Photo by Melody

Article: Frosts, Freezes, Microclimates and our Delicate Plants: Great article

Communities > Forums > Article: Frosts, Freezes, Microclimates and our Delicate Plants
bookmark
Forum: Article: Frosts, Freezes, Microclimates and our Delicate PlantsReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
1lisac
Liberty Hill, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 5, 2012
11:40 AM

Post #8955455

This article is really helpful. It is full of information and easy to understand. Since Ca. Is experiencing unusual climate conditions, that I've grown use to in Tx, but never understood this info will come in very handy. I don't want to lose plants that I could have saved if i'd known how to. Thanks
herbs501
Hallettsville, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #8960276

I concur. This is a most helpful article. Here in South Central Texas, we do get hard freezes with warm temps in between. Then, there are nights with frost. This article helped me understand the science behind why when my thermometer says 38F, there is frost on the grass. Thanks, Palm Bob!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Frosts, Freezes, Microclimates and our Delicate Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Fascinating! TexasTam 0 Jan 6, 2012 7:49 PM
Well written :) Passionflowerz 0 Jan 9, 2012 4:34 AM
Excellent article jayemsee 0 Jan 9, 2012 8:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America