Want some caviar with your bubbly tomorrow evening? If you're short of roe, try some of this Texas style...
TEXAS CAVIAR WITH AVOCADO
adapted from allrecipes.com
Yield: 32 servings
• 2 (15.5 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed (or black beans), leave whole or mash a bit
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (or green onions, white & green portions)
• 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno peppers (veins and seeds removed)
• 8 fluid ounces Italian dressing (Wishbone)
• cayenne pepper or sriracha sauce to taste
• 2 ripe avocados - peeled, pitted, and chopped
• salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, mix black-eyed peas, tomatoes, sweet onion, jalapeno peppers, Italian dressing, and cayenne pepper. Stir in the avocados just before serving. Serve with scoop tortillas or other dippers.