Photo by Melody

Article: The Magical Properties of Rainwater: You wrote something nice!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Magical Properties of Rainwater
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Magical Properties of RainwaterReplies: 0, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

January 25, 2012
9:05 AM

Post #8981757

Hi George,

It's indeed a mystery, as most 'magics' are! I used to water my lily bulbs in my - what I call now - the 'pre-DG era' and used to wonder why they were not throwing up blooms as strongly as I observed them in my younger days in our garden on a neglected area! They all used to spring up when it rained for the first time during the season. What a sight it was! Even when I moved in to my new location, I did not know that in 1998. Slowly, my knowledge widened when the 'DG-era' began... then I stopped watering the bulbs after the rainy [monsoon] season was over. Then they sprang up beautifully, albeit after some months when they dropped their leaves to rest. I did not also know why the leaves dried up. It was only then I began to closely observe how the plants enjoy God's rain rather the rain from the water can! I also observed that the shrubs and trees and plants have a special glow the next morning after it rained. I hope you too observed that. I also collect rainwater. I'm sure you have read my article on this - a couple of years ago, here on DG - it is listed in my homepage. I now have to write another - still pending - because I've improved my filtering system. I want to show that. Filtering is a serious must here because of heavy traffic on our street.

I also enjoy getting wet in rain - it has a magic here also, leave alone plants! Our workplace is about 10 minutes from home. When it is raining not very heavily, I don't wait for it to stop. I just take my scooter, protect my wallet and watch and just move home!

Thanks for your nice article.

Dinu

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Magical Properties of Rainwater Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent! meezersfive 0 Jan 25, 2012 8:42 AM
Can't say enough good about rainwater Cville_Gardener 0 Jan 25, 2012 9:51 AM
Nice article Geoff postmandug 1 Jan 26, 2012 10:39 PM
Great article MargaretK 2 Jan 26, 2012 3:46 AM
catch and release jazzy1okc 2 Jan 30, 2012 5:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America