Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Ohio River Valley Gardening: Heirloom Varieties - Especially Ones Grown in our Region

Communities > Forums > Ohio River Valley Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Ohio River Valley GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 54
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rox_male
Athens, OH

January 12, 2012
12:58 PM

Post #8965045

Dear All-
I know it's been awhile and I am well and hope you are too.

I have a favor.
As a master gardener I am in charge of the community garden and work closely with Community Food Initiative to grow crops, which they distribute to those in need.

They need our help.

They are looking for successful, open-pollinated seeds to help our region achieve optimal food security.

Do you have seeds of heirloom varieties including veggies, wild but useful plants, flowers, herbs and fruits?

If so please Dmail and I will send you postage.

Please send seeds to me:
Roxanne Male'-Brune
171 Longview Heights
Athens OH 45701

I would greatly appreciate any description you can give of the plant: common name, Latin name, where you got it, who grew it, etc.

Thanks, ROX

Celene

Celene
Columbus, OH

January 13, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #8966637

Rox, I have apple trees that are theoretically seedlings from the ones planted in Licking County by Johnny Appleseed, but these are mature trees. Do you want me to look for seedlings in the spring? They're not super-tasty apples, but serviceable for cooking.
rox_male
Athens, OH

January 14, 2012
6:42 PM

Post #8967985

If you can remember I'd love to have some of the seeds!
Roxanne

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Ohio River Valley Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Hummingbird and Butterfly Garden Plant Lists with Invasives? tabasco 80 Aug 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Let's go gardening! Terry 1 Jul 9, 2008 12:16 AM
Adams County Amish Bird Symposium: March 3, 2007 tabasco 6 Sep 7, 2008 10:34 PM
Cincinnati Flower Show 2007 "Play in the Dirt" tabasco 18 Apr 21, 2007 7:48 AM
ORV Spring Plant Swap/Potluck Questions Illoquin 154 Mar 12, 2007 9:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America