Photo by Melody

Weather: February Weathercan spring be near ?

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 164, Views: 801
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 1, 2012
5:14 AM

Post #8990406

Foggy 29║ going for the 40's.

Forgive the mistake in the title, it is early!

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 7:15 AM

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
5:45 AM

Post #8990436

Happy February everyone! Today sunny and up to 76, looks like some rain coming tomorrow...hope so...we really need it.

Mike seriously you live in Hawaii and can't even swim??? Thirty foot waves are amazing...even when there is a hurricane out over the ocean Florida doesn't get much more than ten foot waves.

pepper my friends in Springfield still talk about that ice storm you had. This winter has been nice for us, the past three has been terribly cold for Florida, Canadians down here last year were telling us it was colder here than in Canada. We even had some snow in December the winter of 2010.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
7:45 AM

Post #8990587

35║ and overcast. Rain later and then snow tonight.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 1, 2012
4:52 PM

Post #8991223

34 & foggy today. Didnt see the sun at all. :( Cooler tomorrow and continuing to decline through the weekend. Hope there is sun.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 1, 2012
5:28 PM

Post #8991279

61 for a high and sunny with calm winds. Old man winter returns this weekend it looks like with highs only in the 40s.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 1, 2012
6:24 PM

Post #8991357

We had sun all day. Went to Kato this afternoon. Foggy there until about 3 PM.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #8991408

It rained off and on all day. We still need the rain, just not the headaches with the change in weather.

In a Fibro flare AGAIN, with so much to be done over at Mom's house. We need to get it completely cleared out so we can put it on the market.

Love flip flops Sherri! I can see your Mom's point of view tho...haha!

We lived in Hawaii, and I can't swim very well either...

Hope everyone is well...Minn. hope you are feeling better...you too Billy!

Jeanne

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 1, 2012
7:10 PM

Post #8991433

cloudy with light drizzle but not as cold. Wind had dropped. supposed to be great weather for the next 4 or 5 days then rain.

Most folks imagine people living in Hawaii are tanned, spend days at the beach under palm trees and surf all day just like Hawaii 5 0. That's what the typical tourist does. You'd be amazed at how much we look like the rest of the US folks. Other than our great weather, no snakes or troublesome wild animals (except pigs) we spend our lives just like everyone else, working hard trying to pay the bills, no tan and no time for the beach, stuck in traffic. Gas is now $4.28 a gallon. But gardening is King!

Mike
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 1, 2012
8:22 PM

Post #8991532

Fog until 10am tomorrow. Current temp is 32.
1996 it was -17 with 13" of snow...tomorrow's temp should be 39 and the only snow is that piled in some parking lots. Mid to high 30's for the next week...

Jeanne, hope your flare passes soon. Hope my headache does also...still have it. completing day 6 by heading to bed.
Night all. Have a good Ground Hog Day tomorrow :)

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
3:28 AM

Post #8991693

27░/51░/32░
Through 10am: Low clouds, fog and poor visibilities will continue throughout the period.
Areas of freezing fog early. Partly cloudy. Winds light and variable.

Sherrie
It's amazing how much better I feel today. I hit the fruit, water and fruit juices hard. Sickness comes from a body off the PH balance. I apparently needed to eat acid to turn alkaline.

I wouldn't be a happy camper without a fire either :o(

Oh my gosh! Izzy is my Zoe!

Mike,
As soon as I saw ''30' waves,'' I thought about all the people who flock to catch the really big ones. They aren't all good at surfing, so they cause rescue headaches.

Pepper!
Read what you just wrote. Are you sure you want snow? Cracking up!!

Bernie,
It just makes it easier to find the thread :o)

Jeanne,
You have fibro sympathy from me.

Mike,
Grinning over the misconceptions :o)

Happy Groundhogs Day all!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2012
3:59 AM

Post #8991705

59░/80░/59░ chance of rain..but mostly clear...what ever that means?

Billy glad you are feeling better...me too, I actually slept through the night for the first time in a week last night. I'm gonna get out and walk today..as soon as sun rises. That always makes me feel better.

Mike it is the same in Florida, all the tourist are real nice and tan...and we are not, but I do have a farmer's tan...lol. And we have lots of traffic...ugh! I hate if I ever have to go to Orlando...it is the worst place to drive.

Jeanne hope you get all you need to do...sorry about the flare up...not a good time for that.

So wonder if the old ground hog will see his shadow today?
Have a great day everyone.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 2, 2012
5:37 AM

Post #8991788

Groundhog has seen his shadow & is back in the hole.
Sun is coming up on an entirely clear sky.
6 more weeks of winter like we've had so far can't be bad.
29║ going for 38║.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
7:09 AM

Post #8991888

An inch of snow is out there now and it's just snowing now. I can see blue patches emerging. 34║
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 2, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #8992579

Still in the 60s but it's the last day!! Tomorrow rain here while up north and out west they have blizzards (no fair) but we need the rain so not too many complaints. LOL
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 2, 2012
10:28 PM

Post #8992897

More Rain! My front yard looks like a mini forest. I'll have to call the mowers if it ever stops raining. The grass seed they put down should be rooting. I need to get some Scotts Weed and Feed for them to put out also.

I agree...6 more weeks of this...minus all the rain would not be bad...70's in the day and 50 to 60 in the night...OK! This past month it ihas been nice!

My body must be craving Vit C. I have been eating tangerines and oranges like crazy!

Hope everyone is feeling better!

Minn, Swanson Vitamins has a Migraine Relief pill that does help. My DS takes it. He also takes COQ10 and that has helped alot. Hope you get to feeling better.

Pepper ...snow...are you serious?

Talk about traffic...try Houston. It is bad! I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. So many people drive it everyday and think nothing of it...including my daughter. I do not like traffic... Even Baytown is growing so much that the traffic is getting bad, it's unreal.

Take care...

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2012
3:47 AM

Post #8992954

33░/43░/33░
Through 11am: Low clouds, fog and poor visibility conditions will improve around 8am.
Areas of dense morning fog. Mostly cloudy this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon.Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Sherri,
LOL over the farmer's tan. I used to too till I started wearing tanktops!

Celia,
You always have snow and here's Pepper, pining away for some!

Jeanne,
Mini forest. Awesome!! I'd take any green right now. I wonder if we'll slide right into spring this year. We have before, but we end up with an early winter too :o(

But, I'm with Bernie, so far this is a winter I can handle. I don't think we have a good freeze in the ground yet.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 3, 2012
6:02 AM

Post #8993061

65░/75░/61░ Cloudy this morning, chance of rain, there is blip-age on the radar so maybe it will happen today, didn't yesterday, was sunny all day long.

Here is an interesting clip my DH sent me about animals and weather...I know when my dog was alive she knew before I did when a bad thunderstorm was coming.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/02/03/good-question-can-animals-predict-the-weather/

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2012
8:59 AM

Post #8993252

Yes, we always have it come down but it isn't staying. Dec., we had .03" of precipitation. We're have about half the inches we should have.

37║ and sunny. Yea!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 3, 2012
3:55 PM

Post #8993737

Okay ya all...Adina she wins the snow picture award of the season...check these out...OMG!

[HYPERLINK@plus.google.com]
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 3, 2012
4:22 PM

Post #8993775

Wow!! Havent seen that much snow in a few years!
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2012
4:37 PM

Post #8993790

Warm, but cloudy and muggy. Had to run errands today. Went to eat out...Chinese...Overall good day!

Have a great weekend all!

Jeanne
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 3, 2012
5:29 PM

Post #8993867

That was us after the blizzard last year. I loved it!! LOL

Today, cold with our high in the low 40s and rain all day. Brief break right now then it will start up again and sometime tomorrow we will get a rain/snow mix.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 4, 2012
12:32 PM

Post #8994574

Clear blue skies, no wind and a blue haze of VOG settling around the island. Expected to stay like this for three or four days. Temps won't go above about 77f.

The VOG creates great sunsets which we can't see from where we live. Couldn't resist posting this sunset. Driving back from a visit to Costco in Kona yesterday evening the timing was just right.

Mike

Thumbnail by microb
Click the image for an enlarged view.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 4, 2012
12:35 PM

Post #8994576

Here's another. I should have stayed longer at the scenic lookout to try and see the green flash at the moment the sun disappears. That's the Pacific ocean The clouds were really low and fluffy.

Thumbnail by microb

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2012
2:27 PM

Post #8994695

Pretty!!! The green flash is worth the wait. I miss the ocean...sigh...
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 4, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #8994777

Look what I had to start :)

Thumbnail by minnesippi

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 4, 2012
6:44 PM

Post #8994942

Gorgeous Microb!

Minn, what kind of plants are those?

I've been thinking of starting some seeds. It's been so warm here. It rained all last night and off and on most of the day. My mini forest in the front yard is growing rapidly!

Hi Amanda!

Jeanne
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 4, 2012
6:58 PM

Post #8994949

the tiny bloom is muscari. tulips, daffs - loaded with bulbs.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 4, 2012
7:14 PM

Post #8994971

AAAAHHHHH...my Grandma used to grow tulips! I picked her a bouquet when I was only three yrs old! The stems were so short she could hardly float them in a bowl! She just said, "Oh, Jeannie!" She wasn't any too happy over my present!
What can I say..."I tried!" Honestly!

Jeanne

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 5, 2012
5:54 AM

Post #8995260

Tulips are so pretty...can't grow them in FL...way too hot. Don't you just love watching green popping up out of dirt. :)

We might get rain today, more of a prediction in the next week...of course because we are going camping...but hey that is okay because it is really needed here. Pretty much in the upper 70's and lows in the 60's all week long.

Mike nice sunset photos.

All my azaleas are coming out nicely...

Thumbnail by sunkissed

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 5, 2012
6:39 AM

Post #8995304

Early May I will post tulip pictures.
Overcast today. 29║
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 5, 2012
5:53 PM

Post #8995983

Yesterday we had a cold drizzle all day and night. Was supposed to change over to snow and we were to get an inch. I woke up to sunshine and mild temps. What a storm!! Ha!! LOL!!

Highs around 48 today. Very nice!!!

Watching Superbowl. Rooting for Giants but they need to get moving again!!
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 5, 2012
6:33 PM

Post #8996029

No rain but it turned Chilly out. Not sure what the official temp was but my therm. said 59 this afternoon. I wore a jacket out. Supposed to be cool again tomorrow so I switched the AC back to heat for the night.

Jeanne
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 5, 2012
6:49 PM

Post #8996052

They were calling for 40 today. It teetered at 29.3 in my yard all day. Damp chill to the air - so I had to go make a retail therapy run to Lowes...

Thumbnail by minnesippi

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 5, 2012
6:59 PM

Post #8996065

LOL! Those are very pretty! That's what I need! Retail Therapy! haha!

I have to go to Lowes to get some Weed and Feed, and some soil so I can start some seeds! I may have to see if they have any plants discounted or that need rescued!

Were those on sale?
Jeanne
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 5, 2012
7:24 PM

Post #8996095

most were, yes :)
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 5, 2012
7:38 PM

Post #8996107

Great! I'll look around when I go tomorrow!

The weather said the high today was only 54. High tomorrow 59, no rain.

20% rain on Tuesday. I need to water the Green House plants!

My daughter gave me a Jasmine vine. I found an a pot with some soil in it so stuck it in there. I will have to cover it with more soil later. Just what I need! My other one has almost taken over my gazebo. I think I'll have it moved in the Spring.

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 6, 2012
3:18 AM

Post #8996262

29░/44░/28░
Areas of patchy fog early. Partly cloudy skies. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

I seem to spend my time catching up. I guess having the boys over the weekend is just going to change my computer habits :o)

We played with leggos, play-doh and cars. They did computer while I mended my warm hunting socks. I watched them play and we just ran around doing this and that.

Now it's Monday and back to housework :o(

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 6, 2012
5:15 AM

Post #8996325

64░/79░/61░ Clear and blue now, but a chance of afternoon rain. And this is unusual but some tropical action going on down south Florida. The last time Florida had a tropical storm as early as February was in 1952, they called it the "Groundhog storm".
We got some good rain yesterday evening, first time in well over two weeks, maybe even three.

Minnie like your plants...I went to my favorite nursery on Feb. first...got some nice herbs and planted them...if felt so good to buy plants again...lol.

Billy playing with those grand kids is better than sitting on a computer any day...my grandson was here for a bit yesterday and loved playing in the motor-home that is in the driveway...he calls it the "house bus".

Well ya all have a great week, hopefully I get some good hiking and kayaking in...weather permitting...that tropical thing needs to stay south...even though the rain would be nice...just not while camping.

I got cats on my milkweed...how cool is that...in Feb. Eggs too.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 6, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #8996337

Sunny 24░

I look outside and there is frost on my shed's roof and on the grass...

Dogs go outside for about 3 minutes then back inside quickly sure it so chilly...
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 6, 2012
12:21 PM

Post #8996851

It's gorgeous out! The sun is shining, slight breeze, and cool. My thermometer said 62!

We have to go run more errands so it will be perfect!

I'm going to look at plants when we go to Lowes!

Jeanne

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 6, 2012
1:48 PM

Post #8996963

Same here, maybe not quite that warm.
Beautiful day!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 6, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #8997206

Cold this morning with freezing fog. Warmed up to low 50s and sunshine. All in all a very nice day.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 6, 2012
5:37 PM

Post #8997239

Clear skies, a light south westerly breeze and hot. 3.30pm and the thermometer outside the window I'm at on the shady side of the house says 80f. What happened to our Hawaiian winter, - more rain and temps nearer 70f would be nice.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 6, 2012
5:47 PM

Post #8997249

We got the Scotts weed and feed and some potting soil, but I did not see any plants of interest.

They did have some nice palms for 12.97, but I already have palms in the GH. I'd rather wait until Spring. I don't think we will have another freeze, but then you never know!

Jeanne

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 6, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #8997340

Trying new deal again.
Kitchen & bath we did earlier this past year.

This message was edited Feb 6, 2012 8:59 PM

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2012
1:11 AM

Post #8997545

Oh, I LOVE your cabinets! They are sooooo pretty!

How did you post four pix in one message?

Jeanne

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 7, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #8997641

Simple look at browse.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 7, 2012
5:58 AM

Post #8997681

Wow! It new to me to add more upload up to 5 images! Cool!

Cloudy 37░ RealFeel« 41░

Later on tonight
Flurries Lo 27░ RealFeel« 24░

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
9:31 AM

Post #8997943

We've been asking fro this feature for years. Ha! Finally!

35║, calm and sunny. We may make it to 45║.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 7, 2012
10:23 AM

Post #8997985

Favorites from the past summer.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens   Thumbnail by CountryGardens

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
11:51 AM

Post #8998071

Love the one with the kitty guarding the strawberries. LOL
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 7, 2012
5:18 PM

Post #8998395

Colder and miserable again. Started misting this afternoon and will continue til sometime tomorrow. Will wake up to fog and mist again in the morning.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2012
3:34 AM

Post #8998757

27░/30░/18░
Lots of sunshine. High around 30F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Sherri,
It's unusual for all of us this year. We had a mist yesterday.
Yes, it is good to have the kids around.
Aww on the cat!

Rusty,
I always get a smile over the dogs running right back in the house. I'll bet they left melted footprints on the deck, :o)

Jeanne,
I almost envy your weather, but since I'm not really ready to start spring work, I'll wait for mine.

Mike,
One thing I can do is hot. I just sit in the shade with a big insulated glass of iced tea, or just ice water, and savor being outside.

Bernie,
It's always a pleasure to see your work. Since DH builds things, I know what an expert and craftsman you really are!
Those are just beautiful!!
Awesome!! Finally able to post more than one picture!

Pepper,
You and me both on the fog.

It's DD day!

Yesterday I made no bake cookies. Since they reduced the fat content in the ''Imperial, Parkay, Blue Bonnet, etc. baking butters, the cookies ARENT the same.

I also found the rest of the Hershey Kisses in the cupboard and made Peanut Blossoms. Is it just me or has the milk chocolates all gone rank? I ate the little tips that fell off and all I tasted was a wang with no sweetness. They weren't white and I had them sealed since Christmas baking. I just don't like Hershey anymore. I actually had to eat a Dove to get the wang out of my mouth :o)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 8, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #8999671

Another cold and miserable day. Had some sleet this morning and we barely got above the freezing mark. Sun came out briefly around 5pm then clouds rushed back in. Temps will be dropping steadily for the rest of the week with our low point on Sat when we only reach high 20s. Some snow possible tomorrow though not enough to mention. Again.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2012
8:42 PM

Post #8999917

Sun shining but chilly! It's supposed to be high - sixties, low am forties, average Feb. weather! I finally watered the plants in the GH.

Beautiful gardens!

I am so glad we can now post more pix in one message!

Try and stay warm!

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
3:13 AM

Post #9000014

18░/34░/22░
Sunny. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Pepper,
That's miserable weather!

Jeanne,
Today is our last nice day for a couple of days. I'd be happy with your cold :o)

I spent all day at DD's and had a great day with the twins. They are used to me now and their Mom can go outside without them wondering where she went. They are 8 months and at that ''scared of strangers'' age. They hadn't seen their other Grandma for a couple weeks and almost cried when she talked to them. That's why I go every Wednesday and spend the day. Then see them Friday when we pick up the boys.

Pictures... They both just love those Sponge Bob slippers!

Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter   Thumbnail by billyporter

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 9, 2012
4:41 AM

Post #9000056

40 today...14 tomorrow :(

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 9, 2012
10:44 AM

Post #9000435

Dry and cool and sunny

Dec 2011 - 39 inches of rain, January 2012 - 4 inches of rain February so far - one tenth of an inch.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 9, 2012
5:08 PM

Post #9000952

Highs in the low 40s today with clouds looking like they could drop snow any second. We have a small chance of snow tomorrow but only about 20%. Temps won't leave the 20s.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9001169

We're supposed to have sunny skies and 50║ tomorrow. Woohoo!
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 9, 2012
8:13 PM

Post #9001198

The babies are so precious! Just enjoy them...the garden can wait until Spring!!!!!

I need to get out there and pull some weeds in the daylily bed when it warms back up!

It is supposed to be 38 Sun morning I think they said...as long as it doesn't freeeze!
My plants that aren't in the GH will be OK.

I could not live where it really gets COLD! I ache just with it chilly. I have been forced to put on slacks, socks, and a long sleeve shirt...in the house!!!!!! I mean that is drastic...SOCKS! No sandals...no bare feet...what's a southerner to do????
It's been wet enough we could actually put a fire in the fireplace Sat. night! That would be fun.

I do think we will have an early Spring!. The mowers came today so my mini forest is gone. They put out the weed and feed. I probably should water if it doesn't rain tomorrow. Hopefully this will help make it have green grass like it was before the drought killed it and it was completely brown. What a battle to keep things alive the past few years!

Maybe things will finally calm down for awhile and not go from one extreme to the other!!!!

It has been soooo beautiful this year so far!!!! My ferns outside the greenhouse look good, and the jasmine and camelia are in bloom. I should have taken pictures today.
I have red and pink camelia. I just love them, they are so round and full!

Have a great weekend!

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
3:11 AM

Post #9001357

33░/29░/10░
Mostly cloudy skies. Winds NNW at 20 to 30 mph.

Minnesippi,
That's quite a drop! We're cooling off slower.

Mike,
Precipitation averages around 34 inches per year for the State of Iowa, ranging from 26 inches in the extreme northwest to as much as 38 inches in the southeast. However, annual totals vary widely from year to year and locality to locality.
Annual totals have varied from as little as 12.11 inches at Clear Lake in 1910 and Cherokee in 1958 to as much as 74.50 inches at Muscatine in 1851. For Iowa, during the period of reliable statewide records (since 1873) the year 1993 was the wettest (48.22 inches) and 1910 the driest (19.93 inches).

I live 20 miles from Muscatine.

Pepper,
We have had so many days it looked like rain or snow and got nothing.

Celia,
WooHoo is right!

Thanks Jeanne,
I sure do enjoy them. They make me laugh!
I've been known to wear thermals and a shirt and sweater in the house :o)
My neighbor's Son lives in the south and I was suprised to hear he has to seed a new lawn every year. That would be very tiring. Our grass goes dormant and with hand weeding and a few chemicals, we have a very nice lawn in the spring. If we get no rain the grass can go brown and crispy in the sun, but rain brings it back. Our yard used to be mostly Kentucky Bluegrass and now has fescues mixed in. Bluegrass is the prettiest lawn, but the least hardiest.
It sure sounds beautiful there!

One last warm day before it turns cold and windy. We get the boys tonight and I need to bring in toys and the cots from the porch, to warm up. They've been into the Leggos and cars after playing on the computer for a few weeks. Soon we will get to play outside!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 10, 2012
5:33 AM

Post #9001458

Fog 37░ RealFeel« 34░

Tonight:
Partly Cloudy Lo 11░ RealFeel« -5░

Monday will be mixed rain and snow (sleet)... I hope no sleet coming cause I has to take JuJu for shots!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #9001675

Does JuJu like to go for rides in the car? Good luck!

Well, it's cloudy and 40║. It doesn't look like we'll warm up quite as much as our new weatherman said. We'll see..

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 10, 2012
8:30 AM

Post #9001701

kwanjin wrote:Does JuJu like to go for rides in the car? Good luck!.

Yes, she like to ride in my van or truck in spring and fall...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2012
12:43 PM

Post #9001941

Cold, with temps hovering around 32 and sunny. The wind has picked up some today too.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 10, 2012
3:09 PM

Post #9002148

16 was the high today...wont be much warmer tomorrow.
Normally we would have 56" of snow...we dont even have a trace on the ground. Some in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday, but nothing more than a trace again.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9002182

At 4:30pm, it is 56║ and sunny. I took the opportunity to plant some daylily seeds in cups. I'll bring them in when the sun goes down. So gorgeous out, I'm going back out after posting here.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 10, 2012
3:50 PM

Post #9002201

Perfect day today. Light trade winds, some clouds and a light rain last night to save the plants. 75f

We have to watch the rainfall closely as we live on a catchment water system. Our only supply is what we get off the roof into our 10,000 gallon tank. For those not familiar we have a pump, pressure tank and two filters between us and the tank. Pump runs on electricity so if power goes out we have no water. Barely enough sun to use solar panels.

Garden hose water for greenhouses comes from the same tank. Sometimes bucket water from the ponds for the plants, ducks and geese.

Just starting to notice the water tankers doing business as tanks get low. Could cost $150 to get 2000 gallons of water delivered. We are OK with our big tank but some folks only have 5000 gallon tanks and big families. We do have water spigots on the road side here and there where folks fill up bottles as needed from county water supply..

I imagine some rural areas of the mainland must have similar systems.

Mike
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 10, 2012
5:35 PM

Post #9002293

Temps have dropped quite a bit since this afternoon. We are down to 24 degrees now and dropping.

Expecting 2-4 inches of snow on Monday. Whoooppppeeeeeeeee!!!!! We need it sooo bad!!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9002366

We had 56║ today! The sun came out around 3pm and it was wonderful!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
2:47 AM

Post #9002510

11░/19░/7░
Sunny. Cold. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.
Sunrise: 7:06 am

Mike,
Your set-up suprised me. Dinu in India also catches water. We are lucky to have a hand pump by the garden and I would actually like to have another on the other side of the property and, one in the house. We don't have city water yet and I will hate paying for it if we ever do.

Pepper,
Same story here. Temps dropped all day. Today is going to feel raw!

Celia,
WOW! Almost 60. That's like the end of April here :o)

Stay warm everyone!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2012
4:11 AM

Post #9002535

Mostly Cloudy 11░ RealFeel« -7░

Oh gee! It's so chilly now and my dogs just zoom outside and back inside!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
9:52 AM

Post #9002904

42║ and snow on it's way in a day or two. Sigh...

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9003243

Special Weather Statement:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/joplin-mo/64801/weather-warnings/329440

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2012
5:17 PM

Post #9003360

Very cold!! Our high was around 27 and sunny. Now we are down to 23 and will get down to single digits tonight. Snow on the way tomorrow night. I'm locking my hubs when I get home from the Lawn and Garden Show at Kemper!!

Whitney Houston has died. I just found out. She was 48.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
10:39 PM

Post #9003657

It is supposed to be 35. but it is already after midnight and the therm says 41. It was chilli out today, but just needed a jacket. It is supposed to rain twice this week and then warm up again, so since we're halfway thru Feb. I think we'll have more warm days!

I really do think we'll have an early Spring!

Try and stay warm y'all!

Amanda, I heard that too! That is so sad. She was still young! What a beautiful voice!
She will be truly missed!

Jeanne

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 12, 2012
4:13 AM

Post #9003698

Hey all back from camping and so is the cold weather. 33/54/35...got home just in time to get all the plants back into the porch...ugh! My caterpillars grew quite a bit while gone, some were on in ground plants so they stayed out last night, I covered with an umbrella and tarp. Some on container milkweed so they are safe on the porch.

Wow five photos...how cool is that..

Lots to catch up on...sort of skimmed over everything, Billy all the babies so cute and I love the T-shirt, and CG love the cabinets and the wonderful garden photos, how I'd love to have all that room to grow things...and a green house.

I'll catch up more later on after more coffee.

Sherri

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 12, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9003771

Winter Weather Advisory:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/joplin-mo/64801/weather-warnings/329440

Sunny 13░ RealFeel« 22░

Look alike going have 3.5 inches of snow on the way...I check the hourly forecast will be around 1 am...

I m off to store before snow on the way...
Stay warm...
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2012
1:01 PM

Post #9004201

Hi everyone...I'm still lurking around here...

It's cold (low 20's) and windy here in NW Pa. with around a foot of new snow on the ground. I used the snow-blower this morning for only the third time this year--quite a departure from last winter when it seemed it snowed constantly.

Another warm-up is coming in a few days with highs around 40. Spring is near!

BP...You have a couple of cuties there!

Photo: A little splash of color in my winter landscape.
Photo 2: Chairs

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer   Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 12, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9004618

Currently 30 degrees out. Winter Weather Advisory starting at 6am and lasting til midnight.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2012
12:52 AM

Post #9004756

Flurries 30░ RealFeel« 16░

Now it flurries!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
5:01 AM

Post #9004829

Chance of snow 70%. Snowfall of about half an inch through 11:30am.
This afternoon:
Snow likely. High 31F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 90%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.
Sunrise: 7:04 am

I was having trouble with my mail, so I just did system restore this morning and it's working.

Rusty,
Your dogs make me laugh!

Pepper,
I hope you get snow :o)

Hi Early,
I always enjoy your pictures! Color is most welcome and that's a beautiful way to bring it :o)
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 13, 2012
5:08 AM

Post #9004838

It is 29 degr. in Augusta and in my yard a lonly robin bird looking for something. The birds always drink out of the dog's water container, but it is frozen over.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 13, 2012
5:28 AM

Post #9004847

Flurries 28░ RealFeel« 20░

Dogs love to play in snow again then JuJu zoom inside so Rusty like to stay outside too cold for him...

Thumbnail by JuJu55   Thumbnail by JuJu55

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 13, 2012
7:01 AM

Post #9004978

My birdbath is frozen this morning...lol. Now that is cold for Florida. They say up to 80 by Thursday, poor plants will be so confused.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 13, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #9005655

Mid 30s for a high. Started out with snow then it switched to a drizzle this afternoon. Got about 2 inches of snow. Now expecting freezing rain overnight. Morning commute will be a pain again.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 13, 2012
5:57 PM

Post #9005700

Oh boy, all that winter weather chat. Doesn't anyone else live in the tropics.. Chance of snow zero today, same tomorrow. Chilly 78f with fluffy white clouds. Little or no wind. Some rain over night but stopped by 7am, Might be some more showers tonight.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 14, 2012
12:52 AM

Post #9005952

More winter talk here !LOL
Sun, thanks for posting the link to my pics...and for the award!LOL
We've had more blizzard since that snow , much deep freeze afterwards and then another snow yesterday,, without too much wind. It has stopped now and the sun came up Temps are also up to 24F, but will go down to 10F tonight.
This is a link to another album :

[HYPERLINK@picasaweb.google.com]

Here are a few pics from yesterday.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2012
2:52 AM

Post #9005974

Adina, I was thinking about you yesterday, wondering how you are surviving in the freezing Romania. My folks live in town with central heat, staying in most of the time. I remember snows like this in the 1960s, I showeled a lots of snow in my life, that is why I love Ga. where hardly ever snows. I have seen your other pictures and made me feel cold all over. I know you are tough, we where raised to be able to survive all kind of hardships. Stay warm, and hope the Spring will come soon. Etelka

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2012
8:05 AM

Post #9006285

Mike, if it helps, I live in the tropics in my head. Does that count?

Adina, Etelka said what I was going to say. Tough times make tough peeps! Hugs to you, girl. (((hug)))

38║ outside, 85║ in my head...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 14, 2012

Post #9006954

Mid 40s for a high with clear and sunny skies today!! Snow is melting at a good pace and will continue to tomorrow with help from rain.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 15, 2012
3:16 AM

Post #9007259

Etelka, Celia, thanks for the warm thoughts and words. We don't have a choice but to survive. It means shoveling a lot, and walking through the snow drifts, makes us exercise a lot!LOL
Yesterday snowing stopped, more snow to shovel. I cleared the window door which was was pushed by the heavy snow. I was beat, but I still had to clear the doggie's DH's again. Luckily, no more snow for now and the temps are going up. Not too up, just a few degrees. Today was 6F in the morning and going up to 19F at noon.
Andreea, Nicholas and Petre are coming on Friday! They've sent lots of boxes with clothes, but they still haven't arrived because of the bad weather.
I have an article published today if anyone is interested :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/3539/

Adina
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #9007982

I live in the tropics in my mind also, LOL! From the looks of my poor banana trees you can surely tell that is not so!

More rain and chilly here. My new grass seed is finally coming up, so I will have a lawn again this year. We only reseeded because of the drought. It killed all of the grass and the weeds took over. The mowers put out the Scott's weed and feed so hopefully it will kill the weeds and help the new baby grass grow even faster.

My camelias and jasmine are in bloom! They are just beautiful!

My computer froze up so it will have to go in the shop. I am on DS's computer now, and tomorrow I am going out to my daughter's house for a few days, so will use one of their computer's until next Monday.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

Jeanne
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 15, 2012
5:04 PM

Post #9008148

Warmer with temps in the mid 40s but cloudy most of the day. A bit of drizzle this morning then just clouds til about 30 mins ago and now it's raining.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 15, 2012
9:29 PM

Post #9008392

I would say today we had no weather. The tradewinds went calm, some showers could be seen off shore and there was a little cloud around to keep things less hot.
This afternoon the tradewinds picked up as a cold front moved off to the North. Wind blew some of the showers inland but real light.

This weekend an upper level disturbance will park itself just southeast of the island and cause the tradewind showers to become more frequent and heavier - in the moderate range. ENE Wind supposed be 15-25 mph. Still not bad weather but could be wet enough to keep gardeners indoors for 48 hours.

During our subtle winter season we watch for weather fronts coming at us from the North and West. They move across the North Pacific and we get the weaker edge of the systems. They usually move on to impact the Pacific Northwest. I believe it is referred to as the pineapple express when you get one storm after another coming from our direction.

In the summer months we watch for weather coming from the south and east. Tropical storms and hurricanes are our primary threat. Last couple of years have been real quiet.

I really wish Adina a safe passage through the bad weather. I lived in England during my childhood and can remember trudging through snow drifts six to eight feet high during bad winters but they were few and far between. Amazing pictures. Stay safe.
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012
10:26 PM

Post #9008423

I too wish Adina luck. We lived in Northern Indiana, and walked to school, home to lunch, back, and then home again in the snow...wonder why I have a fond dislike for the snow? It was taller than me!

When we were on Oahu in the sixties it rained so much someone took a boat down a main street in Honolulu!

I loved the weather in Hawaii...that is among my favorite memories next to the blue water and beautiful Pali Mountains and Water Falls! We lived in Kailua, Oahu, and we could sit on our front porch and watch paratroopers jumping just in front of the mountains. It was so gorgeous! We had a little yellow woodframe house surrounded by six foot hedges and nine coconut trees lining the yard. We had a covered patio with a built in Barbque. It truly was paradise...except when the warning sounds came and we had to go sit on the mountain top until the tidal wave warnings were over.

My Mom liked to cook with coconut and the neighbors said it was bad luck, and that is what caused the tidal wave...LOL! When Halloween came she dressed up like a witch and when they ran out of candy gave out green bananas! LOL!

We are to have rain again tomorrow, Friday night, and all day Sat. My lawn should really grow well!

Jeanne

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 19, 2012
10:29 AM

Post #9012053

I guess I didn't get the memo - what happened to all the weather folks. No postings for 4 days.

Well here in Hawaii weather happens. The upper level lower did develop as forecast but a lot stronger. Last night starting at about 3am the heavy rained started and by 4am the thunder and lightning was putting on a show. Must have been nearly over head because a couple of thunder claps were loud, house rattling cracks, like a giant whiplash. A bit scary. My wife worked last night so here I am alone in the middle of a rain forest. Water gushing our the sides of the gutters, lightning flashing, thunder rumbling. Unplugged all the computers but the power stayed on.
This morning the rain is light, the sky is grey. Weather reports say sleet, snow and ice on the mountain tops with 40-50mph winds. Should all pass by sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone else is alive and well.

Mike

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9012066

Nothing happening here.
Sunny & 40║ daytime, 28║ & pretty moon at night. Love it!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 19, 2012
12:55 PM

Post #9012203

Well my tropical weather is back! 82 out right now and windy, off and on sun, clouds and even a bit of rain. Weather has been quite nice the past few days and so I've been working in the garden, cleaning leaves out of everything, raked a good twenty bags full or more and they're still falling. The turkey oaks are done, but now the huge live oaks are dropping leaves. Planted some seeds too. DH built me a trellis for my passiflora vine this weekend. I'll get a photo and post it soon.

Jeanne it is nice to hear you getting such needed rain, I still remember when you went so many days without. We sure could use some here. This is our drier season. All that rain missed us.

Adina I read your winter snow article, so fascinating to hear the weather stories you've had. Love all the beautiful snowy country photos, and Nicholas is sure cute all bundled up. Keep safe gal and be careful shoveling all that snow.

A Gerber Daisy coming out...in my garden, my azaleas, my Lantana all full of blooms.

I

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 19, 2012
1:49 PM

Post #9012252

This is why my husband always wanted to move to Florida, so we can raise 2 crops of vegt. and the flowers never stop blooming. Then one Summer we drove down to check out Mayo Florida area and they had grass fires all the way down I-75, helicopters dumping water, so we changed our mind.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9012425

I've been enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather we are having here. Its been in the high 30's low 40's and I actually was out in the yard checking on the "dead" plants. Turns out, the lilac, sedum, elderberry, daylily and a few other things are sprouting. Hope that means it will be an early spring! We are due for some snow tomorrow. Anywhere up to 3". It will be our "biggest" snowfall of the season if we get that much.
Hit the Home and Patio show today. Came home with a Rosy Lights Azalea, Pohjola's Daughter Rhodi, a few coleus, some geraniums and a beautiful Jane Magnolia tree. The most beautiful purple flowers! Oh, and cat grass for the kitties.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 19, 2012
5:00 PM

Post #9012443

Been nice and quiet here weather wise. Highs in the 40s and 50s and sunny. Tomorrow we get rain. Less than an inch expected though.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 20, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9012913

54░/71░/52 Sunny and windy

Kiseta, from now until May we get wildfires due to being our dry season, May is the peak time. I know we were evacuated in Georgia in May of 2007 from a campground due to a wildfire near Tifton. North Florida had some pretty bad ones that year also. Actually closed down the I-75 from all the smoke. Most our fires are started by carelessness or lightning, and unfortunately arson. We are under a fire weather watch now since winds yesterday were gusting up to 50. Check out this story which shows all the fires going on now.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2012/february/384499/Winds-a-concern-for-burning-brush-fires

As far as growing veggies all year long...maybe flowers you can do that but it can get too hot in mid summer for veggies. My peppers even take a wee break in late July and August. Fall, winter and spring are the months to grow vegetables here.

LeawoodGardener

LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS
(Zone 5b)

February 20, 2012
2:10 PM

Post #9013674

After a week of above average temps, today we're having a cold, rainy day. Let's hope it doesn't develop into snow overnight - things are coming up outside as if it were mid-March, not mid-February!

In response to the cold snap, I bought some miniature roses to cheer thing up in the kitchen.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 20, 2012
4:58 PM

Post #9013913

My stuff is taking it's sweet time coming up. I have some daffodils coming up but I'm not seeing much else bulb wise yet.

Highs in the high 40s, mostly cloudy with rain on the way.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 20, 2012
7:04 PM

Post #9014104

We had rain this evening, then a little snow, then more rain. Done now, still 34║.

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 21, 2012
3:28 AM

Post #9014282

49░/76░/57░ Partly sunny and pleasant...weather guessers said only down to 57 last night.

Hello Leawood, those roses look beautiful in your kitchen window.

my azaleas and Lantana blooming...

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2012
4:31 AM

Post #9014310

Well, we finally got some snow. Our first measurable of the season. 3" I'd say. The rain didnt hit here thank goodness

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2012
5:23 AM

Post #9014350

Got T-storm last night and it pour heavy then gone!

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 21, 2012
8:40 AM

Post #9014565

Showery and cool. Didn't get above 69f yesterday. Currently have high surf advisory for east shores, small craft advisories for winds over the coastal waters, high wind warning for summit of Haleakala and winter weather advisory for summit of Mauna Kea. Had 6 inches of snow on the summits over the weekend. Check out webcams for Mauna Kea summits. Some folks are snow boarding in the morning and then driving down to the coast and surfing in the afternoon.
Have to keep a lookout for pick-up trucks full of snow. Families drive up the mountain, fill up with snow and bring it down for their kids to play with. Of course with temps in the 70s at ground level there is not as much left when they get home.
Mike

LeawoodGardener

LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS
(Zone 5b)

February 21, 2012
10:38 AM

Post #9014723

Doesn't THAT sound like paradise? Snowboarding in the morning and surfing in the afternoon... I'm jealous!

I was in Steamboat Springs, CO last week to visit my daughter, son-in-law and grandson. It was Winter Carnival in this ski resort and they put on a great event for visitors and locals to enjoy the snow.

They receive 400+ inches of snow each year. Here is my son-in-law, clearing the snow in his driveway at their ranch this morning. The bird feeders were covered with snow.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener   Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 21, 2012
1:26 PM

Post #9014907

Well that sure is a big snow shovel...lol. I am envious of that nice wood pile. Love the birdhouses.

Mike...now see you are doing the winter weather chat.☺

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 21, 2012
2:21 PM

Post #9014979

Temperature has not gone above 64f today. Snow is forecast down to as low as the 9500 ft level with increasing chance of thunderstorms for the rest of the afternoon. Rain has been coming down at about 1 inch per hour on and off all morning. Rushed out to the county rubbish dump to get rid of our trash between showers (about 1 mile away). Found our neighbor shoveling his mound of cinder out of the road. Rain had washed it from his yard into the road. His rain gauge measured over 5 inches Saturday night and nearly 3 inches of rain so far today.

Leawoodgardener - snowboarding can be hazardous to you health. Under the 6 inches of snow are jagged lava rocks, worse than coral cuts while surfing - by the way I do neither.

Sunkissed - Winter weather chat is something I did not anticipate from here :)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 21, 2012
5:02 PM

Post #9015150

Highs in the mid 50s today and breezy. Mostly cloudy but the sun finally broke out late afternoon. Strong storms last night provided much needed moisture since Mother Nature refuses to give us snow this season. lol
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 22, 2012
4:44 AM

Post #9015529

35 or so yesterday. made the snow start melting and get really heavy. Roads are clear and medians are down to about a 1/2 inch. Backyard has about 2 1/2. The Magnolia is safe in the garage blooming away :)
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 22, 2012
3:36 PM

Post #9016271

We about drowned over the weekend from all of the rain, and today it is 78. It is supposed to be warm again tomorrow, and then in the low forties Sat. am.

I have decided how to make a wire frame to go over the old swingset frame to make the hut this spring. It could be made on the ground and then lifted up to the swingset. I am getting a hut or else this year!!!!!

It is gorgeous outside...I need to go water the plants in the greenhouse. That's the problem with them all enclosed...even when it pours they don't get any of it. I opened the plastic yesterday so they could all get some air. They look good. Nice and green.

Glad everyone is OK.

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 22, 2012
5:06 PM

Post #9016390

Highs in the mid 60s and sunny. Had some wind but that has died down for now. All in all a perfect day and I was stuck inside working. I hate it when that happens. lol

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2012
9:52 PM

Post #9016687

We had a couple inches of snow a few days ago but the temps have been so high, it's all gone. Raining now, turning to snow overnight. won't be much accumulation, though.

51║ now and we hit 60║ today. That's unheard of in February here.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 23, 2012
4:12 AM

Post #9016769

30░/39░/29░
Through 12pm: Scattered rain showers developing around late morning.
Periods of rain and snow. SE winds shifting to N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 90%. About one inch of snow expected.

Getting behind again. Groceries today, oyster soup this weekend and much house cleaning going on.

Have a great day everyone!

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 23, 2012
5:59 AM

Post #9016856

69░/84/64░ Cloudy and muggy...we got some much needed rain yesterday evening. Was nice to hear thunder again...it has been so long. I had to turn the AC on last night, mostly because it was so muggy. Will cool off again this weekend.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 23, 2012
10:09 AM

Post #9017153

Partly Sunny Hi 71░
47 mph gusty...

Get warming today yaaa..

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 23, 2012
10:17 AM

Post #9017155

According to our weather liar, we are getting snow. In reality, the sun is nearly out & not a snowflake all day.
Must be our way of checking weather is a little better than all his fancy instruments.
Above freezing, ice is melting.
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 23, 2012
1:11 PM

Post #9017320

Hey Rusty, we beat you by 10 degrees, Augusta, Ga 81 degrees and sunny.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 23, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9017605

We only got into the 50s though it was pretty muggy at times even with the strong winds. Under wind advisory still.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 23, 2012
5:51 PM

Post #9017641

38 here... :/ Still beautiful being its February :)
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 23, 2012
8:32 PM

Post #9017807

High 70's here but have a cold front coming in...supposed to be low forties Sat am.

Time to water and close up the GH again!

Jeanne

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 24, 2012
2:39 AM

Post #9017919

33░/35░/19░
Snow showers tapering to some flurries this afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 40%.

We have a wet heavy snow. I looked out about 1:00 am and saw we already had a light ground cover. It's not ''really coming down,'' so we aren't going to be buried, but it did rain all day yesterday. I sure hope that broke our dry spell!

Then, awake at 3:00 am, heard the neighbor's cat meowing around looking for the lady that's also been around. At 3:35 I heard the power go out twice. I got up and flipped on the coffee pot in case it went out for a while. Usually the third time is the killer. No more problems and coffee tastes good :o) (Both of the neighbor's cats are inside enjoying a warm house :o)

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
8:48 AM

Post #9018256

37║ here with bright sunshine.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 24, 2012
10:32 AM

Post #9018374

Sunny and cold 45...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 24, 2012
5:05 PM

Post #9018822

Mostly sunny with temps in the mid 40s for a high. Now have a quick band of heavy rain and possibly moderate snow.

Going to a walk in clinic after work tomorrow. I've been fighting a sore throat and alot of coughing for at least a week now and it hasn't gotten better or worse. I'm tired of it so am going in to find out what's going on.
kiseta
Augusta, GA
(Zone 8a)

February 24, 2012
5:19 PM

Post #9018840

1 pm storm, hail and lots of rain. Lots of trees down, no power for 7hr. I was lucky, my hundred year old oak is still here, but it was very touch and go. I hope North Ga survived well as can be, it looked like they had it worse.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 24, 2012

Post #9018857

Humid, showery, light east winds, some sun, 71f

Experiencing an earthquake swarm located about 15 miles southwest of us in Volcanoes National Park. Quakes are about 4 kilometers deep. These swarms occur about every 25 years in this area. We felt one 4.3 yesterday evening and another woke us up at 3 am this morning about 4.3 magnitude. most of the quakes are in the 2.0 to 2.8 range so we don't feel them. About 85 have occurred in the last two days. Back in 1983 a 6.9 occurred during a swarm in the same area. It may be over now or it might keep going another day or two. No extra eruption activity expected with this event. Life goes on as normal.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
6:46 PM

Post #9018940

I first heard about earthquake swarms a few years ago. Very interesting phenomena associated with them.

Pepper, it sounds like you have the virus that going around here. DH and I were down with it for more than a week.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 25, 2012
5:38 AM

Post #9019227

Sunny 26░
RealFeel« 32░

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2012
5:09 PM

Post #9019992

Cold, temps only in low 40s today and the sun didn't help warm up much.

Went ahead and decided to wait this thing out. My mom heard that the colds are lasting 2 weeks this year so we are giving it another week unless it gets worse. I've never had a cold last this long. Grrrr...
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 25, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9020082

i had the crud (sore throat, sinus drainage) for 11 days..thought I had strep...nope. Feel better.

27 right now. High was 29 today.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

February 26, 2012
1:57 AM

Post #9020264

Clear 42░
RealFeel« 32

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 26, 2012
6:12 AM

Post #9020386

not spring yet...

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 26, 2012
6:45 AM

Post #9020427

54░/68░/60░ Nice Thundershowers on the way. Had to take off my flip flops yesterday and put on some socks and shoes, my tootsies were getting cold. ☺

That chestcold has been going around everyone down here in the south too. It is a lingering bunch of crude. My DH never gets sick and he even got it. I had it well over two weeks, before it finally completely cleared up. I think the hot and cold weather has something to do with it hanging on for so long.

Billy good to hear the kitty cats are safe and warm, and the coffee hot. :)

kiseta sounds like some wicked weather...glad your oak survived it.

Mike your weather is always so interesting...never a dull report from you.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 26, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9021121

61 for a high and sunny. A really nice day but I stayed inside to finish getting rid of the crud. Plus, my pruners have gone missing and Walmart for some reason doesn't have their pruners out. Looks like I'm gonna have to go to Home Depot to get some. Nothing got trimmed this winter and I need to trim stuff so they can get the sun they need.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 26, 2012
10:32 PM

Post #9021404

Grey skies and rain all day.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 27, 2012
4:58 AM

Post #9021531

storms a brewin...snow on the way...LOTS of it.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 27, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #9021592

I'm glad you are going to get the most of it. Rain mostly for us.
Sunshine this morning, 19║
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 27, 2012
10:04 AM

Post #9021946

Hoping we get missed. I havent really listened to the weather at all the last two weeks.
Right now the sun is shining - looks beautiful outside, although I know its windy - so it bites a little.
Not looking forward to the roads (other drivers) if it does decide to dump on us.

How is it that we live in a state that has snow 9 months out of the year and people cant drive in the stuff? smh
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 27, 2012
5:12 PM

Post #9022522

Chilly but sunny. Temps only in the 40s. Storms on the way tomorrow.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 27, 2012
7:00 PM

Post #9022641

No snow yet...still waiting...
Was beautiful today. 34 according to my van :)
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 27, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9022705

Rain, rain, rain. It rained last night, and is supposed to have a chance of rain most of the week.

It has been warm of an afternoon...most days don't even need a jacket!

It is not supposed to get below 40 all week, so since this puts us into March I am hoping that an Optimistic attitude is in order, and maybe we will go into Spring without another strong or lengthy freeze of any duration...

We have had freezes in late March or near Easter, when Easter was earlier in the month of April...so you never know...I'm going to hope, dream, and pray we don't!

However, I am going to use WISDOM and not go buy anything that could die as a result of a freeze...as tempting as it may be...There is no room in the GH for another plant.

Jeanne

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 27, 2012
8:18 PM

Post #9022730

Grey skies and rain all day - again
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 28, 2012
5:24 PM

Post #9023865

Raining now but storms on the way. Supercells in Kansas, tornado watches out there too but not supposed to be as strong when it gets here.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 28, 2012
5:44 PM

Post #9023895

Lots of rain...freezing everywhere. Snow is supposed to develop over night...

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 28, 2012
6:56 PM

Post #9023969

Grey skies and rain all day - yet again

Been watching the weather channel and seeing the storms develop across the mainland. Stay safe everyone.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 28, 2012
7:28 PM

Post #9024009

Lots of rain all day after a little snow this morning. Still 34║ at 9:30. Windy now.
Big part of storm still out west.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 29, 2012
2:27 AM

Post #9024198

52░/46░/28░
Partly to mostly cloudy and windy. Winds WSW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Pepper,
I hope you got meds and are feeling better already.

Kiseta,
We do worry about losing our trees, and an oak that old would be a real loss.

Mike,
Interesting about the swarms.

Pepper,
Gargle in the morning and invest in a neti pot. The neti really helps clear out the nose.

Jeanne,
In the 40's all week for us too and I had the same thought. It puts us into March :o)

We had rain yesterday, not a lot, but added to the inch we got the other day, gives me hope for a wetter spring. We really had no snow cover all winter. I hope it got cold enough long enough for the peonies and lilacs to bloom.

We took the jeep out on the gravel roads and they were soft and soupy. They need to put down rock, and a lot of it!

Well, spending the day at DD's today so got to keep moving.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 29, 2012
6:04 AM

Post #9024337

2" of rain last night...all frozen. Turned to snow over night. 3" in the driveway on top of the ice. Roads are crap, landscape is beautiful. over 100 accidents already this morning locally. My drive to work was decent, considering. No school delays for us here in the metro - but all over the state for others.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

February 29, 2012
6:36 AM

Post #9024377

Grey skies here, too. 38║ and beezy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin   Thumbnail by kwanjin

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 29, 2012
10:56 AM

Post #9024599

All we had was rain. Lots of ponds in farm fields. 35║

LeawoodGardener

LeawoodGardener
Leawood, KS
(Zone 5b)

February 29, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9024601

The heavy storms (and tornado) that damaged Kansas and Missouri missed us in the Kansas City area, thankfully. Today it's sunny, but windy and cool (52 degrees).

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener

sunkissed

sunkissed
Winter Springs, FL
(Zone 9b)

February 29, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9024876

Got up to 88 today, 66░ tonight, Sunny and pretty darn warm...pretty much the same report the next four days. This is above average for us.

Leawood, heard on the news about the tornadoes, said a couple in MO died. Must have been pretty wicked.

Some flowers popping back out from seed, in the garden.

Thumbnail by sunkissed   Thumbnail by sunkissed

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

February 29, 2012
5:48 PM

Post #9025183

Branson, Leabanon, and Buffalo, MO all got hit with tornadoes last night. Branson is in bad shape. Harveyville, KS and Hutchison, KS also got hit. There is another town in Illinois that starts with H that got hit pretty good too. Last I heard 16 tornadoes were reported. I missed the news totally today due to not having to be at work til later and getting home after the news are over. Maybe tomorrow I will catch something.

Here it was very windy today and sunny. A bit chilly wtih the winds but the temps were in the 50s.

microb

microb
Mountain View, HI

February 29, 2012
7:05 PM

Post #9025280

I won't say it again but yes same again today and possibly tomorrow too.

Leawood - really pretty picture - makes me homesick for England, except for the weather.

Glad I put up my three 10ft by 20ft greenhouse. It's only place to do anything with plants. Ground is waterlogged, streams through the forest are running white water rapids (8ft wide by about 2 ft deep) Usually only run a total of 10-20 days a year at times of heavy rain. Otherwise dry beds. Been running now for about a week.

Has to get better soon!

Mike
Texasgal77
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 29, 2012
7:37 PM

Post #9025311

Amanda, I saw the report on CNN about the tornados...WOW! It really leveled some of the areas! 10 killed so far, and I don't think they have found everyone yet. It is really bad

They did say it missed the part of Branson where the shows are, so that was fortunate.

It was warm and muggy here. It is supposed to rain more tonight and the rest of the week. I hope so, as where we put down that Scott's weed and feed is all brown and yellow. I hope it didn't kill out any of my new grass. Now it really looks like a mess again...Yuk. Of course I should be thankful...it looks pretty good compared to where the tornadoes hit!

Amanda, hope you are feeling better. I think I am catching the crud...again. Started taking Alkaseltzer plus cold and flu again.

It is supposed to be 40 Sat AM and cold Sunday and then warm back up again Mon.

No wonder everyone is sick here.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2012
3:54 AM

Post #9025453

33░/49░/35░
Sun and clouds mixed. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.

Minnesippi,
Glad your drive to work went well. It's hard to believe all that ice didn't affect you as bad as everyone else.

Celia,
Love the kitties and the bird!!

Bernie,
Those ponds will be good to have now. Hopefully it's going to soak in.

Leawood,
I'm hating the threat of tornadoes more every year. I'm glad you had no damage.
Beautiful! Is that your back yard?

Sherri,
Love the blooms! Is the pink moss rose?

Pepper,
I always misss the news. That's a lot of tornadoes :o(

Mike,
It's good to know you have weather you can count on! I'll bet the greenhouses keep you busy!

Jeanne,
I hope you can beat the crud. It's annoying to keep catching the same thing over and over!

The wind blew here yesterday and if it wasn't leap year, it would have been March first. So... Were we in like a lion or a lamb?

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

March 1, 2012
10:45 AM

Post #9025908

March Thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1244773/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America