Photo by Melody

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: CLOSED: Longing for Spring - Page 1

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 180, Views: 958
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8919253

Somewhere over the rainbow Summer faded into Fall and now Winter is almost upon us. If you're like me, you're already longing for Spring when we have another opportunity to swap and trade plants and seeds and bulbs again.

Pull up your favorite chair over the Winter and join us to chat about anything on your mind. It's going to be another year without a greenhouse here, but a girl can still dream. What's everybody up to and what's on your wish list, either for Christmas, or plants and seeds and bulbs you'd like to try in the coming year?

Everyone is welcome to join us! The more the merrier.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8919324

that is a beautiful rainbow shot, Fruity...
I LOVE the shot of the orchid cactus in the prevous post on prev thread, now I can look forward to all my huge weird loking orchid catus to actually reward me someday..

this is a trade community tub.. until I can get a few minutes ( hours or days) to get these potted up..

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8919326

this macho fern just keeps growing and loves it's new spot this year down in the basement garden.. the first year wintered over it lost all it's leaves, then last year it had a lot more light and did well enough to divide and share, and this year it is even bigger,, it would not survive our winter outside, it came from padre islands,.

Thumbnail by joeswife

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 6, 2011
6:52 PM

Post #8919329

I'm busy digging out a new flower bed and expanding another one. After the hot summer I'm enjoying being able to dig without the chance of heat stroke.
I'm collecting jugs for my first attempt at winter sowing. My granddaughter is almost three and loves gardening already. I think winter sowing will be enjoyable and a good learning start for her.
We are still having warm days here with colder nights. They're predicting a lot of rain this winter. I hoping for just the right amount and not the crazy stuff we get sometimes. Here it's either drought or flood.
My wish for Christmas is to find the corkscrew vine seeds I want. That and some strong man to help me dig the beds. But then again, I'ld have to feed him so I'll just keep digging. LOL.
Happy Holidays to everyone. DGer's are the greatest people. May visions of blooms dance through your heads.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2011
7:06 PM

Post #8919342

Lovely looking community tub Debra :) I have a large highwall pot saucer filled with succulent cuttings I call the 'nursery'. They are all rooting and I have itty bitty baby Echeverias growing.

How many orchid cacti do you have? My bunch got wittled down due to a 'plague' so I'm planning on buying some cuttings and once I ID the red one I'll buy my own plant of it.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2011
7:12 PM

Post #8919357

oh gosh Ang, I have so many, I just sent a bunch to another DG'r.. I haven't seen any of them bloom, but I know I have all colors since I have gotten them from so many generous DG'rs..

This message was edited Dec 6, 2011 9:12 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 6, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8919365

i want to try my hand at this type of Garden Art someday..

Thumbnail by joeswife

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2011
7:22 PM

Post #8919369

That looks a bit like that Oxy something or other. I had one but unfortunately not anymore lol.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 6, 2011
8:21 PM

Post #8919445

Thanks for the thread, Froot. :)

IT is funny I do see many of the same "faces" in other forums, but it's nice to come home to this one right here.

I was watering the very first plant I received in trade this spring - in the spring houseplant swap - from Jax - where is THAT woman?! The tiny fern she sent me is doing SO well, I can hardly believe how strong and firm the fronds are coming out from the center of that thing, but I guess the roots have finally taken off.

One of my tropical hibiscus, the red one, continues to bloom inside. I have 5 giant blooms now with over a dozen buds on it to go. I bought the plant off a clearance rack last season - another one of those where I took the blooms off so no one would buy it till I came back for it. (there's my SECRET!!!). HA! In any event, I don't hardly even like red flowers, but this red is sooooo pretty, I just had to have it. It had almost no roots on it, but again with the roots - I think they have finally found their way.

Had a migraine today which held me back from a number of plant related tasks I'd hoped to do like pot that giant orchid and deadhead my gaillardia/blanket flowers out front which continue to bloom here thru frost and famine. (huh?).

Yesterday, I had to chastise myself and could not do anything plant related until I'd sent out a resume for a job I'd been trying to get out all weekend. Seems my favorite thing to do to avoid everything else is play with plants.

I'm next to receive Susie's seed robin in the east, so I'll be looking for that tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!! If it comes, don't expect to hear from me for days.

Love you all!!! And to all a good night. ;)

A.

p.s. hum. Christmas wish? I think I should put "job with benefits" way up there at the top.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2011
8:39 PM

Post #8919473

Christmas wishlist thus far - orchid cactus, storage shelves, hoyas and an ebay card heh. Not sure which I'm buying myself.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2011
1:33 AM

Post #8919662

OMG Amanda -

You are too funny!

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 7, 2011
3:36 AM

Post #8919693

Good Morning everyone,
Just checking in...we are almost halfway moved in to the new house. Hope to move the beds Thursday or Friday and then we can start sleeping out there. Irrigation is halfway down and the grass is supposed to arrive Friday. Fruity, I have got the GH for you and a couple of others that mentioned they wanted one. I will try to post a picture later. It was fairly simple to assemble and its a 10x20. Pretty good price too and it can be moved easily.

Of course, what I want for christmas is a BIG GH, but I know I wont get that, so I just want my family to be safe and healthy. Baby boy comes home from college today for the break. It will be so nice having him home for awhile.

I have bought several amaryllis from Lowes and they are growing nicely. This year they actually had a solid white one "Christmas something, so I bought 3 or 4 of those. A couple of them have bloomed and are quite small in the flower, so that's a little disappointing.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 7, 2011
6:13 AM

Post #8919797

For years my hubby bought my Mother (also a gardener) an Amaryllis for Christmas. She had a gorgeous array. She put them in the yard when spring came, planting them deeper than if they were in the pot. Even though she is gone now, the Amaryllis still bloom. I should say that these big hybrid types do not stand up to the weather as well as the smaller types that many people around here have in their yards. But if a storm threatens, you can always cut them for the house.
This year my daughter's boyfriend gave me one ( I am sure she suggested it) but what a lovely surprise. I have it growing and plan to take a picture of it every few days till it blooms.
GAgirl1066, it will be interesting to see if good nutrition and care will increase the size of the blooms through the years or if this is a function of genetics. Personally, I think the ones with smaller flowers are better, as they do not tend to fall over as bad due to weighing less.
Monday I was at Southern homes in Montgomery and they had a smaller flowered pink Amaryllis that I lusted after. But I thought $16/bulb was outta this world for a price. So I let them keep it. They tend to the pricey side anyhow, but they sometimes have unusual plants that are worth the price just because they are unusual.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 7, 2011
11:07 AM

Post #8920114

We have a place called planters seeds, and they have the biggest Amaryllis, starting at about 20.00. I wait until they go on sale after Christmas and try to get several different ones.

Does anyone know what would happen to daffodl bulbs if they freeze? They are not in the ground. We are suppose to get in the teens.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8920675

Some of my amaryllis are just starting to die back after months of not watering. Don't know if they are reverting back to their own flowering schedule or what the deal is. It just seemed to take forever for them to die back this year. I only have one that is putting out any green - unless I buy some bulbs, I don't think I will be seeing any amaryllis flowers this year. Truthfully, with the strange schedule DH and I had this past summer, I am not surprised as I could not follow any type of routine for these beauties. Perhaps next Summer.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 7, 2011

Post #8920894

No Amanda not WWIII I didn't mention it for a day and a half as I was nursing my hurt back. When a day and a half passed I thought what the hay it is only plants. The lantana seeds are in berries and tough to really clean and the Summer Poinsettia will be back next year. I did calmly ask him why he mowed them down and he said he thought we talked about it and he apologized. He added that he doesn't want me falling anymore and breaking a hip. I said No Problem. People are way more important that anything on earth. My Group was afraid I was stuffing inside and I said do I really sound like I am upset and my therapist said no. Sometimes I just need to blow off steam and I am safe here to do it and then it is over. :)

I went and spent last night with my friend Chris who has cancer. Her back has been hurting and they did a CT Scan and told her today the cancer is progressing. They will start a different Chemo next week if her blood work is ok. This last one was stronger and 4 weeks of it and it took a huge tole on her. I can't remember if I said but she was diagnosed 13 months ago with stage 4 liver cancer. I will be spending more time with her as time goes by. Her DS's work 7-12 hr days and I know after hearing this today it will be rough. Someone took her today to see her sister who had the massive stroke almost 2 weeks ago. They have had alot of trauma lately. In the last 2 months 2 ladies I have been going to the center and 4 groups a day.with for 2 yrs passed away. Miss Norma was 82 and had COPD. Miss Betty they think fell and and was between the bed and the night stand and they said it looked like she struggled and possibly broke her neck. I wish I would have never ask if she looked peaceful when they found her I thought in her bed. I will becareful from now on what I ask for fear I don't want to really know. She was only 68. It has been rough couple months and now Chris. She has lost 50 lbs and wears a little girls 16-18. She loves plants also. It is going to be rough but I feel it has been my calling to go spend the night and some weekends with her. Atleast I know I am making her smile and she really looks forward to the next time I am going over to spend the night. Lucky the van from the center I can ride to and from her house on the days I go.

Ok I have talked you my dear sweet friends ears off. I have the sprinkler on my plants tonight so they won't freeze. I hope the guys get my hoop house covered this weekend. My plants got nipped while I was at Chris' last night.

Thanks for a safe place I can come and feel comfortable. (((((HUGS)))))

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2011
8:27 PM

Post #8920901

AH! Sorry I've been missing for a month! My last finals are tomorrow for the fall semester. Looks like I'm getting my first 'not A' this time around, so my 4.0 is now a thing of the past. Boo!

So what all have I missed?

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 7, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8920909

Oh Sandy, Bless your heart. You are a wonderful friend. Prayers to Chris and her sister.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 7, 2011
8:36 PM

Post #8920927

carolyn, those blooms are gorgeous. I have onl had one bloom ever out of about 6 bulbs and it was "moonlight" from fruity.

Sandy, what an Angel you are to be so loving and kind to your dear friend Chris. I know it is hard to watch people you love go thru pain and suffering, but the smiles you bring to their faces should tell you how loved you are. Prayers for you dear Sandy and for all your loved ones going thru hard times.

I havn't forgotten you about sending plants and seeds, you are first on list this spring..
Seed bags will be sent out around christmas to those who have expressed interest. Poor Joe is so sick, I am staying up tonight to watch over him, I am not used to him being so sick.. he has the flu I think, and I am worried it will afect his heart thing he as going on, but I am positive God will heal him in time for the procedure date.

thought I would show a picture of the basement Garden south end , it sorta seems like my own indoor green house.. I have four rooms of gardens..

Thumbnail by joeswife

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2011
9:15 PM

Post #8920986

Thanks for the picture, Debra. :)

Sandy - you're doing great!!! They are "just plants," but we know better. ;)
Hugs to you and your friend Chris both. We have to find joy in our simple things.

Carey - sorry about your 4.0. I am not in classes this semester or next because of my hand. I expect to go back in the fall and graduate spring 2013 if I can get my 'chit together and write the dang thesis. Bleck.

I'm hungry now after pacing around the neighborhood with a flashlight looking for my stupid cat. The good news is that I found him. The bad news is that I found him. Jerk.

O well. Hope to get to bed soon. I really screwed up my sleep schedule last night. The sky is crisp and clear. Looks like maybe some sun tomorrow after a day of heavy rain. Yay!

Nighty night.

A.
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2011
3:41 AM

Post #8921092

I would love to have a greenhouse or a sunroom/plant room!!! But I think that will be on my forever wish list...lol.

I have bad arthritis in my shoulders/neck and winter makes me hurt pretty bad. I'm already telling ppl think spring...lol, they look at me like I'm a nut!!

I bought a fig tree from edible landscaping last spring and it has really done great. I have it sitting in the kitchen now but it's not quite so happy, some of the leaves are yellowing a bit. After the holidays I will have room to re-organize my room I have my seed starting festivities in and am thinking of moving the fig in there possibly with it's own light to see if it is happier.

I brought in a hibiscus twig in a pot , a tiny snowball bush I had tried to start , and my rosemary plant. The rosemary is a couple years old and I was surprised to see it flowered tiny purple blooms about 10 days ago. Never had it flower before.

Longing for spring...

Julie =0)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2011
4:49 AM

Post #8921110

Found you all. Crazy day today. They contractors will be here to start on the renovations. I think I'm ready, but 5 minutes after they get here I'll know I'm not as ready as I thought!
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 8, 2011
5:15 AM

Post #8921128

I got my greenhouse this year, but no heat until 12/22 so the dining room and garage are jammed. Here's the gh
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/581823680FqqiJe
For anyone who is thinking about getting one here is what it cost me.
It's a Harbor Freight 10 x 12. The gh was 500 ( I got a coupon for 300 off on ebay for 1.65) the deck to put it on was 500 and having the gas installed with 2 full tanks is 500. We got one of those 20000 btu blue flame heaters from the big box store for 179, and I'm going to get a solar cover for 100. It's a little bit of an investment but it was well worth it!
I'm assembling my want list as I surf. I grabbed as much stuff as i could, for swapping, as it went on sale in the fall. I want to make it to the spring swap next year.
Here's a little something for the cat lovers... Merry Christmas!

Thumbnail by roxxanne

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 8, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8921155

Carolyn, I think your Amaryllis will probably be Ok but may not bloom till spring (Mar/April). I experience the same thing. The foliage die back is normal, the bulbs are just resting and will sprout back when they are ready to wake.I have read that some people just keep their foliage growing all year but my plants do not do that. There is no way to keep them from dying back that I ever found, and I have grown them in pots for 25 years. two/three years ago I had gotten so many, with bulb reproduction and growing some from seed that I gave up and put most (not all) in the ground. They do not bloom as well (maybe I should improve the soil) but they were taking up so much room I had to do something.
If you have the space and inclination it is fun to let some seed develop and plant the seed. I got some beautiful dark red that way. It takes probably about 3 years to get the first flower from a seed.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2011
6:38 AM

Post #8921198

Wow Roxxanne - you are the envy of your peers (sans the invoices)!!! :D

Have a great day everyone - the sun is out today and I'm feeling a moment of optimism. Better step away from the machine before I loose that. ;)

Loveya.
A.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2011
12:09 PM

Post #8921589

The gh is wonderful. I can't imagine being at a point that I would need a gh but I have a feeling the time will come. I spent a large part of the night on ebay buying seeds. I'm addicted, I need help. I'm not sure this is the place to get help to stop buying seeds. LOL. Of coarse I would have to be willing to be helped and that's not going to happen. Guess I better start saving for the gh...
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2011
12:15 PM

Post #8921600

I want a GH too. Next house - DH and I are planning on a nice heated one. I think it would be nice to turn it into those old fashioned conservatory like rooms, but I know DH would never go for a parrot!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 8, 2011
3:59 PM

Post #8921928

Yeah, from experience, parrots are harder to keep than plants - but way more entertaining!!! :D
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 8, 2011
5:14 PM

Post #8921982

Oh yes, parrots are quite entertaining unless they see you as bottom of the pecking order. I have a scar from one of my mom's birdies.

I am watching my kitties play with their birthday/christmas gifts. They are catnip toys made of recycled minks and fur coats. My boy kitty Ke (birthday was the 5th) loves these things and has been playing up a storm. I call him my lazy boy because he never seems to want to play, at least not a lot.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2011
6:30 AM

Post #8922423

roxanne, I have been eye balling those greenhouses for sometime. Thing I am afraid of are winds, we live on top of a hill with no wind breaks anywhere. Having said that I have read some great things on the greenhouse forum on DG about how they got around it. Please keep us informed on what you think about it. My first and only true greenhouse was a one placed on a south brickwall of the house and it was wonderful. It had a brick floor and the sun would be absorbed on the bricks and then help keep the greenhouse warm at night. I only ever used a small kerosine heater in there all winter. We would have 3 inches of snow and it would be 80 in the greenhouse. Would make me feel so good, course in the summer it was 140 I think in there, but who cared I was outside all the time then.

Oh Carey, it is disappointing once you have carried straight A's, but you have done great! That is so much hard work.

Suppose to warm up here this weekend, so hopefully get the rest of the shopping done.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 9, 2011
10:07 AM

Post #8922664

WOW Rox! That is a fantastic setup! Guess I'd better start my own wish list. Plenty of room in the backyard for one of those.

Thanks for the school thoughts. I'm bummed about the class, but it was my choice to take the subject. I could've just taken regular old speech, but noooo, I had to choose the harder subject matter. It really was a useful subject and I enjoyed the class, except I wish the instructor would have been able to teach better.

I'm keeping busy in the cold. It's the only way to stay warm lately!

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 10, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8923594

Hap, we were worried about the winds too. Each panel is sealed in with silicone sealer and the whole thing is attached to the flooring which is on 6 x 6s that are buried 30in. I don't think that suckers goin anywhere. Brick floor, that would really help with heat retention. Maybe I could do ceramic or terra cotta on the floor. I'll have to keep my eye out on craigslist.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 10, 2011
5:16 AM

Post #8923602

I would not trade anything for my greenhouse, and I can say that it can never be big enough. If you are going to get one and have decided on the size, get one a little bigger. You will not be sorry. (except maybe when the fuel bill arrives!)

I cut myself a Christmas tree (eastern red cedar) from down by the railroad tracks and got it set up on the back porch last night. This is the second year I have done this, and I find it so satisfying. I can see if from my computer and from the dining table. It is prettiest at night . This way I can be content whether or not the family ever gets the family tree up.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2011
8:35 AM

Post #8923802

Do the greenhouses come with locks on the door or can you have one put on? If we actually moved from here Dad might be interested in getting one but our fine city has a lot of people who steal plants.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8923806

Oh, Ang. Good thought.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8923856

Ang I would think you could put a lock on it. If not you could put on an alarm and camera. Here in Houston some women where caught on camera stealing Christmas decorations from a yard and put them up just a block away. This world has gone totally nuts.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2011
9:15 AM

Post #8923864

ilovejesus99 wrote:This world has gone totally nuts.

Unfortunately, I think that is very true. I wonder where it will all be in the next 10 or 20 years.

DH said he is concerned that when I do finally retire, that will turn into a hermit. I am not so sure that would be a bad thing!

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2011
9:51 AM

Post #8923884

We have a resident where I live who is stealing plant stuff - soil, plants, pots, etc. I had a green tub with pots and tools on the porch. When I went to empty the tub to clean it out I discovered ALL my garden tools are gone. I also noticed some of the pots are gone too. I have to replace them in spring and I'll keep them indoors.

I'm positive it's a resident because plants came up missing from the locked pool area.

I fixed up my houseplant corner yesterday. Still a work in progress.

Thumbnail by tikipod

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2011
9:53 AM

Post #8923888

Also some of my hoyas are hanging on the stake I used for my Dragonfruit. I placed a Dischidia up there after I took the photo. I want to buy another set of shelving and move that black shelf over in another location.

Thumbnail by tikipod

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2011
9:56 AM

Post #8923892

Ang

Very nice set up.

It is unfortunate about your neighbor. There is something wrong with that whole line of thinking.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2011
11:51 AM

Post #8924039

Wow those stories are amazingly horrible! Who does that stuff! Geehz! So sorry for you that lost your garden stuff.
I know in the greenhouse section of DG, lots of people have secured their greenhouses from harbor freight and are thrilled with them. You will love it. I got the bricks for free downtown when they were tearing down an old building and that is what I used for the floor, couldn't beat the price...LOL Which I still had the greenhouse, but it stayed with the old house since it was attached...rofl.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2011
12:04 PM

Post #8924049

On one DG thread several yrs ago someone had a very beautiful burgandy oxalis stolen from their porch. Someone who was replying said drug addicts will steal and trade for drugs then the drug dealers sell them at the fleamarkets. I would never have thought people would do that but then look at what else we hear about. A grandmother was arrested in Houston for leaving her 2 young DGC in the car we hours of the morning to shop. One was 2 and 1 was 4. I say hang her...and set an example. lol
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2011
12:34 PM

Post #8924076

The week after Thanksgiving our oldest basset "Bass" had a lump and of course it is cancer, DH took him to the vet here in the city where we live. Don't know if DH didn't understand or the vet is greedy but 2 weeks later after the 2 biopsys and surgery the vet called today and said we should take him to Kansas City. It looks like (if the vet knows for sure) that it is isolated but it is past there expertise! I could just kick myself because I thought in the begining we should just go to the city but didn't say anything...dang it. Basser is such a good puppy! 10 years old but still my puppy.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 10, 2011
12:38 PM

Post #8924078

Oh Happ - follow your heart. Too bad your pocketbook has to go with it.

I have run out of things to sell. I also have many fewer critters, and they are for the most part, as healthy as can be. Two have allergies, one has a cyst on her belly, one has constant belly upset, the iguana . . . well she's a FT job all by herself, but anything to avoid the vet.

Prayers for you and Bass, your puppy.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2011
12:58 PM

Post #8924100

I'm sending my prayers too. They are our babies as much as our children are. Keep your spirits up.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2011
1:33 PM

Post #8924140

My spirits are up and my pocket book is down, but I feel pretty good about it. He seems healthy, eating, sleeping, all of that seems normal. Geehz it is amazing how attached we get to these guys. I got Bass for my husband for our anniversary and he has been just the best little guy. DH retired not long after getting Bass so they have been like two peas in a pod. We live in a small town and everyone knows DH in the little red car with Bass hanging out the window with his ears a flopping in the wind. They go for a car ride everyday, down to our little gas station and get a beef stick. I think Bass is better known in the city than I am... ;)

Thumbnail by happgarden

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 10, 2011
3:48 PM

Post #8924283

Ohhhh... Bass is so cute! I hope everything works out ok.

My kitties are my babies, so I totally understand how you feel. I would be very unhappy with that vet...
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8924288

He is beyound cute! I agree about the vet. Sometimes it seems way to hard for doctors to admit when they are in over there heads.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 10, 2011
6:45 PM

Post #8924443

Awwww your baby is so cute. He looks like he has a paw print on his tummy. Let us know how he does.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8924489

Been MIA with either a cold or allergies the past few days and have really enjoying catching up and reading our chatter. Ya'll keep it going...it's going to be a long Winter.

Rox, I really enjoyed seeing progress photos of your greenhouse. Is that the same one you had in mind, Paula? One like that just might be my ticket to start and is economical enough hubby and I could DIY.

Ang, your houseplants and set-up look great. You're worked too hard to have your gardening stuff stolen. Who has the cahoonas to do something like that anyway?

Dang, happ, I remember a while back seeing a pic of your hubby and Bassie when they'd reversed beds, so to speak. You know the one I'm thinking about. Our pets are so precious and are definitely members of our families. I'd have to bury hubby if something happened to 'his' Yorkie that was supposed to be my Christmas present in 2005. You always have a chin up though, whether you have a sick pup or have just found a stray. Got to tell ya, I got a kick out of the mental pic seeing Bassie's ears flapping in the wind :) Hubby used to raise hunting dogs and really wants a Beagle. They're sweet dogs but don't know if I could handle one 'wandering' and not knowing where it was for days.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2011
1:20 AM

Post #8924657

Popping in to say Hi. A chatty bunch indeed. :-)

happ :-(...

This message was edited Dec 11, 2011 3:35 AM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2011
4:06 AM

Post #8924688

goodmorning.. gee your Bass is adorable, Joyce.. prayers he will keep you smiling for a long time to come
great green house ideas. no way is one going to be in the future here, Joe would just say you have the whole basement..
at least in agren house you have sun, and some of the set ups I have seen in peoples houses are amazing, i have no windows that are usable here atm..
get over your stuff there Fruity, we are all taking turns here.. now college girl is sick and Joe just got over a horrible tumm and body ache , fevor thing.
[hugs] plants are still doing oka here, begonias you sent me, fruity are leafing out.Polly has two leaves now..

Thumbnail by joeswife

roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 11, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8924733

If anyone is thinking of getting this gh be sure to check ebay for the coupon. You're not supposed to sell them, but who cares, I saved $300, it gave me the extra money to get the automatic vent openers. I don't have a lock on mine yet but I will. It doesn't have any kind of handles and I haven't decided what I want yet. My dh put it together himself after work and on the weekend, it took about 1 1/2 weeks, because of the time change it got dark early so he couldn't work too late.

I'm ready for spring, this cold weather is for the polar bears!

Thumbnail by roxxanne

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2011
5:45 AM

Post #8924734

I missed the pawprint on Bassies tummy - Sandy - good catch. I had to go back and look. I too have visual on the ears flapping. Prayers for Bass and you and hubby, Joyce.

There is a car I see on the way to work every day and on the way home - I have no idea who it is, but on the passenger side is a large dog with his head out the window - loving it. Everytime I see this car, it makes me smile. I have not had a dog in awhile, but I do love puppies as much as I love kitties.

Deb - I am having cellar envy - walk me through it and hopefully I can do the same thing.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8924735

Gorgeous picture, Rox. I was just out in the backyard this morning - we put the pond heaters in yesterday and I just wanted to make sure they were doing their jobs. I would love to have the butterflies and the flowers again.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 11, 2011
6:31 AM

Post #8924776

Tikipod, I think if you can find out who is taking plants,etc, you should get some other people who have been stolen from and shower her door step with all kinds of plant stuff. You could get a bunch of stuff in a thrift store, etc. That would let her know that she has been found out and will shame her into stopping unless she is off her rocker. The problem may be keeping a close enough watch to find the person.

Yesterday while waiting for hubby to reappear from the bowels of KMart, an elderly feeble woman came shuffling slowly out . A car drove up to get her and seeing that she needed some help, two young men came over and helped get her and her packages into the car. There are still good people in the world, lest we forget.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 11, 2011
9:45 AM

Post #8925051

I have decided if my hoop house doesn't get covered I am moving my plants into the garage. That is not going to go over well but it is my home. If I start tomorrow I should be able to move a few in a day and get finished (hopefully) before it freezes again. I wish I had some friends close by but I don't so I will do it myself. Brian will have to move his internet stuff (his work supplies) to the front or they will be closed in until spring. I am not going to let them freeze and so far no movement to covering the hoop house so tomorrow I will move to Plan B.

Hope all of you have a great rest of the weekend.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2011
1:11 PM

Post #8925312

Happ I just want to hug your dear Bass. He's so adorable :) I go into a mini panic any time my pets look or act sick. Same with my Dad's pup, who is 13 now.

Oh Debra, I hope College girl and Joe start feeling better quickly. Hopefully it'll skip you all together. BTW your pothos/philos are so beautiful especially that pot with the lime and green mixed together! I remember someone had a lovely lime and green pothos pot as well. So beautiful, trying to find that one here. Safeway has lime colored for 15 0_o. Is that one in the beige pot Micans?

Goldhillal I have two suspects but one was evicted recently. Both live(d) within the "circle" of units that have had stuff stolen and both are known rule breakers. One is major rule breaker and the other is only medium, but both spent a good amount of time at the pool. I'm not sure when my tools were taken since I have been avoiding that tub like the plague because I didn't want to clean it. Won't know if it's stopped until Spring.

Fruity I hope you feel better soon too.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 11, 2011
11:42 PM

Post #8925789

I'm up late and will probably be up early too.

Just stopping in to say good morning. :)

A.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
3:06 PM

Post #8926724

This cold flu stuff, is hitting all over the place it looks like. Mine was a cold and finally gone except for a slight cough but otherwise I am not complaining at all. Hope the rest of you are getting better, gosh it is a hard time of the year to be sick with so much fun stuff going on.

iloveJesus, well moving the plants in the house will probably get your hoop house covered...rofl. I know if I start taking action it causes a reaction...rofl...think there is a law about that... ;)

This is the picture of DH and Bass that Fruity talked about. Now who rules at my house...rofl.
You need to look at the blanket covering up DH, a friend made that for me.

Thumbnail by happgarden

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 12, 2011
3:14 PM

Post #8926741

What a great picture. Great blanket too.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2011
3:43 PM

Post #8926775

That is a great picture!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 12, 2011
5:51 PM

Post #8926932

Hello everyone...finally in the new house, but have tons to still go through at the other house and bring here, donate, or throw away. Geez, what a job!!
Fruity, I will try to post a picture of my new GH tomorrow...its 10x20 and it was only $299. And was definately a DIY.
Just trying to catch up on some things...DG for one. Came in here to start on my Christmas newsletter and look what I'm doing...

Talk to yall later.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 12, 2011
6:27 PM

Post #8926965

Happ that is a great picture - people sit on the floor here too. ;)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8927111

I want to see pic of everyones greenhouse! Oh what fun you all are/will be having in those greenhouses. Way cool!
So excited for you all. Ga did you build it or was it there when you moved?
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2011
4:41 AM

Post #8927450

I would like to see them too!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2011
7:05 AM

Post #8927587

Paula so glad you are finally in the house!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2011
7:28 AM

Post #8927605

Don't have a greenhouse but have some pics of some really sweet smelling brugs in full bloom. They are amazing. Walked in last night and it smelled like summer (artifical tree, no pine smell there) with the brugs a blooming. Ignore the strange yellow casting, must of come from the camera...

Thumbnail by happgarden

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2011
8:24 AM

Post #8927660

I'm getting pregnant onion baby bulbs and cleaning pots today. I want to google what type of soil they need.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2011
8:27 AM

Post #8927663

Woooh Ang, the first three words really takes one back for a sec...rofl...
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2011
8:36 AM

Post #8927671

LOL
Someone is sending me pregnant onion bulbs. I've been trying to find those, peperomia, and ponytail pups locally.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8927707

Happ

your brugs are gorgeous - mine keeps dropping leaves. I checked the soil and it's not dried out or damp, but in between. Can a draft cause leaf drop?
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2011
10:47 AM

Post #8927893

Carolyn I think anything can cause leaf drop. Don't worry about it because they should put on new leaves. I am lucky to have a solar room so these bloom off and on all winter, I have leaf drop in the beginning and then if I forget to water I will get leaf drop. Sometimes if I get spider mites I rip all the leaves off cause I can't stand it, clean everything and let them grow back out.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2011
1:37 AM

Post #8928866

I hate spider mites - they seem to be the gift that keeps on giving!

Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if my forced hot air heat had something to do with the leaf drop.
roxxanne
Houston, PA
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2011
5:03 AM

Post #8928952

tiki, I got a pregnant onion from a friend years ago and the soil it came in was like cement. They are not picky and are very easy. I think they thrive on neglect.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2011
5:38 AM

Post #8928994

Carolyn, forced air is a problem, I have vents from the ceiling in the solar room since the floor is concrete and between the furnace and the solar sun and dry is I think my biggest problem with spider mites for me. But I really think brugs are extremely hardy plants. Least they survive my very sparce care I give them. I have only lost one and that was Maya and actually I think I have lost that one twice...otherwise mine just keep on going. What brug do you have?

Ang I have a peperomia plant, it is varigated or at least that is what I think it is. If you remind me when spring breaks I can send you some cuttings or if I can get some to root this winter. I have a pony tail palm and I love it. It sits at the corner of my desk and is extremely happy. Gets any bigger I will have to take it home. It barely gets any natural light at all. My boss collects art and hangs in all of our offices, so not to expose the art work to sunlight we have these heavy blinds that doesn't let hardly any light in at all. They are amazing plants. I need to trim some of the dead stuff off like all palms get. I have seen some pups at home depot before or maybe it was lowes.

Thumbnail by happgarden

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 14, 2011
8:29 AM

Post #8929191

That's a lovely one happ! I have one that I got from Lowes for 10, normally 39.99. She looks a little different from yours and has a little red in the leaves. I've seen the pot of pups at Home Depot but I noticed that each plant had mealybugs. I want to split a pot between friends, Dad and myself. Some pots I've seen have like 8 pups stuffed in one pot lol.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2011
9:13 AM

Post #8929234

No red in mine at all. I use to have one at home and that is the only plant that my cat chewed on constantly, which is amazing to me because the leaves are so sharp. I finally got rid of hit because it was just horrible looking, I think my nephew took it.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 15, 2011
5:00 PM

Post #8931108

I was surprised when I found the pots of baby ponytail palms at Lowe's this year. I couldn't believe they were really Pony Tail Palms. I have seen alot of Pony Tail Palms but never one with pups. I separated them and they have really took off. I shared 2 of them with friends. I got a 2 gal one this year for 10 dollars are Lowe's. That was the regular price. Could be because we are so tropical here and they do so well. You know supply and demand thing.

My friend Chris is doing really bad. She lost 4 more lbs this week. She had a ct scan because her back was hurting so bad with the last chemo. The dr said it looked good but the blood work shows the cancer is progressing. They started her on the chemo that is used for all kinds of cancer. She has to wear a mask now to keep the chance of catching something to a real minimum. My DS and my DGDs are going to PA tomorrow for 10 days. Chris and her family has invited me to spend Christmas with them. I will go to her house on Fri. Sat we will go to a friend of her DS's house for dinner then on to one of her DS's house for the night and then come back to her house when she is too tired to keep going.

She cried today in group as she said she told her son it is probably her last Christmas. I don't know (I guess I really do) where the strength comes from to keep going to her house and spending time with her. It is going to be terribly hard to watch her go further down. I am not a pessimist but I don't think she has many more months left. I Thank God she has not been sick and throwing up with the chemo and since the last chemo only lasted 3 weeks due to her blood levels her back has stopped hurting. She is a great woman and a very courageous one. As time goes by she will have to have blood transfusions and hopefully that will give her a little energy. Her biggest complaint is she is just so very tired. As I sit here and type it is the first time tears have actually come. I have really fallen in love with this very dear friend. I will be so lost when we are no longer side kicks. Please pray mostly that she not be scared as time goes on. I will hold her hand as long as I can and with a miracle when she is down and can no longer go I will find a way to be by her side. My brother is going to help me get a vehicle but that won't happen over night. I have sold him my antique glass collection. I was hoping to hand it down to my DGs but you have to do what you have to do.

Ok enough about me.

Pregnant onion like to be 90% above the ground. I got some this year and they are doing great. There blooms are beautiful. I promised someone orange cannas and can't remember who. If you will let me know I can get them out to you if it is not too cold where you are to ship.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 15, 2011
5:46 PM

Post #8931177

IloveJesus- my mom was diagnosised with lung cancer this year and as a family we are dealing with the same things. My mom is much braver than I am. You will find the strength and blessings that you need when the time comes. We always do. We save our grief for later when all that needs to be done is done and we cry only when we feel safe to allow ourselves the ability to let go of our need to be strong. I will be here for you and share my strength with you and we will help each other to be strong. My prayers are with you.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 15, 2011
7:10 PM

Post #8931280

I'm so sorry for the sadness any of my Friends are going through, and the uncertainty of what tomorrow may bring. Know everyday each of you are in my thoughts. You summed it up so eloquently, Robyn.

At the end of Summer, I found a small pot of Ponytail Palms on the clearance rack at Lowe's. A pot of three pups was something like $5 and planted them in my friendship bowl to fill in the gaps.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 15, 2011
8:49 PM

Post #8931481

I love you all and wish the best of Faith and calmness during trying times, remember the love thru the years and that will erase any fears.

I get leaf drop on everything all winter long, if they were outside we would never notice it..

Thumbnail by joeswife

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
6:08 AM

Post #8931767

rofl...boy that was right Debra, never thought about it "if they were outside we would never notice it"...rofl. Talk about a dahhh moment. At my house when they drop outside they end up in the next 40 acres because it is so windy and I sure wouldn't notice leaf drop... In the solar room it seems I sweep everyday, because a bloom or leaf has dropped. The garden room I am a little messier so I don't worry on a daily basis, more of a weekly thing.

So much for warm, it was hard frosted on the windshield this morning, but going to be sunny.

(((hugs))) for all of you going thru such hard times.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2011
6:16 AM

Post #8931780

Well the wonderful folks who came by on Tuesday and saw the stray pups I have, who said they wanted them, and would be back on Thursday when her husband got home from out of town, were a no show, no call, no nothing...oh I know they didn't say which Thursday...grrrrrh. Don't these folks know I have their phone number? I wanted to call last night and ask what time they would be by, just to make them tap dance, but DH said no...and I wouldn't have done it anyway. I want my little guys to go to a home that wants them. I might write a letter to the editor about the scum of life that dump dogs, the scum of life who tell you they are coming by and don't have the decency to call and tell you they changed their minds... Think I will just keep the pups, I don't need 6 dogs but at least I know I will take care of them. Now I need to name them...hummmmm.

Thumbnail by happgarden

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 16, 2011
6:53 AM

Post #8931820

How about Jackson and Amos?

Happ, I'm glad you will give them a good home. It's a shame people just dump unwanted animals in the country. I've heard a lot about it and it ticks me off. I can't imagine what it would be like seeing the outcome of such cruelty.

This message was edited Dec 16, 2011 6:55 AM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2011
3:56 PM

Post #8932478

Sweet puppies Happ. Wish I was closer.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 17, 2011
6:58 AM

Post #8932933

Hey everybody - just waving hello before I shut this thing down to go out and enjoy another unseasonably warm December day. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend, and I understand next week is Christmas so you prolly have your lists and shopping and baking and entertaining. GAH!

In many ways I am glad I don't have that frenzy. In a couple of ways, I think I may be a little jealous. To satisfy that I will go and bake some cookies or something for Court. Maybe I'll find another string of lights to put on my dwarf Alberta Spruce that I brought around from the backyard to the front walk and decorate it as my outdoor living tree. :)

Does anyone else have dwarf spruce in container outside? I had 2 and almost lost one last season to heat/not enough water. I babied it thru the season and put it in a larger plastic pot which retains water better than the glazed clay it was in. It is fairly thin, not quite a Charlie Brown Christmas tree, but it's not as thick and lush as the second plant I describe above. I thought about putting it into the ground, but haven't got there yet. I was just pleased to get some new growth this spring. Anyway. The one out front shows a little lopsided and know better than to prune it right now.

Anyway - it's Saturday and I'm gonna enjoy it!!!

Loveya.
A.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8933630

Amanda we had amazing weather today, it was in the low 60's, no coats needed. Tomorrow is suppose to be warmer!
We bought a real tree one year to plant outside afterwards, it did survive, but it was tough. It drank a ton of water, then we had to put it in the garage to cool it off, to get ready to go outside after Christmas. The cat kept climbing it, but can't blame the cat, a tree is a tree...rofl. Never had one in a pot for all winter, course I am zone 5 and I am guessing it would freeze solid. I am trying to keep a hosta in a pot all winter, we will see how that works, all the hosta folks tell me it will work.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 18, 2011
10:04 AM

Post #8934337

Whizzing by...Glad everyone is getting it together. I ahve amaryllis blooming. Just need to unearth the camera from somewhere and take a pic.

Had some snow last night and it is cold out there now. No big deal.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 18, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8934850

Ha ha - yep Neener - getting it all together here.

Cold out there tonight also - not liking that one bit, but it's Christmas week!

G'night everyone. Got to turn this stupid news off.

A.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
4:45 AM

Post #8935195

Peeking in and waving as well ... seeing all the joys and heartaches of this holiday season. ♥♥♥

Peace to all. ♥
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2011
5:53 AM

Post #8935246

rvnsbrk, show us some pics. None of mine are blooming at all. Do you know what kind.

A, tonight and tomorrow will be rain, sleet, and snow. They are saying no measureable snow, which scares me to death...rofl. Traffic won't be bad this week cause lots of people take vacation. Can't wait until I can be off to enjoy the holidays. This year is as good as it gets with the holiday being on the weekend, I will have some breathing room.

Course DH hasn't started shopping yet, so I am always wrapping his stuff at the last minute. He buys for his friends (the male side and I buy for the female side), and then he buys stuff for his grown son. This year it is pretty simple tho, DH rebuilt an old VW beetle engine for DS, so it is on the engine stand waiting. DS will be so happy, he bought an old vw beetle truck thing and has been working on it.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
9:02 AM

Post #8935482

Here they are Happ.. Don't know their names. I'm bad. Try not to get too attached because they are usually only here for a year. :0)

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
9:08 AM

Post #8935490

This is the apricot one.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2011
9:47 AM

Post #8935528

Love that top one. ♥♥♥ They are both lovely.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 19, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8935543

rvnsbrk WOW those are beautiful. I absolutely love both but never seen an apricot one. I would hate if my Amaryllis were only here for a year. That is what I have the most of. They don't bloom every year as I would like but I fed them bone meal 2 times this year so I hope that helps. The new ones I got I mixed bone meal in the potting soil I planted them in. I hope that doesn't hurt them.

Chris DSs spent 2 days with her this weekend. I talked to a friend and she said she thinks Chris will skip chemo this week as it really put her down last week. She finally got off the couch and took a shower with Brandy's help yesterday. Fri she was so weak she didn't answer the phone. That is not like her but she started the new chemo last Wednesday.

I had to get a few things at Lowe's and found a pot of 2 31/2 ft Plumerias for 5 dollars. One of them is Y'ed. A really great find. I also at the 99 cent store found 1 yellow and 1 white kalanchoe (sp) I wish I would have bought 1 of each color but I didn't. Still don't have my hoop house covered. I am lost on how to get it covered. I may have to try all by myself. (sigh)

This message was edited Dec 19, 2011 12:01 PM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2011
7:44 PM

Post #8936349

gee Sandy, I wish I lived close enough to help you help Chris and help you with your hoop house too. Gee, I wish I could zap you and court here for christmas day festivities, Amanda. Gosh I wish I could get my amrarillis to bloom like that, mine from Fruity did last year, but it has leaves right now.
Can't they go into the ground in winter like those pink naked ladies?

wish my dollar store woujld have plants for sale.

My lowes prolly don't even know what a plummie is.
Joyce, if I could take your cute lil pups I would, but I promised me and Joe no more pets for a while. I miss Duke Dog so very much.
party was okay, but no pics.. we left before the dancing part.. my back is hurting like it did when I first hurt it in june of 10. SIGH..
heat pad and aleve are my best friends tonight..
can u see the only pets we have in this picture?

Thumbnail by joeswife

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 19, 2011
8:25 PM

Post #8936410

You gots some goldies in there? :)
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 19, 2011
9:00 PM

Post #8936453

Thanks Debra how very thoughtful and sweet. I told my DS's friend who rents a room I would make him his own very own batch of no bake cookies if her covered the Hoop house, Put up 2 florescent bulbs, put a new part on q vapor light and...you never know what I will find. He is really thinking and saying lets see what I can get done. mmmmmm May just work :)

I am really tired tonight. I talked to Chris and she sounds a little better..I told her I was really worried Sat that she would make it to Christmas and she said her too.

nite nite
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2011
6:10 AM

Post #8936756

Debra, I see those little fishes, mine in the pond are enjoying the pond heater. They are no dummies and stay right up against the heater. It has been a great purchase, I didn't put it in early enough and the other Saturday a few back I had to put pans of hot water on the ice to melt thru and stick the heater in. I have a heater for a bird bath and I need to get it in also.

I read the amaryllis originated in South America's tropical regions and has the botanical name Hippeastrum. I put mine outside in the summer but bring in before cold weather. Mine need replanted soooo bad. They do have bulblets on the edges, so I must be doing something right. I have tried to rebloom mine. The article I read said they need a cold period 40 to 50 after the leaves died. I thought the leaves died and when you started watering again they would bloom. Guess I need to check it out a bit more. I still have brugs blooming in the solar room. I have a white I posted pictures on, but it sure turns an ugly brown when it is dying back. Not sure I like that.

Lots of rain last night but that was all, just a flake or two of snow. Bass our basset goes in for surgery today. The vets downtown said that it was like thyroid cancer in the neck and localized, they felt confident they could get it all, but the problems arise it is close to blood vessels and things. They will keep him for a couple of days afterwards. So that is good news. Be glad when I hear all is ok.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 20, 2011
9:23 AM

Post #8936920

Ooooooo Sandy you are not playing fair with those no-bake cookies, but you are running out of time and ideas. Ha ha ha a -let us know how it goes.

Happ - keeping my toes crossed that everything goes smoothly for Bass.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2011
9:34 AM

Post #8936935

Joyce

saying prayers for Bass. Hug him for me.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2011
12:27 PM

Post #8937039

Well Bass came thru with flying colors (I believe that color is green (money)...rofl) so he was in recovery when I talked to them. I am so glad. We can't bring him home until some time tomorrow depending on how he is doing. I am surprised DH didn't stay with him, they are buds. DH retired right after we got Bass so they are together constantly. I know it seems silly to those that don't have pets but...what can I say.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2011
2:55 PM

Post #8937187

Oh, I am so glad... I will always have pets - there are times I would rather just be with the animals than with people...
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2011
4:08 PM

Post #8937258

I'm so happy to hear about Bass. I agree that sometimes I prefer animals to people. I sit with a picture of my jake beside me and he has been gone for three years now. He's the only man in my life that was one hundred percent great. Have a great night everyone.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2011
5:19 PM

Post #8937330

Oh Joyce, I am so glad they could take care of Bass. Thank Goodness for good Vets.
I agree, sometimes I perferred Duke over Joe, ALOT of times, I guess. He just loved me adoringly all the time, no matter what I did or said, he was such a good Duke Dog. Now don't get me wrong, I love my Joe... if only he would sit at my feet and keep them warm, that would be great! LOL
Came home to Joe's ham cheese and potatoe bake tonight, and last night he had red beans and rice and jalepeno corn muffins waiting for me. Gee, Wish he was home all the time, he is a great wife!
Hav'nt gotten much done on baking yet, my back has flared up and I am on heat when I get home.. did good to get a few cards done today at work between calls, so much to do and no time to do it in while I feel good. Which is when I am asleep?
Anyway, Joyce, I can't wait to hear you tell us you have him home and post his picture..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
4:37 AM

Post #8937902

Good news on Bass Happ.. So glad he is good!

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 21, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8937911

Yesterday Wally World had Cyclamen for $2 ea. I picked out 3 of the best and if they fluff out enough, I want to give them as gifts. (Well, one for me!) Then lowe's had some bromileads reduced and I wanted some of those, too, but they were not reduced enough. There was a beautiful dish garden for $7 but I beat myself off it. I did get some dried out staghorn ferns that I think I can revive, and maybe even sell. Also an orchid that is green with a pink lip. Hope it grows. It is very small now.
Kids are here, but they seem to have their own agenda so much that I often feel deserted when they are here. I guess I better get started. Lots to do around here today for Christmas as well as the standard stuff to keep the household running.

Merry Christmas to you all.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

December 21, 2011
5:10 AM

Post #8937921

Here is my back porch Xmas tree:

Thumbnail by goldhillal

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8937958

that is a beautiful tree! Gee my lowes and Wallyworlds don't have anything exciting, plant wise..
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2011
8:43 AM

Post #8938138

Thanks everyone. We haven't heard from the vets today...hummmm.

Pretty tree Goldy, it is beautiful all lite up in the dark. One year when I was single we went out in a field and cut a tree, you know in the field it didn't look that big, in a studio apartment it turned out to be huge...rofl...

Debra, I think our plant days around us are long over until spring...rofl. We are going to just have to envy all these southern gals...Did you get buried in snow? We had ice this morning, 2 hours to get to work...

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 21, 2011
9:01 AM

Post #8938149

It is pouring here - I would definitely rather have rain than snow...

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2011
9:03 AM

Post #8938153

Woke up to near 60 degrees. Raining, misty. Makes me think of a song, but not a yuletide!

Nice and quiet here, neighbor's MIL came yesterday, a neighbor up the street had a party for kids and Santa came, invited to the neighbor's Christmas even dinner. Court will head out probably Saturday morning for VA Beach. Their traditional dinner is a pot of steamed shrimp! He was disappointed last year when granny served a turkey.

I like sitting with my little tree. A church not far plays bells at 9 a.m., 12 p.m., and 5 p.m. Lovin' the Christmas concerts this week. Have to go listen now.

Hope you all take it easy on yourselves!!!

Love,
A.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2011
9:07 AM

Post #8938156

Carolyn - this doesn't make any kind of sense to me, but I find I have to keep changing the time setting on my preferences on DG. We posted back to back at a little afternoon, but it's showing an hour ahead. Apparently we have to change to "Eastern Standard Time" and off from "Eastern Daylight Savings". D'OH!!!

Edited to say "Holy crow?!" (I am saying crow now instead of Crap because Froot said it's not ladylike.)

When I changed that time up there on the right all of your posts changed times too. Crazy.

A.

This message was edited Dec 21, 2011 12:08 PM
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 21, 2011
9:25 AM

Post #8938172

Amanda -

I did see where my DG time was different than the actual time, but my laptop at home is on a strange time as well. I noticed it back last fall and thought perhaps it was because DST used to be in October - so I changed the time on my laptop only to find the computer put the time back to being an hour off. At that point in time, I decided that was on my list of 'Things I Cannot Change'.

Funny you say that - I can see Fruity giving you the dickens.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2011
10:32 AM

Post #8938234

Guess I will look at the time this post, haven't in the past.

I kind of like holy crow...rofl.

Heard from the vet, bass is coming home. He had some throat swelling yesterday, glad they had him, but he is alert and ready to come home. DH was heading out to go get him. DH hates to drive in the city, this make 3 trips over an hour each way, in the gas guzzling truck...he will be crying the blues over glas this weekend. Gas has gone down around here so I am not whining as much about it.

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8938236

Well I checked and my time is correct for what it is worth.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2011
10:52 AM

Post #8938261

Carolyn and Happ - I also say "poo" which is almost socially acceptable.

I did want to mention that since my crow "rescue" this spring life hasn't been the same. My friend "Edgar Albert Crow" was released back into my backyard after 2 months of rehab here at my sanctuary. He sits on the fence outside the kitchen window and screams to be fed everyday. He is full-grown and completely capable. I think he's lazy OR incredibly smart. He's got me and Court both trained very well to be at his beck and cawww!

Holy crow! :D

A.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2011
1:09 PM

Post #8938395

I'm afraid I'm far from lady like but also far from having the mouth of a sailor. I tend to say Holy Bumble Butts or Bottoms. It get a bit of a chuckle from people :D
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2011
1:34 PM

Post #8938421

I don't swear like I used to but Crap on a Crackers is one of my favorites. Not sure I could give up the word crap. It's one of the few vices I still have.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2011
3:50 PM

Post #8938540

Well, I had to be a big girl and listen to my Dad today. Not pleased about that. I was going to buy some plants with Christmas money from my mom but he suggested I buy some clothing.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
6:18 PM

Post #8938658

Waving hi to everyone! I stayed off my computer intentionally for a couple of days just to see if I could and sorta pretended to be on a deserted Island with no internet...lol Not an easy thing to do! Been cleaning out...again...and now have at least six loads to donate to Goodwill that are packed and stacked on our back porch. I am determined to be clutter free, or as close to it as I can be, in 2012. I haven't worked at a 'real' job for several years and still had very nice 'professional' clothes and shoes in my closet that I'll never wear again. Cleaning out for me is uplifting knowing someone else can use my stuff and be glad to have it.

We were reminiscing last week-end during our family dinner that hubby and I moved in our house 18 years ago to the day. Crystal, the first tree we ever had was an Eastern Red Cedar hubby cut down in the woods. I still have an old pic of it with the few decorations I had or made and him hanging the star! Of all the trees we've had, I still think they're my favs and have enjoyed having them off and on over the years. They smell so good and are plentiful around here.

Well chit, Manda, you know me better than that, Girl! Holy Crow is another saying that'll help clean up my mouth, and I won't have to put as many quarters in the swear jar.
Got your gist too, Robyn, and said close to the same thing last week when our new roof leaked. Wouldn't you say a roof put on in October a year ago is still new when the shingles are warranted for 20 years?! I swear the adventures living in an old house never cease to amaze me, no matter what we do to keep it up. It's been paid for for 8 years but is still a money pit.

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2011
6:23 PM

Post #8938660

If it had been my roof I'ld have sounded like a sailor! I hope you got a hold of the manafactorer. My roof has leaked for the entire 15 yrs weve lived here. When who ever built the addition they put on a flat roof and to really fix it we will have to redo the entire roof and that's a long way off. Same person put in a skylight the wrong way too. By the time the rain stops I'm quacking. Oh well, I'm just thankful that the roof is there. Good evening to all.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 21, 2011
8:05 PM

Post #8938825

Froot - you know I was just kidding. Saying bad words is one thing, but purposefully putting them in print, well that makes me a little self-conscious.

Mom was right about some things after all. I wasn't allowed to chew gum growing up either because it wasn't lady-like. Well I'm afraid with 4 brothers it was bound to happen, but she tried. Momma tried. ;)

Hope everyone is keeping their wits about them this week. I'll be thinking of you. And Froot - one of my very first lawsuits was representing a condo development where they'd put 40 year shingles on 122 units. They eventually got paid in squares, not dollars. Keep us posted. Hope you're staying dry.

Loveya.
A.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 22, 2011
4:36 PM

Post #8939719

Fruity you should have 5 to 10 yrs on the labor of your new roof. Get out your paper work and give them some heck. I should have but could not find the roofer so had to reroof all of it. They had roofed a rubber roof over the other one on the almost flat roof and did not seal it. That is 2 major no no's. Here is a picture. I am going to try to get the guy who hired them to make it good even if I have to go to judge judy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I may not play fair with the cookies but I have done 2 out of the 3 jobs and the 3rd one is not worth cookies. I put in the floursent lights and tried to cover the hoop house but it is too big for just me so I moved them all into the garage yesterday. Soooooo no darn cookies being made except for Chris' family. He has been after me for months to make them but guess he didn't want them bad enough. Was a lot of work but I got it done. The rest a sheet and a few lights I can hang up. Key word "I"

mmmm can taste those cookies now when I make them tomorrow at Chris' house. *mmmmm* bet next time he will *work for cookies* and if not nooooooooooooooo cookies. I have needed to go shopping and I have been promised and promised to be taken...I am soooo good to all of them...but no more. I will treat myself with the money I spend on them grown ups. I am allllways (not even last more like not ever thought of) My therapist talked about a time she bought a basket and filled it with all kinds of expensive stuff for her brother. He never acknowledged he got it. She said she was not Stupid Nice again. He could have said thanks or wow but nothing. That is me and I continue to be *Stupid Nice* but after today NOOOOOO more. I have all of you and Chris who appreciates me. I will concentrate on all of you and myself. That is not greedy just smart. Making cookies without my needs being met would be stupid nice. Cheap rent is to include things I need done and I can count on less than 1 finger my stuff being done. I ask 2 months ago and my DS goes atleast every other day to his PO box that I need some small flat rate boxes. I got them delivered from the mail lady today. My middle name is Naive and today I change it to "Do unto myself what I want others to do unto me and they don't" I cried in group today because I love to give and would love 1/10 of what I do done to me and it is too much to ask. I am ok now and facing the future taking care of me.

ok off of my soap box...on to other things..
(MAJOR HUGSS for all of you and little Bass)

Thumbnail by ilovejesus99

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 22, 2011
4:45 PM

Post #8939726

Awww Sandy - sorry none of us live closer. I wish I could find a dozen or so people "like me" ha ha - I was one day trying to think of someone who would come over to help me do my garden this summer because my stupid hand was broke, but I realized that there was no one "like me" who would just come over and be "stupid nice" just for shits n grins.

It does often take a woman to do a man's work. Sorry to all the good men on this thread and some of your hubbies/BFs who do everything w/o asking. Like Debra (Joeswife) I often wish I had a Joe around here! :D

I learned not to ask my BF to help me with things because it tends not to end well.

I am all for you looking out for #1. Save your energy.

Loveya girlie. And to the rest of you folks longing for spring . . . it was over 65 degrees here today. Sat on the back porch in a short sleeved blouse marveling at the temp. Too bad it started to rain again. I could have sat there all day.

A.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 22, 2011
5:13 PM

Post #8939752

Well my DS gf just texted to see if she can take me shopping tomorrow (we were suppose to go Tues. then today and never heard from her...haha she knew I couldn't so why did she bother to ask??? Oh well I am going to Chris house tomorrow and to her friends house at 12 noon Sat and I have met her 1 time for maybe 20 min and she bought me gifts. Chris said one is a purple robe. WOW We will be going to her son Jason's house Sat night to see her 3 yr old DGS open his gifts Christmas and then to her other DS for dinner. We were suppose to stay at the other sons house but Jason ask her to ask me if it is ok we stay at his house Christmas eve...I met him 10 min one day just 10 min. I have never met David and he said we can spend Sunday night there at his house. I told her I feel like family because they are asking if it is ok with me not her. wow

I ask my DS GF if she could come get me on the way to the airport to get my DS and DGD's so I can be here when them and her kids open presents when she said she has a full car with her 2 kids I ask if she could come Sunday night and get me from Chris'. She never directly answered. I told my son I hope she can get me sunday night He said she has company from out of town...yeah her sister she stayed here 2 nights to avoid. And is suppose to stay here Fri and Sat night to stay away from her sister who is in town. I told him I may stay at Chris Monday night so him and Amanda can be alone since the DGDs (If they can't take a few min for me to enjoy Christmas with them and my DGD's why should I bother to hurry home?) leave for their moms right after opening gifts Mon morn. and I wouldn't be home till 3:00pm He ask why Chris can't bring me...She started a new Chemo last wed and I didn't think she would make it through the weekend. She hasn't driven for 2 months...what is he thinking??? maybe about himself ya think? Thank God my DB is helping me get a used vehicle I am tired of being trapped. I can't borrow cars I feel like the kid not the mom. OH well another B session sorry. I am just so frustrated. I am not even last unless they need something then I am atleast thought of last but only for their benefit then I fall back to less than last. :( Yep Stupid Nice I am...no more

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 22, 2011
6:01 PM

Post #8939793

Here for ya girlie!!! :)

I'll be checking in on you.

xoxo
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 22, 2011
6:11 PM

Post #8939810

Thanks Amanda. :)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2011
7:08 PM

Post #8939881

We're all here for you, Sandy! (((HUGS))) Put yourself first and you'll always come out on top. You're head and shoulders above bickering and the BS that flows downstream.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2011
4:41 AM

Post #8942121

Waving, reading through and catching up with ya'll a bit. So *happy* to hear about Bass. Made my day.

55 here today. I'm still planting. :-)

Merry Christmas, ya'll.

:-)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2011
7:41 PM

Post #8942704

xox. :)

A.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8943772

FruitOfTheVine wrote:We're all here for you, Sandy! (((HUGS))) Put yourself first and you'll always come out on top. You're head and shoulders above bickering and the BS that flows downstream.

I AGREE!

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 27, 2011
3:31 AM

Post #8943891

I am catching up here as well. Seems things are slowing down for a bit - not a bad thing.

Sandy - I am so sorry things are so difficult for you right now. You are such a good person and I know it may take some time but I do think they will work out for you. {{Hugs}}

Joyce - I was so glad to hear Bass came through his surgery with flying colors - how is he feeling now? I love it when the vets tell you to 'keep him quiet' after surgery. I don't know about you, but I have never been able to do that...

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8943937

Carolyn, Bass is like him old self if not better, he rolls over and barks (a very hoarse bark which is funny) and demands his belly be rubbed, he's sitting up, he opened Christmas presents, gosh he is doing great. It is amazing. We have not heard the test results yet but so far everything is great.

I am at work and thank goodness that is all that is required right now...heavens, between non-stop fun and running I am shot! Sides waking up at 2:00 am and not being able to go back to sleep. Everyone is gone except for us skeleton crew.

We are going to have temps in the 50's all week, wowzer, that is amazing. Nothing like last year.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2011
7:52 AM

Post #8944071

Keep that warm weather coming Happ. At least until my renovation is done. Pouring rain here right now. Packing up my kitchen and trying to figure out what to keep handy and what to box up. Guess you can tell my brain got overloaded and I sat down here. :0)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8944162

I got all those daffodils planted the other day, Joyce. :-) Last year at this time we had already had three or four snows, snow and ice on the ground for the holidays too. :(
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2011
12:41 PM

Post #8944365

Oh Cville, glad you got those daffs in the ground, I really tossed that back and forth rather to send them. I got several different varities for you, sure hope they do well. I like daffs like you, it is such hope when you see their little smiling faces in the cold spring. I like tulips also but they do not have the staying, speading power of daffs.

We had a very short spell of cold, enough for the watergarden to freeze and me out in the freezing cold trying to make an air hole...geehz, the heater is in there now, and my fish are no dummies, they all stay right under the heater...rofl.

rvnsbrk, I am feeling for you, we just got the kitchen completed this year, hurray hurray hurray...but it is all worth it, so just hang in there! You'll make it.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2011
12:48 PM

Post #8944376

Yes, I have the tags from the bags ... Fortune, Tahiti, Mount Hood, Cheerfulness, and Ice Follies. All very beautiful trumpets or doubles. :-) :-)

I took one of each kind and planted them all together in a big pot. I'll see what I think of that come Spring but they can still all go in the ground. Probably those will go out in the front yard for a change. Exciting!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2011
7:15 PM

Post #8944909

Hi all ... I just found this thread and thought I'd crash in on you! :-)

I don't seem to get on as much as I use to, but I will be lurking in the wings watching and reading.

I would like to invite you all to join my January swap. It is a Sock/Sniff/Sip swap and should be a lot of fun! We have 17 signed up right now and the more the merrier. I'm taking sign-ups until Jan. 15th then send out will be between then and Jan. 31st. I figured that will be about the time things start to lull and we can use a little post Christmas pick-me-up. Here is the link if you would like to check it out.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1233609/#new

Patti

This message was edited Dec 27, 2011 9:26 PM

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2011
7:10 AM

Post #8945264

((((Patti))))

Hope you enjoyed the holidays. :)

I'm trying to stay "up" tho' the aftermath of the warm spirit of Christmas (there I said it!!!) for me is a little cold.

Milk jugs and wintersowing are just around the corner! :D

Thanks all for keeping me grounded.

Loveya.

(grounded, get it?)

A.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2011
2:07 PM

Post #8945618

I got all my jugs drilled and even did some sowing. I got all the coneflowers started. There are still plenty of jugs to fill tomorrow. While doing this I realized I want (need) more containers. Time to visit the neighbors.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2011
6:30 PM

Post #8945910

I have not started yet. Still trying to get through the holidays...

I remember as a child, I was always so excited and I remember that excitement always gave me so much energy. How I wish I had that energy.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8946038

Yes, though I have jugs scattered around my potting shed and tool shed, I have already put the word out to the neighbors.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2011
7:33 AM

Post #8946426

((((((((((((((everyone)))))))))))))))))))) HI!

Haven't started any winter sowing here yet. We are above normal for temps right now. Going to be 65 today and 67 Saturday! I can't do any planting that I need to to TERRIBLY, because we are having my DH family Christmas here Saturday and I have cooking and cleaning to do. Maybe we will get another warm spell again and I can get my amarylis and lillies in the ground. I probably won't do any ws'ing until Feb or March.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 29, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8946524

I probably won't get to my WS'ing for a couple of weeks either. I need to get through the holidays first. Company has left and the house is a disaster...

What are you all WSing? I have some seeds set aside, nicotianias and the like.

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 29, 2011
10:15 AM

Post #8946594

Carolyn that's a pretty MG. Is it the tri color convuvulus (?) I bought some this past spring and they didn't bloom true to the picture. I was so looking forward to them because they looked like Easter eggs on the seed packet!

I will be WS some AWESOME native wildflowers that I received in trade this season - thanks to all of you on DG I have seed for practically every flower I have ever wanted. Too bad my yard did not get bigger at the same rate as my seed collection!

Carolyn you asked so I'll tell - Rattlesnake master, Veronicastrum virginianum, hoary vervain, Tahoka daisy, are a few that spring to mind. There are just too many seeds back there and I don't know how I will do it. Court will be glad because he'll be able to quit mowing. I have one neighbor on one side who is physically handicapped and I have planted some arborvitaes I bought last season on clearance as a "break" to keep the hawks off my birdfeeders. He managed somehow to kill a giant black pine tree in his front yard (I think he's scared of bugs and has crazy amounts of bug spray(s) on his front porch). Anyway this giant old pine came down, and I have free license in his yard. MAN the soil is so incredibly rich there. Though I am only digging up nandinas and liriope from the backyard here from the previous occupants, I will think very hard about what I can plant there to create a living wall for him to hide behind.

On the other side of me the woman that owns this giant plot is in a nursing home (must be an acre, but I have no sense of size/space), and I was thinking yesterday about inquiring of her daughter if she would mind me planting it up with weeds. Somehow I doubt it. The sensibilities of old old daughters of even older mothers in nursing homes prolly prefer tidy green grass. We have really been fortunate to have that open space next door - we feed the crows on that side of the fence. I will be sad when they finally sell it. The land is certainly worth more than the tiny house that sits on it. O well.

Much as I tried today (not really) I could not be in a bad mood. I put up a suet cake this week where I had stopped because of the rodents this summer. I saw my boyfriend, a red bellied woodpecker, for the first time in ages. My crow rescue, Edgar, enjoyed very much his breakfast of hot dogs and stale bread donated by a neighbor, and someone (!!!) has renewed my DG subscription thru the turn of the century.

I suspect I know who, but I could suspect any one of you kind generous souls. When I'm down I wonder when "what goes around" is going to come around. Ha ha - got pretty down there for several years after I left my profession with mean people lurking at every turn. I have been in hiding for years now, went back to Boston for work and didn't really tell anyone when I came back. Now, thanks to the new neighbors across the street I am on the invite list for all the parents with young children, our social calendar has been busier this past 6 months than it has in the last 6 years, and my pals here on DG keep me tethered to the real world whether I like it or not.

Thanks for pulling me thru.

hugs and kisses to all you sweet things. I would say "ladies" but Al (lycodad) or Corey may be lurking, and I wouldn't want to discourage these brave men from participating.

Thank you thank you thank you. These little things make me so happy.

Loveya.
A.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 29, 2011
11:43 AM

Post #8946643

Amanda

tri color convuvulus (?) - that is what it is. This next season, I want to try the red one. I wanted to get seeds from the blue one pictured above, but that snow we had back in October, ruined my changes of getting seeds from a number of things I had growing.

Rattlesnake master sounds familiar - is that a white ecinops? I bought some seeds last year for a white ecinops and never got to plant them. Now, I have a number of seeds that I just cannot find. Things got shifted around a lot this past year. Dave received an antique desk that was his grandparents this past summer. I had to move everything out of the old desk and set up a new seed station, because I was not going to be the one to mess up his antique desk. So, Lord knows where anything is...

Let me know if you end up in the Boston area again. I do get to Boston periodically...

Need to get moving - I have dishes in the kitchen that are calling my name...

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 29, 2011
7:00 PM

Post #8947093

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Sandy, I'll say some special prayers for you and Chris. I know all about 'stupid nice' since I've been burned several times myself.

DH has been at his new job for almost a month now. He's been back and forth to Boston a couple of times and will be going again later in January. Looks like I'll be joining him for a weekend. Any must-see nurseries or gardens that are open in January? :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 29, 2011

Post #8947169

Carey:

Hmmmm - that's a toughie - will you have a car to travel?

The Harvard Arboretum is a must see:

http://arboretum.harvard.edu/

There is Mt. Auburn cemetery which is another phenomenal stop, but I'm not sure whether they're open to the public in January:

http://www.mountauburn.org/

My personal favorite, Garden in the Woods, run by the New England Wildflower Society, is in Framingham, but I don't think IT is open to the public in January either.

http://www.newfs.org/

The Massachusetts Horticultural Society may offer some guidance.

http://www.masshort.org/

You won't believe this, but January is not the most hospitable time of year to see gardens and nurseries in Massachusetts. :D

Loveya!
A.

This message was edited Dec 29, 2011 11:22 PM
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 30, 2011
7:54 AM

Post #8947540

Carey -

I was thinking the arboretum as well. There are a lot of other places to go in Boston as well. Faneuil Hall is always fun, but again that is something for the summer. Check out the New England Aquarium - you could do that now and it is always fascinating there...The Constitution was moored there last I knew - another thing - if you and hubby have time, again this is better in warmer weather - Salem is just north of Boston and that is a blast as well... Hubby and I have not done the Freedom walk yet, but will someday. I know we were in Kings Chapel for a wedding and that is on the Freedom walk.

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 30, 2011
5:35 PM

Post #8948330

Well I just typed a whole long paragraph and got booted off. The joys of living way out in the country.
Wanted to show those who have been wanting a GH the one I got.

Thumbnail by GAgirl1066

GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 30, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8948333

Ok, Finally, now the info - bought it at Tractor Supply...its a 10 x20...$299...easy to put up, but it does take some time. And it can be portable, or easy to take down, if you didn't want to leave it up all year. So far I have not ran any heat in it and the plants are doing fine.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 30, 2011
5:57 PM

Post #8948352

Thank you ladies! DH will have a day of work while I'm there so I think that's when I'll escape to Harvard since he just doesn't appreciate greenery like I do. Men! ;) I'm hoping I'll get up there again in the spring or summer when he has to make another trip there. Hopefully we'll have more time then. We'll actually be centered out of Waltham but do have a rental car to use.

Paula, that thing is AWESOME!! Only $299??? I wonder if they carry it at our TSC? I'm going to have to make a small trip tomorrow...maybe that can be my big Christmas gift. lol

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 30, 2011
6:25 PM

Post #8948383

Carey - so you know, the Arnold Arboretum is only trees. That's my recollection anyway. Of course, the new landscaping design is very cool.

Of the two I'd prefer Mt. Auburn for it's diversity and who doesn't just LOVE a cemetery. Some really fantastic statuaries and old world interest, but some might find that kind of interest a little creepy.

Either way you go, hope you have a fantastic time and have clear weather. Don't forget your earmuffs and scarf just in case the weather decides to return to normal.

A.
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 30, 2011
6:49 PM

Post #8948403

Carey,
Order it online and have it shipped (free) to your store. I doubt they have it in stock, mine didn't. I ordered mine online and then just picked it up at the store. It is heavy, so make sure you have some muscle to help you unload. It is also available in 10 x 10 I think.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
7:01 PM

Post #8948408

Congrats on your hubby's new job, Carey! What a relief. Never have been to Boston and hope you'll take lots pics when you have a chance to go and share them with us.

Paula, I've been thinking about you wondering how you're doing in your new house. Your Christmas must have been extra special this year! I'll definitely check out Tractor Supply, we had a new store open near us last Summer. Was your greenhouse in stock or did you have to order it? I've asked at Lowe's about their greenhouses and all of them have to be special ordered, plus they're way out of my price range. My growing conditions a bit father North are different from yours too, and will be counting on you to give progress reports from time to time about your new greenhouse and at what temp you fire up the heat.

Anybody getting seed catalogs yet? They're rolling in here daily. So far I've only found a Zinnia that I'd like to try next Spring, but am sure my wish list will increase after being bombarded with catalogs next month. Well what the heck, next month is only two days away!

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2011
7:03 PM

Post #8948410

We cross posted, Paula. Good to know it needs to be ordered.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2011
3:14 AM

Post #8948592

Nice greenhouse, Paula. Good for you.

The seed catalogs are rolling in at the rate of several a week now.

Have fun in Boston, Carey. :-) So happy to hear your hubby has a new job. What a relief!
GAgirl1066
Blackshear, GA

December 31, 2011
4:14 AM

Post #8948619

Good Morning,

Fruity,
I have to say, this was probably the worst Christmas ever. I was so busy packing/unpacking I never really decorated the tree or the house. Bought 5 live wreaths to hang outside the windows and they laid on the porch the whole time. And on top of that my dad had back surgery Fri. the 23., so I spent most all of Christmas at the hospital. Anyhoo, its all better now, and next year I am actually looking forward to decorating everything.

The GH...if you will look on the website, under the reviews...there is a person that has one in Pennsylvania I think.

If I have time, I will try to post some new pictures on the house, under the construc. forum. We got some grass put down, but no landscaping so far. Of course thats me, and I just haven't had time, but I can't wait to do it.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2011
8:13 AM

Post #8948787

Oh the New Year is approaching us...
Anyone make resolutions? I heard not to make them for the 1st but to start when life gets back to normal, which for me would be a work day...rofl.

So glad about the job, and I too would love to go to Mass., flowers, history, oh my. Except in the warmer months..rofl, but I would go now for the heck of it. I am usually game for about anything.

Nice greenhouse, bet you are sooooo happy. Everyone having strange weather, Missouri in the 60's end of December, very odd. Course I think we are having 40 mph winds to get us that warm, takes alot of warm gulf breezes a long ways to warm us up.

Oh DH is going to the big city so I will have the house to myself...yes for a few hours! He is retired and here 24/7 I so rarely get time to myself. Don't misunderstand, love him dearly (most of the time..rofl, kidding...well sort of..LOL) Not that I do anything different, I am sure there is someone else out there who understands.

I got a Swan Island Dahlias catalog and it is to die for, color pictures and very very nice. I got it because on a swap my sweetie buddie ordered me some dahlias from Swan Island...love dahlias.
Otherwise I am doing something wrong because I am not getting any catalogs, where ya all getting them from? I need some for those cold winter days/nights, well if they ever show up...LOL
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2011
9:06 AM

Post #8948857

happgarden wrote:
Oh DH is going to the big city so I will have the house to myself...yes for a few hours! He is retired and here 24/7 I so rarely get time to myself. Don't misunderstand, love him dearly (most of the time..rofl, kidding...well sort of..LOL) Not that I do anything different, I am sure there is someone else out there who understands.

I got a Swan Island Dahlias catalog and it is to die for, color pictures and very very nice. I got it because on a swap my sweetie buddie ordered me some dahlias from Swan Island...love dahlias.
Otherwise I am doing something wrong because I am not getting any catalogs, where ya all getting them from? I need some for those cold winter days/nights, well if they ever show up...LOL

I totally 'get it' about your DH. I am in the same boat and it is rare I have time or the house to myself. The problem is on the rare occasions he is out and I am here, I end falling asleep and I miss the time by myself! Must be I need the sleep!

I love Swan Island Dahlias too. My MIL got me started on them several years ago. She would order them for me and it was so exciting to look them up to see the colors and the heights. They keep coming out with new and more gorgeous ones every year and I don't have the room.

ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

December 31, 2011
5:45 PM

Post #8949401

I am glad to be free of my DH but anyone can read some of the threads of when I started on here. Also it took 9 months after he died to realize how awful it really was. I sometime (most of the time) think I missed my chance at happiness. I really hope not but you know they won't come knocking on my door...lol I told one of the therapists if I was at a party my personality would attract someone but that doesn't work in a grocery store...I also find men my age are chasing women 20 yrs younger. I don't want someone 20 years younger than me but seems the guys do. :( Any of your husbands have nice friends? lol

I don't need a man but would love the companionship like movies or dinner. And like monkeymomr said earlier...to dig the holes or in my case cover the hoop house.

I really love the greenhouse...wish I had a cover for mine like that. Really nice Congrats!!!

New year will be here soon. Happy New Years my Wonderful friends!!!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2011
5:49 PM

Post #8949404

DH is very happy to be working too! There was no news for six weeks, and then his phone started ringing like crazy. If the timing had worked a bit better, he may have had multiple offers to entertain. As it was, the company that came in with the first offer was very aggressive. Two interviews one week, flew him to Boston the following week, and an offer the next day. He's really excited about the company and really likes the people. :)

This will be my first trip to Boston so I'm very excited. Amanda, I LOVE trees so that works perfectly. I only get to see real trees when we travel (the trees here are so small compared to the NE). :)

This will be the first new place in a while!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

December 31, 2011
5:50 PM

Post #8949406

Sandy - I used to say "all I need a man for is to push me out of bed." HA.

O well. You'll probably think this is weird, but Court and I have separate rooms. When I invited him to move into my condo I said, "Just don't try to sleep with me." At the time I had 3 dogs and 3 or 4 cats all trying to sleep with me. No room for a man.

Still need to be pushed out of bed. I only have 1 dog left and she sleeps with me. I have to bar the door against the cats because they keep me awake. All this talking about bed is making me want to be there.

Hope you all have a nice evening.

xox
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8949440

I think we reach a time in our lives when a relationship becomes more about compsnionship rather that sex. The couple across the street from me are like that. They've been "seeing" each other for years and she just moved in with him this summer. They do things together and they do things apart, it seems comfortable and reliable. Not much fireworks but lots of nice walks. I think that is the kind of relationship I would like. And as for men looking for young girls, they get what they deserve. Personally, I'm done raising children and am not out looking for one to date. Good grief, I would have to shave my legs and put on make-up.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2011
6:50 PM

Post #8949441

I haven't made New Year's resolutions for years. They're either too hard to keep or just set me up to fail, so instead I make 'want to' and 'need to' lists that I can work on at my own pace year-round.

Thank you all for being my Friends! All I wish for you is to be Happy & Healthy & Prosper in the New Year!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2011
7:24 PM

Post #8949462

Hey guys, don't know how I missed this one for so long! Hope everyone has a safe New Years. I am sitting at my computer with 4 Border Collies and 2 Guardian Dogs all trying to get close to me. I am guessing that folks are shooting off fireworks already. Bad enough when those 40 pounders do it but when the 100 pounders are leaning on you, it is pretty tough.

Guess what!!!!? I got a green house too!!!! Just got it today in fact. Mine is a Harbor Freight one like Roxxanne's. It was on sale and then I got a 25% off coupon so I paid a little more than she did but not much. We were going to put it on a pad of sand but I like the idea of bricks or a wood platform too. We have such winds at times here, coupled with livestock who are curious, so mine will be in the back yard which is the south side of the house, in a clearing between the oaks.

I am so excited about it, but dread the getting it ready part. It is impossible to get anything done around here with all the exceptions that go on. Today I was supposed to have one student for lessons and had five. Then, when we were wrapping up, all h#%$% broke loose up at the top pens where the rescue goats were. Get up there and one is kidding, another is trying to steal her kids and everyone else is looming over them like a bunch of children at a fight. Get the extras into another pen, then get the two girls separated. Babies get born and everything looks ok. 30 minutes later, the doe who was trying to steal goes into hard labor so we get to separate goats again. Then one of the kids that was born last week gets through the fence and takes off on a jaunt, heading who knows where. Off we go trying to corral her, that would have been a funny video. We get her back and head to the house for lunch, now it is almost 3:00.
I realize that I am missing a main ingredient in a dish for tomorrow's brunch and head out to the local store. On the way out, I stop to check on the new arrivals only to find ANOTHER doe in labor! Try calling DH and DS, of course neither one is answering their phones. So I hang around to make sure everything is ok, and this time one of the kids has front leg problems. She is knuckled over on the fronts of her fetlocks. We will see how she does in the morning to know whether or not we need to splint them. Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow will be calmer.
Oh, and did I mention that it was a lovely 77 today? Supposed to be freezing tomorrow night. Crazy weather!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2011
7:58 PM

Post #8949501

I love new life for the new year. Sounds like you got enough for all of us. Congrats on the new kids. Keep us up on the little ones progress. I hope she's ok.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

January 1, 2012
1:15 AM

Post #8949626

Happy New Years everyone! I hope 2012 is good to all of you :) I can't say I enjoyed 2011 but I will say that it had a very very happy ending. The past three days have left me very happy and with one goofy grin on my face.

I will spend a little time this week catching up on posts.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2012
7:20 AM

Post #8949792

HAPPY NEW YEAR...and best wishes to everyone for the New Year!

Ok, guys who are you getting the catalogs from? I did clean out the entry closet and put a small bookshelf under the coats and I put all my gardening and do it yourself magazines on the book shelf.

wowzer Joy, I don't know how you know which direction you are going...rofl. All the new baby kids how wonderful. What a great way to end the year. Hope they are all healthy!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Highland Rim of TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #8949806

Happy 2012!! :-)
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 1, 2012
7:40 AM

Post #8949810

Wow that is a lot of kids being born. Sounds like your whole day was a high speed pace.

Quoting:Good grief, I would have to shave my legs and put on make-up.
OMGosh Monkey that is sooooo funny but so true. I hate to shave my legs but can't understand why my DM had so little and light hair on hers and my legs have a lot and it is almost black. Guess I got it from my Dad...rotflol but it is not really funny...lol

Carey I am so happy for you and your DH. What wonderful news to end a year and start a new one with a great job with nice people.

I have to say 2011 was good to me. 2010 came to an end with 10 ECT (shock) treatments and started off 2011 always in tears afraid I would need more and never dig out of that horrible black hole. Here I am happier than I have been in over 40 yrs and looking forward to a good life with or without a man. My biggest problem is I eat to fill the loneliness. I keep saying I have to stop but guess not motivated enough yet.

Joy That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you getting a greenhouse also. That is wonderful.
My friend Chris is holding on. They did not give her as big a dose of the stronger Chemo this time so it did not knock her down as hard as the last one. They did tell her her blood work shows the cancer is still progressing. They put her on prednisone for something to do with the liver. Her urine was dark yesterday not sure that is liver related or she is dehydrated. Made her drink a lot of water but she will call the dr tomorrow and see if they want to give her some fluids or what they think about it.

Her family was so very nice to me. A friend of her sons wife had us for dinner Christmas eve. She put so many bags on the couch and told me they were mine. I was so shocked and excited at the same time. There was a purple robe (flannel) which is great as I have to really thick robes that I love but don't wear as they are way to bulky and uncomfortable. She got me a picture frame that says Live, Laugh and Love, a purple bottle top necklace, purple scarf, purple socks, 2 beautiful snowflake dish towels, and I really bet I have missed something. Chris got me a dog ring holder, 2 snowman pot holders and a beautiful candle holder. Chris' son and wife got me the most soft blanket with cheetah print on one side and lamb look on the other. I could not believe how great I was treated. And all the food at the 3 houses was delicious.

Finally got home Tuesday and my DS and his GF got me a candle set and a set of bath products. (no comment) The best part was my DGDs were still here and I got to see them before they went to their moms for the rest of Christmas vacation.
I also got the check from my brother for my glassware so I can start shopping for a truck. :) I will finally have my independence back. One of the therapist fri ask if we had 1 wish what would it be. I said to be able to be independent for the rest of my life. Especially doing things for myself.

I am so happy I spent the time with Chris. She spent most of the time laying on their couches but still had fun.

Happy New Year my dear friends (family)
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 1, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #8950237

Catching up here -

Happy New Year to everyone. I know that 2011 has not necessarily been easy for a lot of us. Here's to a new wonderful year for all of us.

Happy 2012.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

January 1, 2012
1:47 PM

Post #8950293

monkeymomr wrote:Personally, I'm done raising children and am not out looking for one to date. Good grief, I would have to shave my legs and put on make-up.

I do the first one but I refuse to do the second. Make up just isn't my thing.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 1, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #8950360

tikipod wrote:

I do the first one but I refuse to do the second. Make up just isn't my thing.

Make up isn't an issue- it's the shaving of the legs that gets me...

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 1, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #8950385

slacks and jeans. That's the answer. My answer, anyhow!
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 1, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #8950402

Quoting:slacks and jeans. That's the answer. My answer, anyhow!
Meeeeeeeeeee to I don't wear make up so I don't worry about that.

Mine too and if I wear (what are those short pants called...On me they only show a little of my ankle but I don't care. If someone is crawling on the floor well that is their problem not mine. Anyone else looking won't have that good of eyes :) It maybe alot of hair and dark but not that of a sasquash...rotflol

I use to tell my husband that I was going to pull it through my legs and braid it to look like leg warmers...lolololol

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #8950441

Carolyn22 wrote:

Make up isn't an issue- it's the shaving of the legs that gets me...

uhm.. I mite shave my legs once a year before the july's 4th swim party?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #8950447

so, here is what collge girl got me for christmas.. besides two new bird and squirrell feeders.. she really makes me laff..
Happy New Year to us all
and what has made you grin for three days ,miss tikipod? hmm? Hmm?

Thumbnail by joeswife

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
4:30 PM

Post #8950466

LOL Capris hide a multitude of sins and you only have to shave legs half way up.

Debra, How fun, and I especially love your hair...lol You're Super Woman with or without a costume.

It's January, folks, and time for a clean slate...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1235499/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America