Photo by Melody

Article: Wonderful Weeds: How to Make a Winter Centerpiece From Wild Plants: Lovely arrangement and lovely memories!

Communities > Forums > Article: Wonderful Weeds: How to Make a Winter Centerpiece From Wild Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Wonderful Weeds: How to Make a Winter Centerpiece From Wild PlantsReplies: 2, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
the Highland Rim of
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2011
3:23 AM

Post #8932828

My mother was quite an avid floral arranger when she was alive. She loved teasel weed and used it so often. And she loved the gold spray. This brought back some sweet memories! I have everything on hand to make something like this except the teasel, but I see it in some of the stores here fairly frequently. I like to scour the thrift stores as well for old arrangements to take apart and reuse some of the components.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2011
5:48 AM

Post #8932892

Keep an eye out for teasel...I find it quite frequently and I'm an hour north of you. I'll spot a clump and mentally make a note when it is in bloom...then go back and cut a few stalks when it is dry. I love wildings...even grasses are attractive and have wonderful design elements.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2011
8:20 AM

Post #8933033

Lovely arrangement Melody. Once again your artistic talents have taken center stage. Love ya.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Wonderful Weeds: How to Make a Winter Centerpiece From Wild Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful arrangements Mel! debnes_dfw_tx 3 Dec 7, 2007 10:14 PM
Great Project! cathy4 2 Dec 10, 2007 8:21 PM
More ideas, please? Dea 3 Dec 17, 2007 5:18 AM
Love the finished product. Annepaola 0 Dec 10, 2007 3:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America