Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Home Decorating: Best way to get a 300 lb vanity...

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 9, Views: 96
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Seedsower
Franklin, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2011
4:26 AM

Post #8922341

Up to the 2nd floor bathroom?

We had a new vanity with marble top loaded onto our truck Wednesday, the two guys loading it could barely get it on the truck because of the weight.

Now, how do we get it off the truck and up to our 2nd floor bathroom? We don't really have anyone that could help except for maybe one person.

Thanks

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

December 14, 2011
8:10 AM

Post #8929171

It's all one piece? Usually the top comes off

ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2011
12:22 PM

Post #8929501

If it won't come apart you may have to hire some people to move it up the stairs for you. There are slider things you can put on the bottom of heavy things to move them across floors, but that won't help with getting it off the truck and up the stairs.
Seedsower
Franklin, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8929732

yes, it's one piece. I'll see if I can get underneath to see if the top is bracketed on. They did get it off the truck but hauling it up a flight of stairs is another story...

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

December 14, 2011
6:14 PM

Post #8929903

Pulley system thru a window? but it would have to be big enough
You def may have to hire someone to move it upstairs
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

January 25, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #8982236

Up one...rest...up one...rest...up one...person in back needs to be tall enough and strong enough to keep it tilted in right direction.

I've seen heavy old fridges go up stairs on dollie ( y?) one step at a time.
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2012
6:15 PM

Post #8983562

you can use a dolly, and also they have a dolly you could rent probably from an appliance store, that has a motorized track on it for use on stairs.

Seedsower
Franklin, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 14, 2012
2:32 PM

Post #9082446

Well, my hubby wouldn't ask more than one person to help him move this tank to its new 2nd floor location and he dented up the the front of the vanity along the bottom right where you see it when you walk into the room. I've got four dents about the size of a pea in my brand new vanity. It is a dark wood finish. Any idea how to repair these?
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

April 14, 2012
9:58 PM

Post #9082900

Can you steam the dents out?

Can you wood fill and then stain and seal?

Or, you can consider it a memory of the time hubby wouldn 't (once again if anything like my hubby) ask for help when he needed it!

If it is along a kick plate- is it replaceable - maybe you can get a new bottom.
BonnieGardens
Clermont, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 28, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9100920

For the sake of safety and not getting a damaged back hire help if necessary even if its a neighbor. Some back damage isn't worth it and stay with you the rest of your life.
Bonnie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 163 Jul 31, 2007 1:21 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America