Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Poultry and Livestock: Game Cam 2

Communities > Forums > Poultry and Livestock
bookmark
Forum: Poultry and LivestockReplies: 18, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

December 1, 2011
9:01 PM

Post #8913294

awesome new videos from Dec 1
Bobcat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-omjjpWNV4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHYnZGywkMA

New predator a Gray Fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk_Ksn7lDiM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFH6pSm5q9s

Red Fox came for a few video as well as all the racoons. Surprisingly no coyotes. Have been having night at freezing or below. 25 last night brrrrrrrrrr

I was reading up on Gray Fox and they can climb tree to escape danger. The claws retract a little like a cats
porkpal
Richmond, TX

December 1, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8913320

Beautiful animals! Thank you for letting us see them.
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 2, 2011
9:16 AM

Post #8913676

Awesome catches on video!
ZZsBabiez
Lodi, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2011
12:18 PM

Post #8913841

I really enjoy watching these! Thankz for posting them Donna.
titaniumRX8
Mint Hill, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 2, 2011
5:48 PM

Post #8914285

BTW DonnaB - You must be doing well after your surgery if you are up to posting videos for us! Hope your recovery continues to go well.
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

December 2, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8914459

I'm doing o.k. Hubbie still doing everything for me(cooking, laundry, tending my animals etc.) He was off work Friday for the holiday and he took off Monday and Tuesday all day and only worked half Wed thru Friday. He has tons of vacation days. I am up and down all day not doing much. Walk around the yard a little, if you can call walking the length of 2 football fields a little to go check the mail and back lol. Only on puter a few minutes a day. Hubbie tending the game cam too. He likes to see what we find. He took the big mirror out of guest roon and stood it up by the living room wall so I can lay down on the couch and watch tv since sitting to long causes me a lot of low back pain and I can't recline and watch tv because I would have to bend my head to my chest. Kind of hard to do with a slit throat and a bunch of hardware in there. Pretty board but getting better. No neck/throat pain from surgery but back of the neck muscle pain that run down the underside of left shoulder blade feeling like getting stabbed with huge knife is my biggest complaint. No pain meds since wednesday. I don't need them and I don't like feeling queasy all day long
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

December 2, 2011
10:29 PM

Post #8914492

So proud of you DonnaB, I'm sure none of this has been easy. Hopefully the worst is over. Thanks for keeping us up to speed on your progress.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 4, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8916062

Glad you are on the mend.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2011
2:33 PM

Post #8916216

You are such a good friend to be thinking of us ,Donna, while you mend! You know how much we really loe these videos. Im having a fit right now cause I cant open them on my home computer( dial -up) Ugh!!! I cant wait to get to my office early in the morning to see!!!!!
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2011
8:03 AM

Post #8917118

Eufaula please be sure to post us some pics

Thank you all. I am improving but the feeling of swallowing a lump in your throat is very annoying lol. I took the butterfly strips off last night and scar should not be bad at all. At least I am not in any real pain. I will be allowed to drive on the 10th not that I go anywhere very often as it is. I will see the Dr again on the 20th and get CT Scan a few days before. I am not having the pain/numbness in my hands and arms(worst when driving) but I also have not been doing anything. Hope it makes no difference when I get back to my normal life. Smoking is at a minimum and not really bothering me. 1 full cigarette first thing in morning with my coffee and then just a few puffs 3 or 4 times a day. Probably 3 or 4 a day total which is fantastic for me given I was a 1 1/2 to 2 pack a day smoker. I believe hubbie is smoking more when at work but we only go outside and smoke together when he is home. Smoking outside helps you cut back too especially when it is freezing outside lol. makes you think do you really want that cigarette
Light_for_Jesus

(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8917136

We've had a little snow this morning.
green04735
Bridgewater, ME

December 5, 2011
11:28 AM

Post #8917323

WAY TO GO EUFAULA!! So glad you are getting better,I have that problem with my hands when I drive,not as bad since I started going to the chyroprator,I have bad neck problems.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 6, 2011
10:58 AM

Post #8918713

Awesome videos donna!!!!! I tried to like and subscribe, but i keep getting network errors from youtube? :(
Great to hear about your smoking, i keep cutting back and yet i never seem to quit. :( i think it's as bad a heroine ( though i have no idea, and i'm sure heroine addicts would disagree...and i've never stolen or sold anything including myself for a cigarette...ok. It's totally different.)
Hope you are feeling better. Speedy recovery wishes.

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2011
5:06 AM

Post #8919733

Loved the videos Donna!! Its so hard to see these gorgeous animals and realize that they are natural predators! Just knowing they are all around us its a miracle that any of us have any Chickens left! LOL! good animal management is the key... I just have to keep trying to find the right key though! Please keep us up to date on your videos!!! Im praying that you are still recovering and not over doing. E.
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2011
8:33 AM

Post #8919962

OLH81 welcome to the chicken forums. You will find great info here. If you have problems refer to the Sticky at the top of the forum. Invaluable information right at the click of your mouse.
I feel the same way about cigarette addiction. For me it is really bad. I have never managed to stay quit simply because I don't want to quit, not even after the cancer diagnosis in May!!!!

Eufaula I can't wait to see what you find on your game cam. It takes awhile sometimes to get some good pics and you may have to keep moving it every few weeks. Generally frequent predators take the same route coming and going from what I have seen in my videos

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

December 7, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8920078

Wow. I am sorry to hear about the cancer. I hope that is what you are recovering from and my prayers are with you.
I always say "i want to WANT TO quit" lol but it's crazy how hard it is. I think i had an easier time of putting down the bottle.
I really can't believe how much there is to chickens!!! We just got two calfs and i think they are easier to care for than chickens will be. I think they have as many types of houses as people do! I can't decide which route is best for us or if it will pay off to raise them for meat and eggs or not. But it's better i weigh it out before i build a mega mansion coop!!! :)
Now, is this camera outside your coop? Do you hunt as well or is this just predator patrol?

Eufaula

Eufaula
Eatonton, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2011
12:04 PM

Post #8920204

oops!! mis- communication here!! I dont have a camera, just wish I had! Waaaah!!
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 8, 2011
9:21 AM

Post #8921392

DonnaB, that gray fox is gorgeous. Fur nice and fluffy, alway a good sing of good health.

Good to hear you are on the mend and not in much pain! I've never smoked, but my mom smoked ALOT! The doctor told her she need to cut out the smoking when she was pregnant with me. She didn't or couldn't and doctor told her that was why I was so small when I was born. Didn't seem to slow her down at all. When she finally did quit about sixteen years later my brother imediately started smoking because he said he really missed the smoke! That told me right there that those around a smoker are "smoking" too. This was quite a while before anyone ever thought of second hand smoke.

Looking forward to seen more posts and videos.
DonnaB
Vancleave, MS
(Zone 8b)

December 8, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8922011

lol Eufaula I thought you wanted to down load from your flash card not bring mine up

OutLaw I just had major neck surgery, had 3 disk replaced and 1 vertabra removed, put in another small bone and bone grafts and major hardware. Had it done at 3 levels also in lower back in 2005. Cancer was a real surprise and not done with it yet. Treatment is very invasive on a personal level as cutting into you is not how they get to it. Very painful for weeks after and supposed to be done every 3 months followed with a 6 to 12 week treatment of BCG to stimulate immunity and it is TB they treat you with. Then you possibly have to deal with that. Think I got it because my RA meds are immuno suppressants. Which also has me concerned why bother with stimulator if I have to go back on a suppressant after. So what's the point in it!!!!! My life has been turned upside down and still in a downward spiral

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Poultry and Livestock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Raising Keets (baby guineas) TamaraFaye 39 Apr 29, 2012 1:19 PM
Guineas moved into new home TamaraFaye 91 Jun 7, 2008 9:31 PM
What should I do for my sick hen? Tammy 51 Dec 16, 2007 8:55 PM
Sheep losing wool KathyJo 16 May 7, 2008 11:37 PM
Anyone raise rabbits ? PeggieK 41 Jul 10, 2008 12:07 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America