Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Christmas Swap - Show & Tell - Page 2

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 327, Views: 2,434
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2011
2:05 PM

Post #8915135

We're off to a great start receiving gifts. Thank you so much, LK, for volunteering to Co-Hostess. We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1230282/

These are the options we were given. Choosing our top two wasn't always an easy thing to do.

1. Receive a Stuffed Stocking, either bought or homemade.

2. Receive an Ornament, a decorative Santa, Snowman, or Snow Woman. It’ll be up to your Buddy to choose which one.

3. Receive a minimum of six bows along with a plain wreath, homemade or bought. You as the recipient will be able to change the bows during the coming months and decorate the wreath to your liking.

4. Receive a new decorated Red or Green Garden Trowel or another new decorated gardening tool you can display inside or out. Again, it’ll be your Buddy’s choice.

5. Receive a small artificial tree decorated with traditional or non-traditional items. Non-traditional items could include shells, mirrored tiles, pine cones, feathers, sprays of flowers and leaves, or a combination of these or other items you have in your craft stash or imagination. It’s totally up to your Secret Santa how your tree will be decorated.

6. Receive food or non-food items. A few food items could be cookies, cakes, brownies, chocolates, pickles, and jams. Non-food items could include soaps, potpourri, fuzzy socks, or dish towels. Just for suggestions. Your Buddy will surprise you with their choice(s).

7. Receive a Glass Jar Candle with the scent of your Buddy’s choice.

8. Receive a regional cookbook OR several recipe note cards OR a magazine, new or used, that features Holiday recipes. Again this option will be left up to your Buddy.

9. Receive a mystery gift that begins with First Initial of YOUR User ID.

10. Receive a Large or Small garden flag OR Wind Chimes…your Buddy’s choice.

As always, our goal is to have fun as we celebrate another Christmas together and enjoy each other’s company! Put your thinking caps on, use your imagination, and brighten someone’s day with a box of gifts whether they’re on your Buddy's suggested lists or not.

The value of the gifts you send should be around $20, excluding Priority Mail with a Delivery Confirmation Number.

Reveal your Secret Santa when you receive your package. Please Priority Mail your package with a Delivery Confirmation number no later than the week of December 5th. If you mail fragile items, please pack them well and insure your package. Keep your receipt handy or D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number you used to either LK or me, depending on which one of us assigned your Buddy.

Please respect your Buddy's privacy and don't post tracking numbers directly on our threads.

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1228218/

Our participants this year are...

1234dottie / Dottie -- > RECEIVED FROM Crit
#2 I love ornaments. Snowmen are my favorite. #4 Any kind of garden tool. #10 I do not have any kind of garden flag, I also love windchimes. Would love to have Surprises.

Bettypauze / Betty -- > RECEIVED FROM 1234dottie
absolutely no preference. Cannot receive plants or food across the border.

Carolyn22 / Carolyn -- > RECEIVED FROM deejay9
I don't like vanilla scented things, but love cinnamon. Would like a stocking stuffed with homemade items or things such as gardening tape and seeds. The other ideas all look good too.

ClanCampbell / Chris -- > RECEIVED FROM froggies_girl
#2- I like Santa Clauses best, I guess- really, no preference here
#10- don't really do flags that much, but everyone knows how much I love windchimes :-) (hint,hint) :-)
No allergies, but I don't like food smelling candles (like apple pie, etc) - would rather have something scented like flowers or vanilla (hmm, guess that might be food scented) I once found a victorian rose/vanilla candle that I LOVED.. and they quit making them LOL.

Cris316 / Cris -- > RECEIVED FROM FruitOfTheVine
Would love to receive any of the items. Numbers 2, 6, 7 or 9 especially.
Allergic to bananas. Love vanilla scented items (candles, sachet, etc)

Crit / Patti -- > RECEIVED FROM FruitOfTheVine
#6 is first pick. Second picks would be:
#2 I like snowmen/women
#5 Up to my buddy
#8 I love cookbooks and other people's recipe's that they like
#9 I'm a C. If you opt for cactus, I like unusual hens/chicks, odd cactus like living rock, etc. I'm not especially "asking" for cactus, just wanted to throw that in, in case. It is ALL up to my buddy
#10 Would like to start getting yard flags, but don't have any of the holders that they go on. I also love windchimes.
No allergies. Love food, chocolate, jams and clay thingy's. (hint hint. And that's a C! ) Don't care for cinnamon type scents. Use scentsy warmers more than candles. Like scents like Thunderstorm, Enchanted Mist and Rainforest...or for Christmas Poinsettia Pine.

Cville_Gardener / Carole -- > RECEIVED FROM happgarden
#4 and #10
I don't care for santas, elves, reindeer, angels, stockings, holiday ornaments and so forth. We don't put up a big tree.
Not allergic to anything but not wild about a lot of overpowering scents. Cinnamon, vanilla and citrus are my faves.
Do like small decorated trees (the funkier, the better), yard art, gardening items of all kinds, mobiles, stained glass, dark chocolate, soup fixins, pastas, and coffees/teas (especially organic).

deejay9 / Susie -- > RECEIVED FROM Cville_Gardener
I Would love any of these #2, #3, #6, or #9 but truly anything for my new home. Love rainbow colors. I have a small white tree so I have my hands up for Mini oddball ornaments for my tree from any one :) Love crafty people.

froggies_girl / Julie -- > RECEIVED FROM irisluvr0252
My preferences are #6, 9, 1, 4, or 5 (I'm collecting New Orleans Saints items and their team emblem, the fleur de lis). Hyacinth, paperwhites, or other bulbs are fine. Buddy, I'm putting specifics but I'll love whatever you send. And I'd love a book that the children and I can record favorite Christmas traditions. Can be handmade or bought.

FruitOfTheVine / Susan -- > RECEIVED FROM Cris316 and Bettypauze
I'm picking #9 and #10 but would be just as happy with Surprises. Also love dark chocolate, jarred candles, and homemade jams or jellies. Don't send me a Fruitcake...lol, and I can't stand Chocolate Covered Cherries.

happgarden / Joyce -- > RECEIVED FROM Carolyn22
#2 and #9 Anything is ok with me. I am traditional bright red/bright green/and white Christmas person. Love surprises & homemade jelly.

irisluvr0252 / Debbie -- > RECEIVED FROM ClanCampbell
Sorry, I can't pick just 2! #2, 6, 8, 10...out of these 4 I think I would go with #2 and #8 but would definitely be happy with anything my buddy chooses!

jab91864 / Julie -- > RECEIVED FROM purpbutfly
I will be easy, whatever my buddy wants to send. No allergies or major dislikes.

joeswife / Debra -- > RECEIVED FROM warriorswisdomkathy
Surprise me.

lizrainey / Liz -- > RECEIVED FROM rouxcrew
#6 and #10 -- No rose smell, no coconut or cheese.

mandy97 / Mandy -- > RECEIVED FROM taters55
I think I'd like #6 and either #1 or #8 - buddy's choice. I'm not a fan of floral scents, but do enjoy fruit and cinnamon scents.

Mud_Elf / Kris -- > RECEIVED FROM lizrainey
First choice would be # 5. I would like the mini-tree as it can be our Christmas tree for this year. I would love a cowboy or beach themed one.. The cowboy is for the long suffering Ralphie. My second choice is #10 as I can always use more yard art.
Need to say we are in a tiny place so any types of scents over power us so no candles or anything like that PLEASE. And we are on restricted diets so food is out too.

purpbutfly / Cindy -- > RECEIVED FROM Mud_Elf
I would rather be totally surprised. Let my buddy decide what she wants to send me. No candles though because I make candles myself. Would like to have a butterfly tree.

ridesredmule / Char -- > RECEIVED FROM jab91864
#5 and #9 and #10. I can't stand smelly candles. I'm not a candle lover. Can't even go into one of those perfume places. Lord help me around those cinnamon brooms that almost take my breathe away.

Robynznest / Robin -- > RECEIVED FROM joeswife
#2 and #6. I love snowmen. I am allergic to oranges and most citrus fruit. Even the smell of an orange makes me sick. Other than that I'm pretty easy. A snowman and loads of dark chocolate will pretty much make me a very happy camper.

rouxcrew / Joy -- > RECEIVED FROM Mandy97
#6 and #9

taters55 / LK -- > RECEIVED FROM ridesredmule
No specifics, just what ever my buddy wants to send.

warriorswisdomkathy / Kathy -- > RECEIVED FROM Robynznest
#10 (would adore windhimes, hint hint) #5, if possible a traditional (it's been 5 years since I've had a tree and most of my lights and ornaments were aquired by my daughter and family. Love various Santas and or #6. I didn't see anything about any elves, if my trade partner has one to spare that can dig and plant I would forever be grateful.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2011 10:57 PM

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 3, 2011
2:28 PM

Post #8915160

Woo Hoo! First one in! Now back outside to finish covering hay in hopes of rain tomorrow!!!!!

Great box Susie!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 3, 2011
3:17 PM

Post #8915205

You got some great things too, Susie. Love it all...
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 3, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8915261

Susie, loved your box. Carole the silver ornaments are just lovely - I haven't seen anything
like them around here.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8915313

It was sort of like follow the bouncing ball, er box. I'm sooooo glad it's there. Whew! ^_^

OK, waiting to see the next box. ^_^

Aw, thanks, Fruity. You are too kind. ♥♥♥

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 3, 2011
5:07 PM

Post #8915334

Susie, looks like your box was really packed full of goodies from Carole! Nice job!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 3, 2011
5:31 PM

Post #8915349

nice box wow,

omg joy just love you to peices dh grumbling to go out to dinner will post when i get back geeez men!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 3, 2011
7:02 PM

Post #8915438

Woohoo! Got my calendar today.. thank you Fruity.. I love it :) Her pics are so beautiful..I think I'm going to keep this year's and use them in my scrapbooking or something.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2011
8:14 PM

Post #8915506

Enjoy your evening out, Liz. Ya know you could be stuck at home cooking...lol
Joy always packs a beautiful box with lots of surprises.

You're welcome, Chris. But you're not my Christmas buddy either...lol I sent you a calendar because you're in the B-day Club.

The game between VA Tech and Clemson is winding down...and is not looking good at all for Tech ):

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2011
9:11 AM

Post #8915916

Dang it! I knew I was on the wrong one too LOL!!!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 4, 2011
11:35 AM

Post #8916036

ok first of all joy was so excited to see it was you!
i have two pictures love the santa and the towel then the windchime says live love laugh has such a nice ring
and look at the cute santa pen

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 4, 2011
11:43 AM

Post #8916045

then in the second pic this is so cool!
she made dr pepper pralines in the blue box dang near destroyed them already lol
and a yummy sounding pasta/soup ingrediants and recipe to follow.
garden flag, hmmmmm well the rest got me stumped but were talking about me right now hee heee...

there is two jars that say apple carmel butter but one is light and one is dark so i was confused and the other two i believe to be some kind of scrubs omg you should smell the one it smells sooooo good! maby joy can clarify a little please.

joy thank you again i just love your boxes oh btw that wine omg it was to die for!!!!!!!! it was sweet and so good what was the name of it again?

Thumbnail by lizrainey

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2011
11:55 AM

Post #8916063

That looks sooooo good, Liz. Yum! Very nice things as usual from Joy. ^_^

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2011
12:21 PM

Post #8916084

Liz, one of the jars is Apple Caramel Butter the other is Pineapple Habanero Jam. I looked at all my other jars and they all say the right things but, the orangey yellow one with bits of red is the Habanero jam. It is awesome on grilled chicken or pork, as well as on toast, oatmeal, or even corn bread.
The blah colored one is the Apple Butter.
The round white jar is Vanilla Sugar. There should have been a card for it, but it is a flavored sugar to use wherever you want. The vanilla bean is still in there so don't eat it.
The short kinda flat container is the bath scrub.
So here is the order from left to right, Apple Caramel Butter, Dr. Pepper Pralines, Pineapple Habanero Jam, Pasta Fagioli, (top) Vanilla Sugar, (bottom) Citrus Bath Scrub.

There should have been cards in the box explaining them, Sigh, my blonde strikes again.

I made all the jarred things and the pralines as well. Glad you liked them.

Oh, I believe I sent you a Llano Sweet Red which unfortunately is unavailable outside of TX unless you get me as a swap partner LOL.

Joy

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 4, 2011
12:31 PM

Post #8916089

Nice job Joy! Everything looks and sounds yummy!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 4, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8916137

afternoon all guess i forgot to click on the watch this thread & could not find you all of but here i is now :)

Joy Someone mentioned or maybe it was you last xmas about the Pineapple Habanero Jam, & it sounded so good but i never found a recipe for it .
is it a family recipe ???

I Made applebutter this fall also & It is good :) i have to go stay with daddy while jim & Jan go bowling tonight had to get a few of my plants
transplanted , into better soil. ya all have a great evening back later .
susie

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 4, 2011
3:11 PM

Post #8916242

Well it is a recipe that I put together couple years ago when I had an abundance of Hab's and couldn't find one I liked.
Let me think about all the little tweaks, 1. Watch about fumes when you chop the peppers, they can be bad when you take the lid off the blender or food processor.
2. Use gloves when handling the Habs, the oil can cause a reaction to your skin, much less your eyes if it gets there. I don't use gloves with any other pepper but my hands felt like they had been burned after I tried seeding 15.
3. I use canned pineapple, one can of chunks and one can of crushed. I don't drain them either. I run the chunks in the processor with the peppers.
4. I use a no sugar pectin and don't put all the sugar in. Just my preference. The sweet helps cut the heat.
5. Try your first batch with less Habs especially if you like warm, not hot. It isn't incendiary by any means but it does have a kick. My first batch I used 12, then went with 14 cause I couldn't count. There was a difference in heat.
6. I have added mandarin oranges when I didn't have enough pineapple, awesome. I have added a can when I had enough pineapple, still awesome. I have even added apricots, excellent.

Here it is:

PINEAPPLE HABANERO JAM
* 15 habaneros, seeded and deveined
* 1 orange bell pepper (or a bell pepper the same color as the habs)
* 4 cups cubed pineapple
* 1 cup vinegar
* 5 cups sugar
* Pectin
* pinch of salt
In a blender, chop up all the chiles, bell peppers, pineapple and vinegar. Heat it all up in a saucepan with the pectin, bring to a boil, add sugar and pinch of salt, boil a bit longer, can them in sterile jars then do the boiling water bath thing.
You'll need to check your fruit/pepper/liquid to sugar ratio, which varies based on what brand of pectin you use. Also, directions may vary too, based, again, on the pectin.
Anyhow, this is great on a bagel, on toast, as a glaze on chicken or ribs, to eat with a spoon...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
3:19 AM

Post #8916847

Well, yum. I love a little heat and that recipe sounds delish. ^_^
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 5, 2011
3:50 AM

Post #8916858

Have to save that recipe, thanks for sharing !!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 5, 2011
7:08 AM

Post #8917048

ty joy I Sure hope to try that one off to town back later

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8917062

Y'all are all welcome. This is the jam that I sent to Iraq by the gallons when my son was stationed over there and they never got tired of it! It and my Blueberry Napalm are quite popular.

Joy
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 5, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8917121

sorry buddy but finally your box is getting mailed today:)

lol joy giggling at bluberry napalm

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2011
8:18 AM

Post #8917125

I'm mailing mine today too. sorry was so late.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 5, 2011
8:38 AM

Post #8917148

My package for my buddy is going out in today's mail as well...

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

December 5, 2011
11:19 AM

Post #8917315

The mail man just picked up my package it is on it's way to...^_^
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

December 5, 2011
11:57 AM

Post #8917373

Mailed mine this AM at the PO! Should be received by Wednesday! Sounds like a lot of Christmas boxes going out today!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
12:12 PM

Post #8917391

Sure does. ^_^
Mandy97
Paw Paw, MI

December 5, 2011
2:37 PM

Post #8917606

My buddy's package went out today as well. Santa is on the way! :)
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 5, 2011
2:41 PM

Post #8917609

Ho! Ho! Ho! Hey buddy, Santa and his sleigh are on their way!

Merry Christmas!

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8917611

Wow, thanks Elves for being on the ball. Char, you're not late at all, dearie. Mail out is anytime this week. If anyone can't mail by Saturday, please let me know.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2011
3:02 PM

Post #8917635

I mailed mine this evening. Ho! Ho! ho!!!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 5, 2011

Post #8917637

Mine goes out Wed, when I go to town.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2011
3:55 PM

Post #8917689

Jingle bells, jingle bells...

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2011
5:27 PM

Post #8917794

Hey Liz, did you find the cards for your sugar and salt?

Joy

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
6:08 PM

Post #8917826

Thanks for the recipe, Joy. Haven't had an opportunity to try your Pineapple Habarnero jam but can attest your Blueberry Napalm is the bomb! I know you probably get tired of me saying this, but it's absolutely delish slathered on pork.

Today I received a truly wonderful box of homebaked goodness from Cris316, not to mention the beautiful flag and set of wind chimes that have such a lovely sounding range. I'll be back to post photos, but can't promise there will be many of the Chocolate thumbprints cookies left, and I'm saving a Pecan bar or two to go with coffee in the morning.

Just so you all know, in case you haven't already figured it out, Cris joined shortly after names were assigned and I'd never turn anyone away who wants to join us, especially at Christmas. So she and I are exchanging directly.

I also have a Secret Santa LK assigned to send to me, have no idea who she is and the suspense is killing me...lol. I'm also an Elf to another one of you!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 5, 2011
7:42 PM

Post #8917926

Patience my dear!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 6, 2011
4:42 AM

Post #8918345

joy, lol yes finally found them they were stuck on the paper
btw soup was divine!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2011
9:45 AM

Post #8918647

Pressies are wrapped and going out on the sleigh tomorrow, heading to the North Pole first. Hopefully none of the reindeer eat any thing that's in it.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2011
7:37 AM

Post #8919907

Hi gals!!!! Sorry I have been MIA for a while, but wanted to let you know I am still around and still "in". ^_^ if you haven't kicked me out!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 7, 2011
10:29 AM

Post #8920068

Crit, so glad to see you posting! Everything OK?
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 7, 2011
10:59 AM

Post #8920108

Hi everyone, I have been mia, but have been lurking to see what is going on. My box is ready to go out but I have one problem and can't seem to get an answer to it...dag nab it...so it is causing me to hold up and rethink the situation...thought I would have an answer by now, but no such luck...what to do what to do...dang

Sounds like the skys are full of packages from all of us going this way and that! We will probably hear a big thud as they are dropped by the sleigh from above.

Been Christmas shopping like a crazy person and having a ball doing it. House is not decorated which is really late for me, presents not wrapped, and the clock is ticking...tick, tick, tick...

Can't tell you the number of things I have returned because I found a better deal, coupon, or decided it wasn't right. Had dinner with my sisters last night and they start coming up with all kinds of things they "really" want that they didn't have on their list earlier...rofl. I am really odd in that I love getting for the grown-ups, seems to me the grown ups get the short end of the deal cause they are always providing for someone else, so this is the one time of the year I go a little nuts on the grown ups. Love it love it.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2011
3:20 PM

Post #8920476

That's so nice of you happ. I agree, adults DO get the short end of the stick. I know I always have. Even when I was married the first time. My DH now is better.

Yes LK, everything is fine. It just seems that now that I am not working I don't find time to get on the computer. lol So many things around here I have been wanting to do but never had the time to do it. NOW I DO!!! yea.

I have become a real hermit. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything away from the house. When we lived in our other house, it was so small the walls would close in on me in the winter when I couldn't work outside. I LOVE this house and can find plenty of things to keep me busy. I'm wanting to make something to go in my buddies box, but I may not get it mailed out this week. Had to finish another project for granddaughter to give to her before Christmas and finished it up this afternoon. She has known it is coming for several months and don't want it to get mixed in with the others and Christmas. This is just hers.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2011
11:25 AM

Post #8921529

I got my box of goodies from Charleen today! Look at all the wonderful things she made for my miniature gardens! Charleen, you have outdone yourself! Thanks so much for all the beautiful things you made! I love all of them!

Thumbnail by taters55

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 8, 2011
11:56 AM

Post #8921569

I am so glad you like your presents. I really wanted to get you things for your mini gardens.
Thank you dear Linda...

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 8, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8921576

I got my box from Mandy, thanks! I will post a picture in a bit, minus some of the cookies!

Joy
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2011
12:19 PM

Post #8921605

WOWZER LK ... U really hit the jackpot for miniature gardening.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2011
1:54 PM

Post #8921761

Wow ... lotsa cute things. Nice box, Linda and Charleen.
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
4:17 PM

Post #8921944

My box arrived today, from Cindy !!!!

OMG where to start. There is a super cute hummingbird feeder. I love watching the hummers so that is very much appreciated!!!!! An apple crisp candle that smells heavenly, yummo!!

I got treats of candy, socks, TWO flags, a weekly planner, an ornament shaped gift box which contained a Christmas tree pin (the only jewelry I really wear are pins/brooches so I thought that was kewl) , a birdhouse ornament for the tree.

There is a super cute and really heavy snowman... concrete block if I am not mistaken. It is soooo cute!!

Now there is a holiday solar ornament mobile in the box as well. The balls attached were damaged and didn't travel well, but I think if I replace the balls it will be good as new!!!! I have to read the directions and go from there.

Thank you so much for the lovely box!!! A lot of care and thoughtfulness went into the gifts you enclosed. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Julie

Thumbnail by jab91864

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2011
4:22 PM

Post #8921946

Goodness, look at all the wonderful goodies! Nice job Cindy!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8921970

Great boxes! It is going to get exciting seeing everyone's stuff.

I just have a sec I am sick sick sick, but got the greatest box today from my buddy, Carolyn22. I just had to post pics and say thank you soooo much! I not only got pressies but so did the kitty and the puppies...yep! She thought of everyone!

Here is the first box still boxed up!

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
5:04 PM

Post #8921972

Next the pressies all laid out.

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
5:06 PM

Post #8921973

Here look close at the card!

This is a present that will keep on giving.

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
5:08 PM

Post #8921976

Last picture of everything unwrapped. The puppies have eaten alot of the dog treats, I can hear the bells being rolled by the kitty, so there are alot of angels getting their wings tonight, and I want to say THANK YOU. DH can't wait to get into the the lattee and I can't wait until spring.

You are such a sweetie Carolyn22 and you couldn't have done any better if you had known me for 20 years!

Thumbnail by happgarden

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2011
5:20 PM

Post #8921988

Joyce

I am so glad you like your pressies and so do kittie and puppies!

I hope you feel better soon - I am sorry you are sick.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8922091

Ok, I've been MIA, busy, busy. Iris all got planted, whew!!!! Clems. in. Some of my seedlings got lined out, got more to get in next warm up. Ground rototilled for a holding bed til spring planting, shucks!!! Have had over 20" of snow this season so far and below zero temp. just one night. Still getting things rounded up for Kitchen remodel, have some decisions to make yet, ( gosh, but I want both of this and that, lol). Thought I had picked out counters and flooring but>>>>>>. Haven't heard an install date yet but should be soon (hope, hope). Got half my Christmas shopping done, in fact buddie's package should be going out tomorrow or Sat. What wonderful packages everyones gotten so far, wow!!! Christmas can be such fun!! Supper's ready, chat at ya later all. Kathy.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2011
1:00 AM

Post #8922290

Such fun boxes, Julie and happ. Grrrrreat!!! ^_^

This message was edited Dec 9, 2011 5:02 AM

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 9, 2011
2:31 AM

Post #8922313

Fantastic presents gals. Everything is moving along so well. Can't wait for my buddy to get hers.

Heck, I almost can't wait to get mine.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2011
4:58 AM

Post #8922354

Wow, look at all the great pressies! Even for the fur babies! Nice job!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2011
5:46 AM

Post #8922385

Ok my happbehind is back to work, not well but weller... ;)

My box was wonderful, did you all see the dahlias that I am going to get in the spring? I am soooo excited, they all begin with the letter H, which is after my Mom...so great...I love dahlias. All the dogs thought they were in cookie heaven...rofl, and kitty played all night, well at least until I put the toys in the drawers about midnight...rofl...I took them out this morning and off the cat went again...

Hopefully I will get my box out Saturday I got a little delayed, excuse number 1,823...LOL

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 9, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8922505

Morning all!! I lost you !! I kept wondering why no one was posting...lol Anyway I mailed my box out on Tuesday so I am hoping it arrived today.

Ralph's father passed last week and we have been a little frazzled. But things are getting better now. Thanks to all who sent cards. It was very sweet and touching,, Ralph was deeply appreciative!

I am looking forward to getting my box too!! Such lovely boxes have already been sent to everyone. I love them all..

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 9, 2011
9:12 AM

Post #8922612

Got my box from Mandy97 adn found my camera this morning to take my pics! She sent me a lovely pop up card in the shape of an ornament, really cute.A Family Circle magazine for December, haven't looked at one of those in many years. Will be checking it out later today. There was and I say was for a reason, a cute feathered cardinal ornament in the picture but Maizie was prowling around and I now have a trail of red feathers and a very sad bird. Maizie says thanks for the lovely present, she is curled up on the pillow sleeping with it and won't give it up.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 9, 2011
9:19 AM

Post #8922619

I got a cube of memo paper, silver deer ornaments, white snowflake ornaments and a little burgandy candle.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 9, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8922634

Got a jar of cookies, homemade, and got them stolen as soon as I opened the jar. Fortunately there was a peanut butter one on top, which Dave likes, and then a chocolate chip, which I like. So I got it back, at least for the picture! I think Dave has already snarfed the PB ones.
There is some homemade strawberry jam, some chocolate candies (who doesn't like bite sized chocolate?), some liquid bath soap and lotion, a box of little snowman ornaments, and a jingle bell door hanger. It's on the door and Jam has already nosed it, making it jingle and got to go outside. It may have to stay up after the holidays.
Thanks so much Mandy,

Joy

Glad you are feeling better Joyce, and good to hear from you Elfie!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2011
10:13 AM

Post #8922673

Nice, nice box there, Joy.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 9, 2011
10:14 AM

Post #8922674

Joy, love all your goodies you got, bet those cookies were good? Poor Maizie, she needed a gift too!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 9, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8922718

Wow those boxes are terrific, eye'ing a few things for myself

How excitting..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2011
11:58 AM

Post #8922814

WHOOP! WHOOP! (mental pic of me pumping my fist in the air. LOL) WHOOP! WHOOP!!!!

I got my fantastic box from our dear own Susie/Fruity. Wow, was that thing packed!!! I'm She had to make her own box out of 2 boxes. It is just fantastic!

I will list things and post the pic I took after bit. I am not feeling too well today. Did too much yesterday and now I'm hurting. Didn't seem like too much at the time, was all in the house, but am paying today. Need to lie down.

THANK YOU MY ELF FRUITY! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2011
12:59 PM

Post #8922910

Rest your body, Crit. Yah, that Fruity packs a mean box indeed. ^_^
Mandy97
Paw Paw, MI

December 9, 2011
2:38 PM

Post #8923051

[quote="rouxcrew"]Got my box from Mandy97 adn found my camera this morning to take my pics! She sent me a lovely pop up card in the shape of an ornament, really cute.A Family Circle magazine for December, haven't looked at one of those in many years. Will be checking it out later today. There was and I say was for a reason, a cute feathered cardinal ornament in the picture but Maizie was prowling around and I now have a trail of red feathers and a very sad bird. Maizie says thanks for the lovely present, she is curled up on the pillow sleeping with it and won't give it up. [/quote]

Glad you liked your box and that kitty enjoyed the bird too! My cats were watching it when I packed it too, but fortunately, I warded them off, or it wouldn't have made it in the box! :)

I hope everyone gets better soon! It sounds like the winter flu season is upon us.

Mandy

This message was edited Dec 9, 2011 7:07 PM

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 9, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8923227

OMG,,, Thought I was sending a d-mail... So Sorry..

This message was edited Dec 10, 2011 8:59 AM

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 9, 2011
8:51 PM

Post #8923412

Just dropped in to say my box was shipped this afternoon and should arrive on Monday. Fruit...Will get confirmation # to you tomorrow (its in the car, sorry its burry out tonight), lol.

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

December 10, 2011
6:14 AM

Post #8923650

Hi Elfie!! Yes I got my box yesterday

I LOVE IT!!!!

1st pic unopened gifts

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

December 10, 2011
6:16 AM

Post #8923654

2nd pic

All my goodies!!!!

Small tree, mini lights, 45 butterflies (Elfie made them all), little crystals, candy plate, chocolates, candy cane, and some purple shoe laces

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

purpbutfly

purpbutfly
(Cindy) Marysville, CA
(Zone 10a)

December 10, 2011
6:20 AM

Post #8923668

I was going to post the pics yesterday BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes Doug is too helpful and makes me mad. I had the tree all decorated, was making a space for it on my desk, left the room, came back, Doug had my tree sitting on top of the tv. It fell off not once but TWICE!!!

Told him to leave it alone I'll take care of it. So while he is still sleeping I got it decorated AGAIN and lit up YAY!!!!! And yes it's on top of the tv BUT!!! I fixed it so it won't fall off!!! GRRRRRR men sometimes ugh!!!

Thumbnail by purpbutfly

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
6:20 AM

Post #8923669

Joy that picture is so familiar here. Except that is usually a live bird. :0(

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2011
6:28 AM

Post #8923688

Cindy, that is so pretty! Love all those butterflies Kris made! Nice job!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8923693

Hi Cindy,, I really hoped you would like your butterfly tree. I wanted you to have a one of a kind tree,, even though Taters tried to get me to give her all your butterflies,,lol I must have taken 50 pictures to show what I was trying to make. And you should have had a tree skirt,, however I failed miserably on that,,sorry I was hoping you could also hang the candy canes,, but they might have been to big. I should have made you some of those too. Darn now I think of it.. ah well maybe sometime in the future.

I really did think I had posted the shipping info in a d-mail. no clue what happened there. I have been a little scattered this last week.

Anyway Huggs and Merry Christmas!!!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2011
6:40 AM

Post #8923699

It is a beautiful little tree. Guess Doug wanted to enjoy the little tree too.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
7:11 AM

Post #8923718

Great box from Elfie. Love your butterfly tree!

Allllllllllll-righty. Feeling better today. Went to bed at 7 p.m. and woke up at 7 a.m. Guess I needed the sleep.

My fabulous box from Susie/FOTV:

A jingle bell Christmas tree setting on a Christmas present
Not 1, not 2 but THREE tummy treats: French Roast Coffee (LOVE IT), Baily's Chocolates (Oh are they GOOD), and Godiva Gems Dark Chocolates. MMMM-mmmm. My tummy says THANK YOU! ^_^
A snowman yard flag PLUS the holder for it. I really needed the holder too. So cute!
A festively sparkly red HoHoHo
Red, White and Green aloe socks. My feet feel great in them!
A Sugared Spruce candle. I LOVE the spruce smell and this was perfect because my old spruce candle is just about gone!
A doorknob hanger with big bells on it to let you know an angel has gotten it's wings every time the bells ring! ^_^ (A Wonderful Life is my all time favorite movie!)
A Food magazine. I can't wait to dive into it! I bet there are recipe's in there I'll want to try!
A HUGE elf sock that was filled with some of the goodies that are listed. I can't wait for Santa to fill it up for me!
The neatest LED Christmas Tree nightlight that has seven different colors it moves through. So festive!
Last but not least was the Winter Wonderland Christmas card she included in it.

THANK YOU FRUITY!!!!! I absolutely LOVE all of it. I think it deserves another "WHOOP! WHOOP!" LOL

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
7:19 AM

Post #8923729

Oh, my box hasn't gone out yet. I'm making something to include in it, and I hope I can get it done this weekend, if my hands hold out on me. ^_^ Have a couple more things to get then it is ready to fly. Sorry to my buddy it is a little late.

Wonderful boxes that have been received! So much variety. Everyone has done a great job. But, of course ... I think mine is best. ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2011
7:21 AM

Post #8923731

Nice going Fruity, bet it took you awhile to get it all out of the box. But there is only one problem, everyone knows that any and all Bailey's items have to come to this address! ^_^
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 10, 2011
9:18 AM

Post #8923866

I am beginning to get anxious watching everyone opening gifts. I guess my patience will have to keep me in peace lol. My kids are all adults now with their own kids. I have one son who lives in NC they are coming in next weekend for Chrstmas. We are having Christmas party with my side of family on sat. I hope it will be a fabulous weekend. My heart condition likes to act up during stressful times. Sad thing is when I am having a wonderful time my chest will be hurting awful. Anyway I am so looking forward to being with my family
I hope everyone here has loved ones to be with over this joyous holiday.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
9:27 AM

Post #8923868

Lovely purple butterfly tree and all there. :)

And another great box from Fruity to Crit. ^_^
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2011
11:40 AM

Post #8924021

OK excuse 9,546 ! Dang I rushed around like a crazy person and got to the post office before 11am. Only problem is it closes at 10:30! Dang dang dang! They are now open from 8:30 to 10:30, good grief. So sorry buddy, unless I go on an 80 miles round trip your box isn't going out until Monday! Dang... But it is packed and ready to go.
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 10, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8924130

10.30 is ridiculous to close. I would have never made it by than either.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8924160

There were 3 of us in the lobby standing there looking stupid at the sign, it was actually pretty funny. We were all loaded down with packages just standing there in disbelif. I am guessing it has alot to do with cut backs at the post office, cause I know they use to be open til noon. I just hate it that I am going to be late again...

Love all the presents everyone is getting.
Crit that is a great idea, empty the sock and rehang it, suppose Santa will catch on? LOL Course you got some great things in that stocking. Love smelly candles but with DH I can't have them, the flag and tree are way cool.

My Moms favortie color was purple. She would of loved that purple tree! Those decorations are beautiful, just so much talent. Looks like it would of taken forever to make that many small ornaments...wowzer...patience of Job. (I looked on the internet and that is how someone spelled JOB but it sure looks odd doesn't it)

I have been trying to wrap presents and decorate and for the life of me just can't get with it!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2011
2:32 PM

Post #8924222

What a great tree Cindy!!!! My DH would have done the same thing. Going to decorate the tree tonight, we have had it up for a week to give Maizie a chance to ignore it so what does Dave do, turns on the lights and tries to get her to look at them. I warned him about what would happen if my heirloom ornaments get knocked off.
Wow Crit you made out like a bandit!!! Fruity always does great boxes.
Our PO is open from 10 to 12 on Saturdays, and that is a new thing for us.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
4:02 PM

Post #8924293

Evening All You Elves!

Missed you like crazy the past couple of days but have been under the weather and am just catching up, if that's really possible. Not sure if the crud is setting in since I've had a busting headache and hacking cough, or my allergies are acting up from burning a wood fire. If that's the case it's going to be a really long Winter. Plus yesterday for whatEVER reason, our cable internet went down. Sooooooo, where to begin?!

LOL Patti, I needed a good Whoop Whoop and am tickled you're pleased with your gifts and are already enjoying them. Wasn't sure about the candle but felt safe including it since it wasn't cinnamon scented. If you have too much chocolate, LK is standing in line to relieve you of the Baileys :)

I'm loving seeing everyone's gifts. And even pets are getting in on the action.

Your tree is incredible, Cindy! Elfie, you must have spent hours making and decorating all those butterflies. Wow! Patience of Job for sure, but much like a real job...lol happ.

My Secret Santa was...hint hint hint...our great friend from Canada. What another wonderful Christmas this will be, Betty! Remember well you were my Elf last year too. Not going to give any more hints til I post pics.

Our little PO is only open Saturdays from 9-11, not hardly worth the employees time to even show up.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8924378

Fruity, don't make us wait too long!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
12:24 AM

Post #8924642

Sorry to say that Congress has fixed it so the mail will be getting quite a bit slower in the not too distant future and probably no Saturday delivery at all. Something to keep in mind with all the mailing we all do. :(
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2011
5:49 AM

Post #8924738

Carole -

I knew this was on the way, but I am wondering if the PO has already done this. It seems to me a number of our Christmas boxes to each other are taking a day or two longer than normal to be delivered already...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
8:23 AM

Post #8924918

Yes, I believe it is in the works as we speak. Jobs are not being filled again as people retire or leave, etc.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
9:09 AM

Post #8925011

Sorry LK ... you will have to wait for your own box from FOTV to get the Baily's Chocolates. These are all mine, at least what is left of them. LOL

I'm working frantically to get everything finished for my buddy so I can mail out tomorrow.
irisluvr0252
Lafayette, IN
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2011
9:28 AM

Post #8925037

I mailed mine last Monday and it should have been received on Wednesday. Haven't seen a post from my buddy yet so hope everything is ok!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2011
12:44 PM

Post #8925271

iris, that is grueling when you don't know what is going on with your package. We need to remember I think tomorrow is the busiest day for the shipping companies...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011

Post #8925299

From Betty, first is a lighted glass block decorated with a festive bow, a slate Welcome sign painted with a snowy woodland scene, two knitted washcloths / dishcloths, a tin candle holder with a miniature wreath to decorate the scented candle or hang on our tree. Love primitives as you know, Betty. I’m going to use the glass block at the top of our stair landing, never have enough light there and this is so much better and brighter than a nightlight. Would you either post or D-mail knitting instructions for the cloths?

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:01 PM

Post #8925301

Last but not least from Betty, is this charming Glass mobile with marbles and Christmas trees. I'll hang this beauty inside since it would never hold up to our North winds.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:02 PM

Post #8925302

Close-up...

Isn't it lovely?!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8925308

In Cris’s letter, she explained the Sights, Sounds, and Smells theme she picked for me for the Holiday.

Sights: Homemade Gingerbread ornaments decorated with a snowy winter scene ~ A large Winter Welcome garden flag with sweet woodland creatures with a bag of Fruit (lol) ~ Paperwhite bulbs

Sounds: Nature’s Echo tubular Wind Chimes that sound devine and are already hung under our Cherry tree where they have lots of company.

Smells and Food (First letter of my screen name): Chocolate Thumbprint cookies made with graham flour and oatmeal (addicting!) ~ Pecan Bars made with stevia, these are just right and not sticky sweet. There must have been a dozen of each kind of cookie and you see not many are left. ~ bag of Rum Balls ~ a box of After Eight Mints, one of my favs and don't usually find these unless it's around Christmastime.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:10 PM

Post #8925310

Yes, everything is lovely. ♥ mobiles. ♥ glass.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:10 PM

Post #8925311

Close-up of my adorable flag...

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8925313

Wind chimes already swinging in the breeze!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:14 PM

Post #8925319

Paperwhites "planted" among water marbles in a big snifter. Several are already showing points, eager to grow and bloom.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8925320

Very kewl. ♥

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2011
2:10 PM

Post #8925371

Wonderful presents
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2011
2:20 PM

Post #8925379

Fruity

So nice!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 11, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8925459

Fruity, love all the presses you got!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:11 PM

Post #8925600

Girls, I am so sorry that I have been MIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so hard for me to get an internet connection when I am traveling. I left Nov. 25 and did not get home until yesterday. North Carolina, Deleware, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. A wonderful trip but I was so ready to get home. And it seemed like every house I visited had a secure Internet connection and no one could remember their passwords! LOL

Hope everyone is gearing up for a beautiful and blessed Christmas. I know I still have some shopping to do!

Love to all, Julieanne

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:21 PM

Post #8925615

Irisluvr (Debbie),
Girl, I got your box of goodies and I absolutely love every single thing.
In this picture I have:
A collection of flavored coffees (pumpkin spice blend, Christmas blend, White Chocolate Raspberry blend, Eggnog, and Breakfast Blend) Can't wait to fix some, smell the aroma, and taste the delicious coffee.
A box of Gingerbread Cookies (I love these. I usually buy them year round)
A package of beautiful gift tags (more beautiful than the picture shows)

More in next picture!

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8925620

Next, a gorgeous Frog ornament already hanging on the tree!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8925623

A beautiful wall hanging on slate with Santa and a message (already on my wall)!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:28 PM

Post #8925627

And...
2 Awesome Santa kitchen towels
1 Oven Mitt to match towels
1 potholder to match towels
Reindeer Salt and Pepper Shakers (looks like Rudolph and Clarice)
Cute Santa Mug
Apple Blossom Amaryllis kit in box

I LOVE ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Debbie for your genrosity and thoughtfulness. You are awesome!

love, Julieanne

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:30 PM

Post #8925630

One more thing: I will be mailing my buddy's box tomorrow. Was going to send it while I was traveling, but I had made something and it was at home. Hope the box is worth the wait!

love to all, Julieanne
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011

Post #8925631

I love 'em too and am truly blessed having each and every one of you in my life to share and spread the Christmas spirit!

Froggies, I'm so glad you had a great vacation...you deserve it, girlie. I looked but never found you in the crowd at Rockefeller Center. What a zoo.

Can ya'll believe Christmas is two weeks from today?!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2011
7:34 PM

Post #8925633

We didn't make it to the tree lighting. My cousin did not have the money to go to New York.

If I may, please pray for my daughter Destiny. We found out last week that she is pregnant. We told everyone then she started having problems Wednesday. No miscarriage, but we were scared. She sees the doctor again Tuesday. Thank you all. God bless.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
7:40 PM

Post #8925644

I hope Destiny and her baby will both be OK and before long you'll have another Grand.

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2011
4:57 AM

Post #8925872

think my buddy should be getting her box today:)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
6:34 AM

Post #8925979

Beautiful beautiful boxes and my box is in the car and will go to the po at lunch time. It will get out today!

Love the stained glass wind chime, but like you fruity, it would have to stay inside. Windchimes at my house have a life expectency of about 3 hours on a calm day... ;)

13 days until Santa, heavens I can't believe it.

Is there a story behind frogs and Christmas? I know there is a German tradition of a pickle in a Christmas tree, and thought there was one on frogs, does anyone know?

Post pics of your decorations I loveeeee to see decorations!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8926009

http://german.about.com/library/blgermyth11.htm Found this link. Interesting...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
8:30 AM

Post #8926121

rofl...so now which "article" on the internet do you believe?...rofl. I don't have a Christmas pickle, can get in them pretty easy...and getting out is a lot harder...rofl. Odd that they would ship a pickle to the US in the 1800's for no reason? hummmm...The civil war soldier does make some sense, and the writer on about.com doesn't seem to understand why someone would ask for a pickle during the civil war and not something more. She needs to read up on history...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2011
8:37 AM

Post #8926137

I didn't look up frog! Here I go...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34485218/ns/us_news-environment/t/christmas-trees-show-live-ornaments/
Somebody goofed!!!
But there are lots of Frog ornaments if you want to Google them...
I love frogs!!

This message was edited Dec 12, 2011 11:45 AM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
8:44 AM

Post #8926143

I looked and couldn't find anything.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 12, 2011
8:56 AM

Post #8926162

Don't know if there is any significance to frogs on Christmas. The significance for me is that my Dad's nickname was Frog and he passed away on Christmas Eve 2004. Hard time of year for me, but I know Daddy is always with me! Ok, no tears!

I want things to slow down a bit. Christmas is coming way too fast! But I'll savor and make the most of each day.

Love to all,
Julieanne
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
10:23 AM

Post #8926298

Oh Julieanne, you know he is looking down on you and he would not want you to be sad at Christmas, so chin up and smile for him!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8926409

Hop to it, Girl!!! We love ya too!!! :-)

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:13 PM

Post #8926452

Heehee,, Its Ralphs Birthday and I got all the pressies!!!!!

First off I have to say We took our time opening this box and then took out package after package after package,, whew,, we were worn out before we even unwrapped the first one!!
First was all the wrapped pictures:

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:16 PM

Post #8926466

As you can see there was a beautiful hand made shovel!! and a snowman pouch with pressies in it too! And a reindeer pouch packed full of pressies. And a very pretty card.
(Thank you Liz for offering your condolences on Ralph's loss.)

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:17 PM

Post #8926471

Close up of my pretty card..

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:18 PM

Post #8926473

Close up of my wonderful shovel...

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011

Post #8926477

Snowman and reindeer pouches!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011

Post #8926480

Simply awesome necklace for me and a key ring for Ralphie!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:20 PM

Post #8926485

Wonderful Snowman decoration,, how did she know I LOVE Snowmen?????

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:21 PM

Post #8926488

Mermaid and starfish ornaments!! Soo pretty!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:23 PM

Post #8926493

And a real lump of coal with hand painted snowman!! I was so surprised when
I picked it up and realized it was real and not candy!!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:24 PM

Post #8926499

A hand made scarf to keep my neck warm,,, THANKS!! I really needed this,, It is cold on the pond!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:25 PM

Post #8926503

And a really really nice sign to hang outside!! Ralph took it out already and found a home for it!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:27 PM

Post #8926508

And Last but absolutely not least is the best-est pressie in the whole box!!!! My Beachy tree topper that we are using as a tree here in our tiny RV,, But will be a treasured tree topper when we settle into a new home in a year or so. Ralph and I just love, love, love this.

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:28 PM

Post #8926511

Here is a couple of more pictures of the tree topper!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:29 PM

Post #8926516

Another view!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:30 PM

Post #8926519

And one more,,, can you just tell how excited I am over this???

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:31 PM

Post #8926523

Last picture.. a close up of the coal that is painted,,,

Liz,,, THANK YOU< THANK YOU< THANK YOU!!!!

Thumbnail by Mud_Elf

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 12, 2011
12:32 PM

Post #8926527

Ohhh, look at those pretties..I have been giften a few of same myself over the years..always a thrill getting a box from our Liz..no wonder you are beaming!!!

(Liz, never thought of making a shovel with the sleigh workshop method) you are just toooo smart!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 12, 2011
12:37 PM

Post #8926539

Kris, that is a bunch of wonderful goodies! I can see you grinning from here!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8926564

Great gifts, Elfie.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
12:58 PM

Post #8926569

Betty,, She made my tree too!! Isn't it wonderful??? It will be a family treasure for sure!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2011
1:13 PM

Post #8926583

The tree is great. My word, all that in one box??? Grrrrreat!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2011
1:21 PM

Post #8926598

betty, lol

kris, glad it all came unbroken and you like everything
i was stressing on those ornaments.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8926612

Wow! Major score there and look at the love in those pressies.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2011
1:33 PM

Post #8926614

Tracking says Santa delivered a box to a 'good little girl' Saturday.

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
2:11 PM

Post #8926649

Liz,, that was one seriously great box,, and not one single thing was damaged!! Have to say again,,, THANK YOU!!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2011
2:48 PM

Post #8926693

How fabulous, Elfie! Everything's so wonderful and heard the Spirit of Christmas in your voice. Especially love the topper and shovel, very clever. Tell Ralphie I said "Happy Birthday"!
Thanks for making her day, Liz :) Beautiful job!

Mud_Elf

Mud_Elf
Elfie @ Goodwater,, AL
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
3:06 PM

Post #8926725

Fruity,,, Ralph says thank you!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8926739

Wow that was one great packing job or a huge box! Great pressies! You all that can paint and stuff are amazing and what wonderful gifts. For sure family treasures.

Mine went out today, the busiest day of the year! The po was empty when I got there then in 2 minutes there must of been 12 people in line...wowzer! So flying high with Santa are presents for a good little girl, well at least a big girl that tried hard to be good, well let's just say tried to be good, maybe not hard but sometimes tried...rofl. ;)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2011
3:31 PM

Post #8926765

Wow such an array of goodies everyone is getting. I hate to say but I forgot to use Christmas wrap on mine, SO SORRY. Went to my daughters house to wrap,(we combined our wrapping paper) took everything out of the box and then without thinking packed more paper around things, packed 'em tight and then proceeded to tape up the box. (The whole time a box of wrapping paper was 2ft away from me, duh, lol.). Ran it to the post office, later on my way home I realiized I forgot to wrap. So whoever gets my box, please forgive, (should be today). Smilely face below,lol. Kathy..

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2011
6:33 PM

Post #8926976

your very welcome kris oh btw happy birthday to ralph

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 13, 2011
4:00 AM

Post #8927424

Always a thrill to get your boxes Liz, you are just so creative...kris will enjoy displaying and wearing them for sure..yikes didn't wrap mine either...hang my head in shame!
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 13, 2011
5:44 AM

Post #8927502

Fruity, Thank you so much for the lovely box of goodies.
My sister was taken into the hospital so I've been busy.
Will post with pics soon.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 13, 2011
5:51 AM

Post #8927507

lovely items and so crafty! everyone here is so nice! got my box from santa Kathy, I love the red vase, and the ornament is awesome, Joe loved the nut dish, thanks! ( it is okay with me not wrapped, just would have gotten tore up anyway, right?)
edited because of all the misspells from meds I am taking, sorry.

This message was edited Dec 13, 2011 8:59 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 13, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8927578

Can't wait to see all the pictures of your goodies!

Cris, sending prayers for your Sister!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2011
6:32 PM

Post #8928480

Got my presents, yeahhhh!!! I will attempt to show pix if I can, got my new thingy-ma-bob,for downloading pix but something not right yet so will download when I figure it out. So until then here's a list of my goodies: Jar of Pepper Jellly (yumm), and toooo cute, got a Belly Button Duster, LOL. Got quite an assortment of ornaments: Snowman pillow, snowman with bell dangling, snowman with beads, angel, gingerbread pillow and another snowman. A snowman pin. And a wonderful wonderful Fairy windchime, just love it!!!!! Can't wait to see that in the garden.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 13, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8928592

Sweet buddy, my box was mailed to you this morning.

I Absolutely love all the beautiful things everyone is getting.

Today was not a good day for us. My baby-Destiny- lost the baby. She has cried most of the day. I'm trying to be strong for her, but its hard. Feeling hurt, numb, and empty.
I love you all,
Julieanne

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 13, 2011
7:52 PM

Post #8928671

So sorry to hear that Julie! Give her hugs from us please?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2011
8:33 PM

Post #8928738

I would have just ripped the paper off anyway, Betty. By the way, you must be out of tape...LOL Got to tell you how much hubby and I are enjoying your lighted glass block at the top of our stairs. It's so pretty! What kind of drill bit did you use to make the hole? I suspect it was a diamond bit and one hubby doesn't have in his collection.

Nothing I sent was wrapped either and took the lazy approach packing a few things in bags and others were stuffed into stockings.

(((((Julie and Cris)))))

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2011
1:35 AM

Post #8928864

Julie and Cris -

hugs to you both and please know you and your families are in my prayers.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
2:09 AM

Post #8928872

Hugs and prayers as well, girls. :(...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8929038

Hugs and prayers to all!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2011
6:31 AM

Post #8929047

Checked on my buds package and altho the usps had some strange posts it said it would be delivered today...so someone will have Christmas today I hope... fingers crossed. Ok, I get a gold star cause if I remember correctly I did wrap my pressies to my buddy but a good job it wasn't!..rofl Hard to wrap without a box, things kept poking thru and I sure didn't want to add any extra weight to the package with other boxes..LOL Oh I hope they like it.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 14, 2011
7:20 AM

Post #8929097

lol...yes, I do get tape happ!!! no chance of anything falling out..think customs stay away from checking what is inside as they do not want to tackle 1" of thick tape.

Julie, sending prayers for you and yours.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
3:41 PM

Post #8929735

Kathy, I'm sorry I blew right past you last night. You always show the prettiest flowers. It's OK to let the group know who your Secret Santa is :)

Well, with so many packages flying from Coast to Coast, I was sure some would have landed today. They possibly have and the recipient hasn't had a chance to let us know yet. The suspense is killing me...lol

We're rocking along at a really impressive pace, especially since Susie reminded me before we started that a couple of folks didn't receive their gifts til after Christmas. Thanks to all of you, that's not gonna happen this year!

If I've kept up with the excitement, these are the only folks waiting to receive...
1234dottie
ClanCampbell
Cville_Gardener
Robynznest

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8929752

OK!!!!!!! My buddies box is in the sleigh and ready to fly. The receipt said it should deliver Friday but the clerk said Saturday. Sooooooooooooo... Dottie, Chris and Carole, Robyn ... one of you will be receiving your Secret Santa box from me the end of this week. ^_^

Hope you feel it is worth the wait.

This message was edited Dec 14, 2011 6:21 PM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 14, 2011
4:13 PM

Post #8929782

Checking on the pretties Santa is delivering as well..perhaps it's taking him a bit longer as our snow has melted..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2011
6:28 PM

Post #8929919

my box went out today, and forgot to tell Kathy that this set of coasters from Colorado is the first set of coasters I have ever owned. Hubby is all set with one, now. Thanks!( no more water rings! ) Will take a pic of the red vase with pretty poinsettas in it this weekend when we get things going.. cute ornament is on our BIG BOY philo atm..
(((((((JULIE)))))) prayers are for you and yours, dear.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 7:33 AM
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8930478

Ok, this is a major test, I mailed 3 packages on the same day, everyone of the tracking information has been updated EXCEPT for the box for my Christmas buddy...rofl, this happens way too much to me!

Editted to say I guess all I had to do was Whine and finally in 3 days they updated it! What ever works...thank goodness! Must of inspected the box cause it should of been there before now...

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 10:09 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
8:54 AM

Post #8930582

Hey all ... Here is the link to a new swap I am hosting for January. (I'm having some help from some of the best hostess' in it!) It is the Sock, Sniff and Sip swap. Please check it out and share it with other threads you visit if you want to. Thanks!

Crit

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233609/

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
12:50 PM

Post #8930843

It's here, happ!! Oh, it is a fine box indeed. However, happ's card said Santa ratted me out, telling her I had been good all year but then he added, "Well, good for her anyway." To tell you the truth, I never did think he was really all he was cracked up to be. Jolly old fat man indeed. Pfffft. So there. :-D)))

Gosh, Joyce, this is all just wonderful. It's a wonderful life. Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la ♪♫♪♫♪

Here's the first picture. It's a beautiful metal yard stake with a wood and metal welcome sign. Cardinals are one of my favorite birds ... especially in the winter when they appear just brilliant in the yard against the green and sometimes white background. I love this. Luv, luv, luv it! Pefect!

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011

Post #8930858

But, wait, there are more goodies in this box ... a lovely hanging metal wind knocker adorned with butterflies (wonderful), a crocheted pot scrubber, great aloe socks (upside down), and a bag of candy. Yum! :-)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
1:45 PM

Post #8930904

And last but certainly not least, big bags o' bulbs. My word, woman. They all look so plump and healthy! I think they are all Daffodil/Narcissus but I haven't opened the mesh bags to check them out yet. Daffs are my favorite flowers, ya know. I think someone must have checked and found that out. ;-)

Thanks a million, Joyce. I do love everything and it all suits me to a T. ♥♥♥

Happy Holidays!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 15, 2011
1:47 PM

Post #8930908

Cool knocker, love it. What kind of candy and how much have you eaten already? It doesn't matter if the socks are upside down or not, that's the way you're going to see them on your feet, eh? I had one of those scrubbers but somehow the dogs got a hold of it and torn it apart. ***Me thinks someone who did not want to do dishes threw it at them.***

Everyone is receiving great pressies. I guess mine is going to be one of the best, cause it will be one of the last. Must be Santa DGer is really doing a great job for me. lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
1:58 PM

Post #8930921

Great box Carole! Joyce did it again! How wonderful.

And...if I ever visit you and the Welcome sign is gone after I leave "I didn't take it! LOL I love Cardinals and I agree about seeing them in the winter when the only color around is BROWN
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
2:31 PM

Post #8930962

Glad you like it. Boy I was worried when they didn't update the po website...

Those are all different kinds of daffs, I did see where you LOVED them. Couldn't figure out if it is too late to plant them or not or what, in fact I think on one forum I asked about it you popped in...rofl. So I am really sorry if it is, but I saw where they could be stored if nothing else.

Yeah you gotta watch that old fat man, but he did say you had been good, well as good as you could be...rofl... ;)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 15, 2011

Post #8930986

Great box of goodies for sure! How did you fit that pole in the box?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
2:45 PM

Post #8930987

LOL. Oh yes, I can still plant them here ... any time until the ground freezes, of course. And we haven't reached that point yet this year. In fact, some say early to mid-winter is a great time to plant daffs here. :) It was 70º today and yesterday and that is actually too warm to plant them. Needs to be consistently 60º or lower during the daytime. Soooo this is perfect for me. I'm excited. :-)

Well, off to eat some candy so I can tell Robin what it is. My motives are always altruistic, of course. (not)

Crit ... lol.

LK, the pole screws together in the middle. Nifty. ^_^
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
2:52 PM

Post #8930998

You know I searched for weeks for a box to fit the pole and it wasn't until I wrapped the pole did I figure out it was in two parts...rofl. With that vine going up it, I didn't think it came apart but I was determined I was sending it to you cause I knew you like cardnials. Oh I am so glad about the daffs, boy that caused me some real thought, yes/no, yes/no, yes/no... Then I was afraid they would freeze in the mail... maybe I worry too much..rofl.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8931148

Carole, those are very nice gifts and think happ did a fine job finding festive items for you that aren't regular Christmas fare that you don't do. And look at the load of bulbs! Cardinals are our State Bird and love seeing them year-round. Oh how funny, happ, being wishy washy whether or not to include the daff bulbs. You're such a good detective...lol

Carole, you're such a wealth of knowledge and always learn something from you. Does that mean it's still not too late for me to plant Dutch Iris bulbs? Our temps have been much like yours and it's still unseasonably warm.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 8:36 PM

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 15, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8931194

Got my thing-a -ma-gig for puter working. YEAH!!! New pix. Here's my Christmas
haul,lol. Thankyou Santa!!! Hugs!!!!!
Cville...can I have that 70 degree temps for the weekend, got just a bit more to get into the ground. Please!!!! LOL.
Kathy

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
6:19 PM

Post #8931204

Those are so pretty, Kathy! Bet you're in snowman heaven.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2011
6:29 PM

Post #8931218

Really nice Kathy! What is the half hoop looking wire thiney in the pic? Aren't Snowmen your state animal... ;)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 15, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8931277

LOL Happ. Must be correct. lol. Santa does have a workshop down by Pike's Peak, 'bout 50 miles from here. The hoop thingy is my windchime, A fairy winchime, love fairies!!!!!!
Fruit, yes love the snowmen but putting them out of sight for a week, have to finish in the yard and I don't want them getting any ideas til then!!!!! LOL
Pix is Thermopsis montana, native to the Rockies, but I bought this one. Kathy.

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 15, 2011
8:11 PM

Post #8931359

nice boxes wow

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2011
8:28 PM

Post #8931406

how cool to see the boxes come in.. they are all great! Love that native yellow bloom, very very pretty.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
2:13 AM

Post #8931653

Oh, nice, nice box, Kathy. I would send you the weather if I could. It is going to drop into the 40s and 50s this week with a few below freezing temps at night. It has been up and down like a roller coaster this year. But it looks good to plant my bulbs this week. The ground won't freeze with the daytime temps like that.

Gosh, Fruity, I don't know about the Dutch iris bulbs. I'm only the daff expert, if that. Read that x-pert. LOL. ^_^

Happ, too funny about the pole. It really is a sweet set-up. I do love it. Can't get much better than cardinals ... and you are right, Fruit, she did an excellent job of selecting the gifts. It's going out front this morning.

Robin, the bag contains Russell Stover chocolate mint cremes and RS caramels, Andies type mints, and some adorable little candy canes. The bag is considerably emptier this morning. :-D

This is one of my favorite shots. I can just imagine the expression on the cardinals' faces looking at all those crows eating everything in sight. "Who invited you???" LOL.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
2:18 AM

Post #8931656

Or just read that, daffy. ^_^

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8931718

kathy how invassive is the plant is it wild in your area or dose it clump ? very pretty.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8931751

Oh Cville, that does look like winter...wowzer! The cardinals do look a little stunned...rofl.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
8:40 AM

Post #8931939

Great stuff there. Love the pic of the cardinals and crows. Wish I could figure out a way to get rid of them. I did shoot at a bunch of them in the air with a 410, hoping I could chase them away to some other place. Worked for a while.

My conf. # has not been updated since 12/14 when it was processed through the Tulsa distribution center. Hoping it delivers today. If not, tomorrow????

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 16, 2011
1:32 PM

Post #8932299

You need to fill that bag back up so you have something to nibble on when you're watching those birds.

Nothing for me today except a box from the inlaws.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
1:44 PM

Post #8932328

LOL.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
2:13 PM

Post #8932383

ewhhhh Carole, I ate one of those candy canes or started to and they were nasty! Have you tried them yet...yuck...sorry who would of thought candy canes could be yucky! Next time I will have to taste test everything before I send it...rofl.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
2:29 PM

Post #8932394

DH had one but he said it was good. Maybe it was just that one you had?? I'll try mine. ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8932982

Happy Birthday Julie! Hope you have a great day!

Thumbnail by taters55

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2011
7:53 AM

Post #8932993

My box hopefully will deliver today. Conf. shows it is in the town and being processed to deliver. Crossing fingers!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2011
11:46 AM

Post #8933258

I got the most wonderful box today from Santa Debra. She went all out, I'm in Snowman Heaven. She sent a snowman sno globe, snowman shelf sitter, 4 snowmen placemats, snowman napkins, snowman Christmas cards pack of 20 the perfect amount, a brass candlestick holder with candle. 2 solar lights with snowflakes on them, the cutest little Let it Snow snowman ornament. Lotion and spray, Russel Stover candies, Skinny Cow candy, and Mocha instant coffee, Christmas socks and the cutest snowmen card. Did I a say I love snowmen? lol I do ya know. Debra this is a fantastic box, it really made my day. DH and I were looking at placemats the other day and he talked me out of them, I'm so glad he did, I love these, he said 'there aren't you happy now' the smart aleck. My reply was 'now I need to go get at least 6 more so I can have enough for everyone to have one at Christmas dinner'. He rolled his eyes.

Thank you so much Debra, you hit everything on the head full force. If I could get away with it I would have snowmen out all year ( but they have to be fake, cause I hate the cold and snow.)

here's the first pic.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2011
11:47 AM

Post #8933260

pic #2

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2011
11:49 AM

Post #8933262

Pic #3.

Again Thank you so much Debra, I love it all.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2011
12:47 PM

Post #8933313

Wow ... that was worth the wait, Robin. Nice box, Debra. ♥♥♥

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 17, 2011
2:00 PM

Post #8933354

Did you say you like snowmen??? Love all those pressies!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2011
2:53 PM

Post #8933396

Oh yeah! I like snowmen.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 17, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8933450

YAY! the globe didn't get bwoken! I had fun, Robyn.. and Thanks for letting me play in this swap!
Love my friends here on DG..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8933578

Oh Robyn, those are so darn cute. What a great box!
Debra always sends the best box.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2011
6:57 PM

Post #8933687

Robin, that is such an excellent box of Happy Snowmen! I felt you smiling while you admired each if your gifts :) Thank you, Debra, for being so thoughtful!

Happy Birthday, Julie. I hope today you were surrounded by family and loved ones. Gosh time flies and can't believe another year has passed.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8933708

The clock is ticking with only a week to go til Christmas, and the only participants who haven't received or haven't posted what they received yet are...

1234dottie and ClanCampbell

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 18, 2011
9:19 AM

Post #8934288

Thanks for the birthday wish, Taters!

Gosh, I love all those snowmen! Beautiful!

I mailed my buddy's box Tuesday! Said it would take 2-3 days, but I guess with the Christmas rush, it's taking longer. I'll have to check my DC receipt!

love to all, julieanne
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2011
10:09 AM

Post #8934343

I guess my buddy wasn't home for delivery yesterday or something. Tracking shows a notice sent at 9:49 and again at 3:09. Dottie, Chris ... one of you is getting from me and the other from Julie. ^_^ Hope you get them Monday!

My DC receipt said Friday but the postal lady told me it would probably be Saturday, and it was.
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 18, 2011
1:57 PM

Post #8934541

Today I received a notice I have a package at the post office. Tomorrow I get to pick up my package!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2011
2:13 PM

Post #8934562

Yay, dottie, can't want to see what's in it. ^_^

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 18, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8934617

Be sitting here waiting for photo's as well..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 18, 2011
4:43 PM

Post #8934734

happy belated birthday Julie I am so sorry to have missed it..
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 18, 2011
5:25 PM

Post #8934769

I had Christmas this weekend with my family. It went real well. All presents I bought was ok. Even the cloths I picked out. I actually had more stress waiting the last day for everyon to get here. Being with your loved ones is the most precious gift of all. I hope all of you have a special wonderful Christmas as well.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8934934

Good for you, Dottie. I know how anxious you were and am so glad the day went well for you. If you're like me, you're glad it's behind you. We had to wait a bit longer than expected yesterday for the rest of my family and their friends to arrive before we ate our Christmas dinner and opened gifts afterwards. Gift cards galore. Christmas to me is really all about kids, but since we don't have any I picked a couple of Angels off one of the local trees. I think my MIL was more thrilled with the tub of Chex Party mix than anything else...lol. SIL reported this morning as she was leaving for the airport that my MIL had the tub in her lap again and was picking out certain bites when she said, "Well, I guess I can say I had cereal for breakfast." She'll be 80 next week and thought that was cute.

1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 18, 2011
8:48 PM

Post #8935014

You know I think the older you get the more you appreciate a gift. As an adult sometimes you may go for years without a real thoughtful gift. I have seen elderly people get such a blessing from getting a gift with love. Seniors enjoy the season just as much as kids I believe. I believe it is us folks that are in between that get all the work involved. Lol. I have four grand kids had a grand time with them. Yes I am glad all the headaches are done. All the cooking and baking. We sure did enjoy eating all the food we only get at Christmas time. We devoured a whole ham. I got beans soaking tonight to use the ham bone in! Usually we have some left. My Christmas cookies are ate by my nephews the same way they ate them when they were little. Some things never change. Couldn't wait for there doggie bag to take some home. Well everyone have a merry Christmas.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 19, 2011
1:17 AM

Post #8935113

Julie -

Happy belated birthday. Hope it was a grand one!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
2:49 AM

Post #8935132

Ditto Julie. ^_^
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8935263

Can't wait to see everyones gifts that are arriving. So much fun.

I truely enjoy buying for the adults and it is so much fun, because like you said Dottie, I think adults assume the kids will get the cool presents, and I really really try hard to get them something they really want. The kiddos are not forgotten but there seems to be an overage of toys lavished on them. I always bought savings bonds, but in 2012 they are changing how that is all done so not sure what I am doing next year. Sides I could plan on those and buy all year so it didn't hit so hard at the holiday...
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 19, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8935359

Got my box today. It was such fun opening it up. My husband kept asking why are you laughing. Everything I was looking at was snowmen. I am all the time buying my own stuff with snowman on them. It is such a treat to receive some I didn't buy. Crit you sent me some nice stuff. First I got a beautiful little snowman holding a bird house ornament. I love it. You made me a handmade scarve. Green is one of my favorites. My coat is green as well!
Christmas socks I have never had Christmas socks before! I will treasure and bring out at Christmas the stocking you made me with my name on it. The snowmen on it makes it perfect for me. And hen the tools I can use in my garden. I am always looking for another shovel I keep misplacing mine when I'm busy. Finishing up with some pine cones scented with something. I'm very happy. I will take pictures soon. Thanks Crit. Very nice.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
7:38 AM

Post #8935378

Sounds like a beautiful box full of goodies, dottie, and well suited to your likes. ^_^

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2011
7:47 AM

Post #8935393

Sounds like a great box, course I'm a snowman lover so they would sound great to me. Good job Crit.

Happy belated BDay Julie. Thought I had posted yesterday, but it either went into space or I was spacey, which isn't the first time. lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2011
8:58 AM

Post #8935477

Sounds like a frat box of goodies Dottie? Can't wait to see your pictures!

I think that leaves one box to arrive?

Great job everyone!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2011
3:45 PM

Post #8936015

Holy cow...I'm the last one?? I received my box on Saturday.. what wonderful things in there too! Let me get the pics uploaded and I'll be back to show it off..

HUGS to my buddy.. woohoo!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8936193

Ok, here are the pics.. Julie (Froggies_Girl) was my Santa and boy, she did a terrific job!! I'll have to show it all in 2 different pics :)

This pic shows:
6 crocus and 1 allium (can't wait to plant these!)
Adorable snowman dish towel and pot holders (You have ESP-I had bought those cause they have a cardinal on them and was going to go back for another set!)
2 packages of hot hand warmers.. these will be wonderful for inside my gloves :)
3 blue snowmen..I love these..they're sitting on my kitchen table as a centerpiece!
A door mat with a Snowman on it and "Deck the halls"
Poinsetta in a can- this will be fun to try out..it's a package with seeds and everything
Mulling spice..yum!!
3 little Cobblestone Corner statues..will be cute to set up in a miniature garden!
4 'acorn' tree ornaments..Miss Sarah was eyeballing those, so they're now put up REAL high lol

This was amazing and I can't believe there was more!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2011
5:52 PM

Post #8936202

Now the 2nd pic!

You can see what's front and center- a box of choclate covered cherries..I love these things!
A tall Santa statue..so cute :)
A windchime with FROGS.. thank you!! I'll think of you every time I look at it :)

And last.. this is so pretty!! It's a door decoration with a star at the top that's made with wire and grapevine and has 3 long strands of jingle bells- the middle one is a snowman. I need to get a better pic of it to show it off..

Thank you Julie.. it was amazing to keep pulling present after present out of the box :) I love it all!!

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2011
6:10 PM

Post #8936220

Chris, I think she Has made you very happy with your box of goodies? Nice job Julie!
Dottie we are waiting to see what you got.

Fruity, I think this is the last of the boxes? Another wonderful swap!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8936258

awesome goodies I am so happy for everyone and am so glad to have been in this swap. Thanks to all of you Hostesses with the mostesess.. erm, however you say it..

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2011
6:47 PM

Post #8936265

Great box Chris, never heard of a Pointsttia in a can. Are they seeds for one, always heard they weren't viable.

Anyway thank you to our hostesses and thank you again for a wonderful Christmas box Debra. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011

Post #8936319

All you Elves did an amazing job this year sending such thoughtful gifts and went out of your way to make sure your buddy's gifts arrived well before next Sunday. Thank you so much for spreading Christmas cheer. Many of us need it this time of year as we miss our loved ones. You're all very special friends!

Dottie and Cris, we'd love to see pics of your pressies when it's a convenience time for you. This is a busy time of year and understand how more pressing issues take precedence. And Cris I hope your Sis is alright.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 19, 2011
7:42 PM

Post #8936338

For those wondering about Thermopsis, is related to lupine I believe and clumps, think the largest one I had previously was about 18-24" wide. Am done planting for the season, got things lined out in rows bout 6" deep, and what I didn't get in the rows were put on the northwest side close to the house. Hope that holds em til spring. Now I'm ready for winter, bring on the snow. Oh, woops, stil gotta get my kitchen things, after they are delivered then it can snow. lol. Shopping all done, still wrapping things to get under my daughter's tree. Now I'm on to Christmas baking. Made 10 lbs of fudge today: plain, kirch flavored ( cherry), Chambord (think is raspberry) and Grand Mariner (orange). Tomorrow COOKIES, yum!!! Hope eveyone has a happy holiday and a wonderful new year..., flowers are coming!!! Pix: Rudolf and the gang next to my garage. they're about ready for their Christmas flight, hope they get lost along the way (teehee). Night all. Kathy.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8936354

awwwww... what a beautiful place and sight you have there.. mmmmm I love fudge.. I have to get busy baking soon..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2011
7:46 PM

Post #8936355

Fruit, scroll up, Chris posted her pictures.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8936378

I hope those 'reindeers' fly back to the North Pole, Kathy. We have plenty of them around here too. BTW, that's a great capture. Haven't thought about Chambord for years and a spoonful is downright decadent over Vanilla ice cream.

LK, I was referring to Cris316, not Missy Clan :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2011
3:05 AM

Post #8936618

Great box, Chris and Julie. Last but definitely not least at all. ^_^

Great swap, Fruity and LK.

Happy Holidays to one and all! ♥♥♥

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8936844

If I don't talk to you all in the next few days, I'm letting you know now I'm going to be very busy, but will try to keep in touch. We went from Christmas being just the 2 of us to having the whole fam damily. So now I'm gonna be shopping and cleaning. I'm so glad I got all the baking done before now. whew I'm worn out already.

Merry Christmas to all of you and a very Happy New Year. Love and Hugs to all of you.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2011
8:24 AM

Post #8936872

great box and another great swap merry christmas everyone.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8936903

I'm so glad you liked you box Dottie. I hope it was worth the wait!!! With the arthritis in my hands, I can only do a little craft work at a time, so it takes me longer to make things like the scarf and sock, than it use to. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8936910

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all! If your traveling, please be safe and have lots of fun!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2011
10:24 AM

Post #8936978

Everyone Did Wonderful!!!!!
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to all...
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2011
12:02 PM

Post #8937025

Merry Christmas everyone, I will be around a few more days...cause I am at work...rofl.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2011
3:20 PM

Post #8937208

I need to be off work. If I can just get through Thursday, then I am off until the first of the year.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2011
5:28 PM

Post #8937347

I am at work until friday at 4 ugh.. hope all of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Thumbnail by joeswife

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 21, 2011
6:44 AM

Post #8938014

So enjoyed this swap..know most of you are busy..want to wish one and all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year!!!

before I forget,

did you know Santa is Canadian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei3rTITyOhY

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8938033

Merry Christmas EH!!!!!!!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 21, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8938152

[quote="ridesredmule"]Merry Christmas EH!!!!!!![/quote]

^_^

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
9:58 AM

Post #8938198

Dottie & Chris ... have you had a chance to get a pic to post of your box, or did I miss them?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
12:11 PM

Post #8938345

Chris's pictures are up there. ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2011
2:17 PM

Post #8938465

She is talking about the other Cris.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
2:40 PM

Post #8938480

I see. ^_^. She hasn't posted for awhile. But it's a busy time of year.
1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 21, 2011
3:01 PM

Post #8938492

Here are two pictures of my pressies.

Thumbnail by 1234dottie

1234dottie
Morgantown, WV

December 21, 2011

Post #8938493

One more picture.

Thumbnail by 1234dottie

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
5:34 PM

Post #8938621

Very nice, Dottie. Thanks for giving us a peek into your latest snowman land.
Patti, I don't crochet but as a casual knitter (with a touch of arthur in my hands too), I can appreciate knowing how much the scarf you made was a labor of love.

From Cris316 up there on December 13th. "Fruity, Thank you so much for the lovely box of goodies. My sister was taken into the hospital so I've been busy. Will post with pics soon." We're all thinking of you, Cris, and truly hope your Sis is better and at home now.

This is a long thread especially for dial-up friends (Carole and ?) but we're near the end so I won't start another thread for just a few more posts. Hope that's OK with everybody.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 21, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8938799

Yeah santa may be Canadian but his critters are still roaming my yard. LOL!!! I guess it's only a couple more days til santa collects them, EH. Hope he wants the herd of doe also.
Boy, what a great bunch of presents and santa's helpers. Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Thanks everyone and of course our hostesses. Merry Christmas to all and a fabulous New Year..
Pix: snowing here this afternoon and eve til tomorrow afternoon and then headed east for the rest of you. They are saying 11-13" here where I am. Kathy.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2011
1:15 AM

Post #8939016

Nice, Dottie. And Cris, take care of yourself and Sis.

Thanks, Fruity ... I'm good ... for a dinosaur. ^_^

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 22, 2011
3:55 AM

Post #8939053

Just love the homemade pressie's!!

I am so enjoying my sleigh and snowman, infact I went through more Christmas boxes and found a Mrs. Santa for him..they match to a "t"

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 22, 2011
6:51 AM

Post #8939167

Chris, so glad you liked the pressies! The "door hanger" was something I put together to resemble a wind chime!

This was a great swap. I wish all of you a Merry and Blessed Christmas. love to all, julieanne

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2011
6:56 AM

Post #8939174

Same to you Julie! Stay warm!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2011
3:35 PM

Post #8939659

You did make it?? I wondered :) I love it and yes, I noticed how it looked like a windchime! Using the grapevine was excellent!

I agree- what a fun swap! I have a few favorite ones and this is one of the top ones :)

Thank you Miss Fruitness.. a great job as always!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2011
4:15 PM

Post #8939685

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Fruity and LK, thanks for a great swap!!!! Can't wait till next year's!!!!

Joy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2011
9:22 AM

Post #8940487

DON'T FORGET OUR XMAS IN JULY SWAP SO GRAB UP THOSE AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES , WE LOVE SNOWMEN IN SUMMER ALSO :) oH & A FEW BAKED GOODIES .
THANK YOU LADIES FOR A GREAT SWAP .
SUSIE
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2011
10:57 AM

Post #8942367

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! Hope Santa was good to you!

Remember the Sock, Sniff and Sip Swap coming up in January! Taking signups now. Deliveries by January 31st.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8942508

Merry Christmas to all you Elves!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2011
8:25 PM

Post #8943775

[quote="deejay9"]DON'T FORGET OUR XMAS IN JULY SWAP SO GRAB UP THOSE AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES , WE LOVE SNOWMEN IN SUMMER ALSO :) oH & A FEW BAKED GOODIES .
THANK YOU LADIES FOR A GREAT SWAP .
SUSIE [/quote]

hope someone reminds me!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2011
6:27 AM

Post #8943982

This was a great swap. I think I am ready for the downtime in January after the wonderful Christmas.
Good idea deejay! Altho I am not sure I can sit foot in a store right now...rofl.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2011
9:48 AM

Post #8944207

i'M SURE THERE WILL STILL BE SPECIAL BUYS AFTER THE 1ST OF THE YEAR :) get rested HAPP :)))
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

December 29, 2011
11:14 AM

Post #8946625

Sorry it took so very long to post! My sister is finally at home and is doing well.
Once back home I tripped on the stairs & wrenched my knee and wasn't able
to access the puter. My leg was propped up with ice bags most of the day.

Now to the goodies that I received from Fruity and the list is lengthy.
Not pictured because they got eaten are the Godiva Chocolate Gems
(just about gone by the next day) and Kahlua Chocolates which my DH
devoured just as quickly.
A bag of Starbucks coffee, a Sharing Sweetness candle which currently is burning
on my desk. An Angel nightlight, Christmas stocking (green stripe showing),
a jingle bell door hanger, decorative Christmas tree, "Peace" garden flag & hanger.
"Peace" wooden decorative peace and finally a Food Network magazine chock full
of the most yummy looking recipes - I just can't wait till I have a leg to stand on to test them out.

Thanks so much for the terrific swap Fruity. Everything is just wonderful.

Thumbnail by Cris316

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 29, 2011
11:34 AM

Post #8946638

Cris - hope both you and your sister are feeling better...

Looks like Fruity packed quite a nice gift - don't you just love Foodnetwork Magazine? I am an FN addict, and my name is... ^_^

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8946647

You girls always do wonderful gifts. Happy New year to all...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
7:49 AM

Post #8947533

Fruity packs the most GLORIOUS boxes!!!! Great stuff there Cris.

She sent me some Starbucks Dark coffee that I am in love with! It is the greatest stuff. And yes, the chocolates are 'to die for'.

Congrats Cris and you did it again Fruity!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011

Post #8948108

Glad you and your sis are recovering, Cris, and that you're back with us. Enjoy your goodies or what's left.

Thanks everybody for another fun swap. Everybody be healthy and happy as we ring in another New Year and be safe if you're going out.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 30, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8948407

ANOTHER GREAT SWAP LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHRISMAS IN JULY :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2011
8:54 PM

Post #8948486

Me too!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2011
8:16 AM

Post #8948800

Happy New Year everyone, and we will be back for Christmas in July, and Susie you sparked me to get back out in the stores one more time...rofl.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2011

Post #8948848

Happy New Year! Can you even believe it is New Years already? Time seems to be spinning out of control!

This was such a great swap.

Christmas in July - I take that swap is for Christmas items in July? That sounds like fun!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2011
2:57 PM

Post #8949230

Oooh, oooh, What is Christmas in July? Guess I missed that one this last summer, LOL. Happy New Year to all, just remember spring is just around the corner. Sooner for some than others like me. Lol. Kathy.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2012
5:00 AM

Post #8949682

Come on July. Right now I would take April.

Happy New Year!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2012

Post #8949777

Happy New Year everyone. 2012 will be a great year. Seems the older I get that time speeds up by that much more...strange.

Robyn, you in southern Missouri must have much better weather than us in northern Missouri...rofl. Our master gardeners use to have our plant sale the first weekend in May and we have had to change it to the weekend before memorial day because our plants aren't up here far enough to get starts and get them big enough to wow the buyers. Non-plant people want big plants not starts. I have started taking starts in the summer before in order to get a jump start which helps if they survive, but I am still always trying to get more. Maybe I will try ws and see if I can get anything to donate.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 2, 2012
10:40 AM

Post #8951425

Happy new year everyone...

We've moved our plant sale to 3rd Saturday in June because of the weather..
Blizzard conditions here today..time can't fly by fast enough so I can play in the gardens

Always thrilled to do Christmas in July swap!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #8952982

Sock, Sniff and Sip swap being hosted by me for January. Sign up until January 15 with mail outs by January 31st. Check it out!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233609/#new

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #8954282

Joyce, I keep forgetting to ask you where in KC you are.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2012
4:43 AM

Post #8957784

Actually I am north of KC about 40 miles, in Plattsburg. I work in downtown KC down by Crown Center and Union Station. Nice drive everyday...rofl. Are you on the lake or near the city? Grew up in Independence, hometown of Harry Truman...never lived in the country until DH and I moved out here, after about 20 years of driving I am a little tired of it..

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #8957808

I know where you are, I lived in Indep. when I was little then we moved out to Belton where I mostly grew up. I have lived all around the Lake of the Ozarks going on 40 year, this past year we moved to the next lake over on Pomme de Terre. Closest 'any big thing" around here is Boliver and then Camdenton which is 40 miles away. We are in a little the town of Pittsburg which is about 100 people and we are surrounded on three sides by the lake. We love it here, very quiet..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #8957817

Sounds beautiful. My Mom after my Dad passed away moved to the lake of the ozarks, down by Warsaw, Mo in 1969. They had bought the house in about 1961 so we spent alot of time down on the lake, boating and water skiing. Alot of great memories.

I grew up in Kansas City, then they sort of settled in Independence down by a little shopping area called Englewood. My sisters still live around there. I moved to North Carolina, then Colorado, then Texas before moving back and getting a house. I met DH and moved to Leavenworth KS which seemed like the boonies, then we bought this place and really moved out to the boonies...LOL But I love it also, especially when I retire and won't have to drive to work. We are about 2300 people so we do have some shops and restuarants so that is good. Heck we have a pizza hut...rofl.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #8957852

Ok Carolyn, I have to thank you again. I just opened the blueberry jam and OMG it is wonderful! Everyone is asleep still and I decided to have toast and opened your jam you gave me. I like blueberries so I figured I would like it but it is amazing!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2012
8:45 AM

Post #8958040

Oh Joyce -

Thank you. I enjoy making jams, jellies and pickling veggies.

My husband is a blueberry fiend, so I started years ago to make blueberry jam for him. Another family favorite has been the Strawberry Lemon - I might do that one again this year.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #8958130

Well I will only admit this to you, put it was so darn good I ate it for lunch. Now toast for breakfast and toast for lunch...rofl. Your family is very lucky to have food like that available, I would have to say it is the best jam I have ever had. Is there a touch of cinnamon or not? I haven't opened the other jar honey peach so maybe tomorrow morning if I can stop eating the blueberry I will get out the honey peach. I am going to guess it will be just as good. Thank you for sharing with me.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #8958148

Ooooo beautiful jars of jam!!! ♥♥♥ Lucky you, Joyce. ^_^

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2012
3:58 PM

Post #8958430

if you all want a wonderful jam & a great way to use up any GREEN TOMATOs still on the vine at end of season
this is the best yet . :)

ALMOST RASPBERRY JAM
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Almost-Raspberry-Jam

another great toast spread is
PUMPKIN BUTTER
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-butter/
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2012
4:19 PM

Post #8958454

Joyce

You flatter me. Thank you so much. It means a lot to me. My daughter is always asking for more jam or pickled veggies and my younger brother just told me recently his fav is my pickled green beans. I do love to cook and to experiment with things. Yes there is cinnamon in both the peach and the blueberry jams.

Susie - thank you for the recipes. I will have to give them a try as well.

Carolyn

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #8958921

Joyce, Warsaw is only 20 miles from me.

Carolyn, you and I arre two peas in a pod, I love doing the cooking, baking,canning, jamming and experimenting. The kids always seem to run out before the next garden is even in the ground and they want what I hsave hoarded for DH and myself.

Susie, thanks for the recipes, but I'm not sure if I can give up very many of my green tomatoes. I love my fried gt and my chow chow and the pickled gt. too much. But I will give it a try (must force myself to not use all them green maters for my favs.)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 8, 2012
6:14 AM

Post #8958962

Morning, now you have me hungering to get my Dh favorite canning/pickling recepies out just to savor the smells once in my kitchen

LindaKay, you provided a link on u-tube, easy make blockes, tried one this a.m. Measurement were not given, made one, easy, beautiful looking clocks but 16" blocks...fabulous method now I have to play..not a loss as the 4 quarters I have I can re purpose and use for this blanket

You have me addicted!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #8959045

BETTY WHAT IS THE LINK FOR THAT U-TUBE I CA SHARE WITH MY SIL SHE MADE ME A QUILT FOR XMAS IT IS A BEAUTY JUST A LITTLE SHORT FOR THE BED I HAVE BUT I MAKE DO. ;) WILL TAKE A PICTURE OF IT .

WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT DAY SUSIE
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #8959060

Thought every great once in awhile I could just a taste of cinnamon. It is so darn good.
You all may even get me to try to do it some time. A cook I am not but when you get to taste things homemade and they are so darn good, kind of like home grown veggies versus store bought makes me think I should try it.
Susie please post a pic.
Oh yes I want to see the quilt making video, please post the link.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2012
9:14 AM

Post #8959154

ok here is the bedspread i rec'd for xmas from my SIL & I Love it :) she had help from her DIL with it & Yes i have put my request for another one :) hehe. this is my 1st Homemade quilt .

Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 8, 2012
9:26 AM

Post #8959164

Betty, I don't recall which one I posted, can you copy it here please?

Susie, love that quilt!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 8, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #8959210

Great one LindaKay, think it resulted from further checking sites..got to figure how to link on I pad..going out in a bit but did take photo's of each step.

size was the problem' , didnt give the size, still playing with it and think end result that im doing will give me a 12 1/2 block..

sew a strip pieces 26" in length until you get about 13 " high...I used 1 1/2"' 2" , 2 1/2" wide lengths, just anything you have laying around

From this sewn piece, cut 2 (10 1/2 " ) squares
Will explain next step in a bit

Finished two blocks, enough to make 6 more from what i played with this morning by adding to it, but with the dimensions i just gave you i think i can form proper blocks

This message was edited Jan 9, 2012 6:48 AM

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
3:51 AM

Post #8960108

As I previously said, posted on wrong thread but here goes, now that someone was interested I'll post...just give me a day to perfect the 12 1/2 inch block lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
4:10 AM

Post #8960121

then cut into 2 - 10 1/2 inch blocks (remember I'm just playing with block size to get a finished 12 1/2)

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
4:13 AM

Post #8960122

Once the 2 blocks are cut, position good sides together with fabric going parallel on one block and vertically on the 2nd block, pin together

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
4:16 AM

Post #8960126

Now sew around the entire block (no opening)

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
4:22 AM

Post #8960129

Cut corner to coner making 4 pieces

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #8960135

so many variable

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2012
4:59 AM

Post #8960157

Betty, those are going to be so pretty! And an easy way to make those blocks!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #8960209

yes, I don't know if you would do them for an heirloom quilt but for using up scraps without effort, that is the way to go!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #8960226

Beautiful colors...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2012
8:29 AM

Post #8960432

Really cool Betty, I want to try that one of these days. When you get the demensions the way you want please post. You're great at this. Thank you.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2012

Post #8960471

Susie, what a beautiful quilt. I saw the birds on the blocks, and they surely thought of you when making it. I just love it. I don't have anyone in my family that makes things like that. One sister use to crochet but she hasn't done that in forever.

Betty, those are a beautiful finished block. Love the Christmass colors, that would make a great table runner.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 10, 2012
10:54 AM

Post #8961987

Betty where did you pick up the candycane material, just love it. I want to start quilting again but other things on the to do list for a while, (remodeling kitchen a bit). But I can always add to my stash, lol. In years past, winters were used for quilting and growing from seed. Not sure if I will be growing many things this winter because I always end up with so much at the end of the season. Although...I do have alot of ground to cover yet and a bunch of trades. LOL. Here's a pix of my backyard, clean slate. I'm just beginning to gather my paint pallette (plants).

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #8962066

I believe it was from a small quilt shop here in the area...she's just moved over the holidays, when next I visit will ask if she has some in storage..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #8962091

Kathy, that is a clean slate, wowzer. Looks like lots of area to me, it will be beautiful.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 10, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #8962175

Saying wow Kathy, can't imagine that amount of work being ahead. Of me..is it a recent photo?

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2012
1:40 PM

Post #8963696

Yes it is recent, Oct. I'm thinking. Back yard is odd shaped, Back fence is 81ftX107ft (side)X94ft (house side)X40ft(other side). I have one pipe for the well which sticks out of the ground 12 or so inches, which I have to disguise with plants that will hide it. Other than that is nothing but wild grasses and a few weeds, so yes is completely an open pallete to work with. Exciting and daunting, lol. I won't be putting any grass in, only trees, shrubs and flowers, any and all the most fragrant things I can find and afford. This area is heavily slopped to the house and the spring rains produce heavy run off from properties above me. Soooo, I have many challenges, the biggest is money enough to do it, inexpensively!!! And all by myself. I am considering some kind of French drain system to divert the water away from the house as I get flooding in the crawlspace when the rain is so abumdant. Still thinking on this one as the ground changes level to uphill just where the drain needs to be. I'm thinking of using plastic drain pipe to divert some of the water away from the main section of the backyard and as many plants that will break the flow of water and maybe soak up some. Mulching will deffinately be out of the equation. Can't build a retaining wall (expensive and would create problems for water flow), I may have to contact the county and let them tell me how much I can safely divert. Exciting and daunting, yup that pretty much describes it, lol. Probably need about a 36" culvert to do the job, lol, only joking, (I hope). All this for a summer storm that only happens once in the summer and not every summer. Happened 2 years in a row and not the three years previous. And then after it leaves the backyard as it is, it travels (water) through the main part of my garden, hence me having lost many newly planted perenns. and loss of soil down and out the culvert to end 1/2 mile down the road to my neighbors. Ya, Ya, I know, I asked to live in the country. lol. Any cheap ideas out there??? Back fence will be outlined with common lilacs (deer deterant from jumping the fence). The inner area will be trees and twiggy shrubs to help break the water flow and then perenns. Guess you shouln't have asked, lol. Kathy. Pix shows the downward slope thru the main border out to the road at the top of the pix (200ft downhill).

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 11, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #8963835

Again, what an undertaking..glad it is you and not me! On the up side, when I moved to thos house there was nothing but a couple of daylillies, now I've many gardens so it can be achieved with a lot of hard labor.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2012
8:21 AM

Post #8971229

I use to do a LOT of canning when my family was growing up. Loved doing all the veggies and jams. The strawberry freezer jam was my favorite. So easy! And my GMIL would take our strawberry jam to Idaho where there was family and trade for freezer raspberry jam. It was awesome!!! I don't do too much freezing or canning anymore since is just 2nd DH and I. He misses out on a lot of the good cooking I use to do. lol 1st H and I ran a custom harvesting crew 6 months out of the year and I cooked for my family and 6-10 hired men during that time we were on the road. You can't keep a crew if you can't cook. LOL

Susie ... that quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!! You are a very lucky woman to have such a good SIL.

Betty ... you do such wonderful stuff too. I am envious of you all that can do such beautiful work!

OK, I am inspired now. I am going to do some canning and freezing this summer for my DH. He is so wonderful and deserves some of that same treatment! ^_^ You all hold me to it, OK????

Patti
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 17, 2012
9:00 AM

Post #8971295

Love doing the veggies and jams - Crit - would you want to share some recipes? I have some I can send too...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2012
1:15 PM

Post #8971586

Sure, but I will have to find them. lol Moved several times since then. The Strawberry freezer jam is in the box of the pectin, I know that, but may of saved it also.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 17, 2012
4:03 PM

Post #8971838

oohhh... sounds good! Looking forward to recipes when you have a chance... I need to unearth mine as well. ^_^

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2012

Post #8972589

Crit I had to smile over doing for "H" things that "DH" has missed out on, I was just thinking about that over the weekend. I agree with you I need to get with it.

I planted blackberry bushes last spring, so I need directions on what to do with all my strawberries and blackberries...please share.
Editted to ask if anyone has some 'sugar-free' or no sugar-added directions?

This message was edited Jan 18, 2012 9:09 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #8972613

In the package of Sure-Gel pectin are recipe's for jams. I use the Strawberry freezer jam and love it. It would work with blackberries too I'm sure. Blackberry jelly/jam is my FAVORITE! (hint hint) LOL
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 18, 2012
8:37 AM

Post #8972750

hhhmmmm - mine too. sounds good!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2012
6:05 PM

Post #8973472

OH ... BTW ... I have put up a link for a Valentines Day swap if anyone is interested. Here is the link:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1238335/
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #8985196

Crit if I get enough blackberries and the jam is edible, I will gladly send you some, course that is alot of IF'S... ;)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
5:54 PM

Post #8987192

oh happ... I could just kiss you! ^_^

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America