I have mouse ears!

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

This is my first EVER leaf to produce! And I've tried dozens and dozens, no exaggeration. None have survived. I'm so excited! I put so many leaves down that I didn't even bother to label any of them, figuring they'd all die as they have in the past, so I don't know what it is, but who cares? I sure hope it continues to grow for me. My sole survivor.

Randi

Thumbnail by seaechoorchids
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Congrats, Randi! Finally! :)

I had the same problem with Begonias until I figured out that I was making too much fuss instead of leaving the poor things alone... LOL

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Oh, and do you recognize these cuttings? :)

Thumbnail by bsimpson1972
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Great job Randi...YAY!

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

CONGRATS! Warning. you will now be HOOKED and start tons more! Don't fight the urge!

Phelan, CA(Zone 8b)

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Olaf, GOOD GRIEF! Those cuttings are REALLY taking off! And I'm so glad to see some are showing the variegation. I was afraid they wouldn't, as the mother plant is losing more and more of her variegation. I haven't been pinching out the non variegated stems, so its mostly my fault! Can't wait until you have a big plant. By the looks of things, it'll be a very good size by next summer! So happy for you!

Randi

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Thanks Randi!

Loss of variegation can be caused by a number of things. A lot of times it's too little/too much light or too little/too much fertilizer or a fertilizer with too much Nitrogen.

The cuttings are still in Perlite/Vermiculite and aren't getting anything but an occasional 1/4 strength fertilizer solution and are domed and under lights.

Olaf

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.