-
AuthorContent
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 2, 2012
8:35 AM

Post #8951292

Anyone here know anything about W&SB before they were purchased by the silverplate company? I am looking for information from 1895-1910 approximately regarding when they did golf filled jewelry and watches. I have not been able to find much online (google). My FIL has an old chain with a dog clasp with W&SB mark on the clasp and inside 1/10 (gold filled I found to mean). It is attached to a twisted rope chain and I am trying to determine if W&SB made the twisted rope chain. It is short - appears to be from a watch with what I have been able to find. However, it has a brass or copper crucifix attached to it. It belonged to his great grandfather who was married in 1899.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

I do not have a pic at this time. Will add when I can get one.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2012
4:42 AM

Post #8957783

Any pictures yet, minne? I am guessing they made the chain as well, but that is just a guess at this point. :-) Gold chains were part of their inventory according to this old ad.

http://www.silvercollecting.com/silvermarks/extras/wsblackintonad1882.jpg
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #8957916

no, not yet. Havent been back over to the inlaws house since that weekend. I will see them tomorrow and see what I can do about getting one.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America