Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Weather: January 2012 - Happy New Year

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 173, Views: 762
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2012
6:46 AM

Post #8949757

Hope to be best year of your life!

Sunny & cold.

Warmer mid week.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 1, 2012
8:41 AM

Post #8949887

Happy New Year to all!
Lovely weather in Romania, spring like! No snow, 42F, sunny no wind. Foggy last night.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #8950119

What a wonderful sentiment for the New Year, Bernie. Thanks!

39º here. Sunny, calm and beautiful.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #8950578

Mid 40s for a high, sunny and windy.

Happy New Year!! Hung out with a friend last night and my dog niece and tried to stay awake. lol. It was a long day yesterday.

Today we are prepping for our new wood floors. Have the old carpet up and the plywood subfloor is either almost ready or will be ready soon. The floor should start going down tomorrow. I can't wait ti it's down!! I want the living room back and everything out of my room!! LOL!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #8950795

Oh, have fun with that, Pepper. I love getting new stuff for the house.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2012
9:53 PM

Post #8950921

Happy New Year!
About an inch and a half of snow lastnight AFTER the rain and sleet. Made for an interesting drive home from my folks. Not too many cars in the ditch at 12:30. I suspect there were many more later in the morning after bars closed. Hope you all had a safe holiday as I did.
Very windy today. Gusts came in around 45mph. Shook the house. But the sun was out for a while and the driveway got shoveled.
Not a clue what tomorrow will bring.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 2, 2012
3:31 AM

Post #8950989

23°/26°/13°
Decreasing clouds with strong and gusty winds. Temperatures steady in the low 20s. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph.

Bernie,
Thanks for the new beginning.
That's my wish for everyone too.

Adina,
Your little tree looks great! Green grass. Here too :o)

Pepper,
Laughing, just don't bump into anything in the dark till the new floor is down!

Minnesippi,
Now that is weather!! I'm glad you made it home!

I'm staying in today to continue my ''me'' holiday! Usually I start a jigsaw puzzle, but that can wait.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 2, 2012
4:26 AM

Post #8951018

61°/65°/35° Cloudy this morning, then clear and much colder. Red Flag warning wind gust and low humidity. And we are going camping...LOL.
Kind of stinks that for just the first two nights I'm going to have to drag my potted and tropical plants in to the Florida room, when by this time next week back up to 80. But we will be gone for a week and I can't leave them out below 40...this will be our coldest temps so far this season. Where we are going just two hours southeast of here and yet they show much cooler temps than here, guess because it is between two huge lakes. My boys will be here and maybe I can get them to drag some of my plants back outside again. Yeah I know...good luck with that one. ☺☺

Country Gardens, thanks for the new year wish, and same too you and yours and everyone of my new weather friends.

Adina, love the tree planted in the nice green grass...just watching it grow each year will be fun.

Billy the "me" holiday sounds wonderful, I do usually do that this week also, but DH wanted to go camping.

Minne, I can't even imagine driving in snow, I'm sure I'd be one of those people in the ditch. Those are some strong wind gusts, makes me cold just reading about it. Stay in and drink some nice cocoa.

Pepper new floor sounds wonderful, we need to do that in my DH's "Man Cave", he has ruined the carpet in there. Maybe another project for him since he is RETIRED... ☺

Well I have so much to do today, we head out tomorrow, hope everyone stays warm. I won't be back until next week...at least no rain is in the prediction...maybe I'll get to wear my fuzzy boots this time.

-Sherri

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 2, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #8951775

A few light showers overnight but turned clear and sunny this morning. Just a slight breeze rustling the ferns and trees. Temp about 72f. High surf warning up for most of the week but not on this Island. Surf on the North Shore of Oahu is forecast to be close to 30 feet Thursday. We get that information as part of our weather forecast. Because we have a continuously erupting volcano about 17 miles from us as the crow flies our weather forecasters also give us VOG warnings when necessary. VOG is volcanic smog. If the wind goes round to the south or southwest we can get visible volcano smoke drifting through the trees like a blue haze across the yard. You can taste the sulphur when its bad. Might happen two or three times a year. Mostly the tradewinds blow it out across the Pacific ocean and then around to the Kona side of the island. If the wind dies altogether the VOG can just settle in the area for days.

Happy New Year everyone.

Mike
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2012
6:30 PM

Post #8952124

Cold!! Temps in the 30s and the wind blowing like crazy today.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2012
2:31 AM

Post #8952405

10°/33°/27°
Sunshine and a few afternoon clouds. High 33F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.

Sherri,
Grinning over the wind and camping. Are we ALL having the wind? It's really dipping low to get you. Take your slippers with you. You might get to wear them yet, LOL! Grinning, I said that before I reached the end of your post.

Microb,
Volcanic smog. Not knowing much about Hawaii, are the eruptions small? Do you ever get ash?

Pepper,
I pulled my hooded sweatshirt tight around my face everytime I went out yesterday. I had a stocking cap on too. I also invested in coveralls from Farm and Fleet. The kind with suspenders. You wear thermals under them and a coat over them. NICE and warm!

One more ''me'' day :o)

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 3, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #8952476

was 41.7° at 6AM when I awoke, now at 8AM dropped to 38.5 and steady. Wind was strong during the night and pretty breezy now.
Today up to 48°/29°...where we are camping the prediction is down to 26°, and it is southeast of here.

My Florida room is full of plants. 59° in there now...so they are good...windows can be opened when it warms back up.

Have a great week everyone and stay warm.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #8952540

Sunny 23°
RealFeel® 10°

So chilly!
Will be chilly windy!

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 3, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #8952546

Wind is tapering off here...high only of 25° today - but possibly 40° by Friday!

Just wish I could get in the gardens...:(

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 3, 2012
10:35 AM

Post #8952848

I thought I posted a few hours ago...I guess I was going to!LOL
It's much warmer than yesterday, 44F today, sunny and no freezing last night, go figure!
I have an article published today if you want to read it :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3521/

Sherri, love your Florida room!
Mike, are you safe from the volcano? Keep us posted about it!
Sally, brrrr, that cold? I had a few "me" days too!LOL

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #8952852

Yes, Mike, keep us posted regarding the volcano. Not many of us have experience with them and we're curious.

Sunny and 41º. Very nice out but I want Spring and Summer back. LOL

Thumbnail by kwanjin

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #8953410

Still cold with temps in mid 40s and still strong winds. The wind isn't blowing as hard as a few days ago but still blowing.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 3, 2012
9:46 PM

Post #8953778

Beautiful day, but a little chilly. Had to run errands and pay bills. DS went to the grocery store. Had chinese food at sister's house since I was sick on my BD. I have pulled a muscle or tendon beside and behind my right knee and can hardly put my weight on it. I am trying to stay off of it and have pain meds, muscle relaxers, cane and crutches, and knee brace. Some times it is caused by a pinched disc in my lower back. It usually clears up in a couple of weeks. I have a referral to a bone dr. if it doesn't clear up. I had this happen a few years ago...also have had sciatica (sp?) which is similar, but this seems to be more in the muscle behind the knee...I am trying to stay off of it as much as I can. It's been a week now.

Best wishes in the new year!
Jeanne
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 4, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #8953985

torn maniscus (sp?) ??
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 4, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #8954718

Chilly but not as windy.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #8954941

It's quite wartm for this time of year. We're usually mid-30s but we have almost 50 coming tomorrow. No snow and warmer temps are great for me but UT really does need the water.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 4, 2012
10:39 PM

Post #8954998

Brilliant day in Hawaii today. Lots of sun and gentle breezes.

For the Volcano watchers - Kilauea as it is called is as friendly as you can get. Local residents don't even bother to check whats doing on. This week marks the 29th anniversary of the continuous eruption. Sometimes there are lava fountains, sometimes flows are going into the ocean increasing the land area and forming black sand beaches and sometimes there is nothing much to see. We don't get ash as far away as we are. Years ago some areas had light showers of glass hair falling in their gardens but that only happens at times of good size lava fountains which does not happen often. We visit the national park occassionally and at night you can see the lava glowing. It is possible to drive down to the ocean edge and hike to the point where the lava enters the ocean. At night it is spectacular. Try this website http:/volcanoes.usgs.gov/hvo/activity/kilaueastatus. If that works you should be able to view the webcams. Let me know if it works. Good Luck.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 4, 2012
10:50 PM

Post #8955000

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/hvo/cams/
Your link didnt work, but I found this...
looks and sounds really fascinating!

This message was edited Jan 5, 2012 12:51 AM

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 4, 2012
11:13 PM

Post #8955004

Yes, that's the site I was trying to get you to. Back in the early 1990's, before our forest trees grew too tall we could sometimes see the glow from our front deck.
You probably found out that by clicking the Kilauea update tab you can get a day by day report on whats happening.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 5, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #8955132

That would be awesome to see - especially at night.

Headed for 46° today. Record is 47° set back in 1885 or so. Sure wish Spring would spring and take over already :)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2012
9:28 AM

Post #8955298

We're getting closer to Spring by the day. We're supposed to have a high of 50º today and we're at 32º now. It's sunny, it's beautiful and it's out-of-character for Jan. in northern Utah.

Mike, thanks for the volcano link.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 5, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #8955820

Wonderful day in Hawaii, light breeze, puffy white clouds drifting across a perfect blue sky, temp about 76F and no rain.

If you don't hear from me you know the weather is remaining perfect. Forecast to stay this way for the next four or five days.

Semi retirement has its benefits. Not having to work on a Thursday and living in an "off the highway" rural community I have it all to myself because most other folks are working. Its quiet, no traffic on our gravel road. Went out to the mail box for the paper at about 8am, not a soul around, watched the sun coming up airbrushing the trees with a golden pink glow. Cotton candy pink clouds were drifting overhead above the forest trees so close you could almost touch them.

Mike

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #8955861

Sounds like Heaven, MIke.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #8955924

Waaaay to warm for January here!!! Our high was 61!!! Crazy!!!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #8956352

Will be up to 65 today! Yes, it's so crazy weather change...
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #8956437

39° at 6am! WTH?!? High of 42° today. SO feels like spring! Not good - spring fever in January...and next week sounds like we will dip sub zero and get some snow...
Sure Nature- tease me with spring and just take it away... :P That's okay. I will still be generous in planting for you when spring finally does come.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #8957363

Highs in the high 50s today. I'm used to snow and heavy coats and too many layers this time of the year. I want that back!! LOL

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 6, 2012
9:47 PM

Post #8957662

Baby its cold outside - sorry but for us it was this morning. Got down to 55f - what the weather forecasters call "extra blanket" weather. Beautiful clear morning. Still a little snow on the top of Mauna kea at the 12,000 foot level. Temp rose to about 80f by early afternoon.
In the 20 years we have lived at this location we have had temp drop as low as 48f.. Ten miles up the road in Volcano village, at the 4000 foot level they can get frost.
Mike

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2012
3:35 AM

Post #8957742

31°/42°/27°
Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Catching up.

Jeanne,
Ouch! I hope you are better by now!

Microb,
Very interesting. I love to watch volcanic action under the ocean. It is beautiful!
I hear you on the trees growing up too. We used to be able to see fireworks from two towns to our north :o)
I live in a small town and the neighbors either worked or weren't outdoor people. I've always had a quiet day here. It's wonderful!

It's been beautiful here and I've been outside, and also taking advantage to clean up the sideporch. I never met a box I didn't save if it had a good ''bottom,'' LOL!
I spent Wednesday with the Grandkids and we got the boys last night. There have been two visitations, luckily for those who lived a full life. The last was a woman who was a horse shoe champ :o)

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 7, 2012
5:51 AM

Post #8957844

Rainstorm last night with very strong wind. Temps have dropped down to 35F, still raining no wind today. Dyson dark.

Jeanne, thanks for the link, great views of the volcano!
Mike,so interesting to have a 29 years continous eruption!!!!!Wow!!!

Adina

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2012
1:16 PM

Post #8958295

We have snow!!! 36º now and about 2" of the white stuff.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2012
4:55 PM

Post #8958498

Not much change in weather since yesterday. Still too warm. lol

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2012
2:49 AM

Post #8958887

SNOW?!!!!

22°/42°/27°
Mostly cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Winds light and variable.

Yesterday was nice, but a chilly wind. I took the boys out anyway for clean, fresh air. I hung clothes too. They got to hand auger holes in the old peach stump we are going to get get rid of this year. It's cut ground level and softened nicely.

This morning, as I was letting the outdoor cats in I heard a hoot owl up north, and up. One was in our front tree. Love to hear them hoot. Always worry about the outdoor cats becoming a meal.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 8, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #8959652

Too Hot! 80f very little breeze and lots of sunshine. A couple of weeks ago it was too wet. No rain forecast until Wed or Thursday.
January is traditionally our driest month.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #8959685

Getting colder. Winds shifted directions today on us so some change coming. Mostly cloudy all day.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 8, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #8959902

Sunny & warm again today. Winter is now one day shorter.
Unlike pepper, I am not looking for snow. I like muddy roads!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2012
3:14 AM

Post #8960099

18°/48°/27°
Through 10am: Clear with temperatures warming rapidly into the low to middle 30s. Sunny.Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph.

Microb,
Grinning, Too hot? It isn't 100° :o)
Our January is too dry. We have no rain, no snow cover and we really need it for the tree's and plant's health.

Pepper,
A change in the weather here too.

Bernie,
I can already tell spring is on the way

How about the moon? It is sooo bright!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 9, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #8960222

Full moon tonight :) It was beautiful over the horizon this morning.
Beautiful days for January - 54° in the back yard yesterday although news said the high was only 45. Today is supposed to be mid 40's again. highs in the 20's by Wednesday with snow predicted. Yay :/ I would be perfectly happy if the winter stayed like this.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2012
2:48 AM

Post #8961531

26°/51°/28°
Plentiful sunshine. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

We have another lovely day and a good opportunity to walk outside. I've been walking the flower beds, looking at the frost bitten iris and dreaming :o)

I also walked a half mile. It was a bit breezy, but I'm going again today. It's SOOO good to see some sun!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #8961884

Don't forget about the Extreme Makeover Home Edition this friday Jan. 13 at 7 pm...
It's about Joplin for families of 7 homes...

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 10, 2012
10:25 AM

Post #8961930

Oh! Thanks, Rusty!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2012
5:39 PM

Post #8962560

Bernie, I love muddy roads too!! The muddier the better!! LOL!! If you can't tell me what color my truck is then I've got enough mud on there. If you can see the black I need to go to town and get a pizza. LOL. Any excuse to kick up some more mud!

Mild day with temps in the 50s. Tomorrow we will be in the 40s with some flurries tomorrow night. Thursday our high will be about 20. That will be our high, not the low. lol.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #8963178

Look like going to snow tonight!

This message was edited Jan 11, 2012 12:37 PM

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 11, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #8963309

Back from camping...only dipped to 33 coldest night...so not the upper twenties as predicted. Three nights around that and then slowly climbed back up to 70's/50's. By the last day...back in shorts and flip flops. Sunny and blue every single day...can't get better than that.

Thunderstorms today 66°/75°/55

Garden got a bit of damage from the cold nights, but not as bad as the past couple years...hope that was the worst of it. I took in most the vegetables and tropicals. I have learned to keep them in pots.

Me and grandson playing Indians with feathers he found on our camping trip...was nice to have a visit from them over the weekend while camping.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 11, 2012
10:37 AM

Post #8963468

record 52° yesterday (49° 22 years ago)
Just started snowing - up to 2" by tonight with a high of 34° at 7am this morning. Dropping to 18° over night. Looks like we will be getting winter for at least 3 days. :)

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #8963785

As this morning was not right so here's the right one this time!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/joplin-mo/64801/watches-warnings/329440

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2012
4:43 PM

Post #8963908

Snow working it's way here. Over in Kansas and upper Missouri right now. Accumulations around an inch expected. Have lots of wind in front of the system with sustained winds of around 20 mph and gusts up to 40 mph sometimes. No wind advisories here yet but they do in Kansas. Under Winter Weather Advisory since 6pm until 9am tomorrow morning.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 11, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #8963958

Winds have turned light and variable which usually means dry mornings and then afternoon clouds build up in the interior of the island and sometimes produce afternoon showers. Temp. around 70f this just how we like it. Winds will stay light or calm for a few days so the forecast is for possibility of VOG on Sunday. Very little activity with the Volcano. No active flows but lava visible in two of the craters.
Did I mention we also get regular light earthquakes. If you google "recent earthquakes Hawaii" you should get a local USGS site that records them. Red squares are last 2 hours, blue squares last two days and yellow squares last two weeks. Bigger the square, bigger the quake. We don't feel most of them but anything 3.5 and above will rattle the windows and plates on the walls. Things are relativiy quiet at the moment.
Mike

Mike
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 11, 2012
10:15 PM

Post #8964374

We got rain, rain, and more rain! Our street flooded for awhile, a couple of hours or so.
We are fine...no water in the house or wind damage. Still thankful for the rain. Grass seed really needed it,

Feeling a little better. Having a fibromyalgia flare...weak, and pain. This weather doesn't help. It is supposed to be 30 deg Fri am. Fortunately plants are in the makeshift greenhouse still.

This crazy weather...hot, cold, warm cold, cold warm, cold hot, hot cold, you feel like you are in a spin cycle ...LOL.

Houston flooded bad Monday, and two tornados hit fortunately not anywhere near us!

Jeanne

This message was edited Jan 12, 2012 12:27 AM

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 11, 2012
10:18 PM

Post #8964377

Eeeeek! That doesn't sound like a good time at all! So glad no water came into your home.

22º headed for...I lied. It's 19º now. It's only going to get colder.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #8964481

Cloudy 20° RealFeel® 0°

Got snow, snow and snow! then so chilly...

Dogs ran so crazy to play the snow...

Track on deck!

Thumbnail by JuJu55

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #8964539

We got nuthin! Hardly a dusting.
14° headed for 20° today, then back to 10° over night. MAY get some more flurries on Saturday.
Wont be above 30° for at least a week or more. I guess winter is finally trying to come.
Knew it would happen sooner or later. :/

Jeanne - hope you feel better. FM sucks.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #8964746

14°/18°/9°
Through 10am: Periods of snow. A brief lull in the precipitation is possible around 7am. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. Chance of snow 75%.

Thanks Rusty!

Sunkissed,
What a doll of a Grandson! I love the feathes :o)

Mike,
Google earthquakes in 2010 and you find one almost every day somewhere. I can't imagine a bit of harmless ground shaking. It would almost be funny if they weren't such a destructive thing in the first place.

It's snowing here, but little accumulation yet. I see dirt in the garden and grass.

The old coffee pot has had a touchy start button for a while now and I wonder every morning if it will work. I got our new one out of the closet while DH ran a knife around the button. Both work now :o) I'll dry out the new one and put it back in the closet :o)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 12, 2012
9:27 AM

Post #8964756

23º and mostly sunny.

Sad to have to replace something when it works just fine.

Mike, I have a brother who lives near 3 volcanoes and he says they get tremors they can feel quite often, too. We get them here, too but most of them aren't felt.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2012
5:20 PM

Post #8965352

COLD!!!! Temps only got into low 20s, with wind chills in the single digits. We have quite a northern wind blowing which makes it feel even colder. Some flurries off and on but they are done for a few days now.

Lots of slick spots on the roads today but not as bad as I was expected. 4WD wasn't needed though I came close to using it a couple times.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2012
4:38 AM

Post #8965761

Here's now still chilly!

Partly Cloudy 14° RealFeel® 6°

snow still here and melt very slowly...

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 13, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #8966606

Highs in the mid 30s and sunny today. Not too bad compared to last couple days. Managed to run errands without my coat on but I still kept it handy. Too cold to push my luck too far!! lol. Last I heard we had more snow coming early next week. That could have changed but I haven't heard.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 13, 2012
9:15 PM

Post #8966844

Warm and dry with a light wind from the South. We did get the VOG. Smokey blue haze all the way down to Hilo. Its likely to hang around for a few days. At time you can taste the sulphur in the air. Asthma sufferers really have a hard time.
Mornings are the worst. No night time breezes to blow the VOG around so it just kind of hangs.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 13, 2012
11:12 PM

Post #8966890

Presently 34 deg. It is supposed to be close to freezing again tonight. What plants that arent in the makeshift greenhouse are covered with sheets.

I forgot what the high for Sat is, but then it is supposed to be back up in the seventies first of the week. I guess we will have this flipflop weather for awhile longer. At least it's getting cold enough to kill some of the bugs and germs while warm and windy to bring in all sorts of pollens...

My right leg is doing better, plus I got to rest for almost a week, until we went grocery shopping yesterday. Spent most of the day in bed today.

Youngest granddaughter is here for the weekend. She hooked up the WII. We played "winter sports" with a fire in the fireplace. It was very nice. I offered up hot chocolate, but had no takers.

We have to go to the pharmacy and other errands tomorrow so good thing I rested today. I had planned to take the tree down this weekend but I guess it can wait. (Do we see a pattern forming here? Granddaughter just asked if we could just leave it up...I said, "NO!") I do plan to rest most of the weekend and next week.

Have a great weekend!

Jeanne

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 14, 2012
5:03 AM

Post #8967057

39°/60°/40° Sunny

Jeanne like you...we are up and down and plants covered and dragged in the FL room and then we're back in shorts a few days later. Sheesh...when is spring getting here?

Pepper I have to laugh that you didn't need a coat in the upper 30 degrees...heck I need one when it is in the fifties...lol.

Mike you add a nice twist to the weather forum...you should photograph the VOG. I thought that was a typo at first until I read back on your other post. I come from CA...there it was SMOG. ☺

Some pretty cold temps for ya all...Real Feel at zero...Rusty...ha ha...me no feel at zero. But thanks for the snow paw prints.

Billy all you got to do is clean something and it will work again. ☺ One thing I've learned in life though..is always have a back up coffee maker.

Looks like for the next 14 days we will not dip into the 30's again...Yeah...my back can't take the lugging pots around anymore.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Sherri

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 14, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #8967156

Winter is back to normal, so no temp to report. We just takes what comes everyday, no mind if zero or 30 above.
Light snow this morning.

light snow this morning

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 14, 2012
3:18 PM

Post #8967731

VOG is thinning as southerly winds pick up. Just means it will be like smoke from a bonfire, blowing past but coming from a constant source. Muggy, humid conditions are in store for the next few days with the possibility of scattered heavy showers coming up from the tropics. Sit around and sweat weather. Temps will about 65f at night and 75 - 80f during the day.
Wonderful cooling tradewinds from the NE not due back until next Thursday or Friday.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 14, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #8967861

Temps in mid 40s for a high today with loads of sunshine,

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 15, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #8968349

Well weather guessers were wrong...it was 34 this morning...not 40...sheesh! At least it is nice and sunny. Tonight they say only down to 48°, let's hope they get it right this time...not putting my plants back out until I'm sure though.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 15, 2012
7:41 AM

Post #8968437

Sunny 43° RealFeel® 32°

Later on will be around 60* and tomorrow 65* also maybe shower...

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #8969041

We had a high of 50º today. Storms on their way!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #8969078

Temps in the low 50s for a high but felt colder due to the strond winds we have had all day long. Snow is slowing melting in some spots though.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 15, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #8969090

current temp 34deg @ 7pm. High was about 36 today. Sun was out. Got about an inch of snow yesterday.

I have been engrossed in 2 books since Friday. Read The Hunger Games on Friday and Saturday morning, then Catching Fire (book 2) Saturday afternoon and today. Now to buy book 3 on the nook and finish the trilogy. DD is reading Hunger Games now. Maybe I will have to let her catch up before I buy the 3rd one - being she reads like me, it wont be much later than Wednesday before I am buying the third book. Wish my library had them to "check out" on the nook.

From what MIL said today, snow is coming Wednesday through Saturday...I think winter might finally be here.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 16, 2012
5:10 AM

Post #8969556

Mostly Cloudy 60° RealFeel® 48°
plus 50 mph wind...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2012

Post #8970525

Highs in low 60s and very windy today. That seems to be the norm anymore.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2012
3:36 AM

Post #8970901

32°/27°/9°
Windy with snow showers this morning. Partly cloudy later. High 27F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

No time to catch up. I got up late :o)

Instead of cleaning closets yesterday, I cleaned the computer after looking at my bookmarked pages. Then I defragged :o) That was more fun!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 17, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #8970962

Mostly Cloudy 20° RealFeel® 15°

Yesterday, hit up to 69*...
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 17, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #8971027

12° now. headed for lower by the end of the day and below zero over night. Light snow falling...more to come.

Drive into work was okay. Home will be worse. :/

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 17, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #8971181

Be careful, Minnesippi.

Our temps are cold but not like MS's. 16º and warming. A bit.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 17, 2012
11:13 AM

Post #8971452

Fresh southerly winds have blown the VOG a little east of us. We are on the mountain downslope for southerly winds so they really pickup speed and make the Ironwood trees sing. Knocks all the dead twigs and leaves from the trees. Heavy showers and possible hail reported on the northern islands of the Hawaiian chain this morning but still dry where we are. Lots of sun and in the 70s. Maybe heavy showers popping up anywhere later today. The warm winds dry out the ground real quick. Have to look back on earlier postings to remember only two weeks or so ago we were complaining about the unstoppable rain.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #8971694

HAPPY NEW YEAR folks!! WOW I can't believe I haven't been on in months!!! Hope all is well... blessings to one & all for 2012!!
Weather here has been unusual, what else is new, that's been Texas all year!! We have had temps in the 70's with lots of rain!! Some cold spells. In my area the drought has gone, but still some places in TX are bad!
Have been busy, ill, & computer problems, not necessarily in that order!! Hope I can be online more in the future!!!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 17, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #8971814

Hope you are feeling better.

Snow stopped shortly after my post this morning. No traffic troubles. Going to get below zero tonight. First time in almost a year...weird.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 17, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #8971925

Cold with temps only reaching 30 and still very windy.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2012
1:39 AM

Post #8972341

Clear 15° RealFeel® 22°

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2012
2:55 AM

Post #8972378

2°/30°/4°/
Past 24-hr Snow: 1.5 in (est.)
Past 24-hr Precip: 0.10 in (est.)
Sunny skies during the morning. Snow flurries developing late. High around 30F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.

Rusty,
Oh my, I could feel the warmth the minute I read your temp!

Minnesippi,
Our snow amounted to nothing yesterday, but there were many cars in the ditch anyway.

Celia,
''A bit.'' I know that ''warmth," LOL!

Microb,
Singing Ironwood sounds so neat. We have Cottonwood that clatters like rain, and wind thru long pine needles sounds really neat too.

Hi Cindylove!
We all get busy, but you made it back! I hope all stays well at your place.

Minnesippi,
I would expect you to be much colder all the time since you are farther ''up'' than me :o)

Pepper,
Wind here too yesterday,and it will blow today!

Well, we sure have a chilly morning, but January is already more than half over, sing sing!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 18, 2012
7:04 AM

Post #8972584

36º this morning and snow on it's way. Thew fun part is, it's going to rain after it snows. That makes for treacherous driving when it freezes at night. Mid-40s for daytime temps and mid-lower 30s for night.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 18, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #8972594

63 right now and sunny and breezy, up to 77, rain band coming down the state...down to 49°.

I'll have to catch up later...things have been busy around here. Garden has been lots of work, since leaves are falling all over everything. Gotta get the gutters cleaned out before rain band gets here.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2012
5:36 PM

Post #8973445

Cold still with temps only getting into low 30s and windy.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2012
2:54 AM

Post #8973731

13°/10°/4°
Through 10am: A brief period of snow by 5am will diminish to a few snow showers or flurries. Cloudy and windy. Temperatures falling into the upper single digits. Winds NNW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snowfall of about half an inch through 9:30am.
Wind chills may approach -10F

Winter has moved in and we're making a grocery run this morning. It's going to get worse as the day wears on. I'll be glad to get back home nd put things away.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 19, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #8973809

Clear 35° RealFeel® 35°

Tomorrow will be around 50*...

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 19, 2012
6:15 AM

Post #8973877

-12° current temp
high today will maybe be 0°

On the plus side...projected 32° by Sunday

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 19, 2012
7:35 AM

Post #8973975

We are trying to send you "southern" people some cold.
-10º this morning. Northern MN down to -25º with NW wind.
Wind is calm here.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 19, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #8974165

Hi CountryGardens, I just love this virtual world of cold weather your are sending our way. Nice to read about -10 degrees. Its rubbing off here in Hawaii. I have a sweater on at 59f this morning. Remember our blood is thinner! Clear skies and moderate southerly breezes continue until tomorrow. VOG mostly gone. Went outside Tuesday evening and it was brilliant. Clear skies, no artificial lights. Could see stars twinkling through the trees.. Went outside last night, still clear but you could taste the sulphur from the VOG. Stars visible through smokey haze. But gone this morning.
Great Balmy tradewind weekend forecast but back to southerly winds and possible heavy rain later next week.
Mike

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #8974172

Y'all can keep the minus temps. I'll hang onto my +48º thank you. It rained most of the day yesterday but it was a light misty rain. This winter has been so mild.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #8974814

High around 29 I think with wind chills in the single digits today. Still windy, at least at work where we are on a cliff, and pretty cold. Didn't take much to get my hands hurting!!

Snow on the way tomorrow from a clipper storm.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 19, 2012
10:45 PM

Post #8975015

Weather in the 70's...clouded over today...may get rain Sat.

I need to water plants in the makeshift GH.

I've been resting...did a little shopping. Ross Dress for Less has a new shipment of T-Sandals in...I got two new pair, really cute, a new shirt, and a new Light Green enamel Stew Pot! It goes well with my Moss Rose dishes and fairly well with my plastic palm tree set for the Patio for the summer. We usually do more salads and cold cuts in the summer...

Everyone take care and stay warm!
Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 20, 2012
3:25 AM

Post #8975057

7°/19°/2°
Through 10am: A steady snow will continue to fall through late morning. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the upper single digits. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snowfall of 1 to 2 inches through 10:00am. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Rusty,
50*...WOW!

Minnesippi,
YIKES!

Bernie,
Hey! That cold has to pass thru me at some point, LOL!

Mike,
I must say you still paint a perfect picture of Hawaii!
But, tasting sulpher? I could do without that.

Celia,
Grinning. Rain would be nice!

Pepper,
I hear you on the hands hurting. I bought cocoa butter yesterday for my hands.

Jeanne,
Awww, cute sandals! Love buying kitchen things, and to get something that matches is a bonus! I'll bet it's a pretty color.

It's not snowing here yet and most of it swung to the North, so... Just as well.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2012
4:23 AM

Post #8975074

43°/76°
CG - Ya all can keep those single and negative temps up there...don't have to send them down here. I am on my last pair of sweats...only have three pair.

Jeanne the sandals sound lovely...I love green!

Mike I understand thin blood all too much.

Minni that is just way too cold!

Billy get the snow boots on and picture that snow for me.

Stay warm everyone. Happy Friday to you all!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 20, 2012
4:29 AM

Post #8975084

Sherrie,
ROTFL! I would, but we have no snow yet! I keep looking too!

I only have a couple pair of warm sweats myself. Try and buy a pair with an elastic waist. They all have ties and will fall down if I don't tie them. So, I don't buy them...

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 20, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #8975158

Mostly Sunny 30° RealFeel® 24°

I hope it will be warm today later on...

Sunday will be raining and around 62*

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 20, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #8975846

I'm sorry to rub it in but its rare that we see such a perfect day. Virtually cloudless deep blue sky and light breezes. Just drove home and was able to look at the peaks of Mauna Kea (12,000 ft) and Mauna Loa (Smooth domed shield volcano 11,500 ft). Mauna kea still has a little stubborn snow visible. Look back as I drive up to the 2200 level and can see the Pacific ocean horizon stretching for miles and the ragged coast line in the distance between me and the horizon. Too hot to work in the yard. A little over 80f in the shade so will wait until late afternoon to move gravel.
Because the winds are so light the white volcanic smoke rises almost vertically and creates its own cumulus cloud against the blue sky. At various points along the road you can see the cloud lightly billowing above the trees.
This photo was taken 2008

Thumbnail by microb

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #8975874

Cold still. Never got to 30. Snow missed us entirely and stayed north.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 20, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #8975958

They forecast 3 to 5 for us. We got 4" of that lovely stuff.
Lots of crashes in the Metro areas. those clowns can't remember how to drive in snow.
One in Mankato involved 2 semi trucks & 8 cars. News said roadway was slippery at the time. Yeah, right in the middle of the 3 to 5!!
I walked to shop a couple times. No snow mishap here.
Son plowed the yard this afternoon, so good to go now. But to cold, so staying in.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2012
8:58 PM

Post #8976068

No need to apologize, Mike. I think you live in a beautiful place!

52º again today. Such a great day.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 21, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #8976250

54 this morning, up to 77 and sunny today...my toes are finally thawing out.

Billy no snow yet? Oh well Country Gardens can put her boots on and get me some snow pictures.

CG...I can't imagine what it is like to drive in snow...when I lived in Maine, Mass and Delaware I wasn't old enough to drive yet...but remember trying to walk home from babysitting late at night and slipping all over the place.

Mike great photo of the volcano smoke...that must be something to see. 80 degrees sounds nice to me...will hit that this week here also for a few days before next front comes in.

I took this photo yesterday of one of my Turkey Oak trees...to prove that Florida does get fall color...we just get it in January...lol.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #8976271

Come rest your toes here. -13º this morning.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #8976449

current back yard temp on the digital is 16.7. Cant read the other, it has flipped around in the wind.
Got 2" of the white stuff here yesterday. Sun came out in the afternoon and was melting everything nicely. Roads were okay bu the time I headed home from work - but yes, evidence of many, many accidents.
Forecast indicated highs in the high 20's possibly hitting low 30's.

All I have to say is I cannot WAIT for spring...3 more months...

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #8976667

More stupid people are the weather liars. They can't comprehend that snow covered world won't get as warm as black ground. They are probably forecasting 10 to 15 degrees higher than what it will actually be.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
6:11 PM

Post #8977059

Never got above freezing today. Forcast was for 35. It didn't get that high, stayed gloomy and at one point I felt the beginnings of a drizzle which went away just as quick. Tomorrow we are supposed to reach 50 and sunny. I'm not falling for it.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2012
7:16 AM

Post #8977462

28°/38°/28°
Cloudy skies. Patchy drizzle possible. Winds SE at 20 to 30 mph.
Cloudy with rain and snow showers this evening, becoming windy with snow showers overnight. SSW winds at 10 to 20 mph, increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 50%.

Mike,
Tropical paradise! Someone coined that phrase for a reason. How beautiful!
Besides, if we minded, we would all sell our houses and move there, LOL!
We need to see more on the road photos :o)

Sherri,
we have a light layer on the ground now. Sorry to say so Pepper :o)
Grinning, Country, or Bernie, as he's fondly known as...
Turkey Oak, neat name and a beautiful tree! I think Oaks are my favorite.

Bernie,
Beautiful!

It's a wonderfully miserable looking day here! I'm so comfy inside!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 22, 2012
11:33 AM

Post #8977713

Landscape changed overnight.
25 to 35 MPH SE wind most of the night. All the light, fluffy snow is now in big drifts.
I think it all ended up in the groves.

Freezing mist now. Warm, around 30º.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2012
12:24 PM

Post #8977770

Still warm! Clouded over kind of dreary looking out, but warm.

The other day we had a record breaker 81...can you believe that? Finally got out and watered the plants in the GH. I opened up the front flap so they can get some air!!!!

Just to clarify on the shopping trip...the cook pot is green, the sandals are brown and gold, and the other pair is sort of coral with flowers on them. I will have to post some pictures.

Tree is still up...maybe next weekend...or month ...

Try to stay warm y'all!
Jeanne

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 22, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #8977773

No change in the weather. Still sunny and Dry.

billyporter - We would love to see folks for a visit but too many people moving in (someone once sang - they paved paradise and made a parking lot) Since we moved here 19 years ago we have had two new stoplights installed in our 18 mile drive into town and now construction has just started on installing a third one just 4 miles from us. In that time we have added Walmart, Target, Ross, Officemax and half the time they are empty but they have really large parking lots. Crazy humanity is getting closer. We are happy to make a 200 mile round trip every three months to go to Costco just to keep them away. Lets start ripping up roads and planting trees!!
Here's another road photo.

Thumbnail by microb

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 22, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #8977793

Forgot to say "Thank You" to Countrygardens for that snow picture. Reminds me of my childhood in England and walking to school through the snow drifts.

Heres another road picture. The black lava rock is not too pretty but the rainbow ain't bad.

Thumbnail by microb

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #8978120

Finally warmed up today!!! High 40s and mostly cloudy all day. Winds died down too.

Watching the second round of playoffs now. Picked Patriots first round and won there, now seeing if I can go 2 for 2 with Giants. We'll see.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2012
3:27 AM

Post #8978504

36°/29°/13°
Through 10am: A period of steady light snow is likely between 6 am and 7 am. Cloudy with increasing winds. Temperatures slowly falling to near 28F. Winds WNW at 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. No significant snow accumulations through 9:30am.
Snow showers early will taper to flurries later on. Winds W at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

Bernie,
All we had yesterday, was a bit of mist in the morning and a little wind. It's SUPPOSED to snow today and be pretty windy. We'll see.

Jeanne, I can't even imagine your warm weather in January, LOL!
All the shopping colors sound pretty! I'd like to see pictures, even of the pan. I love kitchen things :o)

Mike,
I hear you! I live in a very small town with really, no extra place to build new homes except to the east. It's the lowest part of town and has standing water off and on in heavy rains. It used to be the old, natural skating rink when I was a kid, LOL! It's actually farmland, but, someone bought some of it and built a house and large machine shed there. I really hate to see it turn into more town. They turned our school house into apartments and there's been enough trouble there since they did. It's also on the east side of town, next to the skating rink. We live 20 miles from our stores and I don't mind the short drive. So, it's tempting to live in paradise, but I won't move :o)
Beautiful picture!
Wow, beautiful, fantastic picture!! I like the lava rock.

Pepper,
Grinning. I don't have a sports bone in my body. If I did I think they would have been broken a few times, LOL!

Another good day to stay in around here today, and I think I will. I don't even have enough garbage to bother setting out.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 23, 2012
4:14 AM

Post #8978540

53° and foggy, will get up to 79° and sunny...and the next three days up to 80°..loving it!

Billy so I am figuring you are saying Country is a he and not a she? Sorry bout that...lol. But anyhoo.l...sounds like you are in for some snow.

And Bernie...wonderful picture...so absolutely beautiful...and the weather guessers have been really off the mark here too. Funny how they record the temperature way off from what it really was also.

Mike, That sounds like Florida, I moved her over thirty years ago in the late seventies and it was so beautiful, orange trees and miles of pretty landscape. Now everything is paved, all the orange trees gone, I can't even begin to imagine how many traffic lights there are, and Wal-marts...and the road construction has never ceased...now they are making these fly overs at big intersections. I guess progress it good, but I sure miss the old Florida. I guess everybody wants to move to paradise. Anyway love the rainbow photos, very pretty.

Worked in the garden yesterday cutting back stuff and raked a ton of leaves...again. Keeps me in shape. Have a great day everyone...I'm going shopping with DIL today, she has the day off. I never go shopping, so ought to be fun.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 23, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #8978559

What a beautiful rainbow, Mike!
We have snow! It snowed on Saturday and now it's melting, yuck! We had a skating rink in our yard this morning and I almost skate...without skate shoes!LOL
Bernie, awesome pics! Poor toes!
Adina

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2012
5:05 AM

Post #8978577

Sherri, yes, LOL! Bernie is Country, but that's ok. I chose a boys name actually the name of a song, and Pepper was one of the few who knew right off I was a girl :o)

Yep, it's actually picking up from the flurries and the wind is blowing now.

It is very sad to see progress. It's why I like to see a rotting timber or a pile of branches. To some it may look trashy, but I see a self contained world.

Shopping...I even like to just window shop, but it's more fun to get something :o)

Adina,
As long as you are ''skating'' and not falling! We melted yesterday, but no big puddles. Thankfully.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #8978598

I heard earthquake in HI this morning on tv new...
20 times aftershocks!

Today is Year of the Dragon...

Clear 36° RealFeel® 28°

It will be around 51* today...

This message was edited Jan 23, 2012 8:10 AM

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 23, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #8978631

Snow again this morning. I need to get to the bank, maybe later.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2012
9:11 AM

Post #8978991

Love the pics, Mike!

40º now and partly cloudy with a small breeze.

We had rain and then snow on Sat. Most of it has melted at our house. We live on a slight incline so water all runs away from the property.

Darrell was born in a Year of the Dragon. Woohoo!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 23, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #8979776

Winds are turning back to the south this week, still dry and the VOG will return. Not expecting rain for another five days. Have to start watering pots.

Rusty56 - Don't worry about the earthquake. They corrected it from a 5.0 to a 4.7 and most of the aftershock were less than 3.0. I was out in the garden when the quake struck and did not feel a thing. My wife was indoors and held her breath for a moment while the house rattled and wall plates shook but no big deal. The fun is trying to guess the magnitude and then check it out on the computer. Center of this one was about 12 miles from our front door.

As I drove down the hill into Hilo town this morning I was able to see the whales breeching beyond the harbor wall. Great sight this time of the year.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2012
5:14 PM

Post #8979777

Storms last night with plenty of hail. Today it was sunny, mild and calm. And at 5pm the sun was still up!! Going down but still up! lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #8979911

Snowing now. We have about an inch so far. 36º
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
10:07 PM

Post #8980053

Here are some of the recent shopping trip pix. The new green enamel cooking pot.

It blends with my Moss Rose dishes.

I haven't had an enamel pot for sometime, so we will see how it goes.

Today it is still warm and clouded, but no rain all weekend...maybe tomorrow and Wed.

Jeanne

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
10:09 PM

Post #8980055

Sandals

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
10:12 PM

Post #8980056

brown sandals...perfect for seventy six degree weather in January!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
10:15 PM

Post #8980057

This is my makeshift greenhouse with the plastic rolled up to let the plants have some air since it is so warm outside.

There is jasmine going crazy under the canvas top.

The mexican fan palms both need cut back desperately. I was going to use the brown fronds to make the hut with, but that never happened, maybe in the Spring.

I wanted to switch pictures but it wouldn't let me.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2012 12:19 AM

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
10:21 PM

Post #8980065

GH with plastic down

Thumbnail by Texasgal77

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2012
10:58 PM

Post #8980075

Those sandals look comfy. And your yard looks like it's on an island somewhere! I love it!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2012
1:29 AM

Post #8980086

microb wrote:

Rusty56 - Don't worry about the earthquake. They corrected it from a 5.0 to a 4.7 and most of the aftershock were less than 3.0. I was out in the garden when the quake struck and did not feel a thing. My wife was indoors and held her breath for a moment while the house rattled and wall plates shook but no big deal. The fun is trying to guess the magnitude and then check it out on the computer. Center of this one was about 12 miles from our front door..

I used to earthquakes when I was living in Southern California for years...

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
3:36 AM

Post #8980111

26°/30°/20°
Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Rusty,
I heard about the earthquke too. There seems to be one every day somewhere in the world.

Celia,
I think my DH is the dragon too. It fits him. I'm a rooster and it fits me.

Wow Mike!
I wondered how close it was to you. We have a girl in Alaska who also barely feels the shocks, but we all gasp, LOL!

Pepper,
Eeek, hail! We got mist, turned to a bit of snow, and wind. That was our ''big'' weather.

Jeanne,
The pot is a beautiful color.! Funny how things go from calling it apple green, to moss :o)
I love the sandals too!
A hut. That would be cool!
The greenhouse is small, but packed!

A day at DD's. Have a good one yourselves :o)

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 24, 2012
6:27 AM

Post #8980293

59°/80°/61° Sunny

Texas gal, neat little makeshift greenhouse there...glad you posted pics of it. I keep telling DH we could do something like that with our canopy. Do you put a light in it for warmth?
I like the color of your pot, would look very nice in my kitchen. I have a glasstop stove and think it says no enamel cookware, or cast iron. Sandals are cute too, I have so many sandals and flip flops...drives my husband crazy. ;-)

Mike seeing whales...how cool, once in a great while I'll see one off our coast...but it is very rare. I lived in S. California growing up and been through some bad earthquakes, but they were 7. something, the 4 points never concerned us much.

Pepper I hate hail, it can really do some plant damage...we don't get it here too often thank goodness.

Got my garden workbench all cleaned off yesterday, some little birds have been using it to keep warm in and left lots of bird poop all over it, I'm ready to start planting some seeds now. Cut back the pepper plants since they are sprouting some new growth. Our 80 degree weather will end in a couple days and then back to normal which is 70/40's. But no thirties in the next two weeks..thank goodness, cuz plants are sprouting out new growth.

The last of my garden peppers, had to cut them all so I could trim the plants down. The red jalapeños are dang hot!

Thumbnail by sunkissed

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2012
6:51 AM

Post #8980329

Well, I was lived in So. Cal. growing up too... First hit was in 69 or 70 then few years later more, more and more hit in different years so I move to Joplin, MO now I see what happen to all the peoples living in Joplin for years so I was so shock ef-5 tornado hit pretty bad...
It like so war zone and lost 162 lives and 8,000 homes destroy and some of the business , too! So, some of business is Walgreen open last year, Walmart open Nov. 12, Home Depot open Jan 12 and Academy will be open on Friday Jan.27... Some business rebuilt and homes, too...

I just pretty close about 1/2 miles from tornado path...

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 24, 2012
7:36 AM

Post #8980390

Rusty I lived in Moreno Valley, then called Sunnymead, from 58 till 62, and then back again in late 69, till I finally left in 78 and moved here to FL.

I think tornadoes have always been the most frightening thing to happen. I was visiting a friend in Springfield in June back in 08 and those sirens kept going off, one touched down not too far from us, boy did it keep me up all night long. We don't get any too bad here, but they still hit here...the worst one was an F4 many years ago, touched down on the other side of the huge lake we live by...I was actually woken up by the sound and debris from it. That was very rare for FL to have that strong of tornadoes.

The one that hit Joplin last year was all over the news here...I can't even imagine how terrible that was for you and everybody there. It sure is taking a long time to rebuild...but it does...the damage from the three hurricanes that hit us back in 2004 is hardly noticeable anymore...still some things I see that remind me...but most people wouldn't even notice like all the slanted pine trees.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #8980493

I lived in Fontana twice and yes it is so terrible to see and it make me sick in my stomach and sad... Just so beautiful city then gone also it take long time to rebuild in either 2 or more years...

Wish to move some place that is not get any of it! lol...

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 24, 2012
11:14 AM

Post #8980657

Its nice to finally get some light rain. showers overnight were moderate. Enough to make the plants happy but not enough to be a problem. Still coming down this morning, just heavy enough to hear it on our metal roof. VOG is being blown over Honolulu and the rest of the island chain as southerly winds persist. Unpredictably muggy weather for the next three or four days.

Aloha everyone for making this an interesting site to read and participate in. No politics, no movie star news, no scandals - how refreshing. I think I will cancel my local paper - oops cant do that. I need to know about the local orchid shows and nurserymans plant sales.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2012

Post #8981108

Temps in the mid 40s and sunny all day.

What happened to January being a beast? Mother Nature is just whimpering along while I'm sitting here waiting for a nice big snowstorm to come and give me my snow!! LOL

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
2:43 AM

Post #8981428

Showers 44° RealFeel® 41°

It raining here!
My dogs hate it! lol...

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 25, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #8981671

You guys really make me warm! It's been a terrible snowstorm here since last night. Temps are dropping fast and will go down to 17F. Snowstorm and blizzard still going on until tomorrow afternoon. I shovelled a LOT of snow and it's back again!
This is the frozen alley yesterday morning.

Adina

This message was edited Jan 25, 2012 12:04 PM

Thumbnail by adinamiti

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 25, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #8982127

A quick shot of baking soda or table salt will clear that alley right up :)

Its been in the 30's since Sunday here. The snow we got Friday is melting, so if it freezes, everything will look like Adina's alley.

30's for the rest of the week. Down to the teens by Sunday.

Its my baby girl's 12th birthday on Friday...where does the time go?
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #8982285

High 40s and mostly cloudy today. A bit windy too which made it feel alot cooler.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 26, 2012
5:39 AM

Post #8982654

Sun coming up as I type.
Looking for 30's today.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
8:09 AM

Post #8982828

Very pretty, Bernie.

42º now and headed for 50º. I love this winter but we haven't had nearly as much precip. as we should.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #8983172

What a nice photo Bernie...looks so peaceful...and cold.

83 today, 64 tonight, some neighbors running their air...but feels good to me. Some strong storms to come through in the early morning from a cool front. We need the rain.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #8983260

Great pictures! It is still quite warm here. It is supposed to cool off some the next couple of days. I let the plastic down on the sides of the GH. The plants don't like it under 50 deg so will keep them warm the next few nights.

I do not have a heater there. I did buy Christmas lights to put in there but haven't hung them yet. Maybe this weekend. So far it's been warm enough not tohave to worry about them.

I would love to see whales! That would be sooooo cool! Of course I guess that would all depend on where they were...like...not in my backyard! Galveston...maybe.

Take care and stay warm!
Jeanne

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 26, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #8983270

Wasn't cold, about 30º.
Lots of snow melt today.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2012
5:33 PM

Post #8983500

High 40s for a high, very windy and sunny. All in all a nice day.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 27, 2012
3:32 AM

Post #8983763

Clear 28° RealFeel® 28°

Academy re-opening today at 8 am...
Joplin Tire Center open and cut the ribbon...

This message was edited Jan 27, 2012 5:37 AM

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 27, 2012
6:22 AM

Post #8983905

It was 70 at 6AM this morning...that is summer temps...and we got spit for rain...south of us is getting a nice heavy rainfall...the lucky ducks. Up to 78 today and down to 56 tonight...just a teeny cool front.

Rusty good to hear all the grand openings.
Pepper sounds like great weather.

Jeanne hopefully you wont' have to worry about anymore freezing temps this winter...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...my plants are telling me it is spring.

My poinsettia is finally got some red on it...kind of skimpy compared to most years.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 27, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #8984034

Sunny and 35º for our high today. Cats are asleep in the front door sunny patch.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2012
5:30 PM

Post #8984718

Dreary day. Drizzly off and on all day and temps got colder this afternoon. Still not bad out temp wise but definitely need a thick jacket.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 27, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #8984895

Transitioning from muggy southerly winds to fresh northeast tradewinds. Should get more night and early morning showers and pleasant, low humidity weather.
Just enough rain to keep the plants happy. Not quite enough to create muddy paths.
No earthquakes, no change in the volcano. All is right with the world.

Stay safe Adina, your snow storms made the news all the way here in Hawaii. My parents live in England, my home, so I take an interest in European weather. England has been hit with some severe windstorms this year.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 27, 2012
8:37 PM

Post #8984914

1/16th of an inch of snow today...34 was the high. Will drop this weekend but back in the 30's next week.

DD turned 12 today. Party tomorrow @ the bowling alley. My baby girl :)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
3:20 AM

Post #8985039

24°/38°/24°
A mix of clouds and sun. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph.

Sherri,
I want your day of cleaning benches off and starting seeds, LOL!
Big WAH! I want fresh peppers! Those are beautiful!!

Rusty,
I don't know which is scarier. Tornado or earthquake. I think I'll go with tornado.

Mike,
I don't watch much news, do politics at all anymore, or even turn the tv on during the day. I will watch it at night, but I'm usually in bed by 8:00 or so, so I live in a world of my own making and I'm happy!

I love to hear rain on our metal roof. I just love rain anyway.

Pepper,
We still have Fbruary and we're all going to groan when you get your snow, because we will get it too!

Adina,
I always feel so sorry for you, having to scoop out just to get to work.
Wow, that is icy!

Minnesippi,
Happy Belated Birthday to DD. I'll bet that was a fun day. I haven't bowled in years... and years... and years, LOL! I never bowled much, but it was always fun.
My DD's was the 12th and she's 35. I still don't know where the time went.

Bernie,
That is perfect ''country!"

Celia,
Us either. We are going to go into spring very dry.

Jeanne,
Aww on the Christmas lights in the greenhouse :o)
ROTFL over the whales!

Rusty,
The town is coming back.

Sherri,
Poinsettas have a color all their own don't they? It's pretty, skimpy or not.

Well, I spent the day at DD's yesterday. Both babies have ear infections and colds and she just needed help. So, we took off early in the morning. The boys are here now and her husband is off this weekend. The babies are on medicine and it should be kicking in.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 28, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #8985529

Cold and clear this morning, 56f - sweater and jeans instead of T shirt and shorts.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2012
5:59 PM

Post #8985996

HIghs in the mid 40s today. The sun was shining and the wind kicked up her heels again and decided to make everyone cold. lol

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #8986350

Sunny 34° RealFeel® 26°

Got build for Payless and cut the ribbon last Friday... Ya!

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2012
3:54 PM

Post #8987045

Payless...as in shoes?????? Do you ship? Take paypal? hmmmmmm...
Do you get to chose what you order????????? I can help! Tsandals!!!!!!!

Pepper, Mn,, try to stay warm.

It was gorgeous here today. I hope we do have a short winter and Spring is just around the corner! That would be fantastic!!!!!!!

We are thinking of putting the little blow up pool back up this year. It is 3 1/2 f t deep and about 13 ft round. It is good to soak in and cool off when it is 90 up...won't be long!!!!!
We might be seeing blow up whales in the pool, Billy! LOL!

Jeanne
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2012
4:15 PM

Post #8987066

Much warmer today it seems like. Temps in the high 40s and calm winds.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 29, 2012
8:15 PM

Post #8987427

Rusty is talking about the new stores that are now opening in Joplin, MO where the tornado last summer wiped out most of the town.
Cool here today, still above normal though.
40 something tomorrow.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2012
10:52 PM

Post #8987529

Hi everyone!

Oh well, guess I'll have to stick to our Payless! Oh well, I really should stop buying sandals anyway...I can only wear one pair at a time, and I have quite a few! We wore them to school when we lived on Oahu in the sixties and I have worn them ever since. There was a time that you could not find them anywhere. Can you tell I am so happy to be able to find them again! I like the straps in the back so they don't flip flop. I wear flip flops in the garden...not really a good idea...

Billy, Sorry to hear the kids have had ear infections again...that is no fun! Will keep them in my prayers!

Pepper, hope you are doing well. Work going OK?

Minn, the only bowling I do is on the WII machine! Happy belated birthday to your sweet DD! My daughter is 37. It is hard to believe they are that old. Her oldest is 17, and then 15,,,16 in March. They are both driving now...unbelievable!

Wow, 56 for HI is chilli! It was in the sixties here today...just gorgeous!

Sherri, I'm hoping for an early spring also. I like your poinsetta.

Take care y'all!

Jeanne

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2012
6:49 AM

Post #8987793

Partly Sunny 46° RealFeel® 36°

Will be warm around 67* and this week until Thursday will be warm! Ya!
Now I have to clean up the leaves sooner as Red Flag warning today...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/joplin-mo/64801/watches-warnings/329440

Windy 16 mph...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #8988665

Highs in mid 60s, very windy with gusts up to 50 mph at times. Red flag warnings and burn bans out.

Hey Texas!! Doing good!! Work is going good, getting ready for Valentine's Day and Super Bowl. Wishing this warm weather would go away til spring and the cold weather and snow comes back. We need moisture soooo bad here!!! I have a feeling we are gonna have a very dry year this year.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #8988794

43 today. Beautiful. Would enjoy it more w/o a migraine :(

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 31, 2012
2:46 AM

Post #8989002

46°/50°/29°
Cloudy skies early, followed by partial clearing. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.

I hung two loads of laundry at daybreak yesterday and cleaned house. We vacuumed the keyboards and mice. Mine wasn't so bad as I just did it, not too long ago. They work like new, but they still can't spell...

It hit 60° with a breezy breeze. I was burning paper, looked up and since there was no time to get the camera, watched a perfect shot of a plane almost running into the moon. It just missed.

The kids gave me their colds, but I had to turn it into sinus with a headache.

Have a bettter day :o)

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 31, 2012
4:33 AM

Post #8989050

Hello my weather friends, it has been a bit cooler here. the night weather man said only down to 56, it dropped to 48, and last night all the way down to 40. But today back up to mid seventies...yipee!

Minnie sorry to hear the headache back...ugh! Happy Bday to the daughter.

Billy hope the kiddos feel better soon. I have been sick now with a sinus cold thingy for well over a week...and still congested...and now gave it to my DH...he never gets sick. Mine all started with a dull headache. Today I'm going for my daily walk again...I'm just taking a load of Kleenex with me...lol.

Jeanne...one can never have too many sandals... ;-). Makes me think of a photo my mother has of me in So. Calif. at the age of three on Easter Sunday all dressed up in a frilly dress, my little bonnet and cute purse, white gloves...and FLIP FLOPs...she couldn't get me to put on the patent leather shoes for anything.

Pepper and Rusty we have Red Flag warnings and burn bans going on here in FL too. And we are supposed to go camping next week..DH isn't going to be a happy camper if he can't make a fire.

Adina...you could use a vacation in FL...gal...too much ice...be careful on that stuff.

Mike glad all is well in your neck of the woods.

kwanjin I put this pic of my kitty in the sun...just for you...our newest kitty Izzy...son found her a bit over a year ago on the college campus...a tiny little kitten...we were gone on vacation in the mountains...so by the time we got home, she had adopted him...so she stayed...that is how I ended up with three cats. ☺

Thumbnail by sunkissed

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #8989336

Izzy is adorable! Thanks for that. I think 3 is our limit. I always think I want another but...

Cold this morning, 23º with high, thin clouds.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 31, 2012
2:16 PM

Post #8989695

Cloudy and cool with light breezes. Ground is starting to get a bit soggy again so I hope the rain eases up but its not enough to keep me out of the garden.

THIRTY FOOT WAVES on the north shore of Oahu today. Should subside over the next few days. A little sand washed up on some of the coast roads but nothing serious. This time of the year strong storms in the northern Pacific send us our winter surf. Lots of world class surfing championships held here for the next couple of months. Thats all happening about 200 miles and three islands away from us.

Thumbnail by microb

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

January 31, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #8989698

I did not take the photo. It was available on a Google search. I can't even swim.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2012
5:07 PM

Post #8989928

Warm again with temps reaching around 60 for a high. Strong winds for part of the day but I think they have died down some now that the front has moved thru.

This weather is just to weird for me. lol. Last year at this time we were dealing with a blizzard. 10 years ago today was our ice storm. We were without power for 9 days. The first day we couldn't get out of the driveway til afternoon due to all the limbs down everywhere. And now it's 57 degrees this year. I want my snow!! LOL!!!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 31, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #8990037

Another beautiful day in January. Van temp read 48 this afternoon. Not the record, but close.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 1, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #8990408

New thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1240492/

This is closed!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America