Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Georgia Gardening: Anywhere To Buy 6 Pack Coleus In Spring?

Communities > Forums > Georgia Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Georgia GardeningReplies: 4, Views: 76
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kdfisher
Ellijay, GA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2011
4:47 AM

Post #8943917

Howdy All:

I've seen it mentioned here and there on other forums, but how about north Georgia? I've really become attached to Coleus but they're just too expensive for my in the way they're sold around here. IE 99 cents per pint. I'm interested in hundreds this spring either by six pack (if I can find them) or go to NC Farms for rooted plugs.

http://ncfarmsinc.com/store/index.php?cPath=65_79
EFGeorgia1
Lizella, GA
(Zone 8a)

January 16, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #8970553

Hi,,, can't help you, but I love those coleus too.

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

May 2, 2012
5:18 AM

Post #9106814

I get them at Wal Mart and Lowe's.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

May 2, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #9107781

Six packs are becoming harder and harder to find because the garden dept. folks can't keep them adequately watered. Instead you now have "landscape packs" of twelve to fifteen plants that are seeded into much larger trays with a water retentive medium. The plants are pretty much the same size but the root mass is significantly larger if you are looking to do baskets. They are also appreciably more expensive than six packs.
kdfisher
Ellijay, GA
(Zone 7a)

May 5, 2012
9:22 AM

Post #9111420

Could also have to do with my location as the local Lowes garden manager says we're "at the end of the line" (or last delivery) when it comes to choice. Seems the places nearer to Atlanta have more variety. Oh well. I could use some low growers as the plugs I bought (too many) are mostly knee high types.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Georgia Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Favorite Local Nursery? violabird 23 Apr 17, 2007 9:17 PM
Corn Gluten Meal SusanCalvert 10 Aug 11, 2009 7:40 PM
wild roses teateacher 11 Jun 1, 2007 4:31 PM
Grass out, Moss in soupcon 15 May 14, 2008 4:28 PM
powdery mildew remedies soupcon 4 May 31, 2007 3:10 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America