Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Cameras and Photography: A fun Website for all you shutterbugs

Communities > Forums > Cameras and Photography
bookmark
Forum: Cameras and PhotographyReplies: 4, Views: 99
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
keithp2012
West Babylon, NY
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2011
8:58 AM

Post #8943156

Project Noah. You take photos of all the local plants and animals in your area, mark on the map your location, and everyone around the World can view your photos, and Scientists also view the photos to track some plants and animals that might be endangered or invasive to see how the population is doing based on your spottings. It's free to join and fun for all ages! http://www.projectnoah.org/
sunnyg
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 31, 2011
5:54 PM

Post #8949409

Very neat! Thanks for posting!
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

January 1, 2012
7:49 PM

Post #8950756

And once again, those of us who choose to not have the "smartphone" are penalized for having "just" a camera...too bad, I'd have enjoyed something like this.
sunnyg
San Francisco Bay Ar, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 1, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #8950776

Anna, smartphones don't appear to be mandatory according to the FAQs (I'd be out of luck as well). They do have apps that allow you to use Project Noah on smartphones, but a third-party online account seems to be all that is required.

Here is the text I'm referring to:

"You can start by signing in with any of your existing online accounts including Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, Windows Live and Aol. If you don't have one of these accounts, we invite you to sign up for one to quickly join the project. Once you've logged in for the first time you'll be presented with your "My Noah" dashboard. Here you can upload, manage and view your spottings and browse spottings submitted by the community in real-time. If you have an iPhone or Android smartphone, we have mobile applications available to help you connect to Project Noah on the go." http://www.projectnoah.org/faq

This message was edited Jan 1, 2012 8:12 PM
keithp2012
West Babylon, NY
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2012
11:35 AM

Post #8952907

I login on there website through my computer and take pictures with my camera it never said you must use a smartphone.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cameras and Photography Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
photography(?) tink76627 7 Jul 25, 2011 5:03 AM
* FYI > Defect in some digital cameras * Magpye 24 Nov 7, 2007 12:48 PM
Anyone Use a Canon S2? melvatoo 25 Jul 31, 2007 4:14 PM
Digital Camera for sale MiniSchnuz 31 Apr 5, 2007 9:53 PM
swimming hole Iluvposies 10 Oct 4, 2007 2:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America