Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Penang Peach has finally decided to open...

Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 8b)

Hello Everyone,

I have had an infloresence on my Penang Peach since i brought my trees inside in November. When i decided to put some trees away, i didnt really think that this inflo would continue to grow muchless stay on the tree. So i decided it was going into the backroom with some other trees to relax for the winter. Well...i finally felt terrible about my decision and moved it under my T -5 setup that i have upstairs. It has taken awhile for it to finally grow and show me what the beauty of this particular variety has to offer. I have always heard of how beautiful the Penang Peach was and really wanted to see it bloom during the summer so i could see the deep colors that we all have seen in photos or pictures from my friends that have this variety.

When i came home from work, this is what i finally found waiting for me. The colors are beautiful but i cant really smell any fragrance. I would assume because of the growing conditions that it is in ( i am certainly not complaining!!! : ) I am so happy to see the colors that it does display. Really, i was prepared to have lighter colors since the time of the year.

Hope you all are having a mild winter!!!

Take care,

Laura

Thumbnail by loveplants2VB
Virginia Beach, VA(Zone 8b)

Here is another picture of this bloom... I think it shows the colors better!!!

Take care,

Laura

Thumbnail by loveplants2VB
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.