Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Clean and Clutter-free: cleaning mini blinds - adding to old post

Communities > Forums > Clean and Clutter-free
bookmark
Forum: Clean and Clutter-freeReplies: 1, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
minnigarden
Pomona, NY

January 1, 2012
11:53 PM

Post #8950952

During web search, i came across an old davesgarden thread re: cleaning mini blinds.

It was a very long thread (including many suggestions to detach the blinds for dunking in tub or hosing down, which i'm uncomfortable doing)...
... yet i saw not one mention of this idea:

i'm not sure if my idea is good or bad, but referring to the following pic as an example:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/340325176/white_China_bristle_ceiling_block_paint.html

...I happen to have a [used] china bristle paint brush that's 1/2 the width of the above.
I rinsed the bristles with warm water, and ran a bit of ivory soap along the split-edged bristle-tips.
Then wrung out the bristles (similar to cleaning a paint brush in water, albeit allowing the moistened residue of the ivory soap to remain on the bristle tips).

Then ran the brush down my blinds, with the blinds closed.

I haven't tried applying fabric softener to the bristles, but I'm thinking that if anyone could get hold of wide paintbrushes at bargain price, then set aside one for the soap, and another for the fabric softener, maybe that would be the easiest (even if not so thorough??) method of cleaning blinds??

I also saw this interesting article below which thoroughly compares some popular mini-blind cleaners:
http://www.themanlyhousekeeper.com/2011/09/14/tested-the-best-way-to-clean-mini-blinds/#comments
KayJones
Panama City Beach, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2012
1:38 PM

Post #8960898

It looks like a wallpaper paste brush would work, too. It is wide and looks like the one in your link, except it has no handle.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Do you do this? Terry 11 Sep 22, 2009 5:16 AM
Dog Slobber levilyla 24 Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America