Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Home Repairs and Maintenance: Safe to buy a jet tub from Craigs List?

Communities > Forums > Home Repairs and Maintenance
bookmark
Forum: Home Repairs and MaintenanceReplies: 5, Views: 47
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 2, 2012
4:28 PM

Post #8951944

I found a jetted tub on CL. The lady said she bought it and then found out she had cancer and moved in with her daughter, sold her house, so was she stored the tub for a year in a barn.
Since the motor would be froze/hot ect, and the unit is covered in dirt, would it be smart for me to buy it? I just don't want to buy it, store it for 6 months and then find out it doesn't work :(

It is a kohler brand if that matters.

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2012
11:49 AM

Post #8973020

The motor shouldn't mind the temperature swings since it would go through the same same thing in warehouse somewhere. My concern would be the dirt. Was it covered at all?

Doug
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 19, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #8974386

Not wrapped at all, but was under a 3 sided barn. It appears to be in good shape. I am cleaning it today to get the paint off of it. It had some paint spilled on it, and it is a bear to get off, but it is coming off though. The tub still has the stickers on it.

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #8975167

Good luck!
moxies_garden
Batesburg, SC
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #8982633

It should be okay to use, after a thorough cleaning and sanitizing.
FrillyLily
springfield area, MO
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #8983524

I went to Lowes and bought some stuff in a spray bottle that dissolves latex paint. It really made a big difference and I still had to put alot of elbow grease in it, and it took a couple of hours, but all the paint came off! I think it was maybe an enamel paint, because it was not coming off like regular latex should have.

It is now in the attic waiting for the day...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Repairs and Maintenance Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to Home Repairs & Maintenance Terry 17 Jul 14, 2011 1:42 AM
hiring help roxroe 16 Mar 27, 2007 9:04 AM
I hated trimming the grass along the fence jleec 15 Jun 6, 2011 6:47 AM
Hi! I'm new but have 2 questions Illoquin 7 Apr 5, 2007 6:48 PM
Eeek... mice! dreamingofeden 10 Mar 15, 2009 10:50 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America