Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cameras and Photography: Time for another compact camera - help me choose

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 0, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

December 22, 2011
3:19 AM

Post #8939041

I had the Sony W150 for two years and it got flunked 3 months ago. Its battery NP-BG-1 was still doing good. The camera is not switching on. Its flash had failed about 10 months ago. Getting it repaired here is not a suggested option due to its high cost and my friends are saying that it is best to go for a new one. So, I have now no choice to look for a new one. At the same time, I don't know what to do with its good battery and 4 gb memory stick.

I don't need too many megapixels as I don't take pictures for blowing up but mostly for uploading purposes. I had that habit of carrying that Sony in shirt front pocket and it was very handy to take pictures during my sojourns out of my house. Looking to replace it now. People wondered that I don't use a mobile but carry a camera!! Zoom is not a must in my new requirement as it did not help much, neither did the optical view finder on that W150. Point and shoot camera that is not expensive is what I'm looking for... it should be good enough for about 3-4 years until it gets obsolete. It should give reasonably good picture quality and should perform reasonably well indoors and have macro function... of course it should fit in my shirt pocket.

I hope I get some guidance and hints on the models I can look for. Somehow I love Panasonic for its interface and lens quality (sharp pictures). I have the Lumix FZ8 which is also showing signs now of some snag as it is 4 years old. I wont carry it always as it is too large for my pockets! Another friend says that Sony is quite sturdy.

Dinu

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America