Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Oh Nuts: Multi Resource Hickories: Hickory tree planted by nut

Communities > Forums > Article: Oh Nuts: Multi Resource Hickories
bookmark
Forum: Article: Oh Nuts: Multi Resource HickoriesReplies: 1, Views: 8
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
delbertyoung56m
Medina, NY

December 26, 2011
10:22 AM

Post #8943232

Hi, when I was 18 years old in 1980, I planted 10 hickory nuts in one hole, in my parents side yard in Medina, NY, and the following spring every one of them came up. I kept one of them, which was mowed over by my brother. It came back nicely and now is about 40 ft tall. I can still see it growing when I drive that way - Beautiful.

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2011
11:33 AM

Post #8943285

What a cool story! The hickory is a very hardy tree once established and I bet that beauty will stand for decades so you can relive those memories as often as you like for years to come.

Thanks so much for reading and sharing your hickory tree story!
Bev

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Oh Nuts: Multi Resource Hickories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
i love em too taynors 4 Dec 28, 2011 5:53 AM
Hickory trees swamporchid 1 Dec 26, 2011 11:53 AM
hickories , good if you can beat the dordee 3 Dec 30, 2011 6:54 PM
Hickories SoftAnnie 1 Dec 26, 2011 7:49 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America