did you ever make a spiderweb out of wire?

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

I have been selling beaded spiders and for display making wire webs, any suggestions on how to make these better. thanks,.

Thumbnail by kobwebz
Lucerne Valley, CA(Zone 8a)

Nice! I do make beaded wire webs, but they are larger and with heavier wire (mostly copper) and bif glass beads and globs. I can't find a photo tonight, but I'll get one tomorrow when the sun is shining and post it. I usually use something solid to string it on, a big barrel hoop for instance.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Those are just lovely. Do you sell them on the Marketplace?

Here they are! Not great pics, I'm afraid, but I think you get the idea. They serve as heavy wind chimes here in our very windy desert. I need to get a heaver gauge of rattail wire for them, though; this small gauge breaks after a year or so. :-(

Thumbnail by desert_witch Thumbnail by desert_witch Thumbnail by desert_witch
columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

wow, beautiful !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I love spiders and webs.

Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

Oh I love these! I have like a half dozen wine barrel bands that would work perfect for large webs. I even have some heavy wire and big glass beads I use up on this project. Thanks for the ideas.
I have made indoor spider webs in triangles to put in the corners of a room.
Also some inside of metal hoops for in a window.

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Domehomedee, any pictures? I have a gig at the flea market, permanent indoor and just made a new sign for my shop.

Thumbnail by kobwebz

OK, It's made on a heavy wire triangle. I wrapped it in a fake sinew I bought for making dream catchers. Works pretty good, it's a little more elastic than wire. The spider is just wire and beads.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

That is beautiful.

I love that idea. I'd make one for my house but the real webs would drape it in a week. LOL My home was built in the mid to late 1800's and I'm (slowly- as finances allow) trying to get it caulked. Meantime, it's 2x weekly dusting and web sweeping...(unless of course, it's Spring and I'm in the gaaaaardennnn.....!)

Funny you should mention real spiders liking my fake web. I live in a live oak forest and we have LOTS of spiders. Some are pretty LARGE too, I move the big ones away from the house . . . but plenty of others manage to get in, mostly daddy long legs. They sure are good at multiplying too.
I love the picture of your house. I'm going to have to look up Lucerne Valley on a map. I'm on the central coast near Pismo Beach / San Luis Obispo area.

Oh I love SLO! One of my very best and longest friends lives there. Sadly I haven't been able to make a Cali Coastal road trip for too long! We both enjoy traveling to each other for a weather switch as well as great visit! She comes in Summers to bask in the desert heat, while I love to revel in green when I visit her!

Kobwebz - I love your spiders, I think I'll try to make one like yours with beaded legs.

desert witch - I love the desert, I lived in New Mexico for a year and I would have stayed if the schools were better. SLO is a great place to raise kids and now that mine are all grown they have decided to stay here so I have a 3 year old grand-daughter to play with.
Oh, I figured out where you live. I lived up at Lake Arrowhead my first year away from home (I grew up in Long Beach).

Dee, I lived in NM when I was a teen. I loved it there as well. And yes, Lake Arrowhead is just "up the hill" from me. Arroyo Grande is beautiful. You're making me itch for a road trip, but the gas would kill me!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images