Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: The Magical Properties of Rainwater: Electrical Storms Enhanse Rainwater

Communities > Forums > Article: The Magical Properties of Rainwater
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Magical Properties of RainwaterReplies: 0, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AGCcutter
Dallas, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 30, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #8988588

First let me say that is a great article. I've experienced many of the same maladies from tap-water. I wanted to give you some information I got from one of the TV networks news programs about 20 years ago. I have also seen this info repeated on cable's Weather Channel at a later date. It seems there was an old farmer's belief in Russia that the season's crops would be bountiful if there was a lot of lightning with the spring storms. This story had been around for many years. Some meteorologists decided to "do the science" and see if there was any truth to the belief. They found that the electrical charge released into the atmosphere during lightning causes the molecules in rainwater to bond with an extra nitrogen atom from the air. This makes the rainwater richer in nitrogen, sort of a weak fertilizer solution. I've always thought this helps explain why one good thunderstorm will green the lawn and everything else when a whole summer of hose watering does not do one tenth as much good. Thanks again, I always enjoy your articles.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Magical Properties of Rainwater Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent! meezersfive 0 Jan 25, 2012 8:42 AM
You wrote something nice! Dinu 0 Jan 25, 2012 9:05 AM
Can't say enough good about rainwater Cville_Gardener 0 Jan 25, 2012 9:51 AM
Nice article Geoff postmandug 1 Jan 26, 2012 10:39 PM
Great article MargaretK 2 Jan 26, 2012 3:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America