Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Eat More Kale - But Make Sure It's Edible Kale: Green matters

Communities > Forums > Article: Eat More Kale - But Make Sure It's Edible Kale
bookmark
Forum: Article: Eat More Kale - But Make Sure It's Edible KaleReplies: 1, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

January 2, 2012
8:01 PM

Post #8952269

Hi Tamara, I have read many articles about Kale and they always call it the King of the greens with plenty of vitamins and minerals along with good fiber that puts it right up there when considering foods to eat that are healthy for you. it has not been on my shopping list but I do look at bunches when I go to the local coop in the nearest town from where I live in Slocan, BC. Having some in my garden might be possible in the coming growing season as long as the deer do not try to eat it all first. I have heard that Kale chips are a good snack to have for lunch which would be a change from sandwiches but I do like my rye and oat crackers and whole grain bread so I will continue to check it out at the local market and I just might have some in my garden this year. Happy New Year to you.

Alan (3pmp)
TexasTam
Plano, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 3, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #8952793

Thanks for writing Alan. I know the rabbits and squirrels have tended to stay away from my kale - not sure if the same would apply for deer.

Happy New Year to you and good gardening in 2012!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Eat More Kale - But Make Sure It's Edible Kale Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If one ate ornamental kale... vossner 3 Jan 3, 2012 6:54 PM
Kale is edible! ggardens 4 Jan 5, 2012 8:06 PM
Kale: Yes, it's all edible TexasTam 2 Jan 5, 2012 6:04 AM
Kale; making a new market. CountryGardens 2 Jan 3, 2012 2:07 PM
Good info! Sundownr 4 Jan 10, 2012 3:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America