Photo by Melody

Article: Gardening Through Grief, Stress & Depression: Respite...

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening Through Grief, Stress & Depression
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening Through Grief, Stress & DepressionReplies: 2, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

January 10, 2012
11:43 AM

Post #8962047

During a very, very difficult marriage, I found solace in my little bucket garden. I focused on my plants, felt the wind on my face, listened to the breezes, watched the light dance around, and heard the tiniest trickles of water.

I spent countless moments out there, just watching the trees swaying back and forth, as if lovingly and agreeably nodding and assenting to my "whys?" with "I understand..."

And, I prayed out there -- a lot. And, God heard, and surrounded me with His grace...

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2012
11:53 AM

Post #8962054

I know first hand that divorce is like a death and can bring about the very same feelings. You are fortunate to have been able to tap into the healing elements, regardless of your garden's scale. You have a talent for words, as I felt I was right there with you.

Thank you so much for reading and post your inspiring comments.
Happy garden healing,
--
Bev

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

January 10, 2012
2:23 PM

Post #8962325

Thank you, Bev.

When I read my own words, I, too, could feel myself standing there all over again.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Through Grief, Stress & Depression Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article DEMinPA 1 Jan 10, 2012 5:04 AM
Lovely article ... and so true Cville_Gardener 1 Jan 10, 2012 5:09 AM
Garden spirits gloria125 1 Jan 10, 2012 7:48 AM
Catharsis HelloMissMary 1 Jan 10, 2012 8:08 AM
Very nice, thank you NY2CA 4 Jan 10, 2012 7:27 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America