on-going for a year. They kept telling the Dr. that. He also got an asthma type medicine to open up his lungs. The middle boy seems to be healthy this time.

I know we're tired of sick boys!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 3, 2011
3:38 AM

Post #8914552

59° this morning and up to 77 today, should make it back to 80 by Tuesday before next front comes in. We are heading to north FL in our motorhome for a week to Stephen Foster State Park campground, they light the whole park in Christmas lights...It will get down below freezing mid week there...so getting my fuzzy boots out from under the bed and dusting them off. ☺ They will have snow flurries each night...don't laugh the only way I'm gonna see snow.

http://northfloridanow.com/stephen-foster-festival-of-lights-p5047-92.htm

Sorry to hear everyone catching bugs...take lots of vitamins and drink lots...clear liquids...that is. Rest if you can...ha!

Rusty I hadn't heard about CA. I've been busy cleaning and decoration this week and not watching TV. I'll have to look that up...Like Texas gal only time we see winds like that is during the hot months...in fact I've never seen winds like that ...really that is something.

Everyone take care this week...my husband and I don't have the fancy take on the road Internet phones, so won't be able to chat until we get back...remember only 22 more days...☺ he he.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 3, 2011
3:54 AM

Post #8914563

My son went thru numerous ear infections when he was a toddler, and my granddaughter for much of her young life...no fun! Oldest granddaughter had to have tubes put in her ears when she was a toddler...had forgotten about that!

My daughter was allergic to milk from the time she was two yrs til nine yrs. One eight oz. glass would throw her into pneumonia. She ate her cereal with diluted liquid dairy creamer. I even cooked with it. She still has to be careful in the winter mos not to eat ice cream. She still has asthma. She is one of them with the Upper Respiratory Infection. She is coughing up green stuff. They gave her a steroid shot and antibiotics.

In my greenhouse I have 12 small plumeria trees, two mid size plumies, and one very large plumie, several ferns, 5 majesty palms, a bird of paradise, numerous airplane plants, aloe vera, a firecracker fern, wandering jew, think that's most of it...I'll let you know if I forgot anything after I water. I just open the plastic enough to stick the hose in...I can't walk in there or even step in there it is so full. It is an eight by eight gazebo enclosed with industrial strength shower curtains and a canvas cover. It worked a few years ago so hopefully it will this time. I tried it on the patio last year with the tan canvas side covers and plastic, but it did not work. I still ended up covering them up with sheets to add warmth.

I do have a table to put the tree on, so it might end up the smaller one. The last time I put the six footer up it was up for one and half years...I have fibro and no body wanted to help take it down...so it stayed up. After I finally got it down I said, "NO MORE!!!!" The two foot is beginning to sound like the best idea!

I have insomnia...still haven't been to sleep all night...too much sugar before bed I think...my brain just won't shut down. I hope to go try again here shortly. I've already taken pain killers, and benedryl and melatonin...yeah.

I think I'll put on some quiet music...you know they say it calms the beast...

Take care!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 3, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8914595

Sunkissed,
I'm grinning over your traveling to the cold when you temps sound so NICE!!
That sounds like an awesome place!ave a safe trip and a wonderful time!! I'll bet you look cute in your fuzzy boots :o)

I'm done shopping!!! I've not even started wrappping...

Jeanne,
The oldest has tubes, and had his adenoids out a year ago this month. Right after Christmas. He went thru it well and was barely sore after.

Your daughter has my belated sympathy. That's a real tough row to hoe when you are so little. I think that's the Grandson's problem. Always carrying upper respitory.

That's a neat assortment of plants. You just need an over-head sprinkler!

You know, I think I remember the tree being up for that long from another thread. It sounds familiar. I think the little tree sounds just as nice!

If I spend a lot of time on the computer close to bedtime I find all night long I dream about still being on. I try to run the mouse, read and everything. I don't think that's good, so I don't get on at night anymore.

I think the music is a good idea. Nap well :o)

Well, my last thread caught up on...here.

Have a nice day everyone!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 3, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8915051

Well Santas sleigh will be working good. Started snowing about 2 PM. Very fine stuff, so it will probably be around for a long while. Temps only in the 20's for high all next week. Winter is here!

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 3, 2011
4:48 PM

Post #8915310

Winter hasn't reared it's head here enough to make me happy yet. lol.

Highs in the low 50s and rainy all day. Rain has mostly moved off so now just waiting for the cold front that is pummeling Nebraska and Iowa to hit us down here.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 3, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8915417

Finally went to sleep at daybreak this am and slept most of the day, so now I hope I can sleep tonight.

I didn't get to water today, so will try tomorrow. There's 60% chance of rain for tomorrow.

It was a very warm day today and not so cold tonight, but freeze is predicted for Wed am 32 deg.

Stay well everyone!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2011
8:34 PM

Post #8915515

We got a very light dusting of snow last night. It's mostly gone now. Very cold here for the next few nights, in the teens.

24 now and clear skies.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 4, 2011
8:25 AM

Post #8915869

Yesterdays snow.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8915982

Pretty! Are those kitty prints?

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 4, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8916136

Could be with a dozen cats around here. No mice or rabbits!
Another shot.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8916347

All snow chances for the week have now been pushed south of me. Grrrr...

Cold with temps in low 30s and mostly cloudy.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 5, 2011
4:16 AM

Post #8916879

27°/37°/21°
Partly cloudy. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Partly cloudy this evening with more clouds for overnight.

Bernie,
No snow, but the icy wind tells me winter is close.

Jeanne,
Some times you just need all that sleep at once. I hope it broke the insomnia.

Bernie,
Lovely picture, but for some reason I can't get into winter mode. I am not ready. I wonder why?

Pepper,
Cracking up over our "polar'' opposites :o)

I had the boys help put up Christmas decorations yesterday. They love to help :o)
I made refrigerator bread that I can bake from today, and I have more delicate Christmas things to put out. I love the quiet time I have with my snowglobes :o)

Have a beautiful day everyone!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8916971

Cloudy 28°
RealFeel® 13°

Oh so chilly this morning when I took my step-son to work ... Brrrr! I has to take him to work everyday...

Still not get better again as yesterday I was better then get worst coming back again...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 5, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8916987

Rusty,
I hear ya. My cold came back with a slightly sore throat, GRRRR! I'm drinking more tomato juice today. That seemed to kick it some the first time,

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8916998

Sally, I drink warm OJ. That seems to help me. You could switch it up with the tomato juice.

18º this morning. Chances for snow have been pushed south of us, as well. Southern Utah is getting the snow and we get the winds. BUT...we got lucky again and the bad wind is just barely north.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2011
6:37 AM

Post #8917020

[quote="billyporter"]Rusty,
I hear ya. My cold came back with a slightly sore throat, GRRRR! I'm drinking more tomato juice today. That seemed to kick it some the first time,[/quote]

I drink new brand Sunny D Orange Peach and it so taste good yummy!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
6:47 AM

Post #8917027

That does sound yummy!
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2011
6:10 PM

Post #8917830

We like sunny D. I haven't seen the peach. It should be good!

I've never tried warm oj.

I think I did need the sleep all at once. I've been sleeping really well now.

We have a cold front coming thru, Thurs it's supposed to be 30 deg.! Cooooold!!!!!!! It's not going to get much above 55 all week, but then it is December!

We got some more Christmas shopping done today so I am almost half done!
We've decided to put the big tree up this weekend since we are having Christmas here.

We have a mouse or critter in the attic I need to feed decon before we go up
there to get the tree down and the boxes of decorations. I guess we should shake the boxes abit to make sure nothing has taken up residence in the. Altho the kitties might have a field day if they had access to a real mouse!

The pictures of snow looks really pretty.

Sorry to hear of those who are not feeling their best. Hope you get well soon!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
8:36 PM

Post #8918012

I hope it's not a raccoon like in the Allstate commercial. }:-)
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2011
9:12 PM

Post #8918107

No kidding!!!!!!!!!!

I hope it's just a small mouse so that after it eats the decon it can get back out and not die in the wall. We did not know what kind of an animal it was.

That is the most horrible experience EVER. I could not even sleep in here during the two week process of it's decay last year. Everything had to be stripped and washed to get the smell out. YUK! Not pleasant!

We've not had much success with traps. I really do not have the funds to call a professional to get it out.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2011
2:29 AM

Post #8918296

[quote="Texasgal77"]We like sunny D. I haven't seen the peach. It should be good!
[/quote]

It new 1 gallon Sunny D Orange Peach jug...

Currently
Cloudy 25°
RealFeel® 10°

Had chance of flurries early but not much!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/joplin-mo/64801/watches-warnings/329440

This message was edited Dec 6, 2011 4:53 AM

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 6, 2011
3:02 AM

Post #8918303

29°/31°/17°/
Through 10am: Periods of snow or snow showers will continue throughout the next six hours.. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 30%.
We have a few flurries ion the roof now.

Celia,
I never thought about warm OJ. That sounds good!
Awwww, cute little birdie!

Rusty,
YUM. I love the peach flavor!

Jeanne,
I have to laugh at myself. I was tired, but when I went to bed I was awake. Before I laid down, I started counting backwards from 100. I realized I was thinking right past the numbers, but I was getting all the numbers. There's no quieting a busy mind till it decides, I think :o)
Grinning again, DH just told me it will be back in the 40's later this week and I just said the same thing!
Grinning, the kitties would like nothing more than a live mouse, LOL!!

Celia,
I LOVE THOSE ALLSTATE COMMERCIAL!! He had me with the first one in his pink headband!
The Vikings on Capitol One run a close second!

Rusty,
I hope you get over what you have. I hope I get over what I have. I hope we all get better!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 6, 2011
4:54 AM

Post #8918352

Will be sunny today, high of 16º

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
9:21 AM

Post #8918615

The Capital One Vikings are hilarious!!!!! LOL

Cold. 22º and sunny.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2011
5:22 PM

Post #8919219

High around 32 or so and sunny.

Got some snow early this morning but only a dusting. Made the morning commute in the area pretty bad though. Wrecks everywhere!! Lows in the teens.

Went to Crown Center and the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City last night with some friends. Walked around outside even though it was cold and had a great time!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
10:15 PM

Post #8919599

We went to see Blue Man Group tonight. So much fun!

Clear and 18º.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 7, 2011
12:00 AM

Post #8919639

Gee 31 is beginning to sound warm! haha! Thank goodness it is not 1 or 16! The last time it got down to 16 pipes all over town busted...that was about 1989!

Went out today. It was 44 and that seemed cold. Picked up a few more things for my youngest granddaughter.

Dearest daughter is still sick with that upper respiratory infection. She sounds really bad. Please keep her in your prayers. She is seeing a Dr. and taking all of her meds.

Went out while ago and tried to clip the top canvas cover of the gazebo to the plastic. Covered most of the plants in there with sheets. Checked the temp when I got back in...instead of being warmer it was one degree colder in there. Oh well. Hopefully they'll be ok. I may try to find some bubble wrap to insulate it with.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Jeanne

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 7, 2011
12:49 AM

Post #8919653

Clear 20° RealFeel® 20°

So chilly yesterday and It got me my joint hips (both) while I was home and trying to get out of my van oh got me real bad again!

Right now I just woke up too early for me but my dogs need go out... my house is so cold and I turn on the central heater...

I hope it will be little bit warm around 40's but I just hate go Dr. appt for blood test (see how level percent!) today!

Stay warm!

This message was edited Dec 7, 2011 2:57 AM
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 7, 2011
8:52 AM

Post #8919977

18* now. High of 22* today at some point...yuk!

1 kitten gone, 3 to go. Norma was picked up Monday night. Might have homes for 2 more by the end of the week. Waiting for a call back. Think I will give them the "twins" (Norm & Two-Two).

Mom is doing fine now after her amnesia episode. That was CRAZY!

Staying indoors as much as possible - I hate the cold. Im still out in it several times a day - I'm a smoker and only smoke outside...so I get all "Ralphie-d" up when I go out.

Lost the post when we went to December - all caught up now I think. :/

Hope everyone is feeling better. More contact with germs because it is cold out and people stay in more. Hand sanitizer and wipes - wipe your cart/buggie/basket handles at the stores, door handles, light switches, keyboards, sink handles and steering wheel. Those are a few of the "high contact" areas.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8920686

Lows last night around 9 degrees and highs today around 40 and sunny. Did errands without a coat. lol
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 7, 2011
10:27 PM

Post #8921019

Good to hear from everyone! We are OK. Had to do household chores today but did get out to water as it is supposed to be 29 for several hours during the night.

It is supposed to warm up next week! Yeah!!!!!

I know about the hip hurting...yuk!

Glad you are able to find homes for the kittens, Minn.

Lucky you Pepper...no coat. Is it that warm or are you very brave?

More errands to run tomorrow. Youngest granddaughter will be here for the weekend. I forgot I need to hide things! OOps!

Have a great weekend everyone! Stay warm!

Jeanne

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 8, 2011
2:30 AM

Post #8921078

Clear 27° RealFeel® 21°

I heard on the news last night and near new Walmart that got sinkhole with gas pipes goes and block the street Rex St. between 17th and 20th...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 8, 2011
5:33 PM

Post #8922007

Highs around 40 and sunny til late afternoon. Then the cold front had moved thru and we could feel the threat of snow. But alas once again Mother Nature decided to laugh at me and kept the snow all up north.

TexasGal, it's a bit of both. With it being winter time now, 40 is pretty warm. 45 is almost hot this time of the year. lol. Normally I take a coat with me to have on hand just in case something happens but I forgot it and the temps didn't bother me so it worked out.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 8, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8922044

high of 13 tomorrow...I cant wait :/
that should be the lowest high we have - Sat it's supposed to "warm up" with snow headed in on Monday.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 9, 2011
2:38 AM

Post #8922315

Clear 25° RealFeel® 31°

Yesterday, it was nice day 42*...

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 9, 2011
5:59 AM

Post #8922397

4* right now...yep FOUR! Should we go golfing? :) High of 13* on deck today...

I love MN in the winter...(ROFL!!!)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2011
6:06 AM

Post #8922404

You have us beat. 18º this morning with clear skies.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 9, 2011
11:26 AM

Post #8922766

You can cuddle at 4º.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 9, 2011
4:51 PM

Post #8923185

Lows in the 20s and we reached mid 30s and sunny for a high. Not bad out at all. Only gonna get better next week with temps in the 40s. It better snow for Christmas!! I don't like not having snow!! lol
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2011
8:52 PM

Post #8923416

Are you kidding...4 deg? I would be froze solid. It was 48 deg this am. It was damp and chilli. Scattered showers.

I think it's going to warm up again, which is fine with me!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 10, 2011
1:00 AM

Post #8923496

Fog 23° RealFeel® 29°

I check it for fog! So, it's no fog yet...

Next week, I get warm week around 50s...

I just got better for 2 days now... (I find out to check the air filter for central heater that make me coughs alot.)...

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 10, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8923698

13° Overcast Windchill: -1

I'm passing this on because it worked for me today. A doctor on TV said that to have inner peace we should always finish things we start and that we all could use more calm in our lives. I looked around my house to find things I'd started and hadn't finished. So I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiuminun prscriptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. An telum u luvum.

:D
S.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
6:43 AM

Post #8923703

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 10, 2011
6:48 AM

Post #8923706

Nice cold south wind today. Looking for 20's, with wind won't matter. it still d*** cold!
shortleaf
suburban K.C., MO
(Zone 6a)

December 10, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8924229

Haha! But, for anybody out there that wants inner piss, I don't think your supposed to mix booze with prescription drugs or you could die! That is funny tho, quite the amount of stuff there!
Yes, d*** cold here too!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2011
4:03 AM

Post #8924686

Clear 29°
RealFeel® 25°

Today will be around 52*... Getting warming down here!

I just look at the moon last night but not good to take picture of it...
Here's the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/lunar-eclipses-1323283069-slideshow/

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 11, 2011
8:01 AM

Post #8924883

The moon was BEAUTIFUL!! Was it a bit orange there too? It was here. I love an orange moon. Didnt know there was an eclipse until I watched the 10pm news.

Im still waiting for my "inner piss" to hit. Day 4 of a migraine. :(

Supposed to be 40* today!!! WOO HOO HEAT WAVE!! Its 32* now. Melt snow, melt!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8925065

36°/36°/27°
Sun and clouds mixed. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Catching up!

The boys go home later. I made a tent for them and they are happy :o)

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 11, 2011
2:44 PM

Post #8925402

The temp might say 40º, but with that 20MPH south wind it's d*** cold!

We need 10º with sun, then you don't expect nice!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8925531

Temps in upper 40s and sunny. Gonna be nice all week temp wise but rain for 3 days. We need the rain so bring it on!!

I've given up on snow. Took my Let it Snow pin off and put a Christmas Tree on instead. lol.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 11, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8925676

Latest kitchen project done. More pictures here, on end of thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/925765/

This message was edited Dec 11, 2011 10:07 PM

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 11, 2011
9:27 PM

Post #8925743

Haha Minn! LOL!

Tents always do the trick!

It has warmed up here. It was beautiful today!

Jeanne

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2011
3:44 AM

Post #8925836

Cloudy 41°
RealFeel® 39°

Around 50*... But will be raining 50% tonight and Tuesday & Wednesday will be raining all day 80%...

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 12, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8925875

What's wrong with the weather ?
37º with gray clouds.
Supposed to be in 30's most of the week.
We are getting cheated out of winter.

A year ago today, 17" of snow & the Metradome roof collapsed from weight of snow. Dome was closed until August for installation of new roof.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 12, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8925951

THey have roller dome going on (yesterday and) tonight. You can get a free piece of the roof..(woohoo, right?)

40* Hazy, drizzly and I had to follow a trooper half way to work :(

Some snow would be nice to cover all the icky - but the cold weather can stay gone.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2011
7:48 AM

Post #8926057

We have high pressure sitting on top of us, too. Warmer weather, no precipitation, yucky air. We might get something on Thursday but it doesn't look likely.

25º and cloudy.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 12, 2011
9:41 AM

Post #8926255

Did we figure this out before and I missed it? If not - I know how to make the ° symbol from the keyboard...

Hold down the 'alt' key while typing 248 (167 works too)
°°° º º º
when you release the 'alt' key, it shows up :)

Now, the trick for me will be to remember that ♫♪§⌂░º▲↔↨☼

Fun with the keyboard

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 12, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8926334

I made a sheet with all of them on it.
Railroad tracks are fun. ╣ ╔ 179 to 216
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 12, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8926347

I think I have the same sheet :)

Ö ♪♫♥
Rene10
Wauchula, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2011
11:25 AM

Post #8926376

Balmy weather here, windows open, temp 78 partly cloudy, forecast- warm for the rest of the week.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 12, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8926861

I'm with you there Bernie!! I am feeling cheated also. All the snow and alot of the rain has been going north and south of me.

High of 45 and cloudy all day.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 13, 2011
4:09 AM

Post #8927430

Showers 42°
RealFeel® 32°

Stilling raining but no ice yet!

As yesterday, someone park in my driveway then cop pull up in my driveway that I told cop "you park in my driveway!" then another cop told me to move my van out of the way! Well, why cop park in my driveway that is so wrong... So, cop giving someone a ticket! Oh not me! phew! So, why cop know better not park in my driveway when I get home! Gee!

Today
rain Rain in the morning...then a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs around 50. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
Tonight
Breezy...cloudy. Chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening...then showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening increasing to south 15 to 25 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 70 percent.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2011 6:12 AM

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2011
1:46 PM

Post #8928138

Through 7pm: A period of rain showers between 3pm and 5pm. Cloudy with temperatures steady or falling to near 36F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90%. We are just on the edge of rain and I just went out and got the mail. Now I have my jammie pants on.

Rusty,
How nice to tell you to get out of your own driveway! I'm glad they didn't write you up for obstructing justice, LOL!

Last night our power went out for three hours. Today our internet was off all morning. I wrapped more gifts, read a few flower catalogs and shouted with delight when I realized we were back online. I already had the floors vacumed and mopped, laundry and dishes caught up yesterday. There wasn't much to do, LOL!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8928240

Snow! Not much but enough to clear out the air some.

Temp has been hanging around 33º all day.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 13, 2011
4:46 PM

Post #8928365

Rain all day and temps reached around 45.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2011
3:09 AM

Post #8928884

42°/51°/38°
Rain. Thunder possible. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall may reach one inch.
It started raining yesterday and is still raining now. The map shows rain all day. I'll take it!

The boys gave me a cold. Arrrrgggghhh! I've had something since Thanksgiving! I'm drinking my tomato juice. I even got up last night for a glassful, LOL!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 14, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8928925

77°/59° mostly sunny...

Well I'm back from my northern camping trip in North FL. It was hot there the first three days (we were in shorts and flip flops), then a cold front and dipped to upper 30's one night, but steadily climbed back up. Had fun walking around and looking at all the lights, especially watching the laughing children playing in fake snow and riding in horse drawn sleigh singing Jingle bells. Didn't get to wear my fuzzy boots...just didn't get cold enough. Luckily no rain, just a misty day on Wed. when the cold front came through, but once we got home on Sunday night it rained ever since off and on...so guess we lucked out.

I had some catching up to do and have to laugh at ya all thinking 30's is warm and being cheated out of winter...but know the feeling...it is to be in the upper 70's here all the way until Christmas and I have lots of cookies to bake...just hard to do when it is so warm outside...but we are doing a homemade Christmas this year and everyone wants cookies and some salsas and pepper jellies...so I'm gonna be busy sweating in the kitchen for the next week...ugh!

Oh Country Gardens...thanks for snow pictures and your kitchen looks wonderful...how I'd love to have new cabinets...my kitchen is wonderfully decorated in early 80's...ha ha.

A picture of lights at Stephen Foster Culture Center in White Springs, FL

Thumbnail by sunkissed

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 14, 2011
5:07 AM

Post #8928959

We had rain all night. Kind of a drizzle, but we will take anything.
35º with light rain.

Check out my web site, the white cabinets is our kitchen.
www.berniescabinets.com

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
9:14 AM

Post #8929243

That's some great work you do, Bernie. Love it!

Cold, dreary, overcast. Again. 33º
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 14, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8929625

Rain...rain...rain...if it were snow, it would be Halloween 1991 all over again. (16" that night and we still went to school the next day) 36°

My kitchen is a 'beautiful' 1976 yellow faux marble Formica with dark brown cabinets :( Some day...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2011
5:12 PM

Post #8929833

Rain all day with temps in low 60s. I much rather have snow. lol

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 14, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8929843

We've redid a lot of those 70's cabinets. Some have good cabinet bodies & very poor doors & drawers. We replace the doors & make new drawers with up to date hardware. Look real nice when done & only a fraction of the cost.

Rain has ended here for now. It was raining hard in Mankato. We sure needed it. Someone above is taking care of us!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 14, 2011
6:10 PM

Post #8929895

hope the ground soaks up the rain before it freezes too hard...needs to soak in.

Our cabinets are shot all around...We've redone the floor and gotten new appliances, but that's as far as we have gotten. Made repairs to drawers - no hardware to worry about. More drawers to fix. Yet another project on the long list. Bathroom vanity needs to be done too. On top of it - multiply everything times 2...we own a side by side duplex. At least with the rental, we can write everything off. :) So fix up that side, then move over there and fix up this side. 100% write off that way :) Right?
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2011
10:04 PM

Post #8930181

Warm with rain forcast for all of this week and next! We sure can use it. I'm almost done shopping. I can turn the A/C on while I put the tree up and clean!
No complaints here!

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
4:08 AM

Post #8930277

41°/38°/35°
Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.

Sunkissed,
Laughing, having grown up with snowy Christmas's I don't think I could handle a warm one. Certain cloudy days bring making cut out sugar cookies to mind. You are going to be very busy in the kitchen, but neat idea and everyone will love their gift! Next year you will be on guard and can make it all earlier.

I'm glad your camping trip was a good one!

LOVE the green tree!

Bernie,
I love your kitchen is beautiful! Your work is just beautiful!

Pepper,
One of these days you are going to get your wish. It's funny tho. We often have no snow for Christmas, which makes the lights we hang look out of place.

Minnesippi,
We won't even discuss my kitchen!
I love duples houses! We have one in town and I was in it when a friend was babysitting there. I was fascinated with all the rooms!

Jeanne,
Grinning over the AC as you do Christmas :o)

I went to DD's yesterday and sneezed and blew my nose past the kids on my lap. If they don't get my cold I'll be suprised, even tho they all gave it to me first.

And it rained all day. We even had thunder once. DH said our power went off again, but not as long, and the internet came back on.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8931220

Cold again!! Temps never got out of the 30s. Was sunny though.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
2:35 AM

Post #8931661

24°/35°/27°
Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Time Until Sunrise: 3 hrs 10 min

One last shopping trip. We're done...and this time we mean it...

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8932007

LOL Yahuh "...and this time we mean it..." I always mean it and, then, Christmas Eve rolls around and we're back out getting SOMEthing.

Overcast. I don't know the temps because the batteries died in the station. If I can remember how to get the housing off, I'll change them. I'd say it's probably around 25º.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 16, 2011
9:51 AM

Post #8932027

I dont know either. low 30's maybe. Im home with the little guy today. He puked in his sleep, 3 times last night. Who does that? And stays asleep?
Stuck on pinterest.com getting way too many ideas for stuff I dont have time to do. but found a VERY cute idea for straw bale gardening...
(Picture was acquired from pinterest.com - I dont know who to give credit to)

Thumbnail by minnesippi

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 16, 2011
9:52 AM

Post #8932028

Hey, guys! I'm finally catching up...Very warm in our country for this time of year, but raining.

Adina

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
10:02 AM

Post #8932033

You just did, Minne. Cute pic!

Adina!!! We sure do miss you when you're gone!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 16, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8932544

Love that little cart!! I might have to see if I can get one of our old full sized carts at work and turn it into a garden. lol

Cold, temps never got out of 30s. Sunny though.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 16, 2011
8:39 PM

Post #8932720

I was in Mankato this late afternoon. Snowing like crazy. I had a though time getting. They got about ½". Tied up traffic bad. Mankato has a lot of hills!
Got home, only a couple flakes.
36º for a high tomorrow, 52º on Sunday. Love it!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 17, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8932981

Mother Nature must be baking this morning, there is a very light coating of powdered sugar all over the place :)

Current 25 High 34 (the degree thing doesnt work on my laptop :? )

Lots of cleaning to do today. DM & DF's 45th wedding anniversary today. (not that they have anything to do with each other)

Have a good day
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8933551

Highs in the 40s and sunny. All in all a mild day.

The snow promised for Tues is now going up north again and we will get all rain unless the cold front is stronger than the warm front and pushes it back down.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8934024

26°/48°/34°
Sunny to partly cloudy. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Good morning everyone! The boys have been waking up early, wanting on the computer to play their game. Don't we all? LOL! Last night we took them to see "Arthur's Christmas." A very good movie.When the reindeer fly, you feel a magic lost. It was the best part of the movie for me.

Celia,
Your little girl is getting to the fun age to buy games for :o)
Tell Crystal I hope her job is going well, but I miss her posting.

Minnesippi,
Poor little guy! I hope he's better now.
Oh, that is cute! Shopping carts should be a woman's best friend, LOL!

Adina,
I can imagine how busy you are right now. Good to see you!

Pepper,
Huge grin over the full sized cart! Then, push it into the garage for winter, LOL!!

Bernie,
I don't see in our forcast so I suppose it will snow here after we take down Christmas lights :o(

Minnesippi,
Happy Anniversary to them!
Happy cleaning to you, snicker :o)

Pepper,
Maybe snow Tuesday for us. 70% Woo Hoo!!
But then it warms up...

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8934168

The "Sugar Dusting" caused 58 accidents Friday night in Mankato. Only was official ½".
Sunny today 27º at 9 AM.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 18, 2011
11:21 AM

Post #8934400

Beautiful day - mid 40's right now I think.
Up @ 5 from a kitten throwing up :( He's fine, but I've been up since then. We started a puzzle last night for family night. I was TOLD to stop at 11:17 last night...literally pulled away. Guess what I have been working on since 5:15 this morning?? :)
First, coffee, then to figure out why the kitchen outlets didnt work on the south wall only, but the lights did. Reset all the GFI's in the house and on the breaker box, unplugged the 2nd coffee pot (for cocoa water for the kids) and VWA-LAA - coffee brewing (thank the Lord!) Laundry loads every 40 minutes or so and I finished the puzzle about 20 minutes ago. Both kids helped a bit today with it - so I didnt get in trouble for doing it all myself :) Hubby watching the Vikings game, working on DD's Zune.
3 more loads, maybe 4. Got everything vacuumed yesterday (then someone decided to brush the dogs...really?), floors washed in the kitchen & living room, bins of christmas stuff put in the garage to get them out of the way, baseboards, appliances all cleaned, kitchen dusted, catboxes cleaned. Cleaned the kids' tub 5 or 6 times - one of the kittens is using it :( :P~ Better that than my bed though. Hope that has stopped for good.

WHO WANTS A KITTEN?!?!? UGH! Time to put an ad up at all the local vets. Petfinder classifieds isnt working and I think if I post it one more time on FB I will lose all my friends :)

Need to get some wrapping done pretty quick here or I will end up doing it 15 minutes before everything is unwrapped! Maybe I just put bows on shopping bags? ;)

I am SO ready for spring! 6 more months to go... :/
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2011
4:32 PM

Post #8934728

Highs in the mid 50s and sunny off and on. Winds picked up a bit this afternoon making it feel colder.

Well, the Kansas City Chiefs pulled of a miracle today. They beat the undefeated Green Bay Packers 19-14. I'm in total shock. My sister told me the score and I thought she meant the Chiefs lost. I was expecting them to lose!!! lol.

Still gonna be mostly rain on Tues but now they are saying we could get a mix. Just let it snow people!! LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2011
6:22 PM

Post #8934808

Sally, I will well Crystal next time I talk to her what you said. Her subscription ran out so she can't post here. She still looks at some of the other stuff, though.

Aurora is getting so big. I will get a recent pic of her(it'll have to be a cell pic) and post it for everyone to see. I got to talk to her on the phone a few days ago. She actually TALKED(babbled) to me. I miss them both badly. They won't be able to come visit again until after the New Year.

Minne, we vacuum and then all 3 cats decide it's time to groom. I echo what you said...Really? We don't bother wrapping anything anymore. Gift bags and bows.

Cold, 27º.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 19, 2011
12:28 PM

Post #8935730

Me too, Celia! We're both in the same boat, so to speak!LOL I only get to see Nicholas online, but he also is so cute and babbling! I have some pics if you want to see also some videos from St Nicholas Day last week :

https://picasaweb.google.com/104386080983966169167/StNicholasDay?authkey=Gv1sRgCNqNxM3nv66UggE#

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8936218

Temps in mid 30s with a steady rain all day. Could turn into a mix sometime tomorrow.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

December 19, 2011
7:42 PM

Post #8936339

This is my kind of discussion.

Here on the Big Island of Hawaii we have a Flash Flood Watch until tomorrow morning, increasing winds and almost continuous moderate to heavy rain. Grey skies forecast through Wednesday. However it is 65 - 70f. This has been the pattern for the past three or four months we just an occassional day of warm sun.
Winter weather advisory on the top of Mauna Kea above 10,000ft. Road to summit was closed above 9000ft due to icing this morning.
So Far this year we have had about 120 inches of rain in our area of Glenwood.

Mike

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
8:29 PM

Post #8936422

Welcome, Mike. I'm assuming that's unusual for you? Dang that's pretty cold for HA.

Bernie, I went through your website and your work is as good as ever. Very envious of those who live near you/

Cold, foggy. 28º
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2011
2:01 PM

Post #8937133

Sunshine all day today! Only in the low 20's though.

We may get a dusting of snow late the 24th and over night...and thats a pretty big might.
Guess it will be a brown Christmas. Last one was in '06 and '00 before that. Looking like a 5 or 6 year pattern, huh?

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2011
5:01 PM

Post #8937305

Oh boy, Tonight might have Chance of Snow...

Look alike going to be sleet on Friday (Mixed rain/snow)...

Tonight
Chance of Snow 32 °F
Chance of Snow
40% chance of precipitation
Tomorrow
Partly Cloudy 45 °F
Partly Cloudy
Tomorrow Night
Partly Cloudy 31 °F
Partly Cloudy
Thursday
Partly Cloudy 49 | 29 °F
Partly Cloudy
Friday
Chance of Snow 36 | 23 °F
Chance of Snow
20% chance of precipitation

Read more - http://w.po.st/share/entry/redir?publisherKey=underground&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wunderground.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Ffindweather%2FhdfForecast%3Fquery%3DJoplin%252C%2Bmo%2B64801&title=Weather%20Forecast%20-%20Joplin%2C%20MO%20-%20Local%20%26%20Long%20Range%20%7C%20Wunderground&sharer=copypaste
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8937310

Rusty, I'll take your snow!!! LOL!!

Cold and drizzly today. Temps stayed in low to mid 30s all day. Roads aren't too bad. Snow went north and west of me. Next chance of snow on Friday.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

December 20, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8937408

No Kwanjin, those temperatures and normal for our 2200 foot level on the Big Island, 70s is normal, 80's we consider hot.

Today was just great, a bit cloudy but some sun and a slight breeze. At 4.20pm its 70f. Forecast says breezier tomorrow but should be back to a night and morning showers tradewind pattern with a drying trend during the day.

Mike

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2011
8:17 PM

Post #8937681

Mike, sorry about the mix-up. I meant the rainfall amounts.

We might finally get some of our own snow tomorrow by evening time.

25º now and foggy. Again. Still.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2011
2:33 AM

Post #8937858

Hey there Mike and welcome...nice to get a weather report from HI. 120 inches of rain...wowie!

Minnie, I'm always wrapping on Christmas eve, just to watch them ripped open less than a few hours. Stores should just give pretty Christmas looking bags with your purchases, then we wouldn't have to wrap anything, just hand the bag over...lol. Do you still have the last kitten?

Adina, Nicholas is adorable...I checked out your picasa pics, lovely family. I love the St. Nicholas Day decorations in the pictures. My youngest son, age 20 is named Nicholas. He goes by Nick.

Well no snow here...I'm baking cookies today, made all the dough yesterday, got on my tank top, shorts and flip flops...LOL. 60° this morning, that is warmed up from mid 50's the past five mornings. Gonna climb 80 today and should be the pattern until Christmas eve. A wee bit cooler on Christmas day, only up to 76. ☺

Since I probably won't get back on here again before the big day...I wish all my weather friends a very Merry Christmas...and SNOW! ☺

Sherri

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8937895

We may get a white Christmas after all. It's forecast for this aftrernoon and is supposed to get above 30º until after The Day.

28º. It's 3 degrees warmer at 5:30am than last evening. Huh...

This message was edited Dec 21, 2011 11:18 AM

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8937946

White Christmas, don't need it!
Millions of people traveling. Look what happened in SW US.

One year I was working on a farm 5 miles from our home. Blizzard came up Christmas Eve day. I didn't get home until the 26th. Really sucks when you have 3 children at home & can't enjoy Christmas with them!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2011
6:01 AM

Post #8937976

Sherri - we have 2 kittens left. "Norm" and "Two-Two". TRYING to have them gone before the new year.
Managed to get everything - yes EVERYTHING - wrapped last night. DH took the kids on a "mission" to the store for my gift and I wrapped like a banshee. Got everything ready and after they left, I couldnt find my tape dispenser...so I got out the tape strips and fought with that thing the whole time. Why is it that when your hands are full, trying to hold the wrapping paper on without sending the gift flying across the table because it is a weird shape, you pull a piece of tape from the thing and it doesnt pull up another. Good grief.

A little warmer today - mid 20's - still no snow in the forecast. My driveway and snow blower are thanking me. Not sure the driveway can handle another winter - (adding to project list for next season I guess). If I could get away with it, I would just leave it all class 5 - unfortunately, that wont work.

Merry Christmas to those who are "leaving us" until after the holiday. :)

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

December 21, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8938258

Heavy rain showers this morning with sun trying to push through the overcast at times.

The rainfall totals are normal for us. The last few years have been dry with less than 100 inches a year. Our historical average is 200 inches a year but we have not seen those totals in the 20 years we have lived here. We are in a rainforest area and one of the wettest in the islands. There is a spot on Kauai that is much wetter. We have bright green moss glowing through the forest and streams rush through in times of heavest rains and then dry up after three or four days. We are at the 220 ft level.The tradewinds blow the clouds against the sides of the mountain just below us at about the 2000ft so it is a little wetter there. It is neat to watch the clouds drift up the driveway when conditions are right.
We REALLY appreciate sunny days when we get them. Rubber boots and jeans are the clothing of choice, not shorts and slippers as is the vision of Hawaii. We have to drive 50 miles to find a black sand beach and sunshine.
This photo was taken a few weeks ago. It looked just like this again last Monday.
Mike

Thumbnail by microb

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

December 21, 2011
10:53 AM

Post #8938262

Or like this

Thumbnail by microb

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

December 21, 2011
10:56 AM

Post #8938270

Last one. Will just do weather up dates in the future. Maybe I'll post a pic if the sun ever shines again.
Mike

Thumbnail by microb

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
11:09 AM

Post #8938280

Thanks for posting those. We don't get to see the tropical areas of the world often.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 21, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8938571

Happy Birthday Rusty!
Have a great Day!
Bernie

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8938665

I missed that. Thanks, Bernie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RUSTY!!!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2011
6:35 PM

Post #8938670

Happy Birthday Rusty!!!

Warmer with temps in the mid 40s today.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
6:36 PM

Post #8938674

Lucky you! I wish fro 40º... sigh...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2011
6:39 PM

Post #8938676

I wish for snow which is once agian out of the forcast. Grrr... lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8938677

We were supposed to have snow today but all I saw were a few tiny frost flakes falling this morning. Hrumph! I want my white Christmas and then back to 80º, thank you very much.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2011
6:42 PM

Post #8938678

LOL. I would have to break out my shorts if we got that hot. My shorts are put up somewhere and I really don't want to dig them out!! LOL. Just fly to Hawaii for a few days. LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
6:43 PM

Post #8938679

That's too far. My arms would get tired. Maybe I'll settle for San Diego, or somewhere.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2011
9:21 PM

Post #8938936

It's been warm here. It is supposed to rain tonight, then cooler temps.

I really wish we could have a fire in the fireplace Sat. Maybe if we do get rain everyday until then. Grocery shopping left to do...cleaning... wrapping is done!

We are having gumbo Sat/Sun so have to go get ingredients tomorrow. Will do kitchen floor tomorrow night...vac / dust Friday.

Still haven't put the tree up...may have to buy one already decorated. They sell them with lights already on them...???????? Why not decorated!

Merry Christmas One and All,
Jeanne

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2011
2:14 AM

Post #8939023

Thanks!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8939175

High of 26° in the forecast today.
We got a dusting of snow yesterday afternoon. Not even a ¼ inch - but oh man for the traffic accidents! Over the Hudson (WI) River Bridge, there were 5 - on the bridge. 3 EB & 2 WB. WHY WHY WHY and HOW do people who live in the north FORGET what snow does to the roads, what freezing temperatures do to the roads...We live in it 6-8 months out of the year. smh.
Well, that will be our snowfall for Christmas...no more in the forecast and temps in the mid to high 30's for this weekend. I may get a few cans of white spray paint and hit the yard :)

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2011
1:16 AM

Post #8940162

Cloudy 30° RealFeel® 21°

No snow and no raining either!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2011
12:03 PM

Post #8940670

Sunny, no wind, 32º.

Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning...Spring cleaning is more what it feels like. LOL
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2011
4:45 PM

Post #8940942

34 and sunny with early afternoon snow! Snowed for maybe an hour. Not quite enough to cover the grass, but enough to cause 52 accidents including a jack-knifed semi right up the street. 11" below average for snow fall this season. I foresee a high water bill this spring.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8940960

Sunny with temps in low to mid 30s for high. The sun was very bright today!!!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

December 23, 2011
10:55 PM

Post #8941205

Still raining, really heavy showers in Hilo when I left the office. More showers expected this weekend.
So far 27 inches of rain this month, 149 inches for the year.
Happy Holidays everyone.
Mike

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2011
4:39 AM

Post #8941288

Clear 22°
RealFeel® 15°

frost ice on my deck very slippery...

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2011
6:23 AM

Post #8941359

This thread is now CLOSED!

Go to Christmas thread;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1234663/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America