Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Anyone grow "Fame" ???

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I just purchased a bare root "Fame" rose and would be interested in comments from anyone who has it.

Garden City, ID

Gorgeous rose - perhaps one of the prettiest reds. Lots of blooms, trouble free. I have mine where it gets only morning and late afternoon sun (6 hours of sun a day).

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

How is it as far as disease resistance ?
I just started liking that color, so I bought it w/o doing much research on it !

Louisville, KY(Zone 6a)

I love my Fame rose. I would call it hot pink, rather than red. It is about 4 ft. tall and pumps out the blooms. They also last a long time on the bush. I spray for blackspot every few weeks, so I can`t address to it`s health. I am in Louisville, KY. so out climate is very different. I hope you enjoy this rose. I find it to be a real stand-out in my landscape. Lesley

Garden City, ID

I live in a fairly disease-free environment - although my Fame does get regular watering from the lawn. No problems.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks all of you for your responses. The disease issue was what I was mainly concerned about. Can't wait to see how this one performs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.