Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Plumerias: Penang Peach has finally decided to open...

Communities > Forums > Plumerias
bookmark
Forum: PlumeriasReplies: 2, Views: 54
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
loveplants2VB
Virginia Beach, VA
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #8983573

Hello Everyone,

I have had an infloresence on my Penang Peach since i brought my trees inside in November. When i decided to put some trees away, i didnt really think that this inflo would continue to grow muchless stay on the tree. So i decided it was going into the backroom with some other trees to relax for the winter. Well...i finally felt terrible about my decision and moved it under my T -5 setup that i have upstairs. It has taken awhile for it to finally grow and show me what the beauty of this particular variety has to offer. I have always heard of how beautiful the Penang Peach was and really wanted to see it bloom during the summer so i could see the deep colors that we all have seen in photos or pictures from my friends that have this variety.

When i came home from work, this is what i finally found waiting for me. The colors are beautiful but i cant really smell any fragrance. I would assume because of the growing conditions that it is in ( i am certainly not complaining!!! : ) I am so happy to see the colors that it does display. Really, i was prepared to have lighter colors since the time of the year.

Hope you all are having a mild winter!!!

Take care,

Laura

Thumbnail by loveplants2VB
Click the image for an enlarged view.

loveplants2VB
Virginia Beach, VA
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2012
6:35 PM

Post #8983582

Here is another picture of this bloom... I think it shows the colors better!!!

Take care,

Laura

Thumbnail by loveplants2VB
Click the image for an enlarged view.

WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

January 26, 2012
6:48 PM

Post #8983593

Beautiful.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plumerias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
What about a "new forum" for plumerias? Plumeriagod 56 Apr 25, 2007 2:15 AM
Feeding CaCajun 9 May 12, 2007 12:09 AM
underplanting plumies vossner 21 May 19, 2008 10:33 PM
have neve hard this happen to one of my plumies before junglebob 56 Sep 19, 2007 3:28 AM
Panama plumies vossner 53 Apr 15, 2007 11:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America