Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: Thumbnail of Sock, Sniff and Sip swap ***REVEAL PAGE 2****

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 202, Views: 1,146
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2012
2:59 PM

Post #8975744

Hello everyone. We came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1237157/

*****REVEAL PAGE! This is where we will reveal our secret swap partner and show the wonderful goodies that she has sent to us. Please have your camera's located and charged :-) so that you can post pictures of your goodies as soon as you are able. Boxes should start landing very soon so be watching for the mailman!******

This is a person to person secret swap, with each person given a buddy to send to.

The SOCK could be anything from warm fuzzy socks to wind socks. Any type of sock would work

The SNIFF could be anything scented such as candles, bath items, good smelling food, etc.

The SIP could be any type of beverage to sip such as coffees, teas, hot chocolate, wine (hmmm), etc. (Please be sure if you send something liquid, that is is packed well in bubble wrap, so it does not break!) You could also include something for your buddy to sip their beverages 'from'.

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges) Please include your sock/shoe size on your like/dislike post for the socks.The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. You are not required to include every item on someones list, this is just a guide.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 15, 2012.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

If you are interested in this swap, please indicate interest in a post. Sign-ups will be through January 10, 2012 and swapee's assigned shortly thereafter. Boxes are to be sent out by January 31, 2012. Please send your delivery confirmation number to me when you mail your box.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one, with something other than 'Interest Thread' in the heading. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

I'm looking forward to doing this swap and hope everyone else does too. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Participants>>>>>>>>>>>>

Like/Dislike link is posted next to the names for your convenience

Crit/Patti - Hostess - December 29, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8946898 & January 2, 2012, 12:49 PM,
Post #8951445 Received from deejay9/Susie

monkeymomr/Robyn - December 28, 2011, 04:00 PM, Post #8945601Received from joeswife/Debra

taters55/Linda Kay - December 14, 2011, 07:53 PM, Post #8929881 & January 2, 2012, 06:56 AM, Post #8951034
Received from jab91864

rvnsbrk/Neener - December 16, 2011, 05:54 PM, Post #8932477 Received from lizrainey/Liz

joeswife/Debra - December 26, 2011, 10:16 PM, Post #8943769 & December 27, 2011, 09:59 PM,
Post #8944989 Received from Cville_Gardener/Carole

Robynznest/Robin - December 15, 2011, 03:36 PM, Post #8930890 & December 16, 2011, 03:29 PM, Post #8932293 & January 4, 2012, 12:28 PM, Post #8954281 & January 12, 2012, 08:53 PM,
Received from Outlaw81/Kelly

deejay/Sue - December 15, 2011, 06:00 PM, Post #8931068 & January 12, 2012, 07:57 PM, Post #8965393
Received from Michelle

Fruit of the Vine/Susan - December 21, 2011, 09:57 PM, Post #8938814 & January 2, 2012, 9:33 PM,
Post #8952217 Received from Robynznest/Robin

Cville_Gardener/Carole - December 16, 2011, 02:12 PM, Post #8932167 Received from goldhillal/Crystal

GardenQuail/Michelle - December 16, 2011, 11:17 PM, Post #8932757 RECEIVED FROM TATER55/LK

jab91864/Julie December 17, 2011, 11:50 AM, Post #8933159 Received from Crit/Patti

Tina_A/ December 19, 2011, 03:42 AM, Post #8935117 Received from rvnsbrk/Neener

synda/Synda - December 27, 2011, 12:10 AM, Post #8943825 Received from rouxcrew/Joy

goldhillal/Crystal - December 29, 2011, 07:15 AM, Post #8946314 & January 3, 2012, 09:01 AM,
Post #8952577 Received from FOTV

OutlawHeart81/Kelly - January 8, 2012, 01:40 PM, Post #8959285, January 12, 2012, 05:32 PM,
Post #8965208 (shoe size 5/6 or boys 4) & January 12, 2012, 10:35 PM, Post #8965560
Received from Synda

BirdieBlue/Sheri - Received from FOTV/Susie

rouxcrew/Joy - December 16, 2011, 04:49 PM, Post #8932422 & January 2, 2012, 06:26 PM, Post #8951943 &
January 12, 2012, 05:10 PM, Post #8965188 (shoe size 8)

lizrainey/ - December 15, 2011, 10:15 PM, Post #8931367 & January 3, 2012, 06:40 AM,Post #8952459 &
January 12, 2012, 08:54 PM, Post #8965470

happgarden/Joyce - January 2, 2012, 12:56 PM, Post #8951453

This message was edited Jan 31, 2012 2:01 PM

Thumbnail by Crit
Click the image for an enlarged view.

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2012
3:15 PM

Post #8975759

Guess I wanted to be first ...LOL

And ,Boy do I feel like a dunce !!!!!!! Rick got home and was going through the box again to show him and found one more thing hiding in the bubble wrap that Rick loves so much !!!!!!!!

A PACKET OF GHIRARDELLI PEPPERMINT HOT COCOA !!!! umm,umm ,yummy...

Thumbnail by synda

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2012
3:26 PM

Post #8975768

Hi, all.
Ah, but I thought I was gonna be first! :)
Synda, good thing you found that cocoa... wouldn't want it to get away :)
Crit, how did you ever keep it a secret from yourself that Susie was your swap buddy? heehee :) Sounds like you got a neat box there :) Those flower pots sound cute!
Michelle

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2012
3:32 PM

Post #8975776

I agree Michelle ...that cocoa was like a bonus find ...LOL !!!!

Patti ,you got all kinds of Awesome goodies !!!!! Great job Susie , I love everything !!!!!! Japanese Cherry Blossom is to die for !!!!

I am setting here with a pair of my new socky's on and my footsies are so warm and happy !!!!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2012
3:38 PM

Post #8975782

I am so glad you liked the box Synda, it was such a problem getting it packed and I did miss a few recipes that I was going to send you, sigh. Hey, let me know about the peppermint cocoa, it looked so good but they only had one and being the magnamenous person that I am, I gave it to you. I am glad you looked to the bottom!!!!!!
My personal fuzzy socks are on a shelf at the moment, it was 77 today! And, Jam has decided that they look like a destuffed toy and are his to play with. Which wouldn't be a bad thing except the others want to steal them, then the tugging starts. I had a cute Christmas pair with little white fuzzy cuffs, no more. One is big enough for an elephant, the other is aerated.
Glad you are happy girlfriend!

Joy

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 20, 2012
4:02 PM

Post #8975809

Crit My apoligies for the messed up card, I Had it all typed ready to print out on the card so it would be nice & Neat But My Printer would not print so i put that card in the box went to the post office came back to find that the printer went haywire & Printed out the 3 I could not get to work so here sets 3 pages of the list for you , so sorry but happy you like .

my feet are so cold tonight after walking out here in the new snow we got just since Super about 2 in so far. calling for up to 5-6 possible by morning . so told jim he will have to shovel me a path if he wants help in the morning :) .

Daddys NEW HEARING Aid came today I Had to try it on him for Jim & I Both Are loosing our voice telling him the time every 5-10 MINS . but His hearing is to far gone & This is not going to help him so JIM Is using it :) Just kidding.

well much to do tomorrow so time to go lay back ya all have a great weekend.
susie

synda

synda
Carrollton, OH
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2012
4:09 PM

Post #8975815

Happy Birthday Joy Hope you have had an AWESOME Blessed Day !!!!!!

Thumbnail by synda

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #8975821

Everything is GREAT Susie. Get some rest and relax!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2012
4:17 PM

Post #8975822

JOY! Was it your birthday?????????? I always look in the mornings, but they may not of changed it yet when I looked.

Well then... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2012
4:32 PM

Post #8975839

Watch your mail, buddy. Your SSS's are in the wind. What fun it was putting goodies together for you and they actually fit in a #7 box, got a little break printing my own postage and it was even better than using a Flat Rate box the stuff would not have fit in anyway...who hoo!

My puter keeps freezing and I have had to reboot three times in the past hour, might be time to upgrade this old dinosaur again that been like Old Faithful since 2001. Might be time to spring for a fancier one and get in the 21st Century. Just don't relish the thought of typing on an itty bitty little keyboard.

Joy's homemade goodies are always good. Loved the pot you decorated, Susie, and also the froggie flag.

Seeds! Why didn't I remember to include any? Oh well, maybe next time.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #8975971

awsome boxes for everyone so far, love the story about the critters with the socks. I love those flower pots, so cute!

My box came today, just unpacked it.. Gol,gee oh my gosh was the words out of my mouth, buddy carole, I think I went over my 10 pound lift limit carrying it from the table to the recliner where I sit.. LOL
so many cool things! Joe already claimed the blue glass candle holder as his next subject to photograph, he likes things like that, and how in the heck did you know I collect blue glass?

Collge girl was eyeballing the adorable sock monkey and I couldn't resist eating two of the lindt chocolates, but will take pictures of everything tommorrow after work. It is way over stuffed, I love it all, Joe even asked me if I was sending a Thank You card he was so impressed. ;D

I had to reset the postal meter at work, guys, and shipping and postage has gone up , so really , really appreciate the box even more, since it must have weighed a ton.
the honey from your area with the comb intact arrived safe and sound, as did the tennesee whiskey, which will taste good in the peppermint hot choclate I think. I also love the hiyacnths and can't wait to put them out in the triangle garden with the tulips. Socks feel so warm, and will keep my cold as ice feet
warm at night a long time. Thanks for those too!

already tasted the loverly choc pomegranites and yummy, will have to put those in my out of sight out of mind drawer by my recliner for late night snacking.
Candl in glass arrived intact and smells heavenly, so do the other candles. My sniffer says yummy.
I love tea and hot cocoa both and the types you sent are some I have never tried, can't wait!

the vanilla, peppermint and other seasonings are going to be used a lot, and I am biting at the bit to try the tomatoe paste. there is more, but I don't want to use up the whole thread, buddy carole, I feel so special to have recieved so so much from you. Made my cold achy bones warm and fuzzzy.

Happy Birthday Joy, you deserve the best and hope your day was excellant!

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 20, 2012
10:49 PM

Post #8976116

Hi, all.
Debra, how cool! Another lovely-sounding box! But, oh, do tell what else was in it :) Remember, I won't be able to see the items in the picture, and I'm having so much fun hearing about what everyone else has received. All terrific ideas for the next time I do a swap like this :)
Crit, sent you dmail :)
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2012
3:14 AM

Post #8976143

Whew! Glad its there okay, Debra. I had a ball putting that box together. I didn't know you collected blue glass but it kept calling your name. LOL.

I love the way Joe gets into it. Lucky you! I hope he enjoys everything too.

The honey with the comb came from a vendor at our local Farmers' Market. I am their best customer. LOL. It's local, organic, raw, unfiltered and unprocessed. We eat about a jar a month. The Jack Daniels is sort of a local product too -- not too far from here. We don't drink a bottle of that every month though. :-D)))

Such great boxes arriving daily and more flying through the air. This swap was too much fun!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2012
3:22 AM

Post #8976146

P.S. I'm glad College Girl likes the sock monkey with the Lady Anti-Monkey Butt Powder. It really is good stuff ... whether you're prone to "monkey butt" or not. Just sayin' ...

:-D))) :-D))) :-D)))
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 21, 2012
4:06 AM

Post #8976160

Big thank you to my partner Crit !!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine my surprise this morning when I walk into the computer room and see I have a pkg on the computer desk. I got home from work later last night made a beeline to change clothes and start dinner. All anybody said was I put the mail on the desk...no Hey you got a package and it's with the mail.

So on with the photo and description. Everything was wrapped so nice and neat, Crit you have far more patience than I do...lol. I hate to wrap, Christmas is torture for me.

There is an electric candle warmer. (GREAT...on my list to buy myself and hadn't done it yet)
a honeydew melon candle in a jar ...smells so delish!!
Paradise Punch votive
Raspberry votives
Orange vanilla votives
Scented pinecones
Tangerine/Grapefruit foam bath mix (I bet this is going to be good!!)
a tin of hot cocoa mix (the tin itself is a keeper, cute and small enough for my stash box)
red and green reindeer socks that are very fuzzy =o)
Pink and purple monkey toe socks...lol
Snickerdoodle decaf flavored coffee.. this will be great in the evening when it's too late for coffee but I am feening for some!!!
French roast dark whole bean coffee (starbucks)...I am nothing without my caffeine buzz in the morning!
and last but not least a Tulsa Oklahoma fridge magnet

Great gifts and much appreciated, Thank you again !!

~Julie

My partner's pkg will hopefully be going out on Tues or Wed, I am waiting on something to come in the mail to add to the box.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by jab91864

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
4:10 AM

Post #8976162

Oh I use powder, I have to.. I wear two layers of tights and cuddle duds under my work pants for the car lot here in winter..( that is kinda hard on senstive skin) AND I had a sock monkey when I was young... IT"S MINE! is what I told collllge girl... LOL...
will post pics when I get off at work today.. and tell more about what I got.. off to get ready for work.. Love ya!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
4:13 AM

Post #8976166

Julie, what a great box! I love voltive candles.. those sound devine.. Starbucks is really good, what a caffiene buzz! And, I love your socks, those are going to make your feet JOYOUS. ;D

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2012
4:21 AM

Post #8976173

Yummy box, Julie. :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 21, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #8976206

Sounds like the postman is getting busy with deliveries! Love all the boxes coming in! Mine went out yesterday, and I forgot the card, so that will be going out separate today. Sorry buddy.
Crit, I will send you the tracking number shortly.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2012
6:01 AM

Post #8976223

Grrrrrrrrrrrr-eat box Debra! I know you are excited, as are we to see the pic. Monkey sock puppets ... I remember those! (telling my age here!) And to have monkey-butt powder too ... oh, to die for. :-)

Glad your box arrived in tact Julie. I had a lot of fun putting it together. As you can tell, I'm quite the 'sniffer'. Love good smelling waxes and candles, etc. Don't know if you noticed but the cocoa is peppermint cocoa. What is better than mint and chocolate, I ask you???? I LOVE the Starbucks dark coffee's, heck... I like any dark coffee but theirs is just 'better' if you know what I mean. The pinecones I picked up out of my yard and pour my scented waxes over them when I want to change scents. :-) I hope you enjoy everything. The wrapping of each item idea came from Fruity. She always has things wrapped so nice it is like Christmas every swap!

Speaking of pinecones. Could anyone use some mini pine cones for crafts or something? We had 3 of our pine trees die during the drought last summer, and they have the cutest little 'mini' pinecones on them. I will send out a box to anyone who wants some for the postage. I also have a few of the pinecones that hadn't opened yet and are just long and skinny. Just let me know.

Everyone has done a great job of describing their boxes so Michelle can join in our joy of all the great things we have received. Those that haven't received, please remember to do so too. Heck, we all love hearing everyone's descriptions of their prizes. :-)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
12:25 PM

Post #8976669

okay, I didn't mention I also got some special daffodils, some pnut butter brittle , some lovely soap, and some great teas.. a lucious candy bar, spices, seasonings , and it is great to try new teas.. here is a picture.. hope u can ss it, I tried to get it all in, with my two little baby sanseverias to help hold stuff up..

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #8976671

Here is a close up of the candle holder and socks and spices and seasonings..

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
12:27 PM

Post #8976674

and a close up of the monkey..and the jack daniels and other goodies..

Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
12:28 PM

Post #8976677

the lindor candies were first to be tasted, and gone now.. LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 21, 2012
12:57 PM

Post #8976699

Goodness, that must have been a huge box! Who is it from?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2012
1:39 PM

Post #8976755

WOW Debra ... and I thought the FIRST post was a lot. Carole really did a bang up job on you!!!!!!

Just went horseback riding. It's 35* but nice and sunny. Was VERY pleasant going West, but freakin' COLD coming back home going east! I'm going to try one of my new teas now!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 21, 2012
2:18 PM

Post #8976812

NICE BOX DEBRA & just wanted to let you know daddy got his card & had him puzzles for awhile telling him that you was his aptopted daughter in KS but couldn't fool him for long :) hehe Thank you so much & He said he will pray for all my gardening friends :) Thats daddy .

Big brother is fixing Fish Fresh Blue Gill that a guy from the church brought over today for daddy , so Me I'm Going to throw a can of soup in a bowl NUKE it then have me a couple of totties & Watch a movie . so Good Nite to all & Thank you all for the best wishes :)
susie
Hey crit when you try the BLUE BERRY Tea let me know So i will know if i sould try it :) 'TRUTH GIRL'

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #8976816

Yes, it was a nice box from Carole, and I just came in from freezing my tai tai's off planting the new bulbs out front with the other swap bulbs.. Can't Wait till Spring, hope they do th, some of them are tipping out, and it was down to 7 derees today when I went out to work..
I havn't ridden a horse since Beauty, back when I was 16, and she bucked me off.. Sun is shining so was a nice day to ride horses..
Tea is GOOD!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #8976818

mmmmm hot toddies.. LOL would love some fresh fried blue gills right now.. lucky guys!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2012
5:16 PM

Post #8977005

Hey thanks girls for the b'day wishes, it was last Sunday. Wow, what great boxes!!!!!! I agree that this was a fun one to shop for, I kept coming up with ideas. I remember sock monkeys, I have made a few in my day, even a sock elephant although he looked nothing like the picture when I finished, he was very sad.
It was 77 yesterday and 40 today, then tomorrow it will be back in the mid to high 70's again! My poor trees are thinking it is spring, hope they don't get bit.

A couple of my antiques are starting to bloom, gotta love the old ones. This is Belinda

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 21, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #8977055

Hi, all.
Julie, what a fun surprise to discover! And such treasures inside :) With everything all wrapped, too... adds to the suspense! Clever idea :)
Debra, thanks for telling us about all the other wonderful surprises in your box :) What fun! I do hope those daffodil bulbs come up nicely for you. That will be an extra fun treat :)
Hmmm, hadn't thought of including a card... sorry, buddy. I did put a note in the box though, so you will know who it's from :) Will keep the card idea in mind for future swaps :)
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 21, 2012
6:23 PM

Post #8977079

What a beautiful rose, Joy.

And look at the fabulous goodies you received, Julie & Debra. Good for you!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
1:57 AM

Post #8977263

I didn't include a card either... couldn't squeeze another thing inside. LOL. :-D))) Debra, the daff and hyacinth bulbs have been chilling in the fridge so they should be on schedule to bloom ... I hope.

Unwrapping is fun but I just throw the paper away so prefer mine not wrapped. It's an eco-thing. :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #8977350

wow! had to be suddenly woke up by MOM.. ARE YOU TAKING ME TO WORK ? geeze! here I thought I would be able to sleep until noon or so .. okay. I am done griping.. time for tea..
My box was perfect , and I am so eco minded I am saving all the padding, pads and box for next swap LOL

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
5:56 AM

Post #8977389

That's where they came from originally. Other swaps. LOL. It does my heart good to see them continuing on another journey.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2012
6:09 AM

Post #8977400

Wow, what great boxes and the imagination of this group is way out there. Still waiting for a certain thing to get here, but I'm kind of glad it is a little late cause I have a couple more ideas that I want to check out and maybe put in the box.

What are Pumpkins on a Stick. Never heard of Egg Gourds, Can you take a different pick of those.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #8977401

Forgot to say Happy belated Birthday Joy.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
9:04 AM

Post #8977569

No worries Michelle. I didn't put a card in mine either. Just a handwritten (chicken scratch!) note in the very bottom telling what everything was that wasn't self explanitory.

Yes Robyn, I will take a closer pic for you. Someone (crs...don't remember who) grew them last year. They are so cool.

I reuse my paper and packing too. It is hard for me to throw anything away! Just ask DH! :-)

So glad everyone is having fun with this swap. I thought about doing one for several months before I finally did, then I had to think of something fun and clever. SO glad it has worked out!
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #8977905

Wow. what cool gifts. I had a sock monkey-Jimmy, as a wee one. He got lost during one of my many childhood moves. Oh, and those tiny cones are perfect for pot-pouries. I used to make different blends and would hunt far & wide for them. I'll send you the cost of shipping. Just let me know the amt.
I didn't put much on my list, but will say that nearly everything listed so far (except the liquor) would be great. So much dark chocolate confections have made me drool. LOL I'm getting better and will be shopping Mon & Tues.

Sheri/ BB
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
2:17 PM

Post #8977915

forgot to ask---is it really still OK to plant bulbs??

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 22, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #8977918

Robin here is what they are .
PUMPKIN TREE
http://www.gardenersnet.com/vegetable/ornamentaleggplant.htm
http://www.amishlandseeds.com/eggplant.htm
they are also in the eggplant family .
They are just fun to grow & Use in arrangements. more like a little bush .

EASTER EGGS is also MINI Eggplants
fun to grow

Been a very long day & I'm Very tired out & Need some rest . will try to get back in later to tell ya about our
day with daddy.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
2:43 PM

Post #8977963

How many of the cones do you want? They won't weigh much but give me an idea of the size box as in Priority Mail boxes: Small, Medium and Large. I'll get them off to you.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
2:44 PM

Post #8977966

OH, and do you want the opened or unopened ones? Or some of each?

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2012
3:44 PM

Post #8978043

Sherri, I don't know about your temps there.. but here it gets up to high forties some mid fifties right now, ground is not frozen, and we are due for rain soon. It has been down into the teens, but was told you can plant bulbs as long as there are more days above freezing than there are below.

hope this helps///
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 22, 2012
4:46 PM

Post #8978136

wow great boxes arriving!
mine going out tomorrow
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2012
9:28 PM

Post #8978418

great! I'll plant some bulbs.

Crit- med or large will be OK. preferr open c0nes.

thanks
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2012
7:11 AM

Post #8978767

Okie Dokie ... will get them gathered up for you!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2012
1:22 PM

Post #8979382

Afternoon everyone just got home a bit ago & Found two boxes for me to open one for daddy but this one is all mine Look what
my buddy Mechelle/GardenQuail has shared with me

SOCKS--there is 3pr Nylon crew socks, 2 pr of SNOOPY Valentines socks ,
SMELL---a Bottle of Suave Mango Mandarin Body Was & A Bottle Of VANILLA Body Butter
SIP -----GHIRARDELLI Hot Cocoa Mix & Organic French Vanilla Ground Coffee

& Look I Have a New Deep COFFEE CUP Love it thank you for a great box I will Enjoy it all .
Have to go start super ya all have a great evening will try to get back later .
TY MECHELLE
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #8979410

Oh, I love that mug and the socks and everything else, Susie. Grrrreat job, Michelle.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 23, 2012
3:33 PM

Post #8979584

Great box Susie.. I love that mug! According to the tracking number my box should have landed today. Fingers crossed.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 23, 2012
4:13 PM

Post #8979650

My Goodness, Fruity! You outdid yourself!! Thanks so much for the wonderful box!! Here's what was in my box:

Purple bath sheet (makes me want to go to the beach,it is so big and nice)
Foot massage
Fuzzy soft striped socks
2 Pr. copper ion socks (geez... i need those!)
Vanilla creme wafers (like fancy ice cream places stick in your ice cream-i'm hungry already)
Aladdin insulated coffee cup, purple yet!
Bag Seattle coffee- I like straight coffee, no added flavors-just right for me
Ghirardelli dark raspberry squares- DH and I sampled this first
A hand knitted washcloth-nice. I intend to use it to set hot dishes on the table
Box assorted herbal teas-I already opened and had some
Anna's almond thins-love these!
White fudge covered pretzels-yum
Lindt White coconut bar-Yummy
2 jar candles: Cranberry Mandarin and Island Luau- nice
Puffs plus lotion-for those real sniffs!
Burts Bees set-This is great stuff
Bent and Wiggly puzzles-I had never seen these before, but I like the straight line ones
Birds and blossoms mag- had been thinking about ordering this
And a beautiful card

Wow! Santa came and her name was susan! Thnks so much. Now if I can get this pic to load...

Thumbnail by goldhillal

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2012
4:50 PM

Post #8979735

wow! you guys have had some sweet smelling , boxes stuffed with all kinds of wonderfuls sips and sweets and stuff!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #8979772

Susan, you really stuffed that box! Nice job!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012

Post #8980140

Nice box, Crystal. Great job, Fruity!

I'm still stuffing myself on those delicious kumquats. Sure beats the little hard sour ones I buy in the grocery. ;-)

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 24, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #8980161

Glad you like, C'ville.
I keep some in a dish on the counter and nibble several time/day.

What a rain! Everything around here is floating. Yard is like a swamp. Little over 3 inches last few days.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #8980387

Oh deejay ... how exciting for you. A box for daddy and one for you. Such great smelling stuff Michelle sent you. Wish we had scentaDG so we could get of whiff of what everyone gets!

Love the snoopy socks, they remind me of the ones I got! :-)

I too like BIG mugs and that one is so pretty! You will have to tell us all about that Hot Cocoa. I bet it is heavenly!!!!!

Great job Michelle!!!!!!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012
7:43 AM

Post #8980400

What a wonderful box Crystal! Our Ms. Fruitiness has done it again! :-) I love raspberry and chocolate. You have to let us know how those are! All your 'purple' stuff makes me jealous ... even a purple coffee mug! How awesome!

Please explain to me what copper ion socks are? Never heard of them.

GREAT box of Socks, Sniffs and Sips! Good job Fruity!
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
9:30 AM

Post #8980529

My box left today, hopefully the post office will be kind and it will arrive gently...lol. Have a great day!!

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #8980731

My box went out today as well!!!! :) hope it gets there ok. Awesome boxes ladies loooove the sock monkey! Doh! Why didn't i think of that?! ;)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012
1:27 PM

Post #8980829

:-)

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 24, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #8980947

Copper ion socks help keep foot odor down. Have not tried yet, but it sounds like a good idea.
Remember "odor-eaters"?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012

Post #8980952

According to the tracking my box has landed, sort of. A notice has been left. Fingers Crossed!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012

Post #8980955

So glad you're enjoying your goodies, Crystal! You'd mentioned liking lavender scents and Hyacinths, couldn't find either, so I went with a purple theme. I shop sales year-round for swaps or gifts and just added a few fresh goodies like the chocolates and coffee. And I'm glad you're a coffee drinker, just sorta winged it from your list.

Copper ions inhibit the growth of bacterial odor and are supposed to wick moisture away helping to keep feet dry. The ions also don't wash out in the laundry. My husband used to wear a man's brand of these socks when he was working and had to wear steel-toe boots year round. My feet sweat year-round and bought myself a pack of these a while ago. Even in a house with hardly any humidity, my feet feel softer.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #8981165

I have to say the MB powder is oh so nice... ;D
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #8981169

I wasn't home today when my box got here. I have to wait until tomorrow for them to bring it back. I stomped my foot and through a tantram. Oh well, I'll live. I finish shopping and packing my buddys box and hope to mail it by the end of the week. Things have been so crazy here. Sorry to my buddy.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 24, 2012
8:52 PM

Post #8981362

Hi, all.
Oh, Robyn, how frustrating! Hope you receive your box tomorrow (Wednesday)!
Linda (tatters55), thank you so much for everything! I received my box yesterday (Monday) afternoon, but had to wait for my husband to get home to help me ID some things. Thought I'd post earlier today, but didn't quite happen... Anyway, here's what Linda sent me:
Celestial Seasonings teas: "Peppermint" "Wild Berry Zinger" and "Bengal Spice" (says it's a caffine-free chai).
Hershey's Bliss "White Chocolate Hot Drink Mix".
A bag of Hershey's Reese's, Hershey's Milk Chocolate, and Hershey's Special Dark hearts.
A heart-shaped box of Elmer Chocolate.
Dr. Scholl's Spa Collection Socks (2 pairs of fuzzy socks with rubberized soles; one pair is pastel green and one pair is pastel purple).
Dearfoams slippers (black, each with a bow).
2 packages of tea lights (fresh linen scent).
Cinnamon spice cake candle in a miniature cast iron skillet. 6-inch diameter glass candle holder dish (looks like a plate) to hold pillar candles.
Metal scent stand: the bottom part holds a tea light that heats scented wax melts that you put in the top part.
Plus scented wax melts to go with it: 4-pack of orange, 4-pack of melon, 4-pack of cotton breeze, 3-pack of vanilla, and 3-pack of apple cinnamon.
Hand-crafted ceramic mug (beige color on inside and on bottom-half of outside, and top-half of outside is brown with a scroll-work pattern).
And, a blue travel mug!
My husband still needs to take a picture for me. Hoping he can take one soon so I can post it. Couldn't quite wait... had to try those Hershey's chocolate hearts :) What a yummy snack!
Michelle

This message was edited Jan 24, 2012 10:54 PM
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2012
10:18 PM

Post #8981393

OK, now I have posted twice with both disappearing. AARGGH!!!!!! I received a wonderful box with many turquoise goodies from Sharon.
a turquoise bath towel along with a turq & yellow hand knit washcloth,, tin of divine luxury wafers w/ hazelnut creme filling, Lindt Intense Orange filled dark chocolate bar.Anna's delicate Swedish ginger thin cookies, Ghirardelli dark & mint chocolate squares, Bag of Flops white fudge covered pretzels.Lipton iced tea to go (in turquoise box), Turq Aladdin travel mug, great to drink the Seattle's best level 4 coffee (in turq. bag!) + turq. box of Puffs w/ lotion. Also my generous Buddy included two fragrant glass covered candles- one in cranberry-mandarin & 1 is peach-mango.
I am overwhelmed with her fruity generosity & eyes are dripping. The Feb/march issue of Birds and Blooms (now how could she know that my subscription just expired?)! And a word search book + wonderful Burt Bees tips and tows kit. I also received a hot pink pair of soft fuzzy socks w/ rubber dots on soles to prevent slipping and 2 pr of Dr Scholls copper defense ion socks.

I can't tell when I last received a gift or surprise box, and am at a loss for words.

Thank you so very much, Susan for the lovely gifts. Am still under the curse of the bug so many of these things will be especially handy now.

right now I feel very warm & cuddly inside.
Love & hugs to my DG Buddy,
Sheri/ BirdieBlue
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #8981540

wow nice boxes!!!!!

mine should be there today

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 25, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #8981573

Birdie, sounds like you got a nice box of goodies too! Pictures please?
Michelle, hope you enjoy the teas, chocolates and candles?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #8981580

Birdie, hope you feel better soon, that box should help! Flops? What a cool name, here we just have "White Chocolate Pretzels". I will need to expand my looking, I am a sucker for cool names.

We are getting drowned here this morning, raining so hard I can't get outside for chores. And under a tornado watch/warning. Evan is getting hail at school, Houston proper has a bunch of power outages and they won't get this storm for a couple hours yet. I am going to get my rain gear on, hope it hasn't dry rotted (VBG), and go check for newborn lambs. Don't need to drown any.

Later,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2012
6:25 AM

Post #8981583

Birdie, hope you feel better soon, that box should help! Flops? What a cool name, here we just have "White Chocolate Pretzels". I will need to expand my looking, I am a sucker for fun names.

We are getting drowned here this morning, raining so hard I can't get outside for chores. And under a tornado watch/warning. Evan is getting hail at school, Houston proper has a bunch of power outages and they won't get this storm for a couple hours yet. I am going to get my rain gear on, hope it hasn't dry rotted (VBG), and go check for newborn lambs. Don't need to drown any.

Later,

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
6:54 AM

Post #8981621

joeswife wrote:I have to say the MB powder is oh so nice... ;D

Happy to hear you like it. I do too. :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2012
8:08 AM

Post #8981685

JOY STAY SAFE , SURE HOPE IT ALL GOES AROUND YOU . oops sorry for the caps but did ya hear me :) ???
stay dry , reminds me of the time i had little twin goats & our weather was so bad I went out brought them into the house boy did they have fun & i had a few messes but they were so darn cute at the time it didn't matter :)

be safe in TX Please
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
8:14 AM

Post #8981689

WONDERFUL goodies Michelle!!!!!!!!!! Yummy eats and sniffs. Lots of good chocolate stuff! (We keep the chocolate makers in business. lol) I am going to have to try some of the deerfoam slippers one of these days. I like the full shoe slipper. LK does a great job of packing a box, doesn't she????? Can't wait to see the picture!

Yes Sheri ... looks like our own Ms. Fruitiness has 'done it again' with a wonderful swap box. Several things have my mouth watering! The dk choc and orange and the dk choc mint sound wonderbah. I am going to have to get my DH some of those ion socks, they sound terrific. Love all the turquoise stuff and travel mugs. Turquoise is my 2nd favorite color after purple! :-) (Just a hint, when I am typing a long post, I occasionally highlight and copy what I have typed so if it disappears, I can just paste it back and not have to type it all over again. Works for me) Waiting with baited breath for pictures!

Oh, did I forget to tell you girls part of this swap is to send a sample of all your goodies to the hostess to be sure they meet inspection/guidelines?????? :-) J/K of course, but wish I wasn't!/i>

Joy, you be careful out there checking for lambs in that weather. Keep in touch so we all know you are OK. Hope all the little lambie-pies are ok, too.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
8:19 AM

Post #8981693

Yes deejay. I've had my time with baby calves in the house in front of the wood stove. Had the carpet covered with a tarp so all the messes were on that. Calf messes are worse than goat messes. lol I had one that I wasn't sure was going to make it. Was having to force feed it with a tube to get some warm milk in his tummy. Checked on him all through the night. Woke up to hear a calf bawling and I thought it was one of the kids pressing a magnet on my fridge that would bawl like a calf. I got up and there he was, standing at the end of the hall calling to his "momma" for breakfast! I was so happy!!!! Then when the kids would press the magnet, he would bawl back to it. LMBO It was such a hoot. I LOVE baby animals!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
8:42 AM

Post #8981723

According to my Crystal Ball (and the tracking #'s you've sent me...lol) we should have 3 delivering today and 1 tomorrow!~ Yippee!

Please let me know if I miss someone, at the first post, as receiving their box. I appreciate it.

From what I have, these still have to receive their box. Let me know if I am mistaken!

Fruity/Susie
monkeymomr/Robyn (redelivering today)
tater55/LK
rvnsbrk/Neener
rouxcrew/Joy
Robynznest/Robin
happgarden/Joyce
lizrainey/Liz
Tina_A/Tina

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2012
9:40 AM

Post #8981808

Well the worst has passed us, we are now right on the ending edge and the rain has died to a bare sprinkle. Did go milk and feed goats, they cannot wait and I have a nice loafing barn up there so they were happy. No one else is though. Haven't seen any new lambs, something I am grateful for, spent a couple hours out there opening up drainage paths. Lots of pyrotechnics but none were hitting around me so I was fine. Hooked up one of my audio books and listened to it the whole time I was out there so I was entertained rather than worried. Came in to take a break and get a bite of lunch, then I will be back out there trying to keep the water moving. No trees down, no power outages, no tornadoes nearby so we are good.

Joy

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
11:18 AM

Post #8981887

No package here Patti and mine is in the air, will dmail you later with the del conf #.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
4:18 PM

Post #8982245

Good Lord! My box from Liz came today. She and I swapped a long time ago during the first Halloween swap I did. She was awesome then and age hasn't hurt her a bit! :0)

The box was bursting with:

Donut House K- cups,
A nice assortment of hot chocolate mixes
Aloe infused socks (I love these, they really work)
A ton of chocolate including a chocolate and bacon bar which I have heard is a really delish combination. (I'll let you know after I have dinner)
A pack of tissues that look like $100 bills and they say "Sniff" on them
A wonderful smelling pear candle... and...
The end all of everything...

A pair of gorgeous , handmade slippers that are just right and are so cleverly made they are to die for. Beautiful beadwork and they even have some little no slip dots on the soles. Wonderful Liz, really cool! They are almost too pretty to wear, but I am going to anyway.

Hope I didn't forget anything. This was a wonderful box full of goodies that was way above and beyond. Still trying to figure out how you knew I loved mint so much.

Thank you so much my dear.

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2012
5:03 PM

Post #8982289

Everyone is getting such great boxes. Isn't it amazing all the different things this groups came up with.

By the way chocolate covered bacon IS fantastic and very easy to make.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 25, 2012
5:27 PM

Post #8982314

If you feel the ground moving you can relax, it's just me jumping up and down. My box arrived and it is amazing. Thank you so much Deb.

First I found a great poem on top and want to share it...

"Sock" a few minutes, to baby your feet,
And watch the finches graze from their "sock".
"Sock" the sack of spring bulbs as soon as you can,
And skitter the critters to and from for your cats.
Support Breast Cancer Foundation,
"Sock" for you feet and hands, too.

"Sniff" the pinecones and the clotheshanger too.
Get a basket for the potpourri too.
"Sniff" the Vicks when your all stopped up,
Use the Kleenex for your "sniffs".
The wonderful smell fo caress, and of cucumbers and melons-yum
"Sniff" the aroma of sweet chocolates
Good way to start the day!

"Sip" a nice drink of your favorite tea.
"Sip" the Godiva,
Then have one for me!
"Sip" some hot chocolate.
"Sip" the bourbons,
A couple I favor.
Watch the hummers "sip" from their nector.
"Sip" the soup,
And count the days down on the calendar,
For signs of Spring.

"Sow" a few seeds,
For soon it will be Spring-
And here's a new cereus cactus,
For seeing some green.
Finishing off this fun packed bunch of goodies,
Is your very own box of chocolates to savuor.

Thank you for taking the time to write this, it made the box even more special.

Now for the list, OMG!
Gardening Calender
Pink "Breast Cancer socks, 3 pairs of pretty fuzzy socks
Purple gloves
Vicks Vaper inhaler(my nose thanks you)
Chicken noodle soup(Thank you, I needed that)
Kleenex(I may beat this cold yet)
Anti-stress foot scrub and gel
English lavender soap and Caress soap
Peppermint bark and cashew clusters (my favorite)
Velvet hanger and sachet
Cocoa-mint, raspberry,supreme, and cinnamon
Mug filled with tons of different teas
Cucumber and melon soft soap
Beautiful cinnimon scented, gold glittered pinecones
Godiva white chocolate and chocolate liquer
Wild turkey American honey
Evan Williams honey reserve
Tulip "Hope Blooms" bulbs
Paperwhite Ziva bulbs
Finch sock feeder
Lemon hand scrub
Hummingbird air freshener for the car
Cucumber/melon body wash
Ms. Pedicure invigorating leg rub and foot lotion

For the kitties...cat grass seeds and stuffed mouses

And the seeds...I'm in heaven...
Red trumpet vine
purple double datura
elkhorn sumac
Ironweed
castor beans
brugmansia
datura
lilac de fleur
clematis from Arkansas

Thank you so much. This box was so much fun and joy. This is my first swap and I have to say that the expierence has been such a wonderful blessing. Not just the box, but meeting all of you. Thank you Deb for an amazing day. Robyn

Thumbnail by monkeymomr

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
5:32 PM

Post #8982321

Glad you are safe Joy and the lambs are all ok.

Hmmmm, chocolate covered bacon, never heard of it. A new one on me! LOL

Girls, please know I was not trying to hurry you when I listed those yet to receive. Mailout is by January 31st. I just wanted to be sure my tracking was all updated.

A really great box you have there Neener. Liz did a bang up job! I don't know of anyone that doesn't like chocolate and mint. The best combination EVER.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #8982341

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, cross posted with you Robyn. What a wonderful box, and so creative. Love the Poem. Good idea for the soup and kleenex. lol I wondered why things felt odd here a while ago ... I was afraid we were having another earthquake! But it was just you jumping up and down. lol

I'm glad our Debra made your first swap such a great one. Look forward to seeing you in some of the other swaps!

If anyone doesn't have the link for upcoming swaps (always being updated), here it is:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232329/

I am amazed at all the creativity in the boxes and goodies! Such great swappers here!

REMINDER if anyone is interested in the Valentine's Day Swap that hasn't signed up, we are taking participants until January 31st. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1238335/

There will be a "Best of the Blarney" in March. Interest thread is not up yet.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2012 7:49 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #8982430

This message was edited Jan 26, 2012 10:22 AM

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2012
8:11 PM

Post #8982481

Spoke too soon, had to pull a lamb just 10 minutes ago but thankfully the ewe is accepting it. I will be up later tonight to see how they are getting along, don't like having young mommas, they don't always do well with mothering. Huge lamb, male, his head is all swollen tonight from being stuck but he should line out by the morning. I will try and remember to take a pic.
Off to bed, midnight comes early.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2012
8:34 PM

Post #8982494

so glad you like your goodies, Robyn, I had fun putting it together.
How wonderful to bring a lamb into the world , Joy. I hope he does okay.

I have never tasted bacon and choclate, now I want to try it.

I love the thermal socks I got in my box, my feet are always cold, and one can never have enough socks, right?
Patti is right, the personalities of us all comes out in these great swaps and it is so much fun to see us all...
When the house shook I thought it was the thunder, but since it didn't rain , now I know it was robyn! LOL

would love to know where you found those 100 tissues, Liz. I know a girl that could use those when she is at the casino that just opened down the road a bit, ( devils den, I am telling you)\\\ anyways, Wish I could sign up for vday, but will have to watch from sidelines on this one.. Waiting on new work hours
( again) ...

Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2012
12:37 AM

Post #8982542

I got a wonderful box from rvnsbrk, thank you so very much. It arrived on Monday, I picked it up on Tuesday. Here are all the wonderful things that I received

A pretty Valentine Day mug
2 pair of Aloe infused socks with vit e
homemade oatmeal soap
a yankee candle "simply home" smells wonderful
homemade tile magnet with a mouse in a cup how very cute
terra cotta plant minder also home crafted
hand remedy hand lotion
a journal
chocolate truffle coffee,
Pretzel M&M's that didn't make it out of the car
and a very beautiful hand crafted card that I will treasure always.
I didn't get a picture of the plant minder and the magnet, they were in the bottom of the box and me being the bad sighted person that I am, didn't see them the first 2 times I went through the box.

I absolutely love all the treasures that I got thank you so very much

Thumbnail by Tina_A

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2012
12:53 AM

Post #8982545

Hi, all.
Whew! And I thought that was an earthquake :) Great box, Robyn :) And have fun planting the seeds :)
A chocolate bar with bacon... My sister-in-law was just telling us about chocolate with bacon the last time we had a family get-together. Neener, you'll definitely have to tell us what you think :)
BirdieBlue, such a color-coordinated box! What fun :)
Joy, give that little lamby a pat for me. Hope he continues to do well.
Oh, and I told my husband he better take the picture of the things I received tomorrow (Thursday). Otherwise, there might not be any more of those yummy chocolate hearts! And I want to try some of the other things, too, but am waiting for the pic to be taken. Oh, and I've been enjoying the scent of the cinnamon cake candle :) Smells delicious!
Well, this was the first of this style of swap I've participated in. It's been a lot of fun :) Can tell I'm going to learn more about what our different stores in the area sell :) Been having fun with the birthday club, and had lots of fun with Betty's 5th annual DG craft workshop. Looking forward to participating in some more swaps :)
Michelle
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2012
12:58 AM

Post #8982546

Tina, oh how fun! What neat surprises :)
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
2:34 AM

Post #8982555

Wow, look at those boxes. Score! Great work, gals. :-)

We have tornado sirens sound fairly routinely. Hate that sound ... especially at night. The last was just a few days ago and power was out for several hours during the night. Glad it was no more than that.

Yes, I'm going to sit out a few swaps now as well. Gotta show some restraint. :-D))) But this one certainly was fun.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #8982580

Goodness, lots of Great boxes arriving!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
5:11 AM

Post #8982628

Glad you liked everything Tina! Now I can breathe that everything got there.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #8982707

oh! I didn't know Godiva made coffee! YUMMY!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #8982724

juanita, got there fast glad you like everything was a little worried about the slippers being to loud :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2012
7:51 AM

Post #8982792

For any of you wanting to try chocolate bacon. Here's what you do.

Chocolate Covered Bacon

Fry your favorite bacon to the crisp stage. Pat all grease off and take off any fat that didn't cook up. Put in freezer for at least a half hour. You can check sooner than that to see if the bacon is cold. Now melt your favorite chocolate bar, stick your bacon in the chocolate while it is still warm, put on wax paper or parchment to let the chocolate set up. I keep the chocolate on a very low warm setting while I do all the bacon, that way it doesn't set up from the cold bacon. Eat after the chocolate is set up.

A friend told me about the bacon, when he was down in Texas a couple of years ago on business, he took time off and went to a festival. They were giving a sample to everyone to get their opinion. He bought a bunch which didn't last very long. He asked me to try and make it for him, he brought me everything there at the bar and grill so I didn't have to go buy anything. Everyone sampled it and it became a monthly special for deserts.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #8982845

Joy ... please let us know how that little man is doing this morning. Hope he's ok.

What a great box Tina. Neener is so handy with handcrafted stuff!!!!! Makes it even more special.

Glad you have enjoyed this swap Michelle. I was trying to think of something with a 'twist' to get everyone to put their thinking caps on. :-) Can't wait to see the pic of your stuff. Tell DH to 'get on the stick'. lol

Glad you enjoyed it too Carole.

Cool recipe there Robin. May have to give that a try. Thanks for posting.

Just a few more boxes to arrive. :-) With the 31st being the final mailout date, everyone should have their boxes by the end of next week or so. So glad everyone joined in this swap and had such a good time with it. I'm real excited with it being my first swap to hostess, and it went off without a hitch. Thanks to all of you for that!

I understand having to set out a few swaps. I need to do so myself ... pick and choose ... but they all are so fun!!!!!

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2012
8:52 AM

Post #8982903

Tina, what great stuff!!!! Neener always packs awesome boxes!
Love chocolate bacon, my two favorite food groups.

Here is the photo of the newest newbie. He is a monster for the size of his momma. Have another ewe in labor, should have lambs in a bit.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
9:23 AM

Post #8982927

You are right, Crit ... oh so, right. :-)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #8982936

If anyone has received a box, and I do not have it posted as received in the first post, please let me know so I can do so.

Has anyone seen happ/Joyce? I may need to pop her a dmail.

Such sweet lambs. Hope the ewe in labor and her lamb(s) does ok.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2012
10:08 AM

Post #8982955

I just received my box from Julie/jab91864, and what a box it is!

First pictures is of the root beer syrup, seattle iced mocha, lime margarita ready to drink, 6 packages 0of hot chocolates, assorted flavored tea bags, two very pretty pairs of socks, one red with white dots, one white pair with flowers, a coffee cup, and the cutest pink sippie cup with a pink pig on it!

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2012
10:11 AM

Post #8982960

Next up are a bunch of candles and lotions...

2 jars of hersheys chocolate candles, a little red tin cup with a candle, lavender vanilla body spray, bath and body works eucalyptus spearmint foam bath, and eucalyptus mint, foam hand wash. And I need to ask what is in the little pink vial please? Looks like perfume. It says womanity.

Thumbnail by taters55

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2012
10:13 AM

Post #8982963

And last but not least is a wonderful butterfly wind sock, that will go out in the garden really soon!

Thanks so much Julie, I love everything you sent. I have a cup of water in the microwave now, to sample some of those teas!

Thumbnail by taters55

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2012
10:49 AM

Post #8982993

Everyone packs awesome boxes. Way to go, LK. Luv the sippie cup, Julie.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2012
11:11 AM

Post #8983011

Just wanted to saay this was a fun swap may we do this again next year :) to my swap buddy I Use the cup dailly it is my new BEST Cup love it don't have to get up so often for a refill :) love it all .

everyone is gettig some really DELISH Goodies : sure going to try the chocolate bacon never heard of it before. love to try new goodies.
GOTTA GET BUSY YA ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

tY crit fOR GREAT SWAP

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2012
12:49 PM

Post #8983112

Sipping my coconut cream coffee and hoping my swap buddy gets thier box today!!!! :)
...just found a small bag of a few items i forgot about. Lol they wouldn't have fit anyway! Packing That box was like playing tetris. :)

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #8983564

what a wonderful box of goodies! Cholate candles? now where die she find those? MMM rootbeer syrup sounds yummy, well gosh everything sounds lovely! Great box, Julie.
Oh that lamb is adorable. I wish I could pet it.
I havn't heard from Joyce either, I hope she is ok.
Wonderful swap, Patti... I sure have enjoyed eating my choc/ pomegranite candies.. have to keep them hidden.
I might get in on a swap further into spring.. sure is fun watching all the boxes roll in. Feel like Santa watching the children open gifts on Christmas morning, kinda. Feels Good, I think.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2012
8:31 PM

Post #8983659

Hi, all.
Hershey's chocolate candles... They sound so yummy! hope you have some Hershey's chocolate candy you can eat while you burn those candles! :) Root beer syrup... mmm, sounds tasty :)
What a fun box, LK!
Susie, I'm so glad you like the cup :) When I first started looking for things for your box, I was considering getting you a cup. Looked around but wasn't sure what I wanted to get. But then I found the other things, and had kind of decided that I guess I had everything. Was going to mail your box out Wednesday. But then I read your post about dropping your favorite cup in the sink and breaking it... I knew there was a reason I had been thinking of getting a cup! :) And then, I knew exactly which one I wanted to get for you :) And I was even able to rearrange the things in the box so it would fit just perfectly! Figured you wouldn't mind the delay in mailing :)
Oh, and Robin, thanks for sharing the recipe. Might have to try it :)
Michelle

This message was edited Jan 26, 2012 8:36 PM
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 27, 2012
3:26 AM

Post #8983760

taters55 wrote:Next up are a bunch of candles and lotions...

2 jars of hersheys chocolate candles, a little red tin cup with a candle, lavender vanilla body spray, bath and body works eucalyptus spearmint foam bath, and eucalyptus mint, foam hand wash. And I need to ask what is in the little pink vial please? Looks like perfume. It says womanity.

I'm glad your box arrived in tact. I was worried something would freeze up along the way and explode or oooozzzze...lol. The pink vial is a perfume sample size. I haven't tried that scent yet so I can't say for sure what it is like.

Have a great day everyone!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 27, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #8983844

Well, I love all you sent! Did you know your from my home State? I spent 4 years at Wurtsmith AFB, (now gone) with ex hubbby! I spent lots of time in Oscoda, fishing and shopping. Originally from Grand Haven, Mi.
Sitting here now with one of the cups of hot white chocolate you sent! Never had that before, and will have to go look for more!
Thanks again!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 27, 2012
7:34 AM

Post #8983980

Now THAT is ONE GREAT BOX, LK!!!! Love everything in it. Boy could I use some of the 'stress relief' stuff that was in there!!!!!!!!! You did a great job Julie! I've never seen the chocolate candles either. How unique!

I'm glad you girls have enjoyed the swap! Yes deejay ... I think I will make this a yearly swap. Sure does brighten up the gloom of January after the holidays! I agree with you Debra. I love seeing what everyone receives!

Joy, did your other ewe have her lambs? They are so sweet. How's Big Boy doing?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2012
8:38 AM

Post #8984078

Yup she did. We now are bucking the odds, 6 lambs, 5 of them ram lambs. It will be interesting to see how it finally ends up when we get to 40 or so.

The big guy is doing well, the weather is cooperating to give him nice warm sunny days for the next few.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 27, 2012
2:08 PM

Post #8984485

He is HUGE!!!! Another week or so and he will be bigger than momma. He is so white and cute he reminds me of a stuffed animal.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 27, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #8984728

I hope you'll repeat SSS next year too, Patti. Love seeing everyone's imagination at work and the goodies you all have put together to brighten your Buddy's day!

Each morning there's an email from Etsy with a daily theme and couldn't believe one of the items featured this week was chocolate bacon. Two top foods in my pyramid and have never eaten them together, but I have had bacon jam another DGer made and it was delicious.

How did you like the white hot chocolate, LK? Had a cup today but am bummed my fav has been discontinued.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
12:17 AM

Post #8985015

Usps says my buddy got her box friday at noon... :) hope she's just relaxing sitting sipping and sniffing in her socks...

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2012

Post #8985061

Loved that white chocolate!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #8985099

I did get my box Kelly, opened it real quick too. Then I had to leave, but not before sampling the liyyle chocolate peppermint candy in the one goodie pack, When I got home around six, had tp start dinner, then we ate, then took the dogs for their walk. Came back in and started pulling everthing out of thar small box. Let me tell you all this gal can pack. I started putting everything on the table and had to smack DH's and DGD's hands quite a few times just to get them to leave it alone so I could explore everything and take pics.lol then while I was checking everything out I lost out on the computer. between the other two, there was no time left for me.

Here is what Kelly sent to me and I love everything even the magenta socks. First her card with a little note in it that says she looked all over for a non pink little doggie sweater for my little dog, but she didn't know her size. Thank you for such a wonderful thought about my little 'poopiedoo'. And she says she was sorry about the magenta socks but she had already bought them. They are great.

Now for the list.
Apple Pie Foot care - scrub, lotion and socks.
Smelter - not sure what it is called it just said not to let the water dry up in the top. I believe I can put the melts in it. She sent 2 packs of those vanilla and apple cinnamon (my favorites)
A cool ironstone like blue mug (which I need) filled with single packs of coffee - leaded and unleaded, coffee creamer and Hawaiian punch.
3 Starbucks Iced coffee packs ( I sure do love coffee )
3 more pairs of socks - one huge pair of Christmas knee socks, magenta socks with zebra striped hearts and a black pair that says Little Devil in red hearts. DGD says that one fits me perfectly.
Swiss Miss cocoa and cookies with a peppermint candy cane and Roca candy. That's the one I ate walking out the door.
A chocolate and vanilla caramel wafer, they are huge. Hid them right away so DH wouldn't kipe them. Boy I'm stingy.
Bage of Potpourri did you make this/ DGD said it smells good, I was afraid it might have an orange smell to it, it looked like orange peelings in it (allergic to them) and I didn't want to get sick until someone else tried it first. But it sure looks pretty, it will go in the family room.
Then I saw this little sock and thought she found socks for my dog and when I pulled it out it is a sock purse. It's the cutest little thing I stood there laughing until the other saw it and started laughing to. We all pictured it on the dog. (btw she does have booties to go out on the bad days)
Hersheys kisses
A Christmas scene on a tin filled with sugar cookies YUM
Vanilla Pear bath set of gel, lotion, bubble bath and a pouf, so cute and it smellllllls wonderful
International Swiss Mocha Coffee, which I'm sitting here drinking, again very YUMMY!

She got all this in a medium flat rate box, unbelievable.

I love everything Kelly Thank You so much, I'm am enjoying this swap and this box.

Edited to say this is the pic with the liittle purse in it. so cute.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2012 7:35 AM

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #8985100

next

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2012
5:34 AM

Post #8985101

last.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
5:46 AM

Post #8985115

She got all that in a Medium flat rate box??? Wow. Nice box, Robyn and Kelly.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
5:47 AM

Post #8985117

Where is Joyce??? I'm getting a bit worried. :(
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
6:34 AM

Post #8985163

Waving my hand, I am here. Thank you all for thinking of me. January is just a tough month for me. My box is ready and sorry Crit it won't go out today cause I remembered our PO in this little town doesn't stay open as late on Saturday as it use to and I want to pick up a couple of things from the stores here, but like all small towns they open late and close early, so I can only shop there on the weekends and after 10am and po closes at 10! Gotta love small cities... rolf.

What wonderful boxes everyone has received.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:54 AM

Post #8985296

~~~ Waving at Joyce ... and so glad to hear from you! Makes me feel better. :-)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
8:16 AM

Post #8985313

HAPP'S BACK SHE PUTS HAPP INTO HAPPYNESS , MISSED YA LADY

Thumbnail by deejay9

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
12:07 PM

Post #8985541

Before we're finished with this and on to something else ... Crystal, the Partridge berry ...

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
12:26 PM

Post #8985553

You all are such sweeties...don't know what I would do without you all.

Well I went shopping and found 2 pictures for my garden room or my antique bedroom haven't decided, framed with glass 8.00, they look like pen and ink with water color. They came from Kohls it says. Anyone ever tried the moisture bar called Baby Belly Bar? A little pricey but thought I would give it a try, made in USA, shea butter, aloe butter, avocado butter, mango butter, cocoa butter, jojoba, lanolin, sweet almond oil, meadowfoam, red rasberry, calendual, beeswax, vitamin e, and essential oils...I ought to be so slick I will shoot right out of bed... AND I did buy for my buddy, I wouldn't forget her and found exactly what I was looking for, but sorry can't tell! ;( The box will go out on Monday...

Here is a picture of my good buy on the pictures, is this a picture in a picture...hummmm...

Editted because I can't spell, type (sorry showing my age "key"), or write a complete sentence.

This message was edited Jan 28, 2012 2:31 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2012
3:40 PM

Post #8985830

Yay!!!!!! So glad it all made it safely to you!!!!! & i had to pack and repack and rearrange and then once i mailed it i thought... Hey i bet if i opened the tin i could have fit more treats inside, doh!!!! :) so glad you like it!
Sorry for the magenta lol and the oranges! Omg didn't realize you were allergic. :( they are just peels i dried and the pinecones are dipped in scented wax and spices. None of the scents were citrus though, so i didn't figure you'd mind. Thought you just didn't like the smell, not allergic to oranges! Feel free to regift it. Lol
:) can't wait till our next sssswap!!!! :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2012
4:57 PM

Post #8985919

Love those flower pictures!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:02 PM

Post #8986056

You always find the neatest things, happ.

OK! My turn to tell ya'll about the goodies I received from Robin today.

When I was still in my PJ’s this morning and heard tires in our gravel driveway, I thought it was a neighbor who’d called a few minutes earlier coming to help hubby cut up more fire wood. It turned out to be our mail lady and when hubby came in he said, “You’ve got a big box!” I hadn’t put my glasses on and squinted at the return address, made out Robin, got excited and started ripping open the box, after I put my glasses on…lol

First thing I saw on a piece of tissue paper was a sticker that says ‘Packed With Love’ and a card and that says ‘You’re Special’ along with a sweet handwritten note. My heart just melted.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:03 PM

Post #8986057

For Scents, I could smell them before I opened the box and received 3 votive candles, a bottle of Pear Temptation Body Mist, and 2 Jasmine scented sachets…they all smell so Heavenly, fresh and clean.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #8986059

For Sips, I have a new mug ceramic decorated with Butterflies and Flowers to use with my sugar free drinks that included a box of Double Dutch Cocoa, Passion Fruit Tea and two Buddy Fruit Drinks pouches. One is Mango Passion Banana and the other one is Apple and Banana. Had to laugh, Robin, knowing how much thought you must have put into sending me ‘fruity’ drinks.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:08 PM

Post #8986064

Next were two Dark Chocolate Dove Bars...yum...and a box of Nonni’s ‘Decadence’ Biscotti, perfect for dunking. It’s been a long time since I’ve had Nonni’s and know how good they are.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #8986071

There's more...

For kicks, how about an adorable decorative inch worm and a pretty Yellow bird? Love unexpected touches like these and they'll be in good company in my Friendship bowl of houseplants.

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2012
7:20 PM

Post #8986082

And last but not least, I received two pairs of fuzzy pink and purple socks and a soothing eyemask that can be used over and over and is already in my freezer. Can you see the glitter in it?

I’m going to feel like a Hollywood star with the mask on, my feet propped up wearing new socks, eating and drinking and being merry.

Purple Passion all the way. You were too good to me, Robin! I was a goner when I read your note :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2012
4:01 AM

Post #8986249

Oh Fruity, she hit the nail on the head with all your special pressies! Love that green caterpillar and yellow bird too! Wonderful job Robin!
jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
4:06 AM

Post #8986252

Oh that inch worm is too cute!!!

Such great boxes everyone!!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #8986276

Sweet. :-)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #8986296

No worries Kelly, I loved everything. The oranges look great in the mix. I still can't get over all that being in that small box, you did great Thank you. DGD, Kali, is spending the weekend with us and being an almost 15 years old, you know how they love to primp for no one, she begged me to try the pear bath set last night I gave in cause I love her and she said it was *** super spectacular*** like I said it smell great.

Fruity, I couldn't believe it when I got your name. You still have one more present coming. When it gets off backorder. How 'bout them fruit drinks. I have no idea what they taste like, Kali likes them. Anyway, I knew everything that I was going to get you when I saw your name, including the biscotti. I love that one too. It's the only time I drink coffee with nothing in it except the dunking of the chocolate decadence. yum. Did you check out that bird, it has all kinds of 'holes' in it. I'm going back to that store and get me the inch worm and some more of those candles. Did I not put the list in the box that says what they are. dang CRS! The blue and pink one is Baby Powder, the purplish one is Plumeria, the last one is Clean clothesline? I'll have to check that one again. I really liked those smells. So glad you liked it. You are very welcome.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #8986334

Another box of wonderful things, had to laugh at all the "fruity" things.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2012
6:50 AM

Post #8986389

Robyn and Susan you guys got some really cool things. I love the Christmas socks, ( I collect those) and really love the Mask, sip and be merry idea, Fruity. What a great bunch of goodies !
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #8986454

~~~~~~~~Waving! YEA ... happs back! :-)

What wonderful boxes you girls got. Hard to beleiev all that from Kelly went a a medium size box. What a packer! I know you will enjoy all those WONDERFUL goodies, Robin! Wohooo.

Fruity ... Your Fruitiness ... Miss Fruity ... YES, YES, YES!!!!! What a sweet note Robin put on top of your goodies! WOW ... what a great box! Yes, gotta love the inch worm and yellow bird! I just love seeing what everyone has come up with for this swap! Good job Robin!!!

There are more boxes flying out on Monday. We are getting pretty near the end of this swap. :-(
Only 4 more to receive their boxes. Can't wait to see what they send!!!!

FYI: Closing out the Valentines Day Swap sign-up at 8:00 a.m. on January 31st if anyone is wanting in on that one.

Going to be 61* here today but the winds are 10-30 mph. Going to be in the 60's all week until Friday. Looks like I will be doing some horseback riding this week if my body cooperates. lol Let's hope so. I usually feel pretty good when the weather is warm.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. Do something nice for yourself today. :-)

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #8986700

Sooohappy you liked it all! And see... You aren't stingy!!! Sharing is caring. :) happy that i could be part of this swap. Wish we could start another ASAP! LOL I KEEP FINDING GOODIES I WANT TO BUY!!!! and maybe i'll stock up for next year...there will be one next year, right crit?! *batts eyes & pleads* ;)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
1:35 PM

Post #8986830

Yes Kelly, there will be one next year. Good Lord willin' and the Creek don't rise. :-)

You need to pop over to the Valentines Day Swap. Sign ups until 8:00 a.m. January 31st, so hurry! Tell people on your other threads and see if anyone else is interested too.

Valentines Day Swap link:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1238335/#new

Robin, I can tell we are both from the midwest with the leaded and unleaded on coffee and hiding so DH doesn't kipe it. LMBO

And don't forget fixin' to. My sister (whose 13 years older than me and still treats me like I am 5) just HATES that, so whenever she is around my SIL and I make sure to say it as often as we can. lol

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
1:45 PM

Post #8986845

That inchworm and birdie are the cutest! Good box Fruity!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2012
3:13 PM

Post #8986959

Yep just fixin' to go check on the roast and taters and make sure evryone warshes their dirty mitts afore comin' to set.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
4:21 PM

Post #8987076

Michelle, did your DH ever get a chance to take a picture of all the goodies LK/taters55 sent to you, or did I miss the post?

Getting ready to watch the Pro Bowl. I still think it was a bad decision to have it before the Super Bowl. Doing it this way, the guys that are in the Super Bowl don't get to play in the Pro Bowl, even if they are nominated. That stinks. Who wouldn't want to go to Hawaii for the Pro Bowl AND play in the Super Bowl. Oh well, they didn't ask me, but they should have! :-)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
5:11 PM

Post #8987140

Thanks for naming the candle scents, Robin, they are very clean-smelling as are the Jasmine sachets. One is in my undies drawer and the other one is in my sock drawer. Girl, please don't feel you need to send anything else. You've already given me a gracious plenty and am so very grateful to have you and all the other ladies here in my life.

We call coffee with caffeine hightest and decaf coffee unleaded, and ya'll I'm always fixin' to do something. I despise having to lick my calf, which my Mother said means having to do something over. Anybody ever get a hitch in your get-along? Oh, when I was a kid, my least favorite aunt who I swear was part witch would say 'come and set a spell'. She was such a meanie and thought she was surely going to put a curse on me.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
5:25 PM

Post #8987158

LOL Fruity! Oh yes, I get a 'hitch in my gitalong' all the time! I also get 'stove up'. :-)

And here, we call carbonated beverages POP. DH and I call it Pepsi to each other, because that is what we drink.

Have you ever heard of chocolate gravy. I think it is an Okie thing. Had a hired hand ask me to make it and to me, it was like chocolate syrup.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #8987248

Never heard of chocolate gravy. Carbonated beverages are called soda's down here.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2012
7:06 PM

Post #8987310

Me neither, LK. Chocolate and gravy in the same sentence doesn't compute.

Giddy up, Patti! Had to sneak that in with your love of horseback riding. Pepsi is my fav "soft drink"...that's what we call carbonated beverages here...only drink one or two a month, and it's a good day when I score a 12-pack or two of Throwback Pepsi's and scarf them up in a "New York Minute", those are the real deal like we drank when we were kids, minus the bottles.

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2012
12:49 AM

Post #8987552

:) when i met my fiance and moved from city to country i got a laugh at all the wild things he says. He worked for an old farmer who said things like "slick as a cats a$$ on peachstone" can anyone tell me what on earth that means?! Lol
but thats not all. Oneday he yelled out to the dog to get back in his own "dooryard" which i had to google.
And his whole family and one other random girl pronounces gums like "goooms" it's all very funny to me, but when i say funny "city" slang, oh gosh i can't think of anything offhand, he lets me know about it.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2012
1:50 AM

Post #8987568

Don't know a thing wrong with any of those sayings and idioms. Common around these parts. :-)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #8987783

Pretty common here too. Chocolate gravy, haven't had that since I was a kid, that and gravy puddin'.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #8987869

LOL ... isn't it funny with all the sayings that are popular in different parts of the country! lol I'm sure there are other things I say that many have never heard. How about 'hornswaggled'? Which means confused. I know Texans say (or use to) water closet for bathroom or restroom. Or, I'll be danged. Dog gonnit! Dad gummit, Dag nabbit. Aught-o ... I'm letting my 'country' sneak in. tee hee

Goin' to be beautiful here until Friday. 67* today but windy. I don't care about the wind when it is warm. In the upper 60's Tues., Wed. & Thursday. Sure makes me think it is spring! My tulips, jonquils and Easter lilies are coming up! I'm so afraid they will get frozen back. We've had some of our worst winter weather in March and April! But, I'm going to enjoy it while it's here! Lookout Babe, we're goin' ridin'! :-)

This message was edited Jan 30, 2012 9:48 AM
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2012
1:08 PM

Post #8988319

My kids and I all speak a little funny. My mom is from Kansas and my dad is from up-state NY and was a Marine. I was also married to a Marine. We say 'police the area' for cleaning up. We say soda because my mom and grandparents all said soda. With all the moving around over tha last 100 years, English has taken on all kinds of new words and meanings. I love it when I hear something new. It always reminds me that in America, anything can happen.
PS. My box is in the air so my buddy doen't have much longer to wait.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #8988377

Where in Kansas is your mom from? I am from southeast Kansas
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #8988409

She's from Harveyville. It's about 30 mins from Topeka and about 200 years from reality. It's the smallest town I've ever been in. I don't think anyone knows the population for sure. When I was little and my grandparents still lived on the farm, I wanted to grow up and go live there and be a farmer. Thank goodness they sold the farm and moved to town before I grew up. As an adult I now know I would be a terrible farmer. My little patch of dirt is all I can handle. LOL. Also, I'm California born and bred, I'm not trading my weather for anything thats not better.

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

January 30, 2012
4:39 PM

Post #8988561

I call all carbonated bevs "Coke". I guess that has a bad connotation now, but I am old school anyhow.
The saying "get your panties in a wad" still tickles me. It means annoyed or aggravated. It is especially funny to me when applied to very large and sedate men. heehee
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 30, 2012
11:12 PM

Post #8988951

Hi, all.
The good news is that my husband did take a picture. I've finally gotten to try on the slippers and socks (very nice!) and my husband and I each had a cup of the hot white chocolate drink. My husband put a little nutmeg in his, and said it was very good that way. I tried my plain, as it was. I've decided that it's nice and creamy, but I think I'll like it even more if I add some other flavors. Thinking of trying cinnamon and perhaps some almond extract next time :)
Still need to post the pics, so no one missed them. My husband hasn't had a chance to put them up on the web yet, but I'll post the links here as soon as I get them. Sadly, he's back to being unemployed (Monday was his last day), but the good news is that he'll hopefully have some time to get the pics up!
Great boxes that came! And I'm looking forward to finding out what will come next :)
Take care, everyone!
Michelle
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2012
7:05 AM

Post #8989239

Thanks Michelle. Look forward to seeing the pic.

What does your DH do?

Yes Crystal, the panties in a wad is a staple saying here too. LOL

I farmed in KS with exH for 25 years. Then we got into registered cattle and I took care of them. Then my kids and I started to show them when they were in 4H. The last year before the divorce, my DD and I took 12 head to the Kansas State Fair. From 6 months old calf to 2 year old bull. My cattle were all named and all my babies. I do miss my cattle but DO NOT miss the exH. lol

OutlawHeart81

OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 31, 2012
11:10 AM

Post #8989499

Hey!!!!!!! Someone stole my blanket... :( lol
good work synda, he loves it. He pulls it off the back of the couch so he can snuggle it. I like to believe it's because i am always wrapped up in it and he just loves me, but i think he is just claiming it, like everything else in the house.

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

Tina_A
Caddo Mills, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 31, 2012
11:39 AM

Post #8989531

Hey Buddy,
Be on the lookout for your box on Thursday. I hope you enjoy all of your treasures. Tina
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 31, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #8989925

"I cotton to it" I use it all the time and get the funniest looks. I don't know where I picked it up but it was when I was little.
Outlaw, we can never win against our pets, they own us.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2012
5:40 PM

Post #8989964

I've hear that one too, but never used it.

The one I use all the time, Good Lord willin' and the Creek don't rise, people think that means creek as in water but it actually means Creek as in Indian. Indian's 'on the rise' meant they were on the war path or looking for a fight.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 31, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #8989981

LOL. My mom uses that one alot. "Down the road a piece" she uses that all the time. According to my daughter it's no just words. She's lived in Tennessee for years now and says she really misses the Mexican food out here. Of coarse I would love to have Crystals and Steak and Shake out here. Southern food in California is not the same. Darn, if we didn't travel, we wouldn't know what we're missing.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2012
6:04 PM

Post #8990001

Never have heard that expression, Robyn. Does it mean you like something? My folks used to say someone 'living in high cotton' meant they were doing well financially and can hear Alabama's song playing in my head.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 31, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #8990010

Now it's stuck in my head. To cotton to means to prefer, or to take to. I haven't heard high cotton in forever. Maybe it's all the country music that gives us our sayings.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2012
6:17 PM

Post #8990020

I always heard it as tall cotton. I've heard 'down the road a piece', but never used that one myself. Or "living high on the hog" was an expression like tall cotton.

Edited because: SHEESH! I can't spell tonight! lol

This message was edited Jan 31, 2012 8:24 PM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 31, 2012
8:16 PM

Post #8990199

Hi, all.
Crit, he's a Release Engineer. Was hoping the contract position would turn into a regular full-time position, but guess that's not to be...
I've heard some of these sayings, but not all of them. Thanks for the explanation of "and the creek don't rise." Thought it refered to water, but this explanation makes sense :) It's fun to hear where various sayings come from :)
Michelle
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #8990415

how about directions like, 'around the bend and then turn left where the big oak (church, diner, whatever) used to be

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
7:04 AM

Post #8990541

LOL. All the time, BB. :-)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
7:07 AM

Post #8990545

Package went out Monday, it is in the correct state but doesn't say when it will be delivered, sorry for not posting long days at work and early mornings, sort of fill like a vampire, no daylight.

Around here we call a small concrete porch a stoop, when I moved to Texas they had no idea what I was talking about, sitting on the stoop.
Katie bar the door, missourA..rofl, not missourE..., crazier than a loon, rofl, my Mom had a lot of them that sorry to say I can't repeat on here...rofl.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
7:59 AM

Post #8990606

LOL happ... yes, I know several that are not 'politically correct' that I have heard over the years. :-)

Oh yes ... Katie bar the door is one I used a lot when my kids were growing up. lol

We use to do custom harvesting and made our way up through the states from Texas to North Dakota or Montana harvesting crops. I got tickled at some of the sayings I heard along the way!

As far as directions, when we were on the road, I would have my kids watch for 'landmarks' and then have them tell me how to get back to a field. (I drove truck and they rode with me) They always had to pick something that couldn't be moved but a permanent structure or 'landmark'. This came in really handy when my son became an over the road truck driver. He was terrific with directions! I would never let them use something like an old tractor or old car that could be moved. Reason for this was, my ex-H family were also in the same business. (We were the 4th generation) Years before, his grandfather had told his mother how to get to the field to bring supper and used an old tractor that had set at the corner for 30 years as landmark. Well, she drove and drove and drove, ended up getting lost, because she never saw that old tractor. Turned out that the farmer that owned that old tractor had sold it and it had been moved that very day!. lol So, we always looked for landmarks that couldn't be moved.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #8990639

ok i got one my x mil was from arkansas and use to say; well sam
lol who is sam?
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
11:38 AM

Post #8990848

I have cousins homesteading in Arizona. They live about 20 miles past the middle of no where. The directions include a burnt out car and a leaning, abandioned shack and two Y shaped cactus. It's like a treasure hunt with a fadded map.
I define the "middle of no where" as follows
1-no cable service
2-no DSL
3-no pizza delivery
This is where my parents live...

20 miles past the middle of no where add:
4-it takes more than a half hours drive to get a fast food burger
5-no telephone service

I'm not a country girl, I love my fast food.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
1:41 PM

Post #8991016

omg happ(joyce just love you !)
i,ll be back when i get my head out of the pacholli cloud gawd it smells sooo good
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #8991040

ahhh ok im back

got my box!

so excited ok there is aloe socks just love those
patchouli soap, and the most fragrant body oil patchouli forest boy someone was reading lol

the cutest book for a garden diary

cocoa raspberry and mint yummm a darling vase
Mexican dip just ad sour cream hmm wonder if i have to share with dh

wind chime i love the sound, a cool mug it says relax, dream, believe this is filled with chocolate

then a Chesapeake bay candle paradise waters this smells so good

Kansas city coffee cant wait to break into that and a plaque it is adorable!
it says: drink coffee...

do stupid things faster & with more energy just love it.

and a candle that is carmel apple and a gardening calender

thank you so much just made my day

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 11:16 PM

Thumbnail by lizrainey

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
2:13 PM

Post #8991041

and another

Thumbnail by lizrainey

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 1, 2012
2:26 PM

Post #8991050

We have bar ditches, wilder than two cats fightin' under a blanket, purt near, Mississippi mile, colder than a well digger's X#$%.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2012
2:49 PM

Post #8991069

Liz, that was fast I just mailed on Monday at 4pm when I went to lunch, holey cow! Glad you liked it, I really tried to make it just for you.
Yes you taught me alot, I hope the patchouli smells like patchouli, I had never smelled it before. Looked around for it and found it 5 miles from my house which is almost in the middle of no where...rofl. Here is a disclaimer I know nothing about coffee but since it is made here I had to send it to you, I hope it wasn't invaded by all the smells of everything else. As much as I wrapped things I could still smell them...rofl.
So glad you like the plaque, I was worried you might be offended, but then thought surely not, I just thought it was funny, I need one for Diet Pepsi...rolf.
The mug is for a gardener I think, Relax deeply (which we do in the garden), Dream big (which we have to dealing with small seeds, bulbs and plants), and Believe with all your heart (That those tiny seeds, plants and bulbs will flourish next year!)

Enjoy kiddo!
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
2:53 PM

Post #8991073

rouxcrew, some of those I've never heard, can you give us meanings. I thought of one I would love to know where it came from."Just wait, it'll come home to roost". I know this means what goes around comes around, but what I don't know is where does a chicken or rooster go that they need to come home? Anyone have an idea.
Liz-great box. have so much fun tonight.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
2:58 PM

Post #8991085

yes the soap is a true smell, but the body oil wow what a genius at work to combine those two smells

i love all coffee im sure it will be good.
i just loved the plaque just ask Judy (seedtosser) it fits me to a t lol
looking for a space to hang it right now thank you again.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
3:07 PM

Post #8991089

YIPPEEEE! Awesome box there Liz and Joyce! I bet you smell that good stuff clear through the box. Mailperson probably waited until last to deliver so they could smell it a while longer. lol

I wasn't sure of the patchouli smell, so had to stop in one of our local shops and smell it. It DOES smell GOOD! I like the idea of the mug being a gardener's, after you explained it. lol

Yes, the plaque is adorable!!!! Made me laugh out loud!

Well Joy, we have bar ditches too and colder than... lol. But hadn't heard the other two. Least we forget "faster than a New York minute"?

OK... just two more left to get their boxes, and they should be there by the end of the week. This has been so much fun. Love all the personalization to everyones boxes. Just awesome. Be sure and look for the thread for next year's SSS swap. Same time, same channel. lol
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #8991100

thank you for hosting crit

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 1, 2012
3:21 PM

Post #8991106

Our bar ditches are the big ditches that irrigation water runs through to get from the river or pumps to the various fields that need irrigating. Here they are up to 10' deep and straight sided, so when someone talks about bar ditches, it is deep. Mississippi mile is longer than a regular mile, since the Mississippi doesn't run straight. Purt near is almost, "He purt near hit that truck!"
Most men say a well endowed woman looks like two cats fightin' under a blanket if she is "bobbing" along. Or it could be two kids really rough housing, or any chaotic mess.
Well diggers would have pretty cold backsides since they are deep in the ground. Flip side is "Hotter than a (five letter word meaning prostitute) in church on Sunday" Or "Colder than a witch's (three letter word meaning mammary gland) in a brass bra."
Coming home to roost should mean either pigeons or other birds. If you shoot at them to get rid of them, they are only gone for a little while but will come home to roost meaning you didn't get rid of the problem.
Fair to middlin' is from the sales of tobacco, "fair to middlin" was ok, not really spectacular. So when someone says, "How are you?" and you reply, "Fair to middlin'", it means you are doing ok.

Joy
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #8991109

You are more than welcome!!! This has been fun for me too!

As soon as we finish up this thread, I have the Valentines Day swap going on. Then when that one is finished we will have the 'Best of the Blarney' St. Patricks Day swap starting the end of February. Sign ups are closed for the V'day swap, but if anyone is interested in the March swap, sign ups for it start the end of February and run until March 5th. Would love to have all that want another swap to stop by!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
3:59 PM

Post #8991145

Fabulous job, happ. Such sweet sentiments you came up with for the mug too. Liz, I'm a pachouli fan too, love its earthy exotic smell. First time I found the soap and vial of oil was in Chinatown, San Fran, and have been hooked ever since. Sandlewood is another good Winter scent I discovered there too.

Joy, I had visions a bar ditch was the place you landed after a night out drinking...lol My Dad used to say 'fair to middlin' all the time' and hubby does too. Another reply when somebody asked how are you, was 'fine as frog's hair'. A few others I remember are nervous as a whore in church, scarcer than hen's teeth, busy as a cat covering up (doody) on a tin roof, crazy as a bed bug.

Long live Sooooooollll Train and all the great stars that launched their careers there. "What they do!"

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
4:06 PM

Post #8991163

oh ya crit, lol sheer brilliance!

valentine, then st patty's omg i will be in my shopping glory
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
4:41 PM

Post #8991210

This has been so much fun and Crit, you made it so smooth and easy for me. I love all these sayings. Do frogs have hair?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #8991256

LOL @ Joy. Yup, I'm familiar with those too. As for the cat's, here it was 2 cats fightin' in a burlap bag. lol

I always thought it was 'fair to Midland'.

Our 'bar ditches' are the large ditches on the side of the road. Where we harvested in Western Kansas and other places had the big irrigation ditches like you described. Yup, I purt near forgot about some of the others. How about 'harder than pulling hen's teeth'? Sweatin' like or have to pee like a racehorse. LOL ... this is fun!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #8991272

Well you have to catch a frog to find it.

How bout 'she's built like a brick s__t house'. Or 'more nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs'. or 'Watch out for the owl' meaning it's a creepy feeling kind of thing, like someone just got a cold chill cause someone walked over a grave. To some the owl means death if you see one during the day.

We never said creek growing up it was crek, wash was warsh DMIL used to say zink instead of sink.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2012
5:26 PM

Post #8991276

Forgot to say great boxes. This buch has great imaginations.

Wider that the Missouri. Before the Corp of Engineers dredged the river it used to be a mile across in most places. Sweatin like a hot on butcherin' day.
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
5:41 PM

Post #8991305

I'm not catchen' any frogs that don't come from the store and are made of ceramics. I've never seen any of them with hair. It's not an old fashioned saying but I love it anyways..."fairy tales do come true, but how many frogs do I have to kiss".
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
5:49 PM

Post #8991312

Liz, great box! :)
Michelle

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 1, 2012
7:23 PM

Post #8991453

Sometimes I still forget and say wrench instead of rinse.
And Chimley instead of chimney
monkeymomr
San Bernardino, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #8991469

Samich instead of sandwich. I always feel silly 'til I watch the blue collar comedy show and realize I'm normal and all those sandwich people are saying it wrong. LOL
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2012
12:36 AM

Post #8991639

Crit,
Can you start a new page? This one's long enough that it's loading very slowly for me. Was hoping we wouldn't have to start a new one since we're so close to everyone's boxes being received, but I'm starting to worry that it might get too long before everything's posted. Thanks!
Michelle

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
12:52 AM

Post #8991646

Same here, Michelle.

So how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood???

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 2, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #8991735

6 more weeks of winter folks!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
5:53 AM

Post #8991802

Lately if I Ask my dad if something is ok He replies by saying I GUESS IT HAS TO BE Boy Dose that Jerk My chain
Any one elses parent say that . ?
WELL off to fill water jugs for my plants while i can get my car out to the pump :) snow is gone in the 40's today so it is a play date for me :)))) back later .
HAPPY GROUND HOG DAY TO ALL

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #8991805

We haven't even had six weeks of winter weather yet!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
6:43 AM

Post #8991847

Top o' the mornin' to all you SSS'ers!!!! As requested, I have started a new thread for the end of our REVEAL PAGE!

Thanks to everyone for making this swap such a success and making it so easy on me! I love you all!!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1240695/

Please start posting to this thread as some of our participants are having a hard time getting this page to load. Thanks!!!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
7:25 AM

Post #8991915

Robynznest wrote:Well you have to catch a frog to find it.

We never said creek growing up it was crek, wash was warsh DMIL used to say zink instead of sink.

OMG Robyn, those are the words my Mom always used, I just thought it was because she quit school to take care of her Mom who was very ill!...that surprised me to see them! Thank you for the big smile you gave me.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2012
9:32 AM

Post #8992080

you are welcome. this 'Sweatin like a hot on butcherin' day.' was supposed to be 'Sweatin like a pig on butcherin' day'

Thanks Patti heading to new page.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America