Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Soap and Candle-making: homemade dishwasher soap??

Communities > Forums > Soap and Candle-making
bookmark
Forum: Soap and Candle-makingReplies: 6, Views: 67
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

December 30, 2011
7:31 PM

Post #8948430

anyone have recipe for dishwasher soap

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

January 29, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #8986759

This is what I use, Works ok.. Will probably go back to commercial after this batch. It really is not all that cheap,and it cleans only so, so.. Nearly have to wash dishes before loading.. Didn't have to do that before.

dishwasher soap - Baking Soda, Borax (all-natural household cleaner, available at many stores in the laundry aisle) Mix together equal parts of each ingredient, store in a labeled container Use just like a commercial powdered detergent, approximately 2 TBS per load.

Works better if you ad twice as much, but that sort of defeats the purpose..
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2012
8:44 PM

Post #8987482

Larkie , I totaly agree with you ..this is also what I found also not doing a very good job ..

Larkie

Larkie
Camilla, GA
(Zone 8a)

January 30, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #8988056

:)
Moms_Garden
Dammeron Valley, UT
(Zone 6b)

February 3, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #8993357

I have used the recipe found at http://www.diynatural.com/simple-effective-jabs-homemade-dishwasher-detergent-rinse-agent/
It actually makes a really great booster for the commercial dishwasher tablets, but by itself, not so much. I do love to pour in about a cup of vinegar before I start the load and that helps too. Of course, adding it as a booster increases the cost of your wash, but it isn't all that expensive to make if you can find citric acid in bulk (or use kool-aid).
lbtddr
Norwood, MO

November 9, 2012
11:35 AM

Post #9328982

1 bar of natural soap - Mix 1 bar of natural soap with 1/2 cup of borax i make mine a liquid buy adding soap to a 2 quart sauce pan filled with water till mixed, store in a labeled container i add 1/4 cup to a load i use the spot removers that you add to the dishwasher it works great i get my soaps hear old fashion lye soap works great http://www.soapnbath.com
MissBubbles
German Flatts, NY
(Zone 5a)

March 22, 2013
8:12 PM

Post #9458659

I learned in a video that someone made, that the soap that you make with hot process the hard parts that stick to the walls of your crockpot make the very best laundry soap, if you save them and don't mix them back in, and assuming you didn't add any colorant.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Soap and Candle-making Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 14 Aug 21, 2007 9:24 AM
I got wax and empty pop bottles for christmas veeja3 10 Jun 1, 2010 7:56 PM
Who are the soapmakers??? gingerlily 73 Nov 12, 2007 1:05 AM
New at making soap Patty08 62 Dec 19, 2007 2:35 PM
Hello, new candlemaker to this forum... waxedout 11 Aug 10, 2014 8:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America