Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Memory Garden: (kikisdad) Dave Cokley

Communities > Forums > Memory Garden
bookmark
Forum: Memory GardenReplies: 4, Views: 144
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2011
10:00 AM

Post #8938201

Long time member Dave Cokley, known to us as kikisdad passed away June 27, 2011 after a brief illness. David joined us on June 23rd, 2001 and was an active and well-loved member of this community. He enjoyed attending Roundups and was also quite the handyman. Dave enjoyed everything from tomato gardening to birdwatching and we will miss him throughout the community. He had a great sense of humor and was well loved by his fellow members.

Thumbnail by melody
Click the image for an enlarged view.

roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

December 21, 2011
12:15 PM

Post #8938346

I had the privileged of meeting David and his DW, Ethel...who will join us as kekesmom soon, twice...once in Florida and once when they came through my area and stopped and we had lunch in my town. It was a sad time for them as it was when their son that lived in Phoenix had passed away.

I'm sorry that we didn't know of David's passing earlier, but he will certainly be missed on the forums...but we will welcome kekesmom in his place. Jo

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

December 23, 2011
11:05 AM

Post #8940609

Ack. So sorry.

Dave and I crossed paths early on DG life, but as the site grew, we drifted away. He'll be missed.
Sami
Corapeake, NC
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2011
8:51 AM

Post #8941507

I was fortunate to have met Dave and Ethel at my home in Florida. I lived in Homassasa Florida at the time and it was my first round up. As you all know RR "Jo" talked me into having a roundup in my home. I throughly enjoyed it. Met some really nice people including Dave and Ethel.

Sami
Amaryllisgal
High Springs, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2011
5:05 PM

Post #8942589

Yes, he was a sweet guy and will be missed!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Memory Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
(JCF) Janet Flowers MistyMeadows 29 Jul 21, 2011 5:33 AM
( DaleP6) Dale Patricia Six Joan 5 Sep 26, 2007 6:42 PM
(Tink76627) Peggie Glover Joan 15 Jun 17, 2009 2:25 PM
(Glory) Gloria Jean Breal Lessner Joan 14 Jan 23, 2010 5:26 AM
(lmelling) Lynne Mellinger Joan 163 Feb 21, 2010 5:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America