Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Lady Bird Johnson, First Lady of wildflowers!: Terrific article

Communities > Forums > Article: Lady Bird Johnson, First Lady of wildflowers!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lady Bird Johnson, First Lady of wildflowers!Replies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sermoneta
Cuddebackville, NY
(Zone 5b)

December 26, 2011
12:14 PM

Post #8943323

I just visited the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin over Thanksgiving, so this article felt particularly timely for me. She was an amazing woman obviously and her legacy may be even more longlasting than her husband's.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2011
1:19 PM

Post #8943362

Perhaps so! Even my husband, a Viet Nam Vet, is a Mr. and Mrs. LBJ fan. I've always liked Eleanor Roosevelt, but doing this article definitely swayed my loyalties. I need to go back to Texas and look at the wildflowers myself! Thanks for your comment.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lady Bird Johnson, First Lady of wildflowers! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful and informative CLScott 4 Dec 23, 2011 8:32 AM
Very nice article Cville_Gardener 1 Dec 22, 2011 3:37 PM
Wonderful article Carrie. frostweed 9 Dec 26, 2012 7:02 PM
Wonderful CajuninKy 1 Dec 23, 2011 8:27 AM
Well done! Thanks for sharing. Ludwigsfriend 1 Dec 26, 2011 7:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America