Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Seed Trading: DJ'S SEED ROBINS IN FLIGHT PT 4

Communities > Forums > Seed Trading
bookmark
Forum: Seed TradingReplies: 375, Views: 2,364
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2012
5:44 AM

Post #8955118

WE CAME FROM HERE :2011 FALL SEED SWAP PT 1---- CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1210221/#top

WE CAME FROM HERE :2011 FALL SEED SWAP PT 2 --- CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1226307/#new
WE CAME FROM HERE : -----CLOSED
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1229046/
Well Our Robin is getting ready to fly within the Next few weeks so as promised the "FLIGHT PLAN IS" As Followed .
all I Ask is that if you see that you are going to be gone within that week that it is to land to please
POST & LET US KNOW We can reroute then send back to you.

ROBIN WEST ROUND 1

----LEFT THE NEST-------- NOV 7TH
-------------------------------------------------LANDED -------------TAKE OFF
# 1 NF293--------NANCY--------------------------NOV 9 TH -----------NOV 14TH
# 2 ORDAIRYGIRL------TESSA---------------NOV 16 TH-----------NOV 17TH
# 3 MINNESSIPPI---------STEPHANIE------NOV 21 ST---------NOV 22 TH
# 4 MELLEN1954-----MARY ELLEN-------NOV 25 TH-----------NOV 28 TH
# 5 MOMCAT-----DEB -----------------------NOV 30 TH--------DEC 3 RD
# 6 DIAMOND9192001-------ANITA------ DEC 8TH --------DEC 10 TH
------------------------------------------
SECOND TIME AROUND WEST TO EAST

# 7 IGROWINPA------- LINDA---------DEC 12TH------DEC 14TH
# 8 CAROLYN22----CAROLYN-------DEC 17TH------DEC 19TH
# 9 GARDENSEEDER-----SUSAN------DEC 22-----DEC 27 TH
#10 CRIS316--------CRIS--------DEC 29 TH-------JAN 3RD
# 11 WIND--------DIANA-----JAN 6 TH----JAN 10 TH
# 12PFG---------PAM--------JAN 12 TH---JAN14 TH
# 13 BLUESPIRAL--------KAREN---JAN 20TH ---- JAN 24 TH
# 14 BIGTROT---------DONNA-----JAN 25 TH ----JAN 26 TH
# 15 ANSONFAN--------GEORGE------JAN 28 TH----JAN 30TH
# 16 AMANDAESQ---AMANDA------FEB 1 ST-----FEB--6TH
#17MRSSPEEDSGARDEN------SHIRLEY-----FEB 11TH---- FEB 13 TH
# 18POISONDARTFROG-----ALANA-----FEB 15 TH-----FEB 18 TH
#19 ALBEACHREALTOR---EMILY -----FEB 21 -----
# 20 DEEJAY9-----SUSIE------LANDED SAT FEB 25 TH
---------------------------------------------------------------

ROBIN EAST --------------NOV 7 TH
---------------------------------------LANDED----------TAKE OFF
# 1 POISONDARTFROG----------NOV 9TH---- NOV 12 TH
# 2 MECHELLET--------------NOV 14 TH-------NOV 25 TH
# 3 MRSSPEEDSGARDEN---NOV 28 TH---NOV 30TH
# 4 ANSONFAN------------------DEC 1ST-----DEC 5 TH
# 5 AMANDAESQ------------DEC 8TH ------DEC 12 TH
# 6 BIGTROT-------------DEC 14TH --------DEC 15 TH
# 7 BLUESPIRAL-------DEC 20 TH -----DEC 21 ST
# 8 WIND-------------------DEC 23---------DEC 30 TH
# 9 -- PFG ---------- JAN-------2----------JAN 5 TH
# 10 GARDENSEEDER-------JAN 7 TH------- JAN 9 th
# 11 CAROLYN22----------JAN 11-------JAN 14 TH
# 12 CRIS307-------JAN 17 TH-- JAN 19 TH
# 13 IGROWINPA---JAN 20 TH -----JAN 23 RD
-----------------------------------------
SECOUND TIME AROUND EAST TO WEST

# 14 DIAMOND9192001-------JAN 25 TH ----JAN 28 TH
# 15 MOMCAT---------JAN 31 ST -----FEB 1 ST
# 16 MELLEN1954-----FEB 3 RD -------FEB 6TH
# 17 MINNESSIPPI---FEB 8 TH------FEB 9 TH
# 18 ORDAIRYGIRLFEB ----FEB 13 TH-----FEB 15 TH
# 19 NF2932----------FEB------18 th-------FEB 21
# 20 DEEJAY9----LANDED THURSDAY FED 24 th

**************GAME 3 FLIGHT HOME GUESSES************

. ONE Who Comes closes WITHOUT Passing the LANDING DATE Will WIN .

NF2932---------------DEC 29th.-----
MONKEYMOMR----------------JAN 15 TH------
MRSSPEEDSGARDEN ------JAN 25 TH
BIGTROT --------FEB 13 th
MOMCAT--------FEB 14 TH
POISONDARTFROG------FEB 17 TH
ANSONFAN------FEB 6 TH
PFG----------------------FEB 24 TH WINNER OF ROBIN LANDING
MELLEN----------MAR 18 TH
CAROLYN-------MAR 2ND
GARDENSEEDER63-----MAR 6 TH
CRIS316---------MAR 20 TH
MINNESSIPPI---------MAR 21

BLUESPIRAL ----WINNER OF THE NAME DRAW

<

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 7:25 PM

This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 3:33 PM

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:15 PM

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 8:01 PM

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 1:48 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2012 8:13 AM

This message was edited Feb 21, 2012 8:30 PM

This message was edited Feb 27, 2012 1:07 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 5, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #8955133

9 more and its mine again :) (patiently waiting and prepping new seeds)
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 5, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #8955190

I've had a wonderful time with everyone's goodies... I thought I was being conservative, only taking what I'm sure I can use and have a place for, but somehow still my pile grew and grew... And the box is still stuffed! Good luck to me getting everything growing this spring.

I had it ready to go this morning, but was mistaken in the order. Luckily I got the message in time, but had to rush to an appointment and didn't have to make the correction. So as soon as i'm done here I'll be sending it off ASAP, should be an hour or so.

What a generous bunch we all are!

Happy gardening to all...

Pam

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2012
8:02 AM

Post #8955198

GM all I Hope i have the list right I Just need to know these dates i lost track of
THIS IS THE WEST TO EAST ROBIN

#10 CRIS316--------CRIS--------DEC 29 TH------- when sent
# 11 WIND--------DIANA----- WHEN ARRIVED & IF SENT ????
# 12PFG---------PAM--------

THEN FOR THE EAST TO WEST

7 BLUESPIRAL-------DEC 20 TH -----DEC 21 ST
# 8 WIND-------------------DEC 23---------
# 9 -- PFG ---------- JAN-------2----------

STILL UNDER THE WEATHER HERE BUT I HOPE TO BE ON THE MEND WILL TRY TO GET BACK LATER

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 5, 2012
8:26 AM

Post #8955226

Stayin' in the loop! :D
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 5, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #8955228

:D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #8955280

amanda good to see ya watching us just let me know if ya change your mind for the second robin. jim just brought me lunch daddy is all worried about me so i have to call him :) its very hard to stay up long but i miss everyone . & i'm not the type to lay in bed all day .

well off to finish my lunch & ro read a bit .
susie
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #8955359

Susie, please continue to take care of yourself!
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 5, 2012
10:36 AM

Post #8955389

I inadvertently posted on the old thread, so here it is again...

Oh Amanda, too bad! I just sent off the robin you contributed to, not before partaking of some of your bounty. So thank you, and good luck with your problem.

What a treat it is to share in so many harvests! I got things I didn't realize i needed, things I've read about but assumed would be too difficult to find, things that would be really cool in my garden that had never occurred to me before. I can't imagine what more could tempt me in #2-- but I bet I'll find something anyway. As it is, my seed starting resources will be quite strained this spring!

Susie, don't worry, I made a new list in the correct order to send to, and re-numbered the addresses to match. After Gardenseeder/Cris (I emailed Susan about it so she knows what to do), it matches the top of this thread (#4). So everything is fine here, just think about getting well.

Dreaming of spring...

Pam

ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 5, 2012
3:12 PM

Post #8955746

Sorry to have to check out Amanda, its nice to make a new friend and hope your pipes are singing happily soon. :)

Glad to hear from you Susie, I know you are dealing with a lot and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Don't worry with this robin, if it flies around in a circle a few times it won't hurt it, it might just get a little dizzy. :)

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #8955797

Hi all

the WEST to EAST Robin just flew in!!! So great to come home to a box full of seeds. Thanks guys!

The box is showing signs of wear and tear and the side is held together by tape. I'm wondering if I should get a new box? Also, am I supposed to add seeds to this too? The box was packed pretty full, like the last one =)

Susie, hope you are feeling better

Diana

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #8955843

Susie, with all that is going on, you may have missed my previous dmail with the conf # and that I had sent the Robin East out to PFG on Dec. 30th

hope this helps fill in the blanks on your next Robin update =)

Thanks so much to everyone who contributed seeds!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #8956431

GM all Findly a good nights sleep No Caugh or fever still don't know what is causing the pains in my chest & Back .but doc is working on another test should hear from him this morning .
TY For all the T's & P's .

Anita / I Loved our chat last night it cheered me up :)

As for Putting seeds into Both robins I Don't think you have to Just be sure to take your cards out of the robins each card has a NUMBER Be sure to Hold it or REMEMBER it .

ONLY The EAST Members are to put a towel in for your partner till it gets to IGROW Then the towel she puts in is for me & Will travel the west till it gets back to me. Unless someone takes it out & Mails it :)

You all are really doing great with this robin : Thank you all

Wind Yes if the Robin 's Nest is Pretty battered up & You can get another MED Flat Rate for it PLEASE DO SO :)
We Don't want him busting open in flight some where . ty .

ok time for me to go check another forum then do some reading Being laid up I Have been reading my gardening books
has anyone any for trade ????
have a great day
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #8956445

Susie - is it possible with all of your coughing you tore a tendon or pulled muscles in your back? I've done that before - and if you are "out", it can be VERY painful. Get better soon. I know how difficult it is to stay in bed :(
What sort of gardening books are you looking for? I have lots that I would be willing to at least loan out - possibly trade (depends on the book I suppose)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2012
6:33 AM

Post #8956469

stephanie -- the muscle spaz in my back have been there for months but getting worse these pass few weeks so doc trying to find out why , pancreaes , & gull bladder seem to be fine . so i hope to maybe find a way I Can loose about 25lbs & See if that will help
I Need big help with that for I'm on coumadine so cannot have much Greens in my Intake any dietitions (MS) in our group ???

as for the gardening books I Like garden gate , or how to books , I can send you the postage if anyone has any, if you want any of them back just write your name in them & I will see that you get them back .

can ya tell how bored I'm this morning the sun is out & I would love it better if it was spring & No PAIN would Keep me out of the Garden :) But the Cold dose . well ya all have a great day .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2012
7:52 AM

Post #8956584

I will take a look at what I have for books - I will send you dmail and see if you are interested in any of them :)

Hope you feel better soon. Try acupuncture for your spasms. It really does work :)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #8956623

I have to say this:

I SWEAR I saw seeds for the bird of paradise in the East to West robin and SWORE that I took a seed or two. I can't find them so I must not.

I would love to grow this plant, it was one of my mother's favorite flowers to receive in a bouquet, and the flower one of my brothers loved most to send to her. It would mean a lot if anyone had some to spare and special advice on how to get them to thrive. If I take the second robin (Susie I am still on the fence but my empty pockets are telling my rational brain to say "no") I know I will give and take as good as the first one. This is such a BLAST but really, how many seeds can a girl have (isn't that the same question some ask about shoes?).

Headache here, hopefully not from the leakage/seepage in the bsmt. Waiting for calls back from "after disaster" type contractors. If it were me I'd leave for a hotel already, but with all the plants and critters, I think I'm stuck here. For now. I don't know what the LLs are doing on their end, but backflow from the sewage main is not something to trifle with. They know I'm a lawyer so they know not to mess with this.

Will keep you posted. For now will go out and enjoy some more unseasonably warm, or at least a little higher than average temps. As long as the sun is shining, what can be wrong with the world?!

Loveya.
A.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2012
9:13 AM

Post #8956676

I grabbed two BOP seeds - I can always give them to you if there aren't any left. I cant give advise on them though. I had purchased a plant from who knows where - 4 or 5 years ago...its doing nothing...:/

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2012
9:20 AM

Post #8956682

amanda i'm sure if there are any BOP seeds in one of the robins someone will be happy to share with you . i think they are like Some other seeds that take a couple years for them to mature but it would be fun to try them .

I'm hopping to find some lupine seeds when the robin comes home any or all colors mixed or not .dose not matter . fox tail seeds & fox glove also be nice. oh these books have me dreaming of spring :)
well off to add to my list :)
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2012
10:39 AM

Post #8956793

Susie - I will be sure to put Foxglove in for you - not sure if I have any lupine. I think I do, but I dont recall right now.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #8957106

any will do ty . this spring I Would love to do many type of vines any passion vines out there ??? well i cannot sit up any longer you all have a great evening I Will be back on in the morning .
susie

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #8957343

I saw BOP seeds in the EAST robin that flew by not that long ago, maybe there are still a few somewhere. I didn't want to try it; too exotic. Not that I don't love exotic. I'm still trying to get our plumbago to bloom =/

Susie, I'm a dietitian (feels so good to be able to finally able to say that). To be successful at some weight loss it helps to make one very small change in your normal daily routine. It should be something you know you can follow through with. For some, a goal may be to reduce 500 calories a day from their diet, or burn off an extra 500 cal/d by doing some type of physical activity. In your case, I would not even worry about it until you feel better. I recommend getting an okay from your doctor first too.

I'm sitting here surrounded by seeds lol!!! trying to sort through so I can get the Robin back in flight. I'll pick up a new box tomorrow, no problem.

have a nice weekend,
Diana
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 6, 2012
8:12 PM

Post #8957583

Susie, I saw a packet of Texas bluebonnet lupines in the East robin. Maybe someone down the line could put your name on it. I did a bunch of lupines from seed last year and they looked pretty good by fall, so I didn't take any. Actually I think I might have put my leftover lupine seeds in too- I sent my contribution off weeks ago because I was going to be away, so now I'm not sure any more what was in it.

You sound a bit perkier, hope this means the worst is over.

Oh boy Diana-- I see on the list I get the west robin after you, and it sounds like another bonanza. What fun! No rush, though, I have to catch my breath from the last one.

Can't wait for spring!

Pam

ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 6, 2012
10:28 PM

Post #8957669

Susie I have a pack of Lupine Russels Mix I will put it in an envie with your name on it. Hope you are doing better.

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2012
5:27 AM

Post #8957823

Pam it's packed full of great seeds! I'm working my way thru them. Can't wait for March to start some seeds indoors. I didn't WS any this season. I still may if I can get better organized with what I have. I have a bunch of milk jugs already cut and with drain holes saved out in our garage

CRIS316, do you recall the color of your unknown large head daisy?
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #8957847

I'm close to the last on the list before the east to west robin fly's home to you Susie. My Mom and Grandma (who live in western Washington) sent me a huge baggy of Lupine seed. Not sure of color or variety, but I'll make sure to include some. I'm hoping I can get some to grow here. The high desert, low precipitation with alkaline soils probably isn't their favorite environment =)
I've got big plans for Spring with all my collected seed. Got 30 winter sow milk jugs out already...which was a challenge since I live on a dairy and never buy milk. Luckily family are saving them for me. I want to put in a "southern" garden in my hoophouse. I accidentally grew cotton last year and it was so fun to watch it bloom. From the robin I have sorghum and millet. Going to try peanuts as well. Guess I just need a tobacco plant now =)
Built myself a seed growing rack that will hold 6-12 trays and set it up in my basement. Just purchased a pound of worms on ebay to start a worm composting bin too. Now the trouble is trying to stay caught up on my online teaching, housework and kid stuff since I want to spend all my time playing garden=)
Hope you feel better soon Susie and thank you everyone for your generosity. Can't wait to see the robin again!

Tessa

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #8958374

hi guys, in the West to East there is a baggie marked Geiger from PFG...are those seeds for all of us, or is that baggie marked for Geiger? just don't want to take any of someone elses seeds??? can't tell. the baggie is full with a bunch of comm pkts and globe thistle, nicotiana, rose of sharon etc. TY! I'll set it aside for now...
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2012
3:22 PM

Post #8958400

Diana, it sounds like the seeds I sent off before I went away. Susie told me to send it to the person who was after me in the robin, and I guess she put it in the West one instead of the East one. So please take as much as you like, they are for everyone. Especially that !&#% Globe Thistle, bane of my life cleaning that stuff, someone better want it! And please, all you East people after me, by all means take!

Xox Pam
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #8958673

Pam - I will not be taking any!! I have been cleaning my own now for about a week and I still have a paper lunch bag FULL! Still havent gotten the rolling pin out. Doing them one by one with the back of the spoon :) Not like Im in a hurry...have a 1.5 x 1.5 baggie full already.
Cant wait to get the Robin!! 8 more to go :D (doin the ants in the pants dance...)

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2012
7:15 PM

Post #8958674

hehehe Thanks Pam!!! I just wanted to be sure they weren't someones. I can't believe all the seeds!! Wait until you get this box. I'm into a bag of veggie seeds now and I just love the speckled lima beans. I may have to make room to try growing a few plants. In looking them up I discovered a similar, but larger heirloom - Christmas Lima beans. I'm going to order them. Ordering seeds after all this...must be crazy lol. Supposedly, they are really large (size of a quarter) and have a chestnut flavor, unlike the not-so-popular plain, green, lima beans. Has anyone ever tried them?

enjoy the rest of the weekend
the weather here was warm and so nice today, our garlic is confused (thinks it's April) and starting to grow!
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2012
8:46 PM

Post #8958781

Oh Minne I feel for you!

Wind, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!

Today was gorgeous here in NYC too. We walked and walked. Almost felt like spring, but I know it won't last. We don't open the house in CT before the end of March. Sigh...

Pam

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #8959861

Hi guys, I just want to double check who gets this box. I believe I have the SECOND TIME AROUND WEST TO EAST. The top of this thread shows:
# 7 IGROWINPA------- LINDA---------DEC 12TH------DEC 14TH
# 8 CAROLYN22----CAROLYN-------DEC 17TH------DEC 19TH
# 9 GARDENSEEDER-----SUSAN------DEC 22-----DEC 27 TH
#10 CRIS316--------CRIS--------DEC 29 TH-------JAN 3RD
# 11 WIND--------DIANA-----
# 12PFG---------PAM--------
# 13 BLUESPIRAL--------KAREN
# 14 BIGTROT---------DONNA-----
...but the list I have shows #7 Growinpa, #8 Carolyn, #9Gardenseeder63, #10 PFG crossed off with a question mark next to it, #11 CRIS316, #12a me Wind, #12b Bigtrot, #13 AMANDAESQ, #14Ansonfan, #15MrsSpeeds, #16Mechellet, #17 poisondartfrog, #18 Susie

so I guess I'm shipping to 12b Bigtrot and not you Pam. UNLESS...It looks like #9 may have shipped the box to #11, if that's the case maybe Pam did not get this yet and her name was accidentally crossed off? Pam, let me know, if you didn't get it yet I'll ship it to you and you can then ship it to #12b. Unless I hear otherwise.

If anyone can please let me know tonight or early early if possible. I have to leave for work and I was going to have a family member go to the po for me tomorrow. TY!

Diana

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2012
7:42 PM

Post #8959959

Hi Diana,

In this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8955198 - on Jan 5, 2012 12:02 pm, Susie gave her most recent update to the order of this robin route.

So, unless she tells you otherwise, maybe it would be best for you to go by that post and send the box to pam/PFG who will then follow this same route?

Hope this helps as opposed to snarling us up,
karen

ps - but to verify Susie's post, pfg tells you she's looking forward to the box after you in this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8957583

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #8959984

pps - Diana, also, in this post - http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=8955131 - Susie said to "not go by the list in the robins."

Hope I'm not makinng a pest out of myself,
karen
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 9, 2012
12:22 AM

Post #8960067

I haven't gotten it yet... I was away for nearly 3 weeks in Dec so the box skipped me. Someone may have crossed me off because of that. Susie posted that the lists in the robins got all messed up, and posted the correct order at the top of this thread. So I should be next. Can't wait...

Pam

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2012
5:04 AM

Post #8960161

GM

yes wind has the west to east & it will now go back up to Pfg/pam for she was gone & I had to change the flight but the flight up top is the one to go by do not go by the one in the robin if someone has a printer maybe make a New list for the robins ..

hope you all are finding some great seeds to try :) anyone have any red white &blue type of seeds . ???? on the mend here findly was able to be around daddy yesterday so he is once again happy .

well off to get his BKF you all have a great day I'll check back in soon .
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 9, 2012
6:07 AM

Post #8960230

I was able to gather JoePye seed yesterday...walking through the muddy yard :) So wanted to stay out there and play in the garden, but my dad was over helping me with an electrical issue - that took 4 hours to somewhat straighten out. Still have a few mysteries, but at least the outlets in my kitchen work now. Had been down to two plugs that worked since a week before Christmas. PAIN in the rear!! Had to go as far as putting the coffee pot in the bathroom! CANT go without my coffee!! I tried to pretend I was in a hotel...but the dirty laundry and floors that needed vacuuming didnt let that fantasy last too long.. :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2012
7:26 AM

Post #8960337

BEEN THERE HAD THAT ISSUE A FEW YEARS BACK . Guess we will do most anything for that 1st cup of morning coffee.
that year the only place was out @ the barn the mice or some critter had gotten into our control box in the basement .

well off to look up a few plants . anyone Know of a good source for buying flats of plants ??? there was a comp in NC I thought but i can't remember the name of them. chat more later
susie

gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

January 9, 2012
10:45 AM

Post #8960665

there is still lupins and bird of paridise in robin when i mailed to carolyn today, maybe you can ask her to label them for you susie. have the greatest time with the robin what a great bunch of seeds and peoplle here!! put everything in a fresh new box med flat rate,and boy that robind fat and happily on her way to carolyn. blessings susan

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 9, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #8961049

BIGTROT--DONNA Thank you for the very nice card very nice advice :) But I Will try to slow down & Smell the flowers :) right now i just smell the dirt :) I'm going to plant a few more seeds tomorrow . will let you what when I Have them in :)

Makes me happy to hear from you all about the robin . Know I WOULD Really Like to know how to make it better .

DO YOU LIKE THE ROBIN HOUSE TO HOUSE ??? OR
WOULD YOU RATHER SEND ALL YOUR SEEDS TO ONE PERSON & LET THAT PERSON SEND YOU OTHER TYPES OF SEEDS ??

i WILL NOT DO TWO ROBINS ANY MORE i WILL HAVE ONE ROBIN GO ALL THE WAY AROUND & THEN IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO THROUGH IT AGAIN THEY WILL BE WELCOME TO DO SO.

I Sure appreciate the help on keeping track of these robins . ya all are super :)
well GN All back in the AM For coffee :)

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #8961236

Harry picked up a new box for the seeds today

thanks for clarifying the Robins flight path =)

she takes off again in the am to visit Pam. Pam, get ready for some great seeds!!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 9, 2012
6:28 PM

Post #8961289

Susie

I like the robin traveling all around the country. It is fun to anticipate and to read everyone's postings...

Feel better and don't overdo - when I had pneumonia, it took my body a good year to get my strength back to where I was before pneumonia.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #8961573

gm all diane ty for the new box for the robin At times they do get beaten up a bit. two more warm days then OLD MAN WINTER
Is going to dump on us

carolyn I also like the robins for we can pick & choose our own that we want to try . but haven two at a time is hard to watch .
so will do just one for everyone to go through.

I hope to have many more NEW type of seeds next fall to share ':) since the robin i have found a few new seed sites & ordered'a few now i hope i can get them to grow .

well off to get daddy up ya all have a great day .
susie ,
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2012
6:32 AM

Post #8961637

I prefer the traveling robin, so I can pick the seeds I want. I've been in too many swaps where I have gotten a lot of seeds back that I wasn't interested in trying, or things I already had. It gives you a good stock for trading, but I'd rather pick the seeds I was getting.

Deb
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

January 10, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #8961673

me too momcat
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 10, 2012
9:46 AM

Post #8961885

same here. I like the option of picking what I want and not getting what I dont want :)
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2012
1:57 PM

Post #8962289

I participated in a seed swap where you send in the packets...didn't get things back for my zone. Only 6a- but a lot of things I'll have to start very early to get a bloom and seed in before frost. There is such joy in digging through a giant box of seeds =) I'm counting the days till I get to do it again! Susie had such a variety in this robin, I don't think you'd feel cheated being at the beginning of the robin list even if there was only 1 sent around.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #8962343

Evening everyone well super over & I Can finely sit back & Check mail, threads , & My facebook :) Only wy I Can keep up as to what all my NEICES & Nephews are up to .
evening coffee is ready so off to read & Drink:)))

Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2012
11:25 AM

Post #8963509

I looooove the robin. I never thought I would find so many things to try. I have so much already, and I've already narrowed down my plans for this year, so I was sure I wouldn't be tempted easily, and that was true. But there was so much in that box that still my pile grew and grew. There seems to be at least a little bit of almost everything.

So I hope it continues... And one is plenty!

Pam
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2012
3:08 PM

Post #8963801

The robin has landed!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2012
4:31 PM

Post #8963880

CAROLYN DO YOU HAVE THE EAST TO WEST ROBIN ?????

WHEN ROBINS LAND LET ME KNOW IF THEY ARE EAST TO WEST OR WEST TO EAST THAT WILL HELP ALSO :))))
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 12, 2012
9:15 AM

Post #8964742

Well it certainly helps to be on the right page !!
Wind, the large-headed daisies were a creamy white color. Hope you
took some cause I have plenty ! For those who are looking I put some
Joe Pye Weed in the West to East box when it was here.

Whoever ends up with the boxes please consider passing what you don't
need to a local community garden or food pantry. I passed out 120 packets
of tomato & lettuce seeds, 50 packets of cantaloupe and misc other veggie
seed last spring & they were very much appreciated.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 12, 2012
9:19 AM

Post #8964744

Susie

I believe it to be the East Robin

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2012
10:24 AM

Post #8964858

carolyn you have the EAST Robin if it started with poisidartfrog RIGHT ??? So you will be sending to cris for she was passed over :( sorry cris my fault. I hope I have everyone back on track ;)

but it would really help me MUCH Better if when the Robins land you would
POST WHAT ROBIN LANDED. & PLEASE DO NOT USE THE FLIGHT SHEETS IN THE ROBINS UNLESS THEY HAVE BEEN
RETYPED OR PRINTED OUT. PLEASE CHECK THE ONE HERE ON THE FORUM .

GOING THROUGH my new seed catalogs sure should not do that . please lets thing of a few games to play ;)

I CAN BE COME IN ASSORTED COLORS SHAPES GROW AS A BUSH OR A VINE
IF YOU CLIP ME OR SNIP ME I COOK UP REAL FINE.
WHO AM I ?? _______--_______

IF YOU WI THIS PUZZLE YOU GET TO POST THE EXT PUZZLE :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2012
1:32 PM

Post #8965077

ok I Want all games POSTED & ANSWERED HERE so That the 1st one to get right answer will win .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #8965227

peas or beans?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2012
3:57 PM

Post #8965237

what type ? choose one
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2012
4:20 PM

Post #8965262

i dont know my peas & beans...Ill say bush beans. is that a bean? :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #8965360

yes they are bean's so now it is your turn to post a game :)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #8965369

oh jeez...I dont have a game. let me think...
I do want to share a portion of a dream I had...in theory it would work...I couldnt see well out my window screen, so I painted it clear...:) LOL Like I said, in theory, it should work.

(I will try and think of a game...until then, if someone else has one, please share)
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 13, 2012
9:25 AM

Post #8966107

Woooeeee!!! I got the robin this morning (i think it arrived yesterday, but the doorman gave it to me today) and whipped through it in record time! Wow!!! How could there be so much more that I needed?!

I up-dated the list to match the top of this thread. Bluespiral, get ready, you're next. I hope to get to the PO this afternoon, at the latest, tomorrow morning. I'll send you the conf# ASAP.

Pam

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 13, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #8966133

Wow Pam you're a quick one. I guess if my nosey neighbor hadn't been here going thru the box first before me I wouldn't have taken so long. :P

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #8966212

Pam Thank you for up-dating the list ,When you get Ready to mail out The robin can you POST Here as to Witch Robin your sending out So other can also help keep track of ..

well we have about 3" of new snow So I Have been Playing with a few craft Ideas :) .so back at it . ya all have a great day.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #8967201

The East robin is going out to Cris316 today.

Cris - I will dmail you the confirmation number.

Carolyn
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2012
10:26 AM

Post #8967355

West-to East robin went out today...

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #8967377

Pam - all righty - I have some seeds all ready to pop in for folks down the line - but hope I have time to improve what I have to share. Susie, I've gotcha on climbers, but there's probably some that others will have that I don't. Am working on others' wishes.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #8967473

TY Pam /& Carolyn for posting That trully helps us all to Know What Robin is where & Gives Heads up to the ones Who are Next .
& they can watch for it :) & By Sending the conf # To The person your sending the robin or to me also helps us .

Karen I Hope to Plant Many types of vines come spring :) so any is fine with me :) Except for Trumpet I Have red, yellow & Orange ones already .

We have an ITALIAN, Mexican, ECT ECT All in One That A guy I Went to school with opened up a few years back doing great with it He knows I'm Into gardening & Ask if I ever grew any HOT HOT PEPPERS told him No but that I Would ask to see if any of you Know of any good ones ,the hotter the better he wants . so anyone help me out ???
have you all been getting the New 2012 Seed catalogs & See the Price's on some of them :) Holly COW I See some are $7.for 10 seeds + $6.shipping

well mail just came so off to the mail box we have about 4 in of snowhope we don't get any more :) ya all have a great day .
back later .

ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 14, 2012
8:07 PM

Post #8968067

Susie
The hottest peppers in the world are the Bhut Jelokia group. They soar over 1.000,000 Scovlle untis, some over 1,400,000! Trade Winds carries them:
http://tradewindsfruit.com/

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2012
8:11 AM

Post #8968464

ty for the site George nice site. are those ones you cannot touch with bare hands :) Hope they have warning signs :) The hottest I Eat are the Banana Peppers :) HEhe I'm not any to brave to go hotter.
I Love my HORSERADISH ,

Well it is a Sunny Cold day here about 4-5 in of snow on the ground . so i been playing in the dirt with a few seeds but time to go start Lunch , have a great day will try to pop back in later.
susie
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2012
8:01 AM

Post #8969800

I have grown the habenero and a few other hot ones, and I know first hand that you don't want to get that stuff in your eyes, but with that high of a number you might want to cage the plant! :))
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2012
2:09 PM

Post #8971664

Just got the seed box Susie.
The confirmation said it was on the truck but she had to circle around
& come back cause she forgot it the first time. Whew ! I was panic struck
for awhile thinking it was lost in our little town !

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #8971712

GREAT HOPE YOUR HAVEN A GREAT TIME WITH IT :))
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 17, 2012
8:50 PM

Post #8972227

Did I ever mention how wonderful my DH is? He came home
from work early - meaning he's feeling pretty much at death's
door with his head all stuffy, coughing & sneezing.
Anyway he brings me in the bulging box & asks what's in it.
I had to laugh at his face when I dumped it out & he saw it was
seeds AGAIN - 2 boxes within 2 weeks was just 2 much for him.
He rolled his eyes - backed out the doorway and just went to bed.
Never so much as said a word. Now thats a good man lol

The variety in the box is amazing - yes it took me almost 5
hours to go through it as I had to look up names that weren't
familiar to me. Carolyn put in lotus and although I spent a good
amount of time looking them up and ohhing & ahhing in the end
I had to put them back. About 2 years back we had to fill in the "pond". The maintenance was time consuming & since we
live near a very marshy area, the mosquitos were horrid to deal
with.
Its very difficult to come up with seeds that are not already in
there but I've actually managed & I'll hopefully get the box out
in tomorrow's mail.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 18, 2012
1:34 AM

Post #8972338

Cris

It's too bad you had to fill in your pond - I live for the time I can be out by my pond again. Have you thought about perhaps a tub filled with lotus? You would not have to get into the whole pond thing...

Dmail me or visit the pond/water garden forums if you want to open up your pond again and keep the maintenance and mosquitos to a minimum. I am not an expert but have been ponding for 11 years...so perhaps I could help with some things.
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 18, 2012
2:02 AM

Post #8972350

Carolyn I want a pond sol much. I live on top of a hill that gets crispy dry in the summertime but down at the bottom of the hill is a branch that is pretty much dry except during the winter and spring. I hope to someday stretch it out into a pond so I can be near water again. I miss that very much. I have collected every book I can find on designing water gardens so I hope I can learn enough to avoid the pitfalls when I can get a backhoe in here. People around here that have ponds put up martin birdhouses - they say that they will keep the mosquito problems under control.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 18, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #8972452

You won't regret it... as I stated, I live for mine. I love the fish and the waterlilies. My bedroom is over my deck and pond in the back and in the summer I listen to the waterfalls at night. There is nothing more soothing than the sound of waterfalls...

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

RickCorey_WA

RickCorey_WA
Everett, WA
(Zone 8a)

January 18, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #8973166

RE: Super-hot peppers

Susie, I dpon't know which of these I still have extras of.

But I will add a few kinds, 5-7 seeds each, to what I'll be sending you soon. The first three are all said to be as hot as or hotter than BHUT JOLOKIA - 1 million Scoville Heat Units. Approaching civilian "Mace" pepper spray strength.

Mostly trades / gifts from Smokemaster:

- Trinidad Scorpion Red - - Caribbean - Hybrid or OP? (Capsicum chinense) 1.4 M SHU
- BHUT JOLOKIA, Naga Jolokia, Ghost Pepper, or Ghost Chili Pepper 1 MSHU (small qty)
- - 7-Pot Jonah V V HOT - 1 M SHU
- - 7 Pot Red Mix
- - 7 Pot Yellow
- - 7 Pot Chocolate
- Aji Umba Hot Pepper (Capsicum chinense) V HOT. habanero type - lime green to yellow orange to red, 2009
- Guam Boonie - Capsicum frutescens - ¾" long. Upright, light green to orange to red, wild variety from jungles in Guam
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 18, 2012
7:21 PM

Post #8973576

Carolyn, We did have a tub in the ground and had to backhoe
it out. If we ever decide we want one again I'll contact you for
some of the lovely lotus seeds.

FYI to those the East Box is coming to visit. The box is bulging
to the point that the PO is probably going to revoke the "medium"
size box status. I did try to condense but it was difficult to get my
own seed bag in & the towel might have to be sent separately.

I don't want to sound like a jerk so this is merely a suggestion.
If a species & cultivar is already in the box don't add more of
that type - just add what you have that is different.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 19, 2012
6:21 AM

Post #8973881

5 to go...5 to go...:)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2012

Post #8974541

bLUE WAITING TO HEAR :) hAS THE ROBIN LANDED ????? WEST TO EAST ROBIN ???

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #8974651

Hi Susie, sorry to say the West to East robin has not landed. Here's what the confirmation tracker has to say:

Status of Your Item Date & Time Location Features

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
January 19, 2012, 9:53 am
LINTHICUM HEIGHTS, MD 21090
Delivery Confirmation™

Depart USPS Sort Facility
January 18, 2012
BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed through USPS Sort Facility
January 17, 2012, 6:27 pm
BETHPAGE, NY 11714
---------------------------------

The USPS is a real ball of fire, ain't it?

grrr
karen

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #8974681

I Think The same thing happened with the east robin with someone so it should be any day now :)

all is well I Might not be on as often for a few days been getting ready for my dads 99 th b-day parthy
but i will try to get in to check see if i have mail but may not be able to post on the forums we will see how it goes .
ty all
susie

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2012
4:00 PM

Post #8974716

Susie, congratulations to your Dad on his 99th birthday - hope it'll be a very special day for you all. The changes he has seen in his lifetime must be very interesting, to say the least.
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #8974764

God Bless him 99 ! I'm sure his lifetime has been a real
whirlwind of new experiences.

I mean look how the internet and cell phones have changed
the way of life in the past 15 years. Never mind that I remember
black & white TV lol

May he celebrate many more & have the good health to
enjoy them !
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

January 20, 2012
5:30 AM

Post #8975124

wow happy birthday dad!!!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 20, 2012
6:17 AM

Post #8975185

We Hope he makes the SMUCKER JAR :) got to spend the day getting ready for the open house nothing huge or I don't think it will be for we're not sure how the weather will be . fingers crossed it will be bright & Sunny :)
snow fall 3-6" tonight they say .

Karen we will hope your robin will land today :) you all have a great day will check back when i take a break :))))

susie

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2012
2:11 PM

Post #8975680

The box has landed and now we don't have to parachute down our hill to get to the mailbox tomorrow midst predicted ice storms :) I haven't peeked yet. Am I the only granny-aged gardener who devolves into a 2-year over this kind of thing?

woohoo,
karen

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 20, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #8975763

I'm NOT A Granny But I Love to sit & wonder through all the types of seeds :) Any one have any Passion vines or cork screw vine seeds ?
good to here KAREN Bet We Know What your going to be Doing & ITS NOT ICE SKATING :))))

I Just Got word that The other ROBIN Will be Landing TOMORROW we hope :)

Findly I Can sit back tonight get caught up here While Enjoying My Hot Toddy for the night:)ya all have a safe weekend
3-6 In of snow falling here tonight :)
susie
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2012
5:46 PM

Post #8975905

I'm hoping to have corkscrew vine soon. I made a trade with another gardener in Africa and my fingers are crossed that it makes it through customs. I want them so bad I can taste them. Got the lattice today for them, so I'm using positive thinking. Intend to do everything I can to get them to seed next year.
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2012
6:18 PM

Post #8975930

Awww Susie, I looked through your want list & all I
could find was daylilies. I'm sure Somewhere I have
some Passion Flower "Incense" seeds. I'll hunt them
up & get back to you.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 21, 2012
4:55 AM

Post #8976195

I Would like to try a few new vines this year thought if i could start them indoors they should have a good chance to bloom this summer :)
all i need is a couple 3 of each to see if they will grow for me . ty all .

well my doors are frozen shut again this morning brother here for the recue its open so will try to get back on later have a great weekend
be safe
susie
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2012
9:07 AM

Post #8976454

I have pink fuzzy bean if anyone is interested...
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #8976534

Steph I would love a few seeds to the pink fuzzybean. Can we trade for something?
Susie I wish you would send some of that snow down our way. I can't even get in the mood to wintersow, its supposed to be in the 60s here today.
Igrowinpa
Beaver Falls, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
10:36 AM

Post #8976570

Susie and Cris,
The box was just delivered by our mailman, who is also our neighbor, and he asked my DH who was out snowblowing so the MM could get INTO the driveway, what is it with you guys and all the boxes???!!!!!! My DH told him - " from things on the internet"!

My Grand-daughter has a basketball game this afternoon - grades 4 and 5 girls - so I will not get to open it up and work on it until a bit later. Gives me something to look forward to HE HE HE.
Linda

PS Also got a new seed catalog today. I'm in heaven!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2012
10:47 AM

Post #8976589

Not ashamed to tell you grand-lady aged ladies (and gents) that middle aged generation X ladies get that way too over a box of seed. :D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 21, 2012
1:18 PM

Post #8976729

I Have 4 NEW Seed & Flower books maybe more So i have been throwing out last years :) well its been a very busy day getting ready for tomorrow & This old lady is ready for a break so brother is frying Fresh Blue Gills for daddys super so i can sit back for awhile .
so if you all for give me I will lay back for an Hr or so .
back later
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2012
6:09 PM

Post #8977052

Sure George. I can send you some. Anything else you'd like from my list as long as I am sending?
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2012
8:59 PM

Post #8977193

Susie,
I usually cut pics of the seeds I have already from the old
catalog and either plan my garden or stick them in the
little baggies so I can find them easily when I'm hunting
through a 100+ of the same looking packages.

Just a thought if you haven't already thought of it.

Glad you got the box Linda, didn't I tell you it was bulging?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #8977871

cris that is a great Idea I Will start doing that will go get the old seed books out of the recycle bin TY saves on PRINTER INK Also
cool . ty ty for sharinging that great Idea .

OH What a LONG DAY So HAPPY IT IS OVER So So Many People in one small Place I need to lay back for awhile to get my thoughts will try to get back later or in the Morning .

susie
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #8978173

Your welcome Susie. Glad you & Dad had a great day. Its a
nice way to become exhausted :)
Igrowinpa
Beaver Falls, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2012
6:37 PM

Post #8978271

Yes you did warn me, Cris. It was a really full box. Thanks so much for a pretty towel. The colors in it are perfect for my kitchen. I love it!

I'm all sorted and ready to repack. I need to find a new box so that I can get the Robin back in flight. I hope the local PO has the correct size box when I stop tomorrow. On to Anita next. Are you ready to have some fun, Anita?

Linda
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #8979679

Did the robin leave PFG on January 14th like it says up top? Just wondering where it happened to. Anybody know?
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #8979900

George,
Bluespiral - Karen received it on the 20th according to her post. I know
it gets dizzying sometimes trying to read them all.

My family all go to bed early so I have to tell someone or I'll burst.
My daughter Liz works at Foxboro Stadium & was one of the employees
chosen by random drawing to go to the SuperBowl ALL expenses paid !!
WOOO HOOO

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #8979909

Hey Cris: I'm here and I hear you!!!

That's awesome! Hope she gets on camera and you can see her!!!

xox
A.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
10:21 PM

Post #8980063

Yeah!!!!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 24, 2012
1:32 AM

Post #8980088

Wow Cris! That is great!
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2012
6:03 AM

Post #8980262

Congrats to your daug Cris. I know thats a pretty expensive prize! A trip of a lifetime.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2012
6:23 AM

Post #8980287

How exciting Cris! I hope she enjoys Indianapolis. It's a fun town. While she's there hopefully she can check out the Circle Center mall and Buccas, if she likes italian food.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
6:32 AM

Post #8980299

GM To all as of JAN 20th The WEST TO EAST Robin had Landed @ Bluespiral / Karen's Home So She should be Posting soon as to rather she has sent it on to BIGTROT /Donna Or Not as of yet I Have not heard back. so Hope that maybe we will hear something today .

Now as For The EAST TO WEST Robin It has Left Igrowinpa/ Linda's On Jan 23 rd On Its way to
Diamond9192001 / Anita's & should land maybe today or tomorrow.

Did I Mention also I Do not exspect you to put into both Robins ONLY Into the 1st robins that you recieve
but if you have special pks for others after you then you may include them .

well i have findely caught up with my self I Hope since things are not so hecktive Now that daddys party is over thank you all for watching out for the robins with me :)

well you all have a save & Fun day I will be back later
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

January 24, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #8980321

oops i put a big bunch in both robins lol oh well happy to share,susan

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
7:19 AM

Post #8980355

That is fine but i should have explained that you would not have to off to play in plaster this morning :)
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2012
9:01 AM

Post #8980488

lol Susie, fine time to tell us we didn't have to put seeds into 2 Robins.
Since they were going to different people I actually split the seeds I had
to put into both.

Anita, from what Liz says its going to be a pretty whirlwind tour. They fly
out Sunday morning, go to the hotel to check in, gather in a hospitality
suite to be whisked off to the stadium. After the game - win or lose there
is a party with the players. Back to the room, then a flight out Monday
morning. Go Pats !!! I'm so excited for her !

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #8980537

sorry cris It is trully my fault for not posting that & I Should have but with Holidays , weather , sickness ,& No other Good Excuse I just didn't think about it , Seems as some one sent me a private email & Ask me that & I was going to post it , & I do not remember if i had or not . Soso sorry .

BIGTROT / Donna Have you rec'd the robin yet ???? Just waiting for my Plaster to dry trying to make a few Stones for my garden this spring :) got to go pick up a bag of cement , so you all have a great day .
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2012
1:05 PM

Post #8980796

Cris, I'm excited for your daughter!!! I am not cheering for the Patriots, though. I'm cheering for Eli, our Manning brother.

Does anyone have any Lantana seeds in the Robin? Does anyone have sowing experience with Lantana?

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012
2:39 PM

Post #8980902

The West to East robin has flown to BigTrot today - by the seat of DH's pants - he skidded into the line snaking out the post office door just before 5:00 pm with Ye Boxe - confirmation #0310 2010 0000 9915 0261. It was close - I added 52 flower packs - 41 from the wish lists or my intuition of BigTrot, AmandaESQ, mrsspeedsgarden & Deejay9 (my brain is mush right now, bear with me for not using real names) - plus 11 for everyone to share, in which hopefully there will be enough for the rest of y'all down the line from me.

I couldn't finish Ansonfan's & Poisondart's in time to mail the box today, so will send seeds to those two separately - still waiting on a couple of things anyway.

By now, I realize I didn't have to add seeds, but these were special seeds that I knew some of you wanted - and isn't part of the fun to play Seedy Santa? Where else can Santa get Seedy, anyway?

Although I didn't find anything for myself in the box, I enjoyed going through it - love the mystery & suspense.
----------------------------------------
Susie, sounds like your Dad's birthday party was a "rousing" success - good for you.

Congratulations, Cris, on your daughter's upcoming adventure - if there's ever a good time of the year for excitement and fun, it's certainly now during winter doldrums.

Karen

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
2:52 PM

Post #8980913

TY Karen How could you get it closed with all of that :) ??? :)))) Sounds as Donna May have to put up a soft landing Pad for that robin or get the tread mill ready for him :) .

Golly Hard to Believe that the WEST Robin is almost Home Just 4 more stops & The East robin has only 6 more stops .
well off to play cards for a bit ya all have a great evening .
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #8981075

Thanks everyone for your expressions of delight at my daughters good fortune.

Anita thats ok not to root for the Pats. I'm not a fan of football period -
I'm a hockey, baseball gal.

Last year I grew Lantana from seed & it was pretty darn easy. They
came up beautifully & the butterflies loved it. If you don't find Lantana
in the swap I can send you some seeds which I couldn't find at the
time to include in the stash.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #8981137

I have a question? I've been following this thread for a while to learn how the Robins work and I just had to ask...how many times does the robin go around? What happens to all the seed that is bursting out of the boxes? I'm guessing that the boxes gain more seed than they started out with right? My brain is swirrling...I have a cold so I'm blaming my lack of being able to understand on that.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #8981222

monkeymomr - this one had two boxes - 19(?) people. One starts on one end and travels down the line, the other started at the other end and went up the line. Usually - there is only one box and it goes one way, then back to the originator.
This one has been AWESOME albeit a bit hard to track at times. We are all loving it, are we not?!?!

Its almost to me!! Just to clarify though - am I not supposed to put seed in the second time around? I thought that is what I read. Just want to make sure. I do have it ready if need be - and if someone after me wants something specific, I will absolutely put it in.
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2012
6:51 PM

Post #8981256

I did love how this went around although I understand the
headache it was for Susie, our moderator. Susie you are
doing a wonderful job. I get excited when Other people get
the box cause I know just how chock full of goodies it is :)

Minnesippi, I believe that is what was said.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #8981348

What happens to the seed in the boxes when they finish? Do you all divvy it up or have you put together list of wants for the end?
bigtrot
Upper Marlboro, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #8981498

DH bday celebration last night. So now my time is dedicated to the Robin. Can't wait for it to arrive - should be here today or tomorrow. I'm so ready. We finally have a bit of winter so I have been winter sowing. My first year so who knows what I'll end up with but it is such a mood lifter in these non gardening months. Happy Gardening!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #8981529

Momr , as minn said there is usually just one robin , but this time was 2 so yes there are more seeds i started them both with the same amount of seeds about 200 pks ea ,

i just ask everyone to take what they can use & add any thing that is not already in the robin.
if you do not have anything different Don't worry about putting in .

as for what is in there i have no idea when they get back here i will go through them remove what i can use , any extra's i will share with others who would like any

well daddy is 99 today he has been signing all morning . except while eating his oatmeal :)
ya all have a great day
susie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #8981538

I forgot to mention last years robin someone added some PURPLE COTTON Seeds So far I think 4 out of 6 have sprouted will keep you updated on them.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
6:31 AM

Post #8981590

Purple Hyachin vine growing well Coral vine Just popping out of the soil & To The Right is Purple Cotton I Just had to try :)
FROM THE LAST SPRING ROBIN :)
just had to share :) OH & I have a Tomato Plant popping up :) Not sure witch one yet . planted three type :)

Thumbnail by deejay9

momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #8981646

Susie,

If your cotton does well, and you have seeds to share next fall, I would love to try some!! It sounds neat!

Deb

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #8981688

will do deb Will put you on the list right now & How I Don't loose the list :) got it on my 2012 Fall list :)
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 25, 2012
8:31 AM

Post #8981714

Happy Birthday to your Dad. Wow it must be some kind of feeling to be 99. I hope everyone can make it, including me, if we are allowed so much time. Centurion is just around the corner! whoo whoo!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 25, 2012
9:21 AM

Post #8981783

thank you for answering Susie. You must be overwhelmed when the box gets to you.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
9:55 AM

Post #8981823

not really just enjoy what i can try new & share the rest that is whats nice now the East box is going to be out your way this next month & if you would like to join us just send me your name & address & give me some idea as to where you are between
# 18 ORDAIRYGIRL---org
# 19 NF2932 ----cal
i can put you in . & be happy to do so . just say the word ;)

ORDAIRYGIRL sure hope your not snowed in or flooded out . haven't heard from ya let us know ok ???
well off soon to take maragert to her eye apt , & then to the train station so you all have a great day .
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2012
11:25 AM

Post #8981895

I knew the Robin was going to show up today. I was so disappointed when I went to the mailbox and nothing was there. As I reached the end of my street, the mailman turned the corner! I pulled a u-turn in the middle of my street, then drove back down to my house and backed into the driveway. Once the mailman made it to my house I was dancing next to my mailbox. I was not able to check out the contnt but at least the box is here!!! LoLI will be able to go through it and get it to the PO by Saturday. I can hardly wait to get home!!!!
bigtrot
Upper Marlboro, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
1:03 PM

Post #8982017

DH brought the mail home and the Robin has landed. As soon as we eat I will be busy...seeds dancing in my head...can't sing and too excited to worry about it. I will let you know when it leaves. It's a really heavy box!!!!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 25, 2012
1:59 PM

Post #8982093

I would love to join in, but after I mail my SSS box, I'm tapped out for a few months. I already plan on being apart of the next one. I have really enjoyed watching this. And I've been caught dancing next to my mailbox a time or two myself. My mail lady finds it funny.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
2:24 PM

Post #8982114

ty for the Up-date ladies Just sit back & Enjoy :)))
These Robins are about NECK & NECK Now :)

AS I SAID If You have Nothing New to add do not feel you have to add Just take what you can use .
well off to get caught up . ya all have a good evening .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 25, 2012
2:34 PM

Post #8982120

three more...THREE MORE!!! Doin the couch wiggle :)
bigtrot
Upper Marlboro, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #8982271

George (ansonfan) the Robin is leaving here and heading to your house in the morning and there is Pink Fuzzy Bean in there!!!

Susie I will send you the confirmation number.

There are a lot of seeds and I was trying to be reasonable but I think I still got carried away. What fun. I was disappointed that I had to look up some of the same ones that I looked up with the last Robin.

Susie this has been so much fun, thank you!!!
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #8982297

We have actually had a very mild winter. It snowed a little last week and some today. Our ski resorts in Idaho (I live 5 miles from Idaho border) just opened last week, latest opening on record. I'm afraid it is going to try and make up for it this Spring. I've been lurking on a daily basis, just forget to post very often. Very excited to see the box again!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #8982382

My older sister live out in Viola IDAHO Just talked to her sunday & She said they had like 5ft driffs Our snow is gone after the rain the other night .
WOW Donna you was Quick :)) ty for the up-date Heads up George you may have it by SATURDAY :))
well time to sign off for the night you all have a great evening .
susie
bigtrot
Upper Marlboro, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
6:21 PM

Post #8982389

Karen, (Bluespiral) thank you for my goodies. You sent several that I had on my want list for quite a while. Thank you for your generosity.

Susan (Gardenseeder63) some day I want to be as organized as you. The way you had your seeds labeled and stapled together was so easy to see and take a pack if you wanted. Good job and thanks for sharing.

We are having a little cold snap here and I feel safe to start winter sowing with my new stash of seeds.

Thanks to everyone for sharing.
Donna
bigtrot
Upper Marlboro, MD
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #8983101

Susie and George, the confirmation number is 0310 2010 0000 9915 0254
with a guaranteed delivery by Monday.
WHAT??????
Well, says the nice little lady, they don't count Friday and Saturday in their guaranteed delivery. I'm not sure why and she didn't know.
I asked if it would be any different if I took it to a main PO, 15 miles away and she said NO, don't waste your gas.

Why did I shoo my family away after supper so that I could devote time to the Robin if it is just going to sit in the PO for 3 days? Yes, I'm a little steamed.

George, the lady said that we could "hope" that the box is delivered Saturday :)

I gave it my best and honestly the Robin is full and bulging with wonders. I had a great time with it.

Donna

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
12:48 PM

Post #8983110

Ah...it is getting close to me. I think I am more excited about getting in on the tail end of West to East than I was the first time...maybe because I am beginning to sow. Fun stuff!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2012
1:14 PM

Post #8983144

I know you all are excited to get the Robin. If there is anyway i can get it to the PO before Saturday I will I promise. With my job I am not close to a PO and the PO is either not open when I go into or closed when I get off from work. I have the box packaged up and ready to go, so Saturday morning she will be on her way!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2012
1:58 PM

Post #8983196

DONNA THAT IS A OK NOT TO WORRY ,
TY Anita that is not a problem the robins are moving along pretty good faster then expected :)
time to get super going then i hope jim will be back so i can go out to the house I've been in here with daddy alday
well ya all have a great evening i'll be back later
susie
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2012
5:34 PM

Post #8983501

Thank you thank you Donna. I'm really excited to get that robin here. I haven't been online today, I have been steaming carpets all day and I'm bushed, but I knew I'd better check in to let you know I'm here. Saturday would be great, but Monday's ok too. It still feels like christmas don't it :).
I look forward to diving in and by then I hope the house is all back together. I'm starting to love wood floors more and more.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #8983588

Anxiously waiting!! These boxes are moving quickly!!
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2012
9:29 PM

Post #8983699

Considering my guess of a March finish date these Robins are
really flying around. On one swap a few years ago my guess was
way to early. Now I'm weeks over the finish line :(

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
10:28 PM

Post #8983715

To the two folks down the line from me in the West to East robin - George and Alana - I've sent you two a dmail & cmail respectively.

Donna - you're welcome - sometimes when so many things are going wrong, if just one small thing goes right, it can make a huge difference. Well, nevermind what's going wrong for me, but just know your thank you made my day.
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

January 27, 2012
5:22 AM

Post #8983827

thank you bigtrot for your kind words i really tried, blessings susan
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #8984627

Carolyn,
I forgot to thank you for the dish towels. My gosh they are so cute
and fit in really well with my winter-time accessories. I'll try to post
a picture when I find my camera.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

January 28, 2012
8:20 AM

Post #8985323

Cris

Your'e very welcome. I was glad you liked them. I neglected to thank my benefactor for the linen towel as well... Thank , Susan.

This robin(s) have been so much fun!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #8985339

HAPPY TO HEAR EV1 IS ENJOYING THE ROBINS ,I have been working on my Gift box for the winner of who comes closest to
when the robin lands back here @ my front door sure hope he brings spring weather with him :)

we got about 2 in 's of new snow last night & this morning windy is whirling it around like a sand storm but the sun is out & beauty full
on the new snow :).
its about time to get lunch on for daddy I have been going through a couple new seed books i got in the mail this week bad bad bad
i just hope i can keep my fingers from going on line to the web sites please tell me not to do that .

i found some new unusual type of seeds i would like to try ayone heard of these or have you planted them ?
not sure of spelling on these .
strawberry spinach
pineapple sangria
pride of madiera (ECHIUM)
nemesia Danish flag
verbena blue lagoon
hulk aster been wanting this one for log time our stores do not carry them.
well daddy is hungry so will check back later .
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #8985415

Wow Donna you did it! The robin has landed in NC!. I was really surprised, didn't expect it until Monday.
So I better get at it, I want to get to the PO Monday morning to get this thing airborne again.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #8985436

Oh George bet e know what your goig to be doing today :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #8985437

The Robin left my house this morning. She is enroute to Deb's house. I will dmail the confirmation #

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012

Post #8985448

ty anita I will up-date the top
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
11:37 AM

Post #8985515

Anxiously waiting!!

Deb
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #8985558

Haven't even heard of strawberry spinach but it sound really good.
Let me know how it turns out :)
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #8985724

Well, looks like I should be home for the robin. We have been traveling to Fl and back home since the 17th. We are in Mobile, AL, for the nite. Plan to be home next Wednesday. Then leaving again the following Tuesday to FL again...this time with my mom and sister. Will be gone about 2 weeks again.

Yes, these robins are going VERY fast!!! This is the fastest one I have ever been a part of. Way to go, everyone!
ME

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #8985817

Yep Your Next Deb should be there about Monday :) & Shirley You will Proble rec about WEDS Or Thursday :)
Putting tonight have a few seeds soaking for the night so that I Can plant them tomorrow .
Going to plant a few Vines tomorrow also DBL Blue Pea vine , Dutchman Pipe Vine , & Painted Lady Runner bean ,
anyone ever planted these ?? Is there a trick to them or are they easy to do ?? Should they be soaked ???

or should they set is a cold area for a few days ?? any info will be helpful .

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2012
8:10 PM

Post #8986120

George - will you send the West Robin to me next? Now that Karen has packed the box with seeds for me I have to default on my vow of poverty.

Susie - would that be okay?

-sigh-

Sorry to be such a wishy-washy - but like you all, I'm a sucker for seeds. ://

xox
A.
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2012
8:20 PM

Post #8986132

YeeHaa Amanda,
(I knew you would come around) Nothing like a box of seeds to tame the winter blahs.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2012
8:21 PM

Post #8986133

Yer makin' me smile and I am definitely trying hard to frown. >:(

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #8986327

well Let me see here !!!!!! hummmm :)))) did someone twist an arm ??? yes amanda if you will send your address to george or it mightbe o the list yet i do not know either way just make sure george has your address. i will add you back in has everyone been taken a caard out as the robin makes it stop @ your home . there should have been a card from me for each of you with a NUMBER on it .
if you did not take a card please let me know .

susie
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #8986453

Oops I did not take a card. Was it in both Robins?

Deb, I made the mistake of sealing the box before I out the addresses back end. The end that doesn't have the tape has the addresses tucked in.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
10:22 AM

Post #8986610

cards would have been in your 1st robin anita but that is ok I Will just put everyones names in a hat & Let daddy draw , he likes to do that for me . planting vines today will show & Tell when i see sprouts .
off to play ya all have a great day
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2012
11:32 AM

Post #8986688

Anita I have you address so I will get this bird in the air tomorrow.

I'm about finished up here just getting ready to pack up everything.

I have repacked seeds into smaller size ziplocks if needed and transferred any names/lists as approprriate.
I have really enjoyed the robin this year-thanks to everyone who put in all the nice variety of seeds. And a
special thanks to all those who cleaned your seeds. I am really looking forward to my garden this year.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
2:04 PM

Post #8986862

George " PLEASE NOTE " you will be sending the robin to AMANDAESQ---AMANDA-- if her address is in the robin check see if not we will get it to you by LATER this evening I Hope . DO NOT SEND TO ANITA /Diamond Please.
got go sit with daddy while jim goes bowling back later
susie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #8987009

Oh goodie - back to causing trouble. :D

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #8987109

george is amandas address in the robin yet ??? amanda will you dmail your address to george just in case it is not in there .
ty . or check the address exchange .
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2012
5:43 PM

Post #8987180

I have Amanda's address and will send it off to her in the morning. :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2012
5:56 PM

Post #8987194

Darn it! I was just getting excited s out getting the Robin again. LoL J/K

I just mailed off the Robin yesterday. LoL

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #8987204

ty anita maybe next fall ;)
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2012
6:07 PM

Post #8987215

Susie,
I soak any kind of bean if thats any help. I usually get nice germination.
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #8988282

The Robin West Round 2 west to east has taken flight again! (This is the first one listed at top of thread)
It is on its way to AMANDAESQ.

The confirmation Receipt #:
0311 2550 0003 8248 8462

Again, thanks to everyone and I hope we can do this again real soon Susie.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #8988358

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #8988404

I believe the box is at my post office. The mailman didn't leave it, just a slip of paper telling me I have a package that can be picked up after 7am tomorrow. Well, that means after work tomorrow for me!!

Deb

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2012

Post #8988499

might be an excuse to get off early deb :) hehe
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2012
7:31 PM

Post #8988789

getting closer!! :D

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 31, 2012
9:56 AM

Post #8989433

Just checking in!!!

Though Robin West shows confirmation and acceptance from George in Polkton, NC on 1/30, and expected delivery date of 1/31 (!!!) there is no further information regarding transit. Needless to say it has not arrived on 1/31.

Oh, the anticipation. Like Heinz from a bottle. :P

A.
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 31, 2012
10:06 AM

Post #8989447

Question for the person who put the Orchid Tree seeds in.
Can you tell me if this is one of the indoor ornamentals?
What can you tell me about its care & germination.
I'm trying to figure out how/where to plant it.
Thanks,
Cris
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

January 31, 2012
8:26 PM

Post #8990213

Well Amanda at least you will have it for the weekend, thats always cool yea!
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012

Post #8990428

I picked up the box from the post office yesterday afternoon. I can't believe how many packs of seeds are in there. It's going to take careful packing to get it to close up again!! I started going through the packs, but didn't get to finish. Anxious to get home today, so I can spread them all out and finish going through them!! All I can say is WOW!!

Deb
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
7:10 AM

Post #8990548

I am home and ready to receive whenever you send, Momcat. Hopefully, it will be here by/before Monday. :)))
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
8:07 AM

Post #8990622

I'm going to try to get it to the post office tonight, if not, tomorrow for sure. It just depends on what time I can get out of work today. If I can get it out today, you may get it on Sat.

Deb
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #8990699

Linda!

Happy Birthday!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #8990775

H-Birthday Linda Hope your haven a special day . deb sounds great just let me know when it is in flight i will post it for you if need be I Know your busy >
susie
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #8991175

The robin is on it's way to Mellen!! Have fun with it!! It took a couple of retries to get everything to fit in the box, and it is bulging a bit!!

Deb

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
4:27 PM

Post #8991196

TY Deb Heads Up Mellen Hope you had a great trip sure wish i could get away :) stop pick me up on your next trip :))))

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 1, 2012
7:34 PM

Post #8991464

Hi everybody!

The box came today but I just got home and haven't even opened it. All kinds of craziness today and a veterinary visit with my green iguana all the way to Raleigh tomorrow. I don't think I'll get to look at it till tomorrow night or Friday -drat. :/

The suspense is killing me, but I have to be in Raleigh at 9 a.m. with a very crabby iguana, so I'd better hit the sack.

Thank you George for sending it to me after all. I had resigned myself to live without it, but now you see my steely resolve . . .. HA.

Good night everybody - I will leave you with a picture of Lovely Rita taken on 12/28/2011.

xox
A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 1, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #8991534

Hope your guana is okay.
I know you opened the box and started through it - regardless of your schedule...didn't you ;)
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2012
1:30 AM

Post #8991656

Oh Amanda - I hope Rita isn't ill. Hoping her crabbiness is just PMS. (Do iguanas get PMS?)

Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 2, 2012
7:08 AM

Post #8991887

Belated B'day wishes Linda ! Hope you had an adventurous day.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2012
12:36 PM

Post #8992288

LoL @ Carolyn!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
3:14 PM

Post #8992464

Closer, closer...

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
4:08 PM

Post #8992527

A. is Rita really as large as she looks? I don't think I've ever actually seen one. I thought they were little guys you can hold in your hand.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #8992549

Sorry for being away aldayplaces to go errands to do Ya all know what I Mean :) Home Now going to Go get a shower ^ Lay back with a Movie Mellen You should maybe have the robin tomorrow if your lucky :)))))

Ok Got to show you all this you won't believe this but this is true these seeds were in one of my last robins think from Poisondartfrog maybe ?? anyway Monday Morning I opened the pack spilled them out into this spagrum most acidently & could not dig out the seeds my eye sight is not the best with seeds so I just stuck a tag in with them just in case well looky here they popped up yesterday & The other Bean seeds i put in there have not came up yet . so in 3 days this is what is there or really 2 1/2 days .WOW

will show others i have started

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
4:34 PM

Post #8992553

this is the pink or purple Hyacinth not sure of it

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #8992558

here are the coral vines , purple cotton , & of an a Dutch Iris I couldn't say NO to at the store the other day :) also trying a few cuttings will let you know if they make it :) well go to go sit back has been a long day

Thumbnail by deejay9

mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #8992585

Diamond, THANK YOU for the seeds you sent! Much appreciated.

Come on seed box...I am SO ready. I was really afraid I was going to have to back out due to being gone.

Nice looking seedlings, Susie. I am waiting til I get home from my next trip to start seeds and wintersow.
ME
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
12:18 PM

Post #8993438

IT's HERE!!! The robin landed 1/2 hour ago. I am now diving in...It will be ready to go back out on Monday. Promise!
ME
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #8993475

WOW!! That was quick!! Glad you got it with enough time to go through before your trip!!

Deb
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
1:06 PM

Post #8993490

Since some of you were wanting new names of Seed Companies, I am sharing this link from the Mother Earth News that lists favorite seed companies by state.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/2007-11-01/Best-Garden-Seed-Companies.aspx

I hope this is helpful :)
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
2:56 PM

Post #8993625

Yes, it was fast. THANKS to you, Deb, it did make it here before I left on Monday. There is a LOT in that box. Having fun!!!
ME

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #8993680

evening ev1Jumping for joy tonight onle 2 more car payments :))) almost hate to pay it off affraid it might break down on me have to go indebt again. :( sorry gotta go back in the am

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 3, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #8993712

LoL Susie, awww no! That's not happening any more. From now on, when you pay off your car, it will run for another 5 years before it needs anything. That's the new rule!!!!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2012
3:43 PM

Post #8993722

Can I have that rule in writing please?
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 3, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #8993725

and then it comes to ME!! :):):):)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 3, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #8993729

LoL

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #8993787

Yes, Steph - you were right . Couldn't bear not to open it, but I hadn't been able to LOOK at it, really look, until today. :D

Rita got about 12 thumbs up from all the vet techs, veterinarians, vets in training, and vet students at NCSU. Yes she is as big as she looks - probably bigger. It's always a relief and welcome to hear the "oooohs" and "ahhhhs" over her size, strength, muscles, coloration. It makes me feel as though I am doing something very right which is great when I am such a freakish worry-wort when it comes to Rita. She is the first lizard I have ever had the pleasure to live with. Court had lizards before, but never one this big. They are tiny when you get them of course, and unless you are a "freakish worry-wort" about caring for them, they will never get this big.

24/7 monitoring light, temperatures, day-time basking temps and ambient night temps and humidity levels, etc. Jeez.

Anyway - no official word either way if she will lay eggs this year, but last year she laid 50+ eggs and it was her first time.

If I can get thru the robin tonight I'll try to get it in the mail in the morning. I'm always optimistic!!! I regret to say it's more likely to be Monday before I can get it in the mail. I hope I don't get black-listed for that. Love to all!!! ('specially Susie). :D

A.

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
4:36 PM

Post #8993788

This is a picture of Rita having her picture (radiograph) taken. She was so well-behaved I almost thought they switched her with someone else's iguana to take this picture. :D

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
4:38 PM

Post #8993792

p.s. Those are my hands in the photograph. I wear a size 6 on my ring finger if that gives you some relative comparison on her size.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #8993800

Amanda

So glad you posted about Rita. I was going to send you a dmail to ask how she was doing.

Thanks
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 3, 2012
5:45 PM

Post #8993881

This is 'Rex'. He lives in Cozumel and kept us company at the hotel.

Its not the closest Ive come to owning lizards, but closest to an iguana.

Thumbnail by minnesippi

Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #8993936

I'm really impressed by how high your seeds are Susie. By the time
May rolls around they must be huge !

Rita is very pretty as far as iguanas go, love her colors. I've never seen
one "in person".
Rex on the other hand definitely looks like a throw-back to dinosaurs - he
really is a magnificent creature and looks like he must be gigantic.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2012
7:43 PM

Post #8993980

A few years ago my mom and I were in Porta Viarta (sp). That is where they filmed the old movie "Night of the Iguanas." While we were on a tour of the city we could see tons of Iguanas in the trees. They were beyond huge. It was amazing. I love Iguanas and always stop to talk to the one at the library.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2012
8:10 PM

Post #8993999

I find I like most critters - iguanas included, however there are a few rodents I am not too fond of.

I do remember several years ago though, that one of my cats was after a mouse. The poor thing was a baby mouse. I went to bed that night, as per normal and woke up to my dining room being totally trashed. Apparently late that night, both my husband and my daughter decided that the baby mouse was too cute for it to become another victim of the cat, so they were both trying to 'save' the baby mouse from the cat. They were able to catch the mouse and release him outside before the cat got to him.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 3, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #8994016

Here is a full shot of him. He was beautiful

Thumbnail by minnesippi

ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2012
9:27 PM

Post #8994037

Steph I had no idea your Rita was that large. Its hard to tell the size of lizards by photos! She really is a beautiful animal, and looks like she could throw a mean attitude if she wanted.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #8994198

steph how long is she (rita) ? GM been planting my canna's Rhizomes , planted canna seeds Tuesday , for they take the longest to grow.
got daddy dressed & fed so now i can go out & play some more today , ya all take cake back later today.
susie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2012
5:24 AM

Post #8994208

That's a great pic Steph. :D

Oooops - I was trying to enter this before I fell asleep last night and now see all the posts in between.

Edited to say that RITA is my captive intact female iguana who weighs 7.5 lbs and is approximately 40" from snout to the tip of her tail.

The pictures Steph posted (minni) are of an iguana in the wild. :D

I like the story of the cat and baby mouse Carolyn - after my own heart.

The only creatures I tend to kill are by accident, or mosquitoes, fleas, or ticks. I don't care for parasites. If they have their own thing going then it's none of my business. If it happens outside then it's part of some "natural" order. Ants in the sink are particularly irritating, it's a good thing I have a double sink in the kitchen. :D

This message was edited Feb 4, 2012 8:32 AM
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2012
6:56 AM

Post #8994303

Amanda

I feel the same way - the thing that got me about the baby mouse is I was the one that had to pick up the dining room. I was up that morning before both my daughter and husband and had had no clue at that point what had happened.

I don't like parasites either - my first husband was a parasite, but somehow I don't think that was what you were referring to :-)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 4, 2012
6:59 AM

Post #8994307

LOL Carolyn..my first was too!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2012
9:02 AM

Post #8994394

Heh - no it wasn't, but I haven't had to kill any men either. ;)
ansonfan
Polkton, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #8994433

Sorry to call you by the wrong name Amanda, I shouldn't be communitcating that late in the day lol.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #8994783

evening everyone well it is about 80* here tonight For real All i have running is my dehumidifier all day it has ran & It is about full these plants are really making lots of humidity here is the house so had to buy a dehumidifier . the sun was out the whole day it was about 40*.
& I didn't have to run any heaters at all today .

Monday I Planted red star Morning glories , red Hyacinths beans, Painted lady Beans. Hear they are today :)
they are almost as tall as the DEEP Pan I Have them into :) In Just 6 days UNREAL. .

Today I Planted a few Daisy's & Dahlia Seeds ,
Tomorrow I Hope to Plant some Iris seeds.

well off to get daddy turned in for the night then it will be my turn so you all have a great evening .
Amanda Hope your finding some great veggies to plant for RITA :)))))

Thumbnail by deejay9

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 4, 2012
3:39 PM

Post #8994788

Im prepping for seed starting!! I have the itch!
I potted these in the fall but the squirrels started digging them so I put them in the garage. Got too antsy and brought them in the house this week...and I have a FLOWER!! :):):):)

Thumbnail by minnesippi

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2012
3:46 PM

Post #8994797

nice! Today, I noticed our horseradish, daffodils, helleborus, parsley and garlics are growing! I'm still recording the Robin seeds on our computer. I need to get our plant room cleaned out and ready for seed pots by March. I'm looking forward to it =)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2012
3:49 PM

Post #8994802

Oh HYACINTHS Right MMMM The smell , I Have looked in every store & No One has any BULBS AT ALL No Where ,
I Wanted to Plant a few Paperwhites, Dafodils & crocus, & Hyacinths for the Winter months to force them Guess I Better stock up next year :) or if anyone has any in your stores let me know I Would be happy to send money & Postage for a few of each:)
was hoppingt easter Blooms :)

well off to take care of daddy back in the morning if i don't get back on tonight :)
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 4, 2012
4:26 PM

Post #8994824

havent seen much but amaryllis now but will keep ,my eyes open.

The bloom is a muscari the rest are either tulips or dafs. I loaded this planter :)

This message was edited Feb 4, 2012 6:27 PM
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2012
10:52 AM

Post #8995566

The East to West robin will take flight tomorrow, Monday. It will be heading to Minnesota to Stephanie. Have fun! It is loaded with lots of goodies.

DC# 0310 2010 0000 9915 0445

Thanks to Susie and everyone for the wonderful seeds!
ME

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #8995606

TY ME Have a great trip to florida GEE's all my friends & family get to go away for the winter Will be glad whe i grow old enough to take trips but i think i would like to travel to the east coast like maine, Nj, del, NH, WV,VA,& The carolina;s have never been out that way yet .
7 never been to wash,ore, Id, MT,Co, Me,or Wi yet . thik i have been every where else .

well i have been very busy planting more seeds sandy just left jim & jan has Bowling banquet today so its just daddy & i but he;s napping in his chair so off i go to look up a few of these seeds .

enjoy the games tonight
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
5:42 PM

Post #8997243

Sue, "When you are old enough?????" When will that be?

The box DID go out today thanks to my hubby. Since Mom, sis, and I left yesterday/Sunday, he promised to take care of it.

Steph, have a GREAT time with the box.

BTW, I am in my mid-50's. OOOOOLlllllddddddd...:D

ME
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 6, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #8997373

GIMME GIMME!!!! I cant WAIT!!
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 6, 2012
8:17 PM

Post #8997442

I did a lot of traveling when I was younger, had kids in my 30's and now
an old fart who doesn't want to leave the house & garden cause we're still
$##@%^ renovating "this old house".

Went to Europe twice. Traveled up & down the eastern seaboard more times
than I want to count. Haven't yet been west of the Mississippi but not sure that
will even happen unless we go to Seattle to visit Nick's children & grandchildren.

My daughter had an excellent but exhausting time at Superbowl. Two days before
the players family found out their hotel had an infestation of bed bugs & were
relocated to the rooms allotted for employees who had won tickets to go. Sooo
Sunday she was up at 4am - got to the airport by 6. Partied all day, went to the
game, partied till 2am, at 4am she was on the plane heading back to Boston. Sent
her a text at 6:30 & she said they had just landed. Oh to be young again & have the
energy for an all nighter !
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 6, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #8997465

That exhausted me just hearing about it! Ugh.
Glad she had a good time.

Ive not "traveled" much but Ive lived in 7 states and did 6 of them in 7 years (non military!)
As far south as Mississippi (Memphis really), East to SC, west to NE and still firmly planted in MN. Visited Cozumel for 6 days - I think that will be my forever home...forever dreaming! LOL! LOVED it though. That has been my one and only foreign travel so far. There's still time.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012

Post #8997663

GM all ,, sorry i didn't get on last evening had to be with a friend in the hospital.was very tired when i got home .
ME Hope your haven a great time with mom & sister my moms been gone since 97 miss her allot.
STEPH: Lookes as if you will have the robin landing at door step on the 8th :) will there be someone there to greet him :)))???

well i have a few calls to make this morning ya all take care have a great day :)
susie
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 7, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #8997995

Hmmm how about a traveling house party?
We hand deliver the seed box next time ? LOL
I'm positive I've got a sleeping bag around here somewhere.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 7, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #8998300

Depending on what time he arrives, someone should be here...if not, he will leave it at my door. I have nothing planned for those next days so I can totally focus on the box!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
4:56 AM

Post #8998799

Good to hear Steph . sounds as it might be pretty heavy .

AMANDA: Just checking to see if you got the robin back in flight yesterday or not ??? so we can give MRSSPEEDS a heads up :))
can you let us know please.

well off to the hospital this morning to take a few things up to my friend who is there for a few more days .
& i hope to plant a few more seeds :) so you all have a great day will be hack later.
susie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 8, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #8998848

Hello:

Sent you separate mail but sharing here too - told Susie I had a job interview yesterday which kept me out of the box and freaking out.

I'll get thru the box today and back in the air. Thanks for your patience and keep your fingers crossed as yours truly waits for a job offer from the HR director of the firm (yes going back to law because of my hurt hand).

A.

p.s. Please note that you may now upload up to 5 images...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012

Post #8998861

ty amanda so it goes out later today Shirley you will be next on the list :) sunny today got to go get my day going :)
hope you get the job amanda.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 8, 2012
5:52 AM

Post #8998866

Oh Amanda - good luck with your interview!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 8, 2012
2:25 PM

Post #8999502

Thanks all - good news!!! - No silly, no word yet about the job - the West to East Robin is back in the air on its way to Mrs. Speed!!!

Look out for it Shirley, I'll send Susie the DC#.

Thanks for your collecting patience. There's always something to throw a girl off track. ;)

A.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 8, 2012
2:30 PM

Post #8999503

FYI - in my impoverished state my friendly neighborhood post man told me that it would cost only about $8 to send the package at its current weight whereas it costs 11+ in the medium flat rate box. I could have saved those 3 dollars for diet cokes and snickers bars, but I figured someone would have my hide if I didn't recycle the medium flat rate box.

Just sayin'.

A.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 8, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #8999590

I got it!! :) The dogs are curious. I havent opened it yet - I literally just walked in the door from work. Now I have a cat wanting my lap...but she will have to wait.

Here we go!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 8, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #8999679

Funny!

The cats really enjoyed the scents coming out of the West-East Robin. :D

xox

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
6:39 PM

Post #8999777

HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH THE ROBIN STEPH :)

Robin WEST TO EAST Is on the way to MRSSPEEDS
Robin EAST TO WEST Has landed at AMANDAS
GN All
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #8999780

Good luck Amanda
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 8, 2012
7:07 PM

Post #8999812

And I know why! Found the catnip seed! They like the merigold smell too. They were both nesting the the seed bag pile!

Well, Im done!! Really! Its going back in the mail tomorrow! What a GREAT selection there was!

Confirmation number to follow...thanks again!

Conf# 420979139101969000940638620236 - off to Tessa in the morning!

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 9:22 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9000103

ty for posting my goodness both robins are so close to home 2 more stops for both wonder who's guess will win & i guess i better get
on the ball & find my gift to get sent out ;)))) for the winner :)

HEADS UP TESSA /ORDAIRYGIRL ROBIN SHOULD BE FLYING INTO YOUR YARD SOON.

have a great day everyone back later
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

February 9, 2012
5:42 AM

Post #9000108

my cat gracie also wanted to jump in the seed box and rubbed all over the box lol well off to enjoy my b-day susan

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012

Post #9000112

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARDENSEEDER HOPE YOU HAVE A SPECIAL DAY PLANNED :)
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 9, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9000147

The robin is flying fast...looking forward to having the box again. Usually my yard would be snow covered now, but we have had unusually warm weather. Just makes the Spring fever even worse. I've got winter sown jugs outside and lights in the basement, so being able to start gardening early this year is making it a little better. Now if only my job would require less time I could spend more time on growing flowers =)

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2012
8:36 AM

Post #9000315

YES Gardenseeder - Have a great day! I wanted to thank you especially on the West-East robin that just left my house. I loved how you had your individual seed trades packaged. Such loving care. I think I need a little more patience for that. ;)

Enjoy your day!

A.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 9, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9000404

Who has the Robin next?
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 9, 2012
10:30 AM

Post #9000424

happy birthday Gardenseeder!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9000634

anita here is where they are

Robin WEST TO EAST was at AMANDAS & going to MRSSPEEDS
Robin EAST TO WEST Has landed at is about to leave steph going to ORDAIRYGIRL
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 9, 2012
3:51 PM

Post #9000866

I know I need to go buy more baggies!! Thought I had more than enough, then I signed up for this robin and now I only have a few left...just have to remember where I got them...WalMart I think.. :) Its all good :)
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #9000908

Walmart, Michael's and Hobby Lobby all sell the baggies.
The price is pretty much the same - a penny difference I think.

Gardenseeder have a wonderful day !

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #9000929

WANTED TO LET YOU ALL IN ON MY NEW FORUM IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT MAYBE GO CHECK IT OUT .
ITS A GREAT WAY TO ADD TO YOUR GARDENS .

INTEREST THREAD PERENNIAL PLANT SWAP 'APRIL TILL SEPT "

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1241178/
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 10, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9001891

Steph, did you find the envy I put in the box for you? You hadn't
mentioned it so I thought I'd ask.

I've heard there's great shopping in Cozumel.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 10, 2012
3:07 PM

Post #9002145

I did - thank you much!! :))

We did more sight seeing than shopping - although we did some. Found our favorite tequila, thats for sure :)
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

February 11, 2012
9:58 AM

Post #9002909

thank you all for you birthday wishes i have a great one my wonderful husband took me out to brseakfast and then shopping i got a new pair of shoes and sneakers 2 pairs of jeans,and ordered me like 10 gardenbooks from goodwill.com[under 20 bucks with shipping] and a wonderful day out with my husband and he came home with a boquet of pink flowers! im a very lucky woman. a pocket book from my daughter and she took me to see the movie the vow it was wonderful she even snuck us in a bag lunch! it was great time i really got spoiled this year.and most important thank you dear lord jesus for another year. susan

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
10:12 AM

Post #9002922

Good to hear you had a great day ;) don't ya love surprises /???
This morning after i got daddy up for the day I Went out to my little get-away & planted seeds along with transplanted seedlings :)
so much fun & very peaceful .

here is what I Planted today . DON'T ASK ME TO PRONOUNCE THEM --- HEHE I'M The type that if i like the looks of a plant i order the seeds even if i can not say the word .DUMB HUN ??? will let you know if i have luck with them or not .

ORNITHOGALUM MAGNUM
DELPHINIUM CLIVEDON BEAUTY
COSMIDIUM PHILIPPINE
BLACK CUMIN
PURPLE PITCHER PLANT

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 11, 2012
10:16 AM

Post #9002925

Good morning everyone! We have had lovely spring weather here in SoCal... my hyacinths, daffodils and freesias are all up and blooming...tomatoes sprouting everywhere from my compost... California poppies are up and budding and all my wild birds are singing, courting and making nests!! We've been in the 80's for weeks now... so all the plants think it's spring...

I am so excited to see the robin is getting close to me!!! Can hardly wait... I agree with Ordairygirl... if only that 'pesky' work didn't derail us all from the garden!! -:)

Amanda... best of luck on the job interview... I know you'll make a great impression!!

Thanks Susie for putting this swap together... it's been so much fun! I'm on my way to your 'plant swap' link! Have a wonderful day everyone!

Nancy

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 11, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #9002931

Susie... I have two Clivedon Beauty delphiniums growing and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them... they are so lovely. The flowers are the softest sky blue and very cottage gardeny... mine will bloom now as this is our cooler season and then die back when summer arrives... but meanwhile I am thoroughly enjoying them... one is in bloom and the other is just budding out as I planted it about 2 weeks later than the other. You're going to love them!

I just googled the 'black cumin'... I'd love to grow some... where did you find the seeds? Nancy
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
11:06 AM

Post #9002966

This sounds like fun. How do I participate?

Update: I have read the previous threads and I am READY to participate. I need to go get some baggies, but I have plenty of great seeds ready to go. Now, I just need to get onto the list!

This message was edited Feb 11, 2012 1:57 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
12:17 PM

Post #9003033

cool nancy you will be sending the robin back to me so maybe you can share some of your sunshine with me
well just the heat it is about 20* here & 5-6 in of new snow BURRRRRRR.

Albeachrealtor you have mail : save me a nice warm spot on the beach maybe i can bring the Robin to you ;)))
will get with you soon .

TESSA: Has the robin landed there yet . ??? I should go check conf# but daddy needs me for a bit back later.

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 11, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9003049

Susie... I'll do my best! -:)

You mentioned that you were looking for hyacinths... here are some of mine... purchased from Van Engelen Bulbs... maybe next year you can grab some...

These freesias smell wonderful!! Purchased at the local nursery...

Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932   Thumbnail by NF2932   Thumbnail by NF2932
Click an image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #9003072

oh so jealous keep sharing pic's sure can use some cheery blooms :) the hyacinths i have are the hyachin bean vines well it is starting to snow once again looks as we might get another 2-3 in on the 6 we got last night.
do you grow canna's or brugmasias out there ?

keep pics coming

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 11, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #9003150

Susie... no cannas ... although I may be planting some soon... the brugs are grown all over the place... my neighbor (since moved) had 5 huge brugs in her front yard... it was so pretty.

Right now I'm working on my pollinator garden to bring in the monarchs... I have Caryopteris incana "Bluebeard", Dianthus 'Inchmery' and 'Floro pleno roseus', Incarvillea 'himalyan gloxinia', Asclepias curassavica, Cerinthe major purpurascens 'Blue Honeywart' (this one is blooming now and it's gorgeous - the hummers love it!) 5 different salvias, and two pentstemons...(one red and one purple) ... I'm hoping to buy an Iochroma 'Royal queen' to add to it. Have you ever grown one?

The Cerinthe has what the nursery called 'mottled' leaves and initially I thought it had a problem... but apparently this is how they look... it's healthy as can be and blooming like crazy - the hummers adore it!

Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2012
2:26 PM

Post #9003162

Nancy

So gorgeous. I am so envious! It is snowing now... :(

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 11, 2012
2:38 PM

Post #9003175

Soon Carolyn...glad to share... Spring will be there before you know it... wish you guys could pack up some of that snow to send us when it's 104 and we're fighting to keep everything alive... it's amazing isn't it?... when you consider all the different climates at any given time - just here in the United States... what diversity we have... so many plants that grow in so many different climates... I miss peonies... I grew up on the east coast and can't grow them here because it doesn't get cold enough... I have to wait for pictures from my sister-in-law every year to enjoy them!!
And lilacs... BOY do I miss lilacs!! I've been experimenting with some under a shade cloth this year... hope they do well... I just love them.

Are the crocuses popping up yet or is it still too cold? I remember them from when I lived on the east coast and they reminded us that spring was on the way!! -:) Nancy

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2012
3:11 PM

Post #9003230

Nancy

Last Summer we were 106 for several days. Normally the heat and humidity don't bother me, but 106 was even warm for me. I remember thinking to myself that I was so glad I had put down nice thick layers of mulch.

I do have lilacs. Interestingly enough, I lived in Rochester NY for a number of years. I never went to the Lilac Festival they have in Highland Park (I was young and more interested in men!) and now, I would love to go.

Will peonies grow in your zone?

Thumbnail by Carolyn22

ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9003249

No box today- confirmation # says I have to wait till Monday.
Nancy- I have Caryopteris Bluebeard and my kids call it the bee plant- mine had every flower covered with bees all fall. I had actually forgot about it this last spring and it had got buried under some aggressive Golden Marguerite, when that finished flowering it made a nice size shrub.
Saw that they have the primroses out today in town...my crocus have leaves but no flowers yet. Getting closer to Spring! Any time I get too much zone envy I try to appreciate the things that grow well here. My lilac in the back yard is 15' tall =)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
3:35 PM

Post #9003257

OH My nancy is that called shrimp plant ??? i love the shrimp plants i have a red & yellow that are doormant right now & Hope they come back . please save me some blue ;)) blue is my favorite color of my flowerbeds :))))

nice plants. well time to go out to my place & relax with my plants back tomorrow .
susie
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2012
4:12 PM

Post #9003297

Amanda - I got it...I got it. Looked through seeds most of the day...What do I do What do I do...not much house work done. Oh well the Robin will be on its way on Monday. Amanda how did the job interview go?

Bluespiral - thank you so much for the coleus seeds, campanula seeds & hyssopus officinalis seeds.

All the seeds from the round robins are going to be so welcomed when I get my greenhouse up and going.

Mechelle - Be on the look out.

Shirley
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9003300

OrdairyGirl.

Just purchased some of the Bluebeard & glad to hear they
bloom well but I know now that I'll have to put it to the north side
of the garden due to the bees ! Thanks for the info, we have a
pool for the kids (big kids that is) on the SE corner of the garden.

Yes I did say I purchased seeds & just after the swap ! I'm a
seed addict - HELP

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 11, 2012
4:24 PM

Post #9003311

Susie... I've heard of a shrimp plant, but I'm not sure if that's the same thing... anyone else know?

Carolyn... that photo is gorgeous... I grew up on Long Island in N.Y and spent almost every summer upstate, so I hear you about the lilacs... I just took them for granted... as you say ... interested in other things... I didn't appreciate all the lovely apple, cherry and redbud trees either, but now I do! Peonies will grow if coddled... but not as nicely as they where they get the 'cold snap'... I've been trying and so far have gotten a couple of plants into their 2nd years... but no flowers and lost both to the extreme heat... it's really a matter of finding a spot that doesn't get terribly hot and dry and that's most of my property. I grew the last one under a loquat tree and it did fantastic until a possum decided to jump out of the tree and crush it... it was never the same for some reason... I'm trying again this year... growing one in a pot under a shade cloth and I toss ice cubes on it once a week to keep it cool... we'll see.

Ordairygirl... you have the right perspective... each zone has it's aaaahhhhhsss... I love Oregon and did a lot of oooohhhing and ahhhhing when I visited Swan Island Dahlias and Heirloom Roses. I did some more ooohhhing and aaahhhing when I visited the lavender farms in Washington state. When I lived in Florida... I really enjoyed all the tropical plants... the hibiscus and spanish moss and lovely magnolia trees...and northern California has such gorgeous trees! I miss the forsythia, maple trees and pussywillows from the east coast... and then there's Hawaii... the plumeria and the sudden rainfalls... it's all a blessing... we're fortunate no matter where we live!

All the birds in my backyard are 'courting' today... wish I could send the birdsong to everyone... it's so sweet!
Have a great evening all... Nancy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9003337

Nancy Post #9003150 PIC Sure looked like a shrimp plant what is it ??? Besides LOVELY :)
what zone are you in ? if you want forsythia, I Have Plenty to share just say the word come spring :)

ALANA : Going to send you a note here soon & Then off to lay back for the night back in the morning .
GN ALL

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #9003405

Shirley, I will be watching for the Robin about mid-week.
I am looking forward to it.
Alana
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #9003504

Oh Yes Alana the robin is coming to you. I was looking at the paper and it said Mechelle but I see on the first post you are the next one in line.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2012
6:28 AM

Post #9003799

Mechelle is no longer a member of DG & no way to reach her i have tried. but i have told Albeachrealtor / Emily that we can share with her also since the robin is about over we will have alana send the robin to emily & then she will send it home to me .

ONCE it is home I will put all your Names in a bowl or hat & Have daddy draw a name that person will be sent a Thank you gift.
ALSO The one who has Guessed the closes FLIGHT LANDING OF THE ROBIN Will also win a gift :

well off to get sunday dinner in the oven ya all have a great day .
susie
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 12, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9003805

I am looking forward to participating. I do have one question about the towel. Is this supposed to be hand made, specific to our area, vintage? What are the guidelines? Hand towel, tea towel, bath towel, golf towel? Thanks in advance for including me! I am off to buy baggies today!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 12, 2012
6:42 AM

Post #9003810

Emily

Welcome! It is a hand towel- I received a tea towel and just love mine. I picked up a double pack of holiday hand towels that the person after me would recieve. You don't have to spend a lot of money and they don't have to be holiday specific -

Carolyn
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 12, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #9003812

Emily - I just checked. You are brand new! Welcome to Davesgarden. You won't be disappointed!
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 12, 2012
6:44 AM

Post #9003814

Thank You Carolyn! I figured it was probably a hand towel. I will have to see if I can find something for Mardi Gras! Fat Tuesday is in about a week and a half and it is a big deal down here!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
11:59 AM

Post #9004144

O my goodness Cris - I LOVE the Caryopteris Bluebeard. I have never seen it before, and now I am agog. Looks like I will be hounding you later this season . . ..

Thanks for asking about the interview - it went FABULOUSLY well, but the truth is, I am no so desperate for a job that I would take the position working for pennies under a baby lawyer and pretending to let him boss me around when in fact I would be training him.

-shrug-

I had a chat with the HR director on Thursday. Afterwards I felt like I may have come across as arrogant and obnoxious, but I have come to terms with it - there is nothing wrong with being proud of my experience and achievements. My brother who owns his own business also added something today that I hadn't thought of - the owner of the firm was so impressed with me he may really want to hire me; on the other hand the baby lawyer (who couldn't look at me during the entire interview) is probably afraid I am going to steal his job.

If you'd have told me a month ago I'd be debating salary requirements with the HR director in a law firm I'd have told you you were crazy. It seemed like it might be a good opportunity. It may be, still, but I'm not going to denigrate myself as a "legal assistant" unless they pay me what I suggested would be a fair salary range. I have a strong feeling they won't - and that what I suggested was reasonable is probably more than they're paying their baby lawyer. ;)

Will keep you posted naturally.
A.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 12, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #9004166

A~ dont accept less than you deserve. :)
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 12, 2012
8:51 PM

Post #9004707

Diamond,
Did you find Lantana in the box? As I mentioned I
do have some I can send to you.
LMK

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9004883

GM to all well looks as Robin East to west is about to land today at TESSA doorstep &
ROBIN West to east is about to take off from MRSSPEED'S Doorstep on the way to alana;s

going to spend the day baking valentine Cookies for my neighbor while daddy sleeps i his chair ;) so you all have a great day i will peek back later while cookies are baking :)
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2012

Post #9005559

The big fat robin has arrived. I've done the first run through and am amazed at the variety and content. Thanks everyone for all of your generosity. I told my husband that he is going to have to plow up the 5 acre pasture so I can have more room for flowers! Now I'm in research mode to make sure the seeds I pick have a chance of growing in my yard. Thanks for the envelope Cris. Hoping to get her back in the air tomorrow...but I think I have to go help the 2nd grader make 25 Valentine's now, so it may be Wednesday =)

Tessa
mrsspeedsgarden
Franklin, NC
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #9005602

As promised the robin is headed to Alana's...Heading out the door to see my Grandsons basketball game so will send you the confirmation # when I get home Susie.

Shirley
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
6:54 PM

Post #9005750

I am so excited to be included in this Robin! BTW how did it get to be called a robin? My husband is excited that I am "getting rid of" my extra seeds, although he lacks the same enthusiasm as I do for the new ones I am going to be getting. Go figure! H2O day 5 tomorrow on my strawbales. We had a little cold snap, so I am glad I hadn't planted yet. Going to dig the 4x4 posts for my trellis tomorrow and hopefully my plants can start hardening off outside this weekend!

Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2012
8:30 PM

Post #9005852

Amanda, I planted some of the Bluebeard today & if I
remember I'll get some out to you by the end of the week.

Hope everyone has a very nice Valentine's day. My DH
brought me home a pink azalea plant - He had no idea
what it was but said he figured I would LOL
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2012
9:06 PM

Post #9005877

Cris, sounds like your hubby is a keeper!

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012 2:52 PM
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2012
1:30 AM

Post #9005956

Yes Cris, It does sound like your hubby is a keeper!

Happy Valentines Day, everyone.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2012

Post #9006087

I love you all - thank you for keeping me out of trouble this past year. :)

xox
A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
7:38 AM

Post #9006248

GM All sorry for being so late to get on here but other duties got in the way :) thank you all for keeping us straight :)
EM : Alana will be next on the list & Then it will land in your front yard so I Hope you have a bigger the 4x4 garden :)))

AZALEA ???? Oh Sure wish I had a sweetheart who would get me one :) Love them well i have to get back into the house
with daddy so ya all have a great day .
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

Susie
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
8:28 AM

Post #9006311

Can you propagate Azaleas from cuttings? If so I have a pink and purple I can try to get going before the robin gets to me. Let me know.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9006478

EMILY HERE IS WHAT I FOUND
http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/rhodocuttings.html

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GOING OUT WITH A FRIEND BACK LATER THIS EVENING
SUSIE
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2012
12:08 PM

Post #9006557

Cris, I did get some lantana and I started them inside but they are not sprouting ;-(. I would be happy to trade with you if you have some lantana seeds. Let me know what you are interested in and I will check my stash.

Amanda what typ of law do you practice? Sounds like a vey interesting profession!

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2012
12:09 PM

Post #9006560

Susie, the shrimp plant that I am in love with is the Cerinthe Major. Here's a picture of the Blue Shrimp plant. I think it also comes in yellow.

Thumbnail by diamond9192002

Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9006772

deejay9 wrote:EMILY HERE IS WHAT I FOUND
http://www.tjhsst.edu/~dhyatt/rhodocuttings.html

Do you want me to try to cut and start some for you? I won't have it in pots or anything, but I can apply rooting hormone and keep them moist. I can wrap in damp paper towel and baggie and include in the Robin if you want. Let me know. I am happy to try for you!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #9007001

That would be great EM I'm willing to try anything once ☺ but it is very cold up this way so I wouldn't wrap them in wet towel
maybe just slightly moist but with lots of news paper Btw the seeds they would be ok :)

someone shared shimp plant seeds with me & I Planted them but nothing has sprouted yet so not sure if they will or not . I Bought the red one & Yellow one from over on the other web from Sam they done well right up till in DEC when my power was out for 6-8 hrs & I Had no heat in here they froze so i hope to get more to try I Just loved them . so if you find a sale please let me know .

also has anyone tried Ornamental Oragano ? is it easy to grow from seed or should i look for the plant ?
also seeds for a YELLOW DATURA ???

well its been quite a day time for me to lay back gotta get up early .
GN All
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2012
6:14 PM

Post #9007005

East to West robin will not head out until tomorrow to Nancy. Got side tracked by Valentine's Day preparations (keeping a 7 year old boy on task in the writing of 25 of his classmates names on Valentines is a challenge!). Then pesky work today. Finally, a printer that is out of ink to make those few extra labels I need for stuff I want to add...could hand write them but that would take time too. So, tomorrow for sure. Wanted to see what was in there before deciding what to add.
Just found the site for selectseeds.com and that distracted me too =) Tomorrow I'm shopping for better seed storage to organize my addiction.
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9007009

Susie- I've got a trade pack of seeds that says yellow or white datura...do you want me to include some in the robin before I return tomorrow. I know it is a pain to grow something out and having it not be what you want though. Let me know.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #9007015

sure be happy to try for i don't have any white but i do have the Triple or dbl purple :)))
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 14, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9007135

Anita,
According to my spreadsheet data germination for Lantana can take up
to 180 days altho according to my records I planted it Feb 25th & it was
blooming by summer. I have 3 varieties of Lantana. Popcorn, lance leaf &
syrica (sp?) I believe what is pictured is the lance leaf.

Thumbnail by Cris316

diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
12:23 AM

Post #9007237

Crisp I would love to try the syrica
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9007515

pink and purple azalea clipped and soaking right now. We will see if some roots set!

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 15, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9007516

Ordairygirl... how exciting! So maybe I will have it for the weekend which would work well for me... I'm so busy during the week. Looking forward to it's arrival!! Nancy
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
9:57 AM

Post #9007675

Albeach, do you have any of the philodendrum selleom? Or dbl Oleander? There's so many tropicals hoo can grow down there that is hard to get here.
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012

Post #9007716

we just bought this house in july and to be honest, other than some (a ton) of palms, I am not sure what else is in our yard. This will be the spring to find out. I will keep everyone posted and probably have to send pictures for identification help!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #9007764

you can send away we will try our best to help identify :) I Also Love RHODADENDRON & Many of them grow well up in this area but again the cost is out of my reach at times . I went out to Wal, mart this morning & They had their VALENTINES Plants all Marked down so I got a MINI Red Rose for $2. Still Blooming & Also a Calla Lilly $2.00 still Blooming :) so cool . Now I Have BLOOMS IN The House :)
well brother & I have a Contest going on for who can loose 10 Lbs in 3 weeks time I Home to loose it much sooner so I'm off for my Mile walk down to the cornor & Back :) ya all wish me Luck Please :)
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
12:01 PM

Post #9007797

Good luck Ms Susie! I am on a diet as well. So far I am down 30 lbs with 1,030 more to go. LoL UGH!!! I am not eating any whites (no flour, sugars or carbs) and no fats. Just lean meats that I bake in parchment paper (since I cannot use any oils) and veggies with only fruits for breakfast. I am only drinking water, tea (green and black) and coffee black. I have cheated a few times but for the most part, it's not too bad. I love carbs, mac n cheese, dinner rolls, pies and cakes!

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2012

Post #9008002

I wish you could lose ten for me too, Susie! Good luck with your contest.
I just got here and the box of seeds was waiting for me. I won't have time to look inside until later this evening, but I will be back with a report as soon as I have time.
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
3:01 PM

Post #9008023

ty ladies I hope to loose at lease 20lb total by spring for i'm 30lbs over weight before i moved here in 93 to take care of my mon & dad i had never weighted over 120 lb would love to get back there .
well time to go get the kitchen cleaned back later .
susie

have fun alana

ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9008117

The robin is back in flight. It has a spiffy new flat rate box...since the mail lady (who I know well, use to teach her son) suggested that the other one was passed its prime and she feared for its safety. Sorry for the disorganized piles of seed in the box Nancy, transferring in the middle of the post office is not ideal. I'll get the confirmation sent out by d-mail tonight, have to run back out to the car to grab that. Hopefully you will have it by Saturday. I purchased an organizer in the tool section today at the store...I've grown out of my shoe boxes and would be very pleased to have them all organized with little labels on the drawers. Now I must go grade papers, my online students are going to think I fell off the face of the Earth and probably wouldn't understand if I told them I've been caught up in playing with seeds =)

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2012
11:08 AM

Post #9008862

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. There are some medical issues going on with a couple of family members and I got side tracked.
The best part of the box was the "North Carolina Britches" Shirley sent me. I had no idea how cute they were! Thank you Shirley, for taking the time to do that.
I am going to put in a few things this evening and arrange for the mailman to pick up the box tomorrow to start the journey to Emily's.
Susie, I will send you the DC later.
Alana

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2012
2:55 PM

Post #9009130

Aren't those Britches Just the cutest I Just love them :) I have been Playing today while Jim took daddy to his doctors apt .
still have some to do on them then I Will share what they are :) Alana Sure hope all is well . well off to check more forums then off to play with my crafts :)))
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 16, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #9009298

I am so excited! I can't wait for my first robin! Bring it on!
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 16, 2012
8:24 PM

Post #9009462

Anita,
D-mail me your address & I'll send some out to you.

Still no answer to my question about the orchid seeds?
I'll google & see what general procedures to do for growing.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2012
4:08 AM

Post #9009571

I'm sorry cris I guess i missed your question I don't know anything about orchids so hope you find an answer online .
we its about time to go wake daddy for the day so you all have a great day I will check back in later today .
susie
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9010030

Cris316 wrote:Anita,
D-mail me your address & I'll send some out to you.

Still no answer to my question about the orchid seeds?
I'll google & see what general procedures to do for growing.

If there are orchids that grow from seeds, sign me up! I want as many orchids as possible! I love them!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 17, 2012
12:53 PM

Post #9010100

Cris, was asking who included the Orchid seeds in the Robin and what kind of seeds they were.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2012
2:46 PM

Post #9010269

Evening all
well have been playing with or in my cement making many type of things :) here is two of my
??? not so sure yet , they have been fun to do & In BTW them I Have been planting some seeds
Just fixing me some hot water then its off to watch some news ya all have a great evening .

Thumbnail by deejay9

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 17, 2012
4:49 PM

Post #9010433

Those are beautiful. Did you paint them? Awesome

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 18, 2012
11:34 AM

Post #9011159

Good morning Susie,

The robin landed in Winnetka yesterday... last stop before coming home from the west coast! I got home a little after 10pm so I have just now sat down and opened it up. Since Monday is a holiday I will try to get it back in the air on the way home to you on Tuesday at lunchtime or after work. I will send the tracking # to you once it's sent. Looking forward to a a nice sit down with the seeds today!

Have a good day all.

Nancy
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 18, 2012
5:31 PM

Post #9011463

Susie,

Those plates are gorgeous - I'm so very impressed.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2012
4:46 AM

Post #9011745

just cutouts from my dream books & Deco podged on them :)once dry spray with clear shine its been fun going to do a few rocks today i hope .
gotta get daddy ready for church back later
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 21, 2012
4:25 PM

Post #9015106

The Robin has landed...but I didn't get it til late tonight. Plus it is mardi gras, and quite frankly, other than being excited about the fact that it is here, I don't know that I could successfully (that is a lot of double letters in successfully) go through the seeds and actually make sense of any of it. Susie (deejay) you are loved. There are a lot of envelopes addressed just to you! I should have it on the way Thursday or Friday...now...where does it go next? To you Susie? Let me know for sure!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #9015169

Yes Emily It Comes Home to me so I Can Get My Planting Done :)))) ☺☺☺ Oh I ♥♥♥♥ to be ♥♥♥♥♥
Have Fun @ Mardi Gra . gotta go get some rest . back tomorrow
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 21, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9015273

I am loving going through this Robin! So much fun. I have a lot of work to do in the morning to find out exactly what I am going to keep. I do have a few questions:
How do you get seeds from a Hibiscus?
What is the deal with the Uber toxic beans?
Are the sweet potato pumpkin pie pumpkins as good as they sound?

Since I am starting from scratch, how do you all keep track of all of these seeds? Daunting for me!

NF2932

NF2932
Winnetka, CA

February 21, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #9015292

Susie - the 'second time around east to west' robin is headed your way.

The DC# is 03102010000099150421 - I sent it after work - close to 4:30ish my time.
Seems like the flight home guess is going to be close - PFG 2/24/12 & Carolyn 3/2/12... good luck!

This robin has been a lot of fun... I really enjoyed it... thanks Susie for getting the ball rolling and thanks everyone else for all the lovely seeds!! Happy Spring gardening my friends!! Nancy

Thumbnail by NF2932

Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2012
8:23 PM

Post #9015370

I've been watching... Winning would be quite a birthday gift! I guess now its up to the USPO to see who gets it. Either way I loved being in this robin, so many thanks to Susie and everyone who contributed. I'm starting things now and gloating over all the special goodies I would never have gotten any other way.

I wish I could join the plant swap, but it seems very hard to coordinate since we're not there all the time. Also I have an odd mix of huge established plants and lots of babies I've recently bought, started, and divided -and divided again -as I renovate this very old garden. Maybe next year, when some of them have filled in more...

Happy planting!

Pam

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9015546

GM Gee hard to believe they are about home . i Hope everyone found lots to try .
Thank you nancy , & Yes it looks as PFG is going to be our winner when the 1st robin lands back Home :)

So guess i better find her gift but for now i have to go get daddy ready for the day ;)
back later
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9015656

I am learning so much! I had no idea that those "pods" that we were snapping off of our hibiscus flowers were seed pods. Amazing!

Some of the seeds (like the calla lily regal from mrs speeds garden) say that they don't produce seeds. If that is so, what am I looking at?

I can't find any info on the purple liantris from diamond gig

There was a bag of Loquats, with no other information. Anyone have a clue?

Another bag just labeled Tree Okra from Spring Trade. Ideas?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #9015670

im just type the name into google that is the best sight to give you the best info on all types of seeds .
then you know if it will grow in your area .

I just planted all my calla seeds yesterday so i will let ya all know how they do . I also planted some daylily seeds this last week & already have sprouts.

well i have to finish the wash , & whenn jim gets home i need to go to town so ya all have a great day .
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 22, 2012
7:21 AM

Post #9015683

Al,
Here's some info on the liatris
Gayfeather Liatris squarrosa Height 24-30 spacing 15-20 Full sun, blooms in summer,
Drought Resistant once established, Wildflower (self seeds), Perennial, 25 days to germinate.

Took pods off my calla's last year and potted them once dry. Have yet to see any
signs of life but will let you know.

Susie, you must be itching to get your hands on some seeds !
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2012
7:30 AM

Post #9015701

Thanks Cris, and actually my name is Emily...I am ALbeachrealtor because I am a realtor on the beach in Alabama. :) Thanks for the info on the liatris!
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #9015747

Thanks Cris for that info in Liatris.

Emily, those seeds are fresh from my garden. Those are very easy to winter sow. Those put out a ton of seeds and are easy to grow. The plants I havre get north sun. I don't have any pictures but I think they had blooms until late summer.
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 23, 2012
4:57 AM

Post #9016794

Susie,
Are you ready to get this one back? I am putting it in the mail today. I am trying to figure out how to get the cuttings I did for you into the box. It is pretty packed. Is there anything that you know you don't want/need in the box that I could remove for you and make some room? I have also organized it a little bit better than it was when it arrived to me. I have edibles in one back and flowers in another. Additionally, I put the MGs in one bag (still separated into their own baggies, but in one larger ziploc) and I did the same with the Hibiscus'. I also tried to attach the lilies together, the cone flower in one group, the marigolds etc.
I have loved going through the seeds and even found some that my mom (in Indiana) wants to try.

Let me know. I have pink and purple azalea for you, a white camilia (flowering bush/tree), and something that smells like jasmine, but it is a bush with pretty white flowers. The butterflies and hummingbirds love it!

Baby is crying. Talk to you soon!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
5:16 AM

Post #9016810

GM all
Emily you have mail . Looks as robin EAST To WEST Will land Here today so PFG is going to be the lucky winner . going to go work on her Pressie :)
Back later today .

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
2:28 PM

Post #9017421

No Robin today for it was sent to three rivers Mich by Mistake so they say it should be here tomorrow .
So Looks as PAM/ PFG------FEB 24 TH is right on with her guess :)) CONGRATS Well i hope The Robin will be here tomorrow :) will keep ya posted . Well I'm off to make up some more cement stones :)))
back in the morning
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 23, 2012
8:09 PM

Post #9017783

This is right down to the wire, isn't it! I hope you get it tomorrow, Susie. Sweet dreams, everyone. Pam

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9017994

were are in the snow storm going through so will let you know if & when it arrives .

going to get started on a special gift today .
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2012

Post #9018033

Susie, which way is the snow moving? I'm praying it skips over us. I have some traveling to do over the next few days. I was hoping not to have to drive on the highway in the snow. LoL I was driving in the rain last and I could not see a thing! LoL

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9018464

Well the Robin is on its way Back to the Post Office for my mailman could not get up our drive well if he had tried he could have but he did not . So Now I have to wait till tomorrows mail & then meet him at the mail box .

so sorry but Pam You will still get the Gift :))) . well i need to go into the house with daddy for awhile so have a great afternoon .
susie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9018829

JUST COULD NOT WAIT ANY LONGER . @4pm I Called Joyce @ The P O & Told her I was going to pick up the Box so I Drove out of my snowy driveway main roads were all good & got the robin brought it home had to fix super then i came out & was going through the robin ty all & I Plan to start planting a few of them this weekend was just looking up some so i will know if they will grow here or not .

So Pam You win & I will try to get your prize out to you on monday if we don't get more snow over the weekend . :) Now Off to look up more of them :) GN All
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

February 24, 2012
7:30 PM

Post #9018998

Congrats to you Pam !!

Susie, at least you have all those luscious seeds to go through
while there is now on the ground. Think SPRING !!
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2012
4:08 AM

Post #9019146

Whoopee!!!! Lucky me!!! The birthday that kept on giving!

Susie, if those boxes are anything like they were when I had them, you'll have to build another house to start everything in! I just got my shelves up in the window in the city again, and have a few things going... So far just geraniums and perennials. Last year I started too early and everything got too big before April when we opened the house and I had more space so this year I'm holding off. But it sounds
Ike you're way ahead of the game already...

Happy planting!

Pam

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #9019193

there was lots of goodies & way more the i will ever use so i have offered to share them with a few New members of DG as soon as i get mine out Just waiting on robin 2 to get home on monday .

we have about ins of new snow not as much as predicted very nice winter.

back later .
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

February 25, 2012
5:57 AM

Post #9019248

good job pfg!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #9019312

question someone shared some beans cannot make out the name on them but says TEE PEE ???
can someone tell me the type of beans they are .
also thank you STEP For the great seeds :) you all are very generous.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
6:58 AM

Post #9019325

Everyone was so generous!
Wouldnt it be fun to all meet in one place with all our seed and just go crazy sharing?!?! :)
Now I just have to wait until it warms up to get them in the dirt!
Thank you again Susie! You did a great job on this one!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 25, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #9019467

Susie

Thank you for hosting the robin - it was so much fun! You always do such a wonderful job with these robins.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
10:02 AM

Post #9019493

ty carolyn there wasn't much knew variety as i would have thought but thats ok i have plenty of seeds to plant as it is . & hope to have many new from my gardens to share again next fall .

ok just waiting for daddy to get off the phone The he will draw a name from the bowl & we will see who wins the 2nd prize :
& The LUCKY WINER IS

BLUESPIRAL / KAREN WILL TRY TO HAVE YOU LADIES GIFTS IN THE MAIL NEXT WEEK .

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
11:17 AM

Post #9019576

ROBIN WEST TO EAST HAS LANDED JUST CAME THROUGH THE FRONT DOOR ALL IS GREAT HAVEN;T WENT THROUGH IT ALL YET . but so far there was two very nice towels for me & I found seeds envies from bluespiral , ansonfa, & Alana & in the robin was 5 cuttings looking great emily the black marker sorta smugged so not sure what you had wrote on them but that is ok ty so much for sharing i'm taken them out to get them into rooting hormone is there a special soil they like better ??? i have mira gro potting mix .

still waitig for brother to get home so i can go back out to my place & play :) but for now will thumb through the robin .

susie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 25, 2012
11:52 AM

Post #9019607

I've been missing for a while so I may have missed it Susie, but the cards with the numbers in them that we were supposed to pull from the stash - what was that for?

Loved the robin - both of them. Thanks so much I will be looking for this next season. :)

A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2012
1:10 PM

Post #9019672

amanda Since there were some who did not take a card & we had a couple others join us so i just added everyones name into a bowl & let daddy draw out the name & it happen to be bluespiral. who's name was drawn.

well i have been sitting here all afternoon looking up seeds & all i can say is thank you all for the special seeds you shared with me I'm going out now that jim is here & time for me to go play .
back later .
susie

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
7:59 PM

Post #9020147

Thank you Susie - this is so cute - winning a prize - maybe I'll frame it? A pair of garden gloves from a dollar store would look nice in a frame - it would go with what used to be a kitchen table but is now overcome with potting shed decor, heehee

You asked me about my hobbies - I did have some but gardening has become my life - lemmesee, my idea of a gift ... I guess the Stars and Moon are out? truckload of fresh, steaming rabbit manure?? World Peace???

If I had a first born, I would definitely trade him/her in for a small, light bag of vermiculite. I know, this makes for a boring gift, but there's nothing like vermiculite for germinating seeds requiring warm temps without the fungal and insect problems that somehow find me if I don't use vermiculite.

Or - you can feel free to surprise me. But let's not do the truckload of manure - everything has to be handcarried up our hill, and manure weighs soooo much more than vermiculite.

lol and ty,
bs
:)
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 26, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9020342

The cuttings from left to right with the leaves at the top were Camelia (a really pretty flowering plant), two of some sort of bush that attracts butterflies and smells like jasmine, and pink and purple azaleas.

Glad it made it home to its nest safe. If you want, I can take pictures of the three plants in bloom for you so you can have something to look forward to.
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9020388

Karen,
I just discovered vermiculite and am using it for my seed starting now too. My local nursery actually sells it in a big 3 cubic foot bag...but I chose the little bag to start with =) I bought the 20 row starter tray (can start 20 different seeds in the size of a normal flat) and have been happily transplanting up to 72 cell packs. Now I just need about 20 more lights so I can keep going in the basement. Building cold frames today, we are still getting into the teens at night occasionally but the babies can live outside in the cold frame during the day and spend their nights in the heated garage until Spring arrives.
I have a birthday coming up next week and can't think of anything "non-garden" related that I want either. Usually we go out to dinner and I go shopping. This year I told my husband I want help putting my hoop house up instead.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 26, 2012
12:54 PM

Post #9020877

Just got back from town betcha know what i was doing so i won't tell ya :) just came on to get a couple addresses printed up :) will try to get back on later after super .
susie

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
5:07 AM

Post #9022942

GM All just wanted to let PFG 7 Bluespiral Know I sennt out their Gifts yesterday . & i have donated some seeds to our Local school 's Garden club to play around with . i know the gal who teaches the class .

going to meet with her this week to go through them :) well going to start a new chat if ya all want or we ca close it up let me kow what you would like to do .
susie
Albeachrealtor
Orange Beach, AL
(Zone 9a)

February 28, 2012
6:37 AM

Post #9023070

New Robin! New Robin!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012
9:18 AM

Post #9023269

I ENJOY CHATTING WITH YOU ALL So that is why i'm asking if you want a new thread so we can stay in touch report onn the growth of our seeds we have traded . i will open a new thread as soonn as i have a extra mins :) got to go get lunch on .
back later
susie

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

February 28, 2012
12:41 PM

Post #9023464

A new thread will be just the thing to show off the seeds I've grown from you and you and you and you and . . ...

Speaking of which - looks like I missed the Bird of Paradise. I saw a BOP from Mexico in Susie's stash I think, but apparently the one I'm thinking of is the RED BOP - the one with exotic flowers that go in floral arrangements - does anyone have this one? I'd still love to have it.

Also - while we're here - I thought I had swapped with someone last year for some lemon monarda (M. citriodora) but I can't find it either. Wah.

All this and a cat with cancer too - what's a girl to do? :P

Hope you're enjoying your day - sun's up and temp's at 68 deg. Tough life. Better get out in it.

xox
A.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2012
1:21 PM

Post #9023509

Susie a new thread would be great!

Susan, are you still having your swap? I need to come check your forum.

I'm sorry about your cat Amanda. I hope your dear pet is able to recover from cancer. The red BOP sounds beautiful. I gave the orange but I would live to have the purple or white. I have never seen the red.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 28, 2012

Post #9023570

Susie

I would like a new thread too to chat and show our seeds' progress... I think it is an excellent idea!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2012

Post #9023622

NEW THREAD CLICK ON WATCH :) LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1244513/

bluespiral

bluespiral

(Zone 7a)

February 29, 2012
7:40 PM

Post #9025318

Amanda, I am sorry to hear about your cat, too, and hope she/he can recover soon and be kept comfortable in the meantime.

Ordairygirl, I love being around like-minded souls with their priorities properly aligned with gardening in first place - well said :)

Susie, guess what arrived in our mail box today??? Someone sent the most wonderful garden treats - those organdy bags with drawstrings will be perfect for saving seed from my primroses this coming summer; who ever has enough labels and glassine(?) baggies; and where did I
get the idea that if Irish Spring soap was stinky enough to repel deer, that it would repel
humans too??? great stuff! Those gloves look like they'll fight back and not get worn out so
soon. The box was so much fun today - thank you :)

ps - to all - thought you might be interested in a germination method that DG member
JonnaSudenius has developed using vermiculite - http://www.seedsite.eu/zaaiinstructies.htm

--------------------
pps - I hope this is all right - thought these kitty/pooch videos were too cute not to share - they put human territorial and pecking-order disputes into a more humorous perspective -

http://cubits.org/MidAtlanticMusings/thread/view_post/775607/
http://cubits.org/MidAtlanticMusings/thread/view_post/779775/

I have enjoyed sharing this robin with you all so much and will meetch in Susie's next thread,
Karen

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

March 1, 2012
3:27 AM

Post #9025443

Thanks Karen. :)

I wanted to let you all know that Rick Corey has promised to send me some BOP, and I have found my lemon mint after all.

Did I say this in the other thread already? Kick myself in advance.

Feeling better this morning.

xox
A.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #9025530

karen so happy you like i live my the irish spring you should see my gardens I Have bars hanging in all & Now i can see blooms every year dear & Bunnies don't bother us any more :)

Amanda hope all is find saw the news last night of the storms around your way please be safe .

Rick did you forget me ???

have a great day everyone
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

March 1, 2012
5:35 AM

Post #9025539

My prize arrived yesterday too, and I got it last night. What thoughtful gifts! I can't wait to plant the freesia and glads. The glassine envelopes, organdy bags and labels will be a big help seed collecting in the fall. Extra gloves are always useful too, I go through them so fast. And the soap smells wonderful, I've never used Irish Spring before.

So many thanks again, Susie, for such a wonderful robin!

See you on the chat thread...

Pam

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America