-
AuthorContent
fernman23
HENDERSON, NV
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2012
7:26 PM

Post #8983625

My Cannas have stayed very healthy looking for the most part, and even have Blooms in January, its mild now,60s-ish during the day and 30-40s at nite. Does There exist any preexisting experience on IF~ or HOW much, I should do as Far as cutting them back? Should I just take off the unsightly leaves? They are Tropicannas.
THANKS!!!
Abutilon
Coal Center, PA
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2012
9:30 PM

Post #8983700

Remove the unsightly foliage. Also, you can cut the finished stalks to the level of the rest of the foliage or to the ground.
In your zone they are perennial plants. Cool they are still blooming :)
I have 'Pink Butterflies' still blooming in the greenhouse here in January higher elevation zone 6. Just awesome!
As it has stayed blooming this long, it will probably bloom all the way to spring :)
Good growing!
fernman23
HENDERSON, NV
(Zone 9a)

March 2, 2012
10:07 PM

Post #9027837

WOW HOWDY, LOL... just finished the other Email from you, thank for the tips on my Canna!!! I have a flower still, NOW~ it is insane weather too we are getting a week of 70s now; so i keep fertilizing every month for them. I took the bad looking leaves off and cut back 70% of the stalks that were not looking Thick or healthy as others so i guess i did right, Hope the other Email on the Honeysuckles helps you out...
~Namaste~
darren

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cannas Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Canna You Help? scooterbug 5 Sep 2, 2008 5:48 PM
Tropicanna Canna is sick Kell 49 May 2, 2012 9:10 PM
Resources thread - your feedback, please Terry 9 Jun 1, 2013 10:58 AM
the way i do my canna seeds phicks 14 May 22, 2007 11:09 PM
The ugly cannas bwilliams 60 Nov 5, 2007 8:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America