Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Perennial Canna??

HENDERSON, NV(Zone 9a)

My Cannas have stayed very healthy looking for the most part, and even have Blooms in January, its mild now,60s-ish during the day and 30-40s at nite. Does There exist any preexisting experience on IF~ or HOW much, I should do as Far as cutting them back? Should I just take off the unsightly leaves? They are Tropicannas.
THANKS!!!

Coal Center, PA(Zone 6a)

Remove the unsightly foliage. Also, you can cut the finished stalks to the level of the rest of the foliage or to the ground.
In your zone they are perennial plants. Cool they are still blooming :)
I have 'Pink Butterflies' still blooming in the greenhouse here in January higher elevation zone 6. Just awesome!
As it has stayed blooming this long, it will probably bloom all the way to spring :)
Good growing!

HENDERSON, NV(Zone 9a)

WOW HOWDY, LOL... just finished the other Email from you, thank for the tips on my Canna!!! I have a flower still, NOW~ it is insane weather too we are getting a week of 70s now; so i keep fertilizing every month for them. I took the bad looking leaves off and cut back 70% of the stalks that were not looking Thick or healthy as others so i guess i did right, Hope the other Email on the Honeysuckles helps you out...
~Namaste~
darren

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.