-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8916936

After much consideration I have decided to go ahead and change the way the Birthday Club works. I think in deference to the economic times we are in I am going to change this from a gifting kind of thing to CARDS ONLY. This change will go into effect starting in January 2012. I think that is the most fair way to do it so that the people at the end of this year who have played along nicely all year will still get their gifts from everyone.

So everyone that has a birthday starting in January will get a card from each of us in the birthday club sometime the month of their birthday. It is really a lot of fun to get snail mail these days anyway since we all live in such an electronic world. If you are so inclined to want to include a pack of seeds or something flat in with the card that is strictly up to you and should not in anyway be expected by the birthday girl.

I am hoping that this will encourage some of the people that have left us and some that would like to join, but are unemployed, to jump in and make this grow. Just think about getting 10 or 20 or 30 cards in your birthday month! So spread the word far and wide and lets see if we can make some new friends and have a sort of old fashioned pen pal arrangement.

We still want to chat and joke and know what is going on in everyone's life just like before, but at least this should remove the financial burden for a lot of people. Organized people can even get all their cards at the beginning of the year and get them all set up to go during those slow winter months.

Thanks a bunch to all of you for hanging in there and trying to make this work. I don't want it to go by the wayside. I have left the likes and dislikes lists attached for any new members that come on board as well as us old folks to look at so that we can send that extra special card. Everyone has special interests and we should remind ourselves of them now and then.

Current Members:

Rouxcrew (Joy) Jan. 15 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8142063
Irisluvr0252 (Debbie) Feb. 25
ClanCampbell (Chris) Feb.28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8057458
Carolyn22 (Carolyn) April 3
AmandaEsq (Amanda) April 6
FruitoftheVine- (Susan) April 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7958412
Crit (Patti) May 10
Mud_Elf (Kris) May 10
GAgirl1066 (Paula) Sept. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8039522
Ridesredmule (Charlene) Oct. 1 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7896427
Rvnsbrk - (Juanita) Oct 9 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=7886786
GardenQuail (Michelle) October 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8242576
Cville_Gardener (Carole) Nov. 30 Effective on 1/2012
Dahtzu (Faye) December 25
Hope43 (Hope) Dec. 28 http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8005430

This message was edited Dec 29, 2011 11:18 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8916943

Good Monday to all!

Sorry I didn't get this new thread started sooner. Too much going on around here right now. Don't forget our birthday girls this month Faye and Twyla. Last month for sending gifts as well and then we will be onto cards.

Have a sweet day everyone.

Neener

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 5, 2011
5:30 AM

Post #8916944

Faye, are you getting frost and snow??? Wonder if a plant would freeze????

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2011
5:54 AM

Post #8916968

Thanks, Neener. Hope everybody has a pleasant day. :)

A.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
6:11 AM

Post #8917000

Checking in and waving to ya'll. :-)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
12:26 PM

Post #8917407

Waving back at ya Carole!!!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 5, 2011
4:05 PM

Post #8917699

Hi all, Charleen we have had frost but no snow. It has been so warm that the Brugs that I had cut back have come back out only to get frost on and freeze.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 5, 2011
4:55 PM

Post #8917759

Might be watching for some white stuff Thursday or Friday. Plain old rain is on the way tonight, and it's going to be warm only down in the 50's. This has been the craziest Fall weather with a lot of days that felt more like Spring.

My tri-colored Geraniums outside in a big pot are still blooming but it's up against the front of our garage and has a dwarf evergreen keeping it company. Had a couple of pretty Irises reblooming around Thanksgiving, frost got the blooms and buds. Crazy things have seed pods. Anybody ever grown Iris from seeds?

Edit! OMG, the fresh scent of a skunk is wafting through the open windows. Gag! Gotta go find my cats.

This message was edited Dec 5, 2011 7:57 PM

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
1:55 AM

Post #8918288

No snow here either, but we just had about 5" of rain and it's still in the forecast for today. :(

Annual Christmas poinsettia from my brother arrived yesterday. Beeg!!

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 6, 2011
3:22 AM

Post #8918312

Carole

It's beautiful! I would rather have rain, than snow.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8918511

Faye getting you pk. out next 2 or 3 days.. i love B>C> so get presents..lol no i like being friends having friens.. take care blessings..
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 6, 2011
2:32 PM

Post #8919012

Hi, all.
Thanks for the new thread, Neener. :)
Wow, iris seeds in December! Haven't tried growing iris from seed. You might try doing a google search to see what you can find out.
Oh, Susan, I received the calendar you sent... Thank you! It arrived Saturday. Had my husband describe the pictures to me. They sound lovely :) There are so many neat little details in each one!
Have a great day, all!
Michelle

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2011
3:30 PM

Post #8919101

Hi girls!

Good news?! I got laid off over the weekend. :D

Being out of work does have it's upside - If I had been working all season I would not have gotten to know and love the new neighbors across the street. I really do feel thankful for having been home all summer for that reason.

Loveyou!!!

A.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
4:20 PM

Post #8919165

You're welcome, Michelle and every one else. Seems like there's an article I read on here about growing Iris from seeds and was curious if anyone had tried. Not sure the pods will ripen since we've had several frosts.

I love rainy days, but enough is enough. Lovely Poinsettia there and a thoughtful brother, Carole. I should add Poinsettias to the list of plants I kill.

Durn, Manda! Now what...back to the drawing board or the thesis?

hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
6:21 PM

Post #8919284

Faye mailed it noon today. should be there friday.. I fogot a card forgvie me by your birthday get it mailed.Take care. many blessings..

Twyla..

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2011
7:59 PM

Post #8919403

Hey Froot:

Shame on me and my thesis. :/

I need someone to come and kick me in the pants. Oh NEEEENER . . .. Where is that girl when I need her. :P

Loveya.
A.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2011
8:32 AM

Post #8919961

I'm right here Amanda! Slow starting this morning. Rainy morning + fuzzy pets curled up in bed= sleeping late. Then I needed to run out to the store so I can be home tomorrow when the carpenters come.

Faye I have your box ready as well, but I haven't been up to schlepping it out in the rain. Hopefully later this week.

Twyla yours went out this morning.

Now I need to get busy making cards for next year!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2011
7:39 PM

Post #8922159

OH BOY! Christmas is coming..and Birthday too. Thank you nita, I'm excited already.

Hello all you good people. Not going to ask if you're busy, think the season makes busy a given. Don't overdo, remember, Jesus is the reason for the season.
Love & Hugs
Faye

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8922193

Faye - that's nice. ;)

Thanks for the reminder.

Loveya.
A.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 9, 2011
3:09 PM

Post #8923081

Just a quick hello... Need a nap... falling asleep while trying to read :)
Take care, and have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
2:56 PM

Post #8924232

Just stopping by to say Hello to everyone. Kind of feeling like a grump the closer to the holidays we get. Sorry to be the absent hostess. Faye I finally managed to mail your box today.

Everyone stay warm and have a nice day tomorrow.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2011
4:06 PM

Post #8924295

Nita, please feel better. We love you and yes, we need you too. Thank you, I'm looking forward to getting the box.

I got a wonderful surprise today. My very first Birthday Gift. (correction, 1st gift was from FOTV, thank you Susan) Thank you so much Twyla. I love everything. The Cameo I will wear to church. The booties socks, well they are already on my feet. The desk calendar will be used daily and each time I see it, I will think of you. The purse calendar is a must have for my Dr. appointments, and last, I will wait until Spring to hand the Garden Flag. Twyla, thank you so much for being so thoughtful. You are a treasure to all of us.
I think I'm right in saying that Twyla didn't miss anyone that was on the birthday list for the entire year. A lady of her word.
Love & hugs
Faye

Thumbnail by dahtzu

dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2011
4:07 PM

Post #8924297

Twyla, my warm feet thank you.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8924309

LOL Faye. Your feet look nice and toasty. Remember the metal Christmas Cardinals bucket you gave me? Was that at the Round-Up? Anyway, it's chocked full of Christmas candy and looks so much prettier than a wicker basket.

I agree, Twyla, you're a gem and have been so good to all of us.

Neener, Send those carpenters down here when they're finished, or you get tired of them, which ever happens first. Bet I already know which one that'll be.

Got your tree up yet in the new house, Paula? Can't wait to hear more progress reports.
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8924416

Faye, so glad you got and liked it. your a winner always., Juanita was going faster than my typingi recieved your birthday present today thanks so much.. love the card and the tiny ladybug on back.. i did manage to buy my daughter a small Christmas gift and kids each one five so its hard and not much but thats not christmas's reason..

Everyone be well , many blessings.. May He bless you all always., meet all your needs.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2011 8:16 PM
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
6:20 PM

Post #8924420

Susan, your always on time never late last few months i was some i'm sorry but things not best around here.. but God has his hand and it will get better ...

I pray it for everyone ..
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8924457

Twyla you inspire me in so many ways. Take care, be safe and happy.
Faye
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
6:45 AM

Post #8924788

Thanks all.. It is cold out there and I have things I should have finished already like the deer fence. They are munching on Bob's azaleas already. Have no inclination to go out. Maybe tomorrow when I have to help my partner to load wood. Once I'm bundled up I could maybe get inspired...NOT!

Twyla I was hoping you can use the gift card for a little something you might want. Didn't know what else to send you this year.
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2011
1:22 PM

Post #8925323

Big bunch of hugs to Nita! Love you lady.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 11, 2011
3:04 PM

Post #8925423

Hi, all.
Stopping by to say hello :)
We had a couple of Christmas parties to attend yesterday, and when we got back, I gave my guide dog the last of his birthday bones from Char... a little Christmas party treat :) Char, he says they were delicious! :)
Have some ideas for our birthday girls this month. Hoping I can get things together soon so I can get them mailed out. Twyla and Faye, will let you know when things are mailed!
Michelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2011
3:27 PM

Post #8925443

I am so glad you dog liked the treats. I'll try to add them again...
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2011
8:19 AM

Post #8926096

Juanita, thats great i need a purse got mine with duct taped..lol. oh wrell. i so appreciate it.

blessings all.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 12, 2011
1:50 PM

Post #8926626

Hi, all.
Char, it's been fun listening to my guide dog eating the treats you sent. The bones are large enough that he can't eat them all in one bite, so he bites off a peece and puts the rest down on the floor in front of him to eat after he finishes the bite he has. But they're just the right size for a little snack! :) I also have these dog treats that are shaped like little hearts. I usually give him a couple at a time when he gets these. They're the perfect size to hide in your hand. After my husband trims my guide's toenails, my husband gets to give my guide a treat. He likes to hide one of these heart treats in one of his hands and have my guide guess which it's in. It's always funny to listen to them go through this routine. LOL
Twyla, sounds like that gift card you got from Neener is just perfect :) Have fun picking out a new purse!
Finally got to plant some more seeds the other day. Planted some pansy seeds (these are supposed to be fragrant) and an old package of alyssum (mixed colors). The pansy seeds are packed for 2012, so they ought to do well. The alyssum are from 2008 (bought them and never got them planted... sigh), so we'll see what I get. Figured if they don't grow, I can always plant something else there :)
Well, better go get some more things done around here. Take care, everyone, and have a great day!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2011
7:04 AM

Post #8927586

Plumbers are here this morning and the mayhem returns. Another fun day in renovation land!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 13, 2011
6:20 PM

Post #8928463

Nita, sure wish I could brighten your day as you did mine. What a fantastic Birthday Gift. Thank you so much for everything. And now to list the wonders of my Birthday Box.
Thank you Nita for the special card that you made for me. It will be saved with your others.
Large beautiful tri colored Coffee Cup & Saucer Planter. I have one that I planted a Christmas Cacti in and that's what I'll plant in this beauty.
Cafe Godiva Chocolate Truffle Arabiac Coffee. Can't wait to try this.
Can of Cream Wafer Rolls
Cocoa Chocolate Chip Scones mix. And
A set of beautiful Wine Bottle Stoppers
Thank you so much Nita for helping to make this Birthday special.
Faye

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
5:07 AM

Post #8928958

You are so welcome my friend. When I saw the planter I knew I needed to go with a coffee theme. :0) I know you will plant something really fun in it.

Love you lady,
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
5:42 PM

Post #8929870

Good for you, Faye. I save Neener's cards too and all the others so many friends have sent me. Now what could be better than coffee laced with chocolate and a reminder of wine?! Any word from your tests yet? I've got one eye on The X-Factor and bet you're watching the show too :)

My SIL is flying stand-by tonight from DFW to Charlotte. With any luck she'll get there at a decent hour and get a little sleep in a hotel before she drives to her Mom's house tomorrow. It's another whirlwind trip for her like it was in October. She has to be back at work Monday morning and am hoping she'll have a decent departure time sometime Sunday, one of the busiest travel days of the year.

Michelle, I grew Baby's Breath from seeds this year for the first time, had pretty good results, and tucked the plants in my hanging baskets. None grew nearly as showy as ones the florists have but gotta say I was happy with the outcome. Let us know what kind of germinate rates you get from your poppies and Alyssum. Strange how fresh seeds sometimes for me have done diddly and old ones have taken off.

When's everybody having their Christmas Dinner? Looks like ours will be Saturday, then hubby and I will have another one for just the two of Christmas Day, Faye's Birthday!

Love & Hugs, Everyone!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
5:52 PM

Post #8929879

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-Y YA'LL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been lost and no one found me! LOL So now I found you and you can't hide from me anymore! Please put me back on the list. I am alive, well (except for this crud I have at the moment) and kicking...sort of!

Fruity ... I may be bugging your ear off! Interest thread just went up for the Sock, Sniff and Sip thread.

Hey all...Here is the link to a new swap I am hosting for January. (I'm having some help from some of the best hostess' in it!) It is the Sock, Sniff and Sip swap. Please check it out and share it with other threads you visit if you want to. Thanks!

Crit

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233609/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
7:13 PM

Post #8929979

Been fighting the crud too and know how you feel, Patti. Bug away!

Now if we could just coax Erin into coming back, and who else? What could be simpler than sending Cards in 2012, even if mine aren't homemade :0
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 14, 2011
7:45 PM

Post #8930020

LOL, yep Susan, you remembered. I did watch X-Factor. We are having family here this Sat. for late lunch then will go to Daughters Christmas Day. Hope each of you will have the Christmas that will leave the very best memories.
My very last test was Monday. (I'm going to shout) I DO NOT HAVE CANCER! Praise God. All tests came back negative. The stomach problem has been diagnosed as I B S, yeah that's bad but that I can handle. Couldn't handle Cancer. The throat problem is coming from my Chronic Sinusitis, Asthma and Reflux. Hopefully voice therapy will teach me to keep my throat open as I speak.
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. I do know prayer works.

Now look at my treasures.. Than you again Nita. Love all this chocolate stuff and especially the Cup & Saucer.

Thumbnail by dahtzu

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2011
8:26 PM

Post #8930070

That's awesome news, Faye! The best I could ever hope to hear and am sending you a great big cyber space hug til I can give you another one in person. I love ya so much!

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 15, 2011
1:29 AM

Post #8930226

Faye - that is wonderful - the best Christmas present of all. It must feel like a definite load off your shoulders!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8930314

Faye that is the best news I could get today. I'll tell my Mom. She asks everyday about you. I have IBS and haven't has a flare in forever. Eating right really helps. :0)

You just made my day... Off to the ortho guy to find out about what we can do with my hand short of surgery. It is finally so bad that I can't close it, so I guess it's time to do something about it. Hoping for a cortisone shot as a quick cure. I have a whole kitchen to pack up in the next 3 weeks and a lot of lifting and schlepping to do. Fingers crossed. At least the ones on my left hand anyway. :0)

Ya'll have a great day.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8930607

((((((((((((((((Faye)))))))))))))))))))))))) PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooo very happy for you. That is terrific news!!!!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
9:19 AM

Post #8930623

What a relief to get that report, Faye! :-)
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
7:25 PM

Post #8931295

Faye your box arrived today ohhhh i love the pecans i want to make Banana bread now i can.. and the J. Ranchers i love them been long time too.. the dreamsickle so sweet everything was so special from you.. i was pleased to get B. box.. like Christmas for me.

everyone be well, the crud is sure going around.

ps i love the olive wood heart and cross.. I love cross necklaces. i so love it.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2011 9:27 PM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 16, 2011
9:57 PM

Post #8932781

Hi, all.
Hey, Crit, you're back! :) Just sent you a dmail regarding your swap. Said I was hoping you'd join us again :)
Faye, I'm so glad to hear your good news! And glad they were able to diagnose your health problems. Sounds like you received some wonderful gifts from Neener. :)
Neener, I do hope the doctors can help you with your hand. And I hope the plumbing work is going well.
Well, got the alyssum planted, but not the poppies yet. Hopefully, I can get the poppies planted before the end of the year.
Had some baby's breath seeds once, but sadly didn't get to plant them. Perhaps I'll try some sometime.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2011
5:36 AM

Post #8936708

Good Morning All!!!

Hope everyone has sent their goodies to our birthday girls by now. Crazy mailing week so they should be in the wind. Just a reminder that we switch to cards only in January and then we should be on time all the time. :0) No excuses to not be ready in advance. Boy I sound like a drill sargeant this morning..

Michelle I have some amaryllis blooming.. This is the peachy one.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2011
7:32 AM

Post #8936830

My address is not in the Addy Exchange but it will be on the return address labels of the cards I send ... and since I'm one of the last birthdays, that will get it to everyone in time except Faye and Hope. I'll D-mail them. ♥
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 23, 2011
3:15 AM

Post #8940171

Hi, all.
Well, I'm hoping to get Faye and Twyla's things mailed soon... Need to find out which boxes I can use so I can get them packed and have my husband address them. But he hasn't had a chance to help me yet. Hoping soon! Will keep you updated.
Oh, Neener, how fun! I have a peachy amaryllis, too. When things aren't so busy, I'll have to have my husband look to see if it's like mine :)
Take care, everyone!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2011
3:41 AM

Post #8940180

Wonder of wonders Michelle. The one amaryllis that I kept from last year and put outside for summer seems to be pushing a bud. This was a huge bulb last year and actually gave me three spikes which had never happened before. I'll be sure to take a pic when it blooms. Will probably be a few weeks yet.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 24, 2011
6:32 AM

Post #8941370

My sister has them flowering all the time. One thing that she does is to put amaryllis outside in the summer. She tells me they love to be outside and to bake in the sun. Mine not never got any further than my screened in porch. Last Summer was kind of hectic for us - we were continually running to my inlaws house and they live a good 3 hours away from us, so there were a number of gardening projects that I just never got to.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2011
6:52 AM

Post #8941387

Merry Christmas to all.
Faye

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2011
7:31 AM

Post #8941426

Merry Christmas to everyone...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2011
4:09 PM

Post #8941829

Merry Christmas a little early. Been a busy day here and I just got online.

Love to you all.Don't know what I would do without you in my life.

Neener

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2011
4:24 PM

Post #8941847

I haven't forgot you girls. Been a tough year. Waiting for sign to be right for plants...
Happy Birthday Faye and Twyla...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2011
6:02 PM

Post #8941917

Faye, I'm sneaking my wishes in tonight before you get busy with Church and Family tomorrow. Have the Happiest Birthday ever and I wish you many, many more!

Merry Christmas everyone! And for those missing your departed loved ones like I am, "I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW8wMMIVBFM

I love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas!

GAgirl, how does it feel spending Christmas in a brand new house? Did you have time to put up a tree or decorations?

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2011
1:25 AM

Post #8942066

Happy Day, Faye! ♥♥♥
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8942159

Happy Birthday Faye!!!

Carole what are you doing up at 4 AM? :0) Waiting for the pitter patter of reindeer feet?

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2011
6:46 AM

Post #8942202

:-D)))

Merry Christmas, as well. :-)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2011
7:38 PM

Post #8942701

Cute picture, Froot. :)

Happy Birthday wishes and big hugs for Faye!

Nighty night all,
A.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 26, 2011
5:57 AM

Post #8942968

Hope everyone had a great holiday. I still have a housefull of people, so I won't be online long.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Birthday Faye and Twyla...

Here is to a new year and new growing season.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 26, 2011
2:16 PM

Post #8943409

Hi, all.
Thought I'd be stopping by yesterday, but late last night I realized I hadn't. So, I hope you all had a merry Christmas!
Faye, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful birthday :)
Neener, that's exciting that your bulb from last year is putting up a flower stalk! You'll have to let me know what color the flowers are when they bloom :)
I received a new amaryllis for Christmas from my mother-in-law :) It's called Misty, and the info about it says it is supposed to be lightly fragrant. Looking forward to its blooms! I'd tell you what color it is, but I forget. Can't find my notes right now. Will have to let you know later.
Well, have a wonderful day, everyone!
Michelle
hope43
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2011
2:42 PM

Post #8943449

I hope everyone had a wonderful blessed Christmas. i got a 4th birthday present. thanks so much its truly a wonderful gift for me.

Everyone be well, happiness.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2011
4:50 PM

Post #8944702

Gonna be gone most of tomorrow and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday a bit ahead, Twyla! Enjoy your Special day tomorrow and the gifts you're receiving :) Lots of love!

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8945170

Happy Birthday Twyla!! I hope you are feeling well today and can enjoy something special.

Get your cards ready ladies for January. Next up is our own sheep goddess, and goat minder and goose chaser and boar stalker Joy! :0)
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2011
1:40 PM

Post #8945570

Happy Birthday Twyla, Hope the Birthday Gifts keep coming to you.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 28, 2011
4:23 PM

Post #8945773

Hi, all.
Twyla, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Faye and Twyla, your packages made it to the post office today! They said you should both get your boxes around Saturday. Included inside, you'll each find a card signed by me and my guide dog :)
Take care, everyone!
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2011
1:34 AM

Post #8946239

Goose chasing and boar stalking keeps you young. :-)

Hope Twyla (whom I don't know) and Faye had great birthdays! Hi Michelle out in CA. I miss CA!!! :-/

2012 is just around the corner. :o)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2011
4:27 AM

Post #8946288

[quote="Cville_Gardener" 2012 is just around the corner. :o)[/quote]

Thank God for that! It will be a better year. If not, the medicinal alcohol consumption around here is going up. :0)
dahtzu
Henderson, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 29, 2011
5:28 AM

Post #8946323

LOL with Nita
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2011
7:16 AM

Post #8946410

Hello all. Wishing belated Happy Birthday to Faye and Twyla. I will be getting your gifts in the mail. I haven't forgotten you! I know there are some others I need to catch up on too.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8946499

Oh Crit you and I are in the same boat, I have three boxes sitting on my bed in various stages of dress, they have been that way for three weeks and I cannot seem to get them finished. My goal is today, getting them mailed tomorrow. It is sad that I have everything but can't stop long enough to simply pack them. Arrrggggh. It must be all that stalking that keeps getting in the way.

Joy

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2011
12:15 PM

Post #8946694

rvnsbrk wrote:[quote="Cville_Gardener" 2012 is just around the corner. :o)

Thank God for that! It will be a better year. If not, the medicinal alcohol consumption around here is going up. :0)[/quote]

Hear, hear! *>*
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2011
4:52 PM

Post #8946990

So why are we waiting til next year? Ya'll do know it's always 5 o'clock somewhere, don't cha?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
1:57 AM

Post #8947278

LOL ... and that's the name of this canvas hanging here by my desk. :-D))) Really. Artist is Cecile Broz.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
5:31 AM

Post #8947352

AMEN and double AMEN. As some of you know we are undergoing kitchen and bathroom renovation here right now. Well I've been packing up the kitchen for the last 2 weeks. I'm pretty well down to the last minute stuff. Anyway. last night I go to open a bottle of wine and can't find the corkscrew. I thought I knew what box it was in and it was in the pile of stuff I am keeping handy. After having a panic attack, I just dumped the whole thing out on the floor and rooted around until I found it. Crisis averted. :0)

Packed all the coffee mugs last night (hundreds of them) and came down this morning for coffee and totally lost it. Took me a minute to remember where the extra mugs were. Tried to find a picture of the mug collection, but it must be on a disk somewhere.

So much fun, so few brain cells left to deal with it. :0)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 30, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8947424

Oh my GAWD Neener. No corkscrew and no coffee mugs. What the !@#$%$@ were you thinking!?

Oh, right. You weren't. :P

I know this is killing the obsessive girl in there. Please stay heavily sedated till the work is finished.

Loveyou.
A.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 30, 2011
7:40 AM

Post #8947526

Too funny. Neener, I can see myself doing all of that, especially the frustration of not finding the corkscrew and dumping it all out on the floor! I am a little OCD!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
7:55 AM

Post #8947541

I'm right there with you too Neener. :-)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
8:11 AM

Post #8947567

Yep.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8947617

Glad I'm in such good company. I decided today to go to my workshop in the basement and make some cards. At least down there things are kind of where they are supposed to be. :0)
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 31, 2011
4:33 AM

Post #8948626

Hello Everyone,
I'm like Crit...I got lost and no one found me. I haven't been on much lately, with the moving, but I knew there were some more threads I kept up with. So went on a search.

Faye and Twlya...Happy belated birthday...package to follow soon!!

Faye, so glad about the news! What a wonderful gift!

Fruity, as you know from the other thread...wasn't a good Christmas, but next year will be better.

Neener, I apoligize, I have not been a good participant lately, but I will try to be better.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2011
6:42 AM

Post #8948703

I'm cutting you some slack Paula because I know what's up in your world. Should get easier now with cards only.

Back to my regularly scheduled renovation madness. :0)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 31, 2011
3:45 PM

Post #8949277

Hi, all.
Hey, Paula, welcome back! Sorry to hear your Christmas wasn't so good. Hope this coming year is much better for you!
Happy New Year, everyone!
Michelle
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2011
3:46 PM

Post #8949278

Happy New Year to all my sweet and dear friends and the rest of you too. :0))))))
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2011
6:04 PM

Post #8949416

OCD is my middle name, especially when it comes to making plant labels. Some of you I know are right there with me...lol...and puts me in good company.

Sure do miss my Amaryllis blooming this time of year. From the looks of them today, not one has started to produce a stalk and still have green strapped leaves turning yellow. At least the bulbs are alive and healthy.

I love ya all and hope you and your loved ones have a healthy, happy, prosperous New Year. And a myriad of pretty blooms :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
3:37 AM

Post #8949648

Happy New Year and Happy Gardening in 2012. :-)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 1, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #8949730

Fruity, jump go over to Lowes, they have them coming up out of boxes and blooming. Poor things. also some are going on sale...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
9:09 AM

Post #8949928

OCD is my first, middle and lasst name. I'm trying to overcome it, but it's not working.

Happy, Happy New Year All!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #8949935

New Year, New Month, New Format.

Let's Go!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235447/
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235447/
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #8949937

Welcome to everyone. Bring your friends. The more the merrier. Cards are easy and inexpensive to send. Lets get our next birthday girl Joy to have an avalanche of mail this month. Think of it as our own personal effort to save the Postal Service. LOL!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America