Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Vermicomposting: Indoor vs Outdoor Vermicomposting

Communities > Forums > Vermicomposting
bookmark
Forum: VermicompostingReplies: 0, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mraider3
Helena, MT

January 15, 2012
1:10 AM

Post #8968207

I recently posted something similar to this in another vermiculture forum. I kept seeing comments about composting horse manure as if it were an indoor process. I may be way off base here, but I would never compost manure of any kind indoors. Although my outdoor manure compost bins receive garden and kitchen scraps from time to time, I do not regularly feed these to my outdoor bins. So I was becoming confused with some of the comments people were making as to weather these were indoor or outdoor bins.

I use the spent media from my indoor bins for germination and potting mixes, and the composted manures are used in potting up mixes and holes dug for transplanted crops. For the first time I included 25% composted cow manure in starting some onion seeds indoors. I have never done this before, but I thought I would give it a shot.

There are a number of similarities between indoor and outdoor vermicomposting, however I think it's important to clarify which method we are talking about to avoid confusion especially with people just starting the process.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Vermicomposting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vermicomposting anyone? margaran 74 Jan 31, 2008 9:09 PM
vermicomposting margaran 214 May 2, 2008 1:26 PM
Vermicomposting-2 margaran 92 Feb 15, 2008 2:36 AM
Welcome to the new Vermicomposting forum! Terry 16 Jul 21, 2013 6:32 PM
wrigglers? kooger 19 Jul 16, 2008 2:59 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America