Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: CLOSED: VaLenTiNEs DaY Swap ***Reveal Page***

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 140, Views: 822
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
7:37 AM

Post #8990575

~*~*~*~*~*THIS IS THE REVEAL PAGE FOR VALENTINES SWAP~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1238335/

All of the likes/dislikes posts are on the previous thread

Participants are to make a list of some of their favorite things they would like to recieve for this Valentines Day swap, and also anything they prefer not to receive. (example: I am allergic to oranges, I don't burn candles, my favorite scent is gardenia, etc.) If you think of anything else you would like to add after posting, please go back to the original post and edit so it is all in one post. The sending buddy can then use the list to help in putting together their buddies box. Senders are not required include every item on someones list, or include only things on the list. This is just a guide.

I need everyone to send me their address by d-mail or let me know you are in the address exchange. Any participants that I do not know will be required to contact me by d-mail with your name, address, e-mail addy and phone number. This is to ensure that everyone that signs up participates. If you seem to be out of pocket for several days, I will contact you by d-mail. If not successfull, I will phone to see if you still desire to be in the swap. We all know things come up and sometimes someone needs to withdraw, and that is fine, as long as you have not already received your box from your swap buddy. I need to have some way to contact you so your partner will not be left out. I appreciate your understanding on this. Please be sure your DG memberships are paid up through February 28, 2012 to participate in this swap.

Limit for the swap will be $20, not including the cost of Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation.

Boxes are to be sent out by February 10, 2012. Please send your delivery confirmation number to me when you mail your box.

New threads will be started as needed, so please check in once in a while to be sure we have not moved and you not moved with us. Threads will always start out the same as this one. New room numbers/links will be posted at the end of the previous thread. If you lose us, you can always go to the Groups, Swaps and Round Robins forum to find us.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

****PARTICIPANTS****

Crit/Patti - January 25, 2012, 08:20 PM, Post #8982386

goldhillal/Crystal - January 18, 2012, 09:38 PM, Post #8973587
RECEIVED from Bettypauze 1/31/12

rouxcrew/joy - January 18, 2012, 10:34 PM, Post #8973622

GardenQuail/Michelle - January 26, 2012, 04:02 AM, Post #8982551

deejay9/Sue - January 19, 2012, 02:24 PM, Post #8974378

FruitoftheVine/Susan - January 19, 2012, 05:36 PM, Post #8974680

Bettypauze/Betty - January 21, 2012, 03:09 PM, Post #8976712

lizrainey/Liz - January 23, 2012, 10:49 AM, Post #8978932

happgarden/Joyce - January 29, 2012, 12:00 PM, Post #8986580

taters55/Linda Kay - January 29, 2012, 04:53 PM, Post #8986917

scbuttercup/Judy - January 29, 2012, 08:11 PM, Post #8987223

This message was edited Feb 1, 2012 5:14 PM

Thumbnail by Crit
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 1, 2012
8:13 AM

Post #8990630

Wow, goodies being delivered already! Way to go Betty, looks like you made your buddy very happy!
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 1, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #8990882

I want the recipe for those cookies! They look so good!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
3:24 PM

Post #8991111

I want a cookie but imagine they're gone.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #8991130

I want a cookie too...

I decided on home made cinnamon rolls this weekend!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
4:07 PM

Post #8991167

wait! what? who ate all the cookies :(

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 1, 2012
4:23 PM

Post #8991188

I did not know to say I got my name, but of course I did. still pretty busy with my sister in rehab, but I expect to get it out soon.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
5:22 PM

Post #8991271

That sounds great Carolyn. Send me some? I don't feel like making any. lol

Will continue prayers for your sister.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2012
6:10 PM

Post #8991346

Hi, all.
Darn!... Forgot to ask for one of those cookies before they were gone :)
Hmmm, wonder who's box will arrive next...
Still volunteering to assist with any unwanted chocolate heehee :)
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
6:41 PM

Post #8991389

Me too, Michelle :)

I'm wishing the best for your sister, Crystal.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #8991468

Friday afternoon, I'm meeting another DGer for lunch up in a mountain town I don't often have a chance to visit that has lots of artsy crafty shops. Hope I can find something else there for my Valentine besides chocolates.

♥♥♥
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2012
12:28 AM

Post #8991636

Fruity, that sounds fun :) Have fun exploring the shops and visiting with your friend. Hope you find something special for your valentine :)
Michelle
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2012
1:27 AM

Post #8991654

Fruity

that does sound like fun!

Crystal - best wishes for your sister. Please know she is in my prayers.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
6:47 AM

Post #8991851

Michelle and Sooze ... I don't see that anyone has offered to share any of their chocolates with you. I think you are barking up the wrong chocolate tree. lol

I need to do a little more shopping for my buddy. Have my box nearly filled, but want to find a few more things.

I'm excited to see what great idea's you all come up for this swap. Such great minds at work here. :-)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2012
7:47 AM

Post #8991965

Some of posted under the forum "few of my favorite things" which will be out there for all swaps, if anyone wants to look at it.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/

Gathering ideas, I have a couple sure things I will pick up tonight for my buddy, one will be a test to mail, but what the heck, I love a test. Actually I don't but since my whole life seems to go along those lines I decided to go with the flow and fall in love with it...rofl.

Another very strange winter day here, course the weekend is going to revert to winter, funny how that happens...?
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 2, 2012
8:15 AM

Post #8992004

Neat thread - what a great idea!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2012
11:47 AM

Post #8992232

Going to be 66* today. I'm getting ready to go horseback riding. Giddy up!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2012
2:20 PM

Post #8992433

Hi, all.
Above, Crit said, "Michelle and Sooze ... I don't see that anyone has offered to share any of their chocolates with you."
I noticed... What's up with that LOL :) Heehee
Have fun horseback riding, Crit. I always consider these warm days in the middle of winter to be very special, especially knowing what the weather typically is like, especially for those who often have snow and below freezing temps at this time of year.
Michelle
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2012
6:29 AM

Post #8993100

It was beautiful riding yesterday. I knew there was rain coming in, and cooler temps so wanted to get one more ride in before that. Hoping we get some more nice days this winter, but the odds are against me. lol Babe and I were out for 2 hours! That is the longest I have been able to ride. I was sure ready to get back home though. Not as sore as I thought I might be. Got into the hot tub last night before going to bed. That always feels so good and relaxing. I think I sleep better afterwards too.

Hi Carolyn. Thanks. Maybe next year you can join in with us! There will be sign ups for 'Best of the Blarney' St. Patricks Day swap starting February 24th until March 2nd. Maybe you would like that one. There are some other great swaps being held this year. Here is the link if you want to follow that:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1232329/#top

It is raining here now. I am so glad. We are still in mild drought conditions and REALLY need some good rain. Western Oklahoma is still in a severe drought. I wouldn't mind getting some snow. It puts nitrogen back into the soil.

Well, off to read more threads! Hope everyone has a grrrrrrrrrrrrrr-eat day!

This message was edited Feb 3, 2012 8:31 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 4, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #8994389

Joy ... pictures of the trials?

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 4, 2012
2:35 PM

Post #8994699

Have no cell signal and my iPad won't let me upload pics.i will send some when I get back into signal.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 4, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #8994754

Had fun at a Valentines Day tea this afternoon at local Church..organizer was my friend Bernice

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2012
3:42 PM

Post #8994791

Looks as if it was a great time :) Just wanted to give my VALENTINE A Heads Up FOR Monday The DARTS With Land :)
Happy " GARDENTINE"
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2012
8:58 AM

Post #8995468

Looks like a great time Betty!!! Those treats look yummy!!!!

Oh boy ... another box getting ready to land! Can't wait to see what goodies are hidden inside!

OK Joy. I always enjoy seeing the pics of your dogs. How did you do?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 5, 2012
9:08 AM

Post #8995487

Anxious to see the boxes coming in..have just as much fun watching than receiving!

Joy hope you had a win..

My sister Sharon is off to NYC this week as her American Eskimo competes..he won best of show 2 years I. A row...mid December he was in Florida and took best of breed and not sure where he was prior to that..know if a win. NYC again they'll have similar to triple crown..maybe next year I can jog with her and cheer the trainer n along with my sister!

This message was edited Feb 5, 2012 12:08 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2012
10:54 AM

Post #8995569

Wow Betty. That would be so much fun!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 5, 2012
12:05 PM

Post #8995625

Betty

That would be fun. How exciting for your sister!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 5, 2012
6:38 PM

Post #8996036

We watched the Eukanuba Dog Show yesterday. A darn Standard Poodle won. Not to offend Poodle lovers, knowing each dog is judged against it's AKC standards, but I just don't understand the fascination of poodles, having owned a rescued Toy Poodle in the past, and a girlfriend used to own a Standard that was meaner than heck. Mine was just stubborn as the day was long and I often came home from work to a mess with every trash can in the house emptied. One of my co-workers told me she had separate anxiety. Pfff! She lived a good life, like a Princess on a Pillow. Every chance she got off the leash, she'd run down the sidewalk to visit a Lab. Good thing she was spayed or who knows what those pups would have looked like...lol. Is there such a thing as a Poolab? And I had to bail her out of the pound more than once when she really ran away.

Are you back home, Joy? That was a long haul but know trips like those aren't unusual for you. Looking forward to pics. When's your next trial in VA?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 5, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #8996136

Was the Eukanuba dog show a rerun..I believe that's where Sharon's dog won Best of Breed in Dec.

Greg my eldest has 2 Labradoodles, Ned and Sophie..big dogs but so loveable!

Weekend is over..can't believe the weather here, it feels like spring..great for driving to work though...

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
8:04 AM

Post #8996563

Well, I think I have everything for my box now. Just need to get it all packed up and send it off. Remember, send out is by Friday, February 10th.

Happy Valentines Day to everyone

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 6, 2012
8:56 AM

Post #8996626

Hey, Hey everyone, I am back in the land of cyberspace once again. It is amazing how much we depend on having those cells. This area has a local service and apparently the other main services don't get through, at least my TMobile, Cathy's Verizon, and Cindy's AT&T. We would get a blip and then nothing. Our hostess let us WiFi for internet.
Anyway, Saturday was kind of a bust, Lite (and I) haven't been to the "big dog" trials in over a year due to my mom's illness and she has only run in Open (International level) once or twice. For those who haven't experienced this, the sheep were left 400 yds. out from the starting point in a 40 acre field. The dogs at international level run out in a big arc to get behind the sheep and bring them (5 in this trial) down the field in a straight line through two panels that are set 20' apart, then to the handler, around the post, and then drives them away in a straight line 150 yds to another set of panels, makes a right turn and drives them 250 yds across the field to the third set of panels. Then they are turned right and headed straight for a circle area in front of the handler's post. When they get there the handler leaves the post and attempts to shed off two of the sheep and hold them away from the group with the dog till the judge calls it successful. The sheep are regathered and brought to a free standing 10 X 10' pen and they are penned. Then they are taken back to the shedding ring and a single is separated and held. We had 12 minutes
Neither handler nor dog is ever allowed to touch the sheep and the handler can only direct the dog until the shedding and penning.
Anyone still with me? Well Lite was extremely exhuberant on Saturday and we had no steering or brakes, I made it through the course but it was very ugly. I ran out of dog at the shedding ring and ran out of time there. Our score put use down at the bottom.
Jam was out for his first big dog trial. He is just 1 year old (January) so I was going for experience with him. His course was slightly shorter and smaller, 300 yd set out, 150 yd drive away and 100 yd crossdrive with a pen. On Saturday he made me wonder why I brought him. I left the post early and called my run. On Sunday, however, he made a rockin' run and ended up 5th out of 20.
Lite won the best Top on Sunday, an award handed out (for fun) to the dog that picks the sheep up the calmest and quietest. She smoked her fetch and her drive lines, we entered the shedding ring with 6:30 left. And I had a sheep that was wild, would run at the slightest provocation and take the whole group with her. I burned 6 minutes before I got the shed with Lite and while she came through the middle of the sheep to drive the two away, I tripped and hit the ground. Just call me Grace. Judge called the shed and as I sent Lite around the two, I looked at my watch, 30 seconds left, and I had to get all five sheep together and then quietly get them in the pen. My little dog was exhausted but turned on the jets when I asked for more speed. She got the two, found the three and swung them through the shedding ring as I reached for the rope at the gate. The latch had locked the gate shut and I stood there like an idiot pulling on the rope and it not opening. Swearing and panicking, I found the latch and got the gate open just as the wild ewe arrived. I froze praying that she would go in not around. Lite, bless her little heart, swung her head out to the right and the ewe yielded stepping into the pen. I stepped across the back of the remaining four and stomped as I shut the gate. My watch sounded just before the gate shut but the judge called it as the gate clicked. Got the pen. That put my little girl in second place for the day against some really good handlers. Gotta love my dog!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 6, 2012
10:01 AM

Post #8996707

Awesome!! I love herding competitions! But then, we have 2 corgies, and although they are "supposed" to be herders, the closest they have ever gotten to herding is watching it on TV, lol! Nice job!!
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 6, 2012
2:00 PM

Post #8996977

Wow Joy! That's great. Those competitions sound like a lot of fun!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 6, 2012
4:05 PM

Post #8997123

Joy, thanks for the recap and how the trial worked, made me feel like I was right there rooting you and the dogs on.

You know when you see a box like this, it holds an extra special treasure, a very heavy one too. Check out my gorgeous red concrete stepping stone decorated with Valentine stickers and embossed words “Bee’s My Gardentine, DJ9 2012” surrounded by red glass hearts. Already placed it in the garden near some of the daylilies you gave me, Susie. Awesome job!

Next is a bag of Monster Munch candy flavored multi-colored popcorn, kewl!
White bark Chocolate Pretzels, yum!
Peppermint soft chews, have always loved these.
A 3-Pack of Valentine themed socks

My Valentine’s Day Card with a very sweet note
A Pretty Padded Fabric picture frame – Did you make it, Susie?
A pump of Ocean Breeze hand soap that smells divine
A large bag of Amish Country “Rainbow Popcorn”, haven’t popped any yet but suspect Monster Munch was made with these kernels, then sweetened.
Heart sticky notes, I was literally down to my last pack.
And even Mickey got treats and a doggie collar.

Love, love everything & you too, Susie. Thanks for my special stepping stone ♥ Oh, almost forgot the pot of Irises, Dutch? I found a spot for in them in the garden and forgot to take a pic. Lovely!

I am digging the new DG feature being able to add up to 5 images in a single post.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine   Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click an image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2012
5:29 AM

Post #8997639

Great box Fruity! Love that stone too!

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
5:40 AM

Post #8997651

Wonderful box, surely looks like Valentines Day.
I am gonna have to get on the stick to get my box done, have lots of stuff but need a couple of other things.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2012 7:41 AM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2012
6:19 AM

Post #8997713

fruity glad you like the box with stickers was done by ZOEY my brothers GD she loves to come out & play in my dirt box .
she said that putting the stickers on was the bestest fun with aunt susie , that is what she told her Grandpa:)

I've been playing around with CEMENT making my own stepping stone's &I still have lots to learn about it yet the stone looked like a big
chocolate fudge when i go out to my other computer i will post a picture of it before i painted it red.

this was the original one i was going to send but it broke well cracked trying to get it out of the mold .
& i didn't have any paint left to mix into the 2nd heart so i spray painted it .
when i took it in to ask what postage would be i about fainted . but after i revanted it a bit well you can see it was much less but well well worth it to share ;) I also bought the rainbow popcorn to try thought i would make it up this weekend when the kids are here .

they say snow for the weekend not allot but good sledding :) ground is bare today .
well off to make daddy his pot of HAM_N_BEANS :)
susie

Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 7, 2012

Post #8997748

Susie, if it fits in a priority box, anything up to 70 pounds ships for about $15.00 for a large flat rate box.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
8:50 AM

Post #8997908

WOW Joy, I am exhausted just reading about your day!!! Congrats to you and your two herders!

Awesome box Fruity!!!! What a magnificent, wonderful, terrific stepping stone. I LOVE it!!!! How special that DJ made it just for you. That is just too cool. I love those kind of homemade stuff. Wish I was more crafty. All the other stuff sounds just WONDERFUL, too! You are a lucky girl with this swap. :-)

I haven't tried to post any pictures lately. I'm soooooooo glad they have made it where we can post multiple pics!!! Way to go DG!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 7, 2012
3:27 PM

Post #8998285

The stickers are adorable. The silhouette of a black cat on the box reminded me of my Max, and the buzzing bees carried your "bee's mine" theme...too cute. How old is Zoey? Tell her for me she did a puurrr--fect job. Are you using candy molds for your forms or something else?

Finished gathering my bud's goodies, now to get the box packed and in the wind.
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 7, 2012
8:33 PM

Post #8998593

I am here, was out of the country for a vacation and no internet access. I am still in the swap. I have both sun and shade--surprise me! Also, I will have to take a course to understand how these posts work. I'm really lost, but will figure it out.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
5:19 AM

Post #8998820

Lordy, there were 8 of us women here having a painting/craft day yesterday and guess we did not hear a knock on the upstairs front door...as I rarely use it, it would have been ions before I would have found the notice had Ann who came to visit not seen it.

I was at the front door of the post office at 8:00am this morning anxious to see who my partner was!

I was over'joy'ed to see it was Joy, rouxcrew!!!

What a box filled with thoughtful items that was well thought out, just the kind of things I would have gone and got for myself..too excited..

off to take photo's
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
8:24 AM

Post #8999063

Any questions Judy, just ask. I'm sure some of us should be able to help you! Glad you are back. How was your vacation? Where did you go?

Yippeee Betty!!!!! Cannot wait to see what our Joy gathered for you!!!!!!

Be sure to dmail me, as a reply to your buddy name dmail, the delivery confirmation number for your box! I have mine ready to go. Just need to go to town to the PO. Will have it out by Friday, as I know all of you will too!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
9:35 AM

Post #8999168

Well here I is, as happy as can be!!!

Now you all must OOOOHHH and AHHHHH, so worth it..

I will start with the lovely package of fat quarters and the cutest pin cushion (me who loves sewing) what a treat!

Country pillow as well which matches back bedroom

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
9:54 AM

Post #8999190

ahhh and homemade jellies, Caramel Apple Butter, Pineapple Habanero (which I'm dying to try) and strawberry..

Added to that is homemade goat soap in shape of a bone..omg, my border collie Salior thought it was for her..got to hide it...oops soap on another photo

As well, an insulated glass with Coffee inside, must try the new brand..

Going to have to share the goodies..already can't fit in my clothing..maybe we had better have clothing swap. Lol

This message was edited Feb 8, 2012 12:58 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
10:05 AM

Post #8999210

Roux Crew sure know how to put a swap box together..

Several pairs of socks, I'll sure look pretty come Valentines Day.. and even Russell the peacock helped by offering me a few of his feathers (already in a container near front door) colors match perfectly..who would have known I'd decorate my living room to compliment his feathers..

Also a candle holder cup..too cute

Bet you are all envious right???

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 8, 2012
10:14 AM

Post #8999221

Woo Hoo!!!!! I am so glad everything made it. I had visions of customs opening the box and confiscating all the good stuff! Shoot I forgot you had a BC too, I would have thrown in a treat for him. Thrilled that you like the box, I could have filled it with fabric, someday I will get back to quilting. The pillow is from an old quilt that my mom and I made things after it was too tattered. I think that is the one I sent, geez my memory is going. Hope you like the habanero jam, it is a favorite and almost didn't make it into the box since I wasn't sure if you would like the heat/sweet. Oh, and the jams are all very low sugar, I can't hardly stand super sweet jams anymore.

Joy

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
10:28 AM

Post #8999234

Well Joy, you will be pleased to know I love the pillow and it fits the back bedroom decor to a 't'..

you must have been peeking through the back bedroom patio door because both the pillow and the sign compliments the room..love everything..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
11:04 AM

Post #8999264

Best I not forget the lovely note!!! Everything was covered..
thank you for your kindness, it sure made this Canadian gal feel warm at heart!!!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2012
11:36 AM

Post #8999308

Betty, love those items she made and sent!

Do I see yellow roses blooming?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2012
12:34 PM

Post #8999371

Love homemade..you know me LindaKay, not good with inside plants so these pretties are in bloom year round and best part no watering...the actually are set outside on bedroom deck come spring.
skellogg
Sundance, WY
(Zone 3b)

February 8, 2012
1:51 PM

Post #8999478

Gosh! They looked real! I bet you fool lots of people with them!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
3:17 PM

Post #8999551

Very nice, Betty. I've had the opportunity to enjoy Joy's jams and jellies before and they are delish.

Joy, I don't know how you have time to do it all, and take care of your Mom too.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 8, 2012
5:13 PM

Post #8999680

Would it be possible to beg for the pineapple habenaro jelly recipe? Perhaps if I say Pretty Please?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #8999813

I can't wait until I get to try some of Joy's Caramel Apple Butter! DH is an apple butter fiend, so would have to 'disguise' the jar and just dole out a little at a time to him. LOL

Betty ... GREAT BOX! I have to ask though ... what are "fat quarters"? Is that somethin to do with quilting?

WOW ... what a terrific box Betty/Joy!!!!! Betty you truly ARE Joy's Valentine. She sure know how to say I LOVE YOU!!!!

Another box was scheduled to arrive today, so we should have another reveal before too long! I need to go to town tomorrow so will mail my box then.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 8, 2012
7:35 PM

Post #8999850

A fat quarter is a piece of fabric. Imagine you bought a yard of fabric, opened it flat, and cut down the middle, then cut each of those in half. That is a fat quarter.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
6:40 AM

Post #9000178

WOW GREAT BOX JOY WISH I COULD SEW :) love your home decor betty & i have the same countertop :) How cool is that??
have a great day all
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9000776

My Valentine's box went out today. Love is in the air!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9001004

Got my box today, DH brought it in and everything arrived perfectly. It was an amazing packed box. Just got home and took pics, you all are going to be amazed!
This is what I first saw...

Thumbnail by happgarden

happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 9, 2012
6:19 PM

Post #9001021

I got the best box from Crystal, goldhillal! I am sooo happy.
That violet made an amazing trip and is quite happy! Great job.
Now here is everything unpack, which is equally as amazing to say the least.
I will list everything or try, look closely incase I miss something.
A great Martha Stewart magazine
A page trimmer makes beautiful edging
Oh, homemade trail mix and it is wonderful, all kinds of dried fruits, nuts, and a touch of chocolate, wonderful
Then a hummingbird picture, and it is beautiful
Back on the left two more sweets, I will be set for a month
A bag of cherry m&m's haven't tried those yet, sounds great
Back on the left a cherry necklace that is so cute
I laid it across a pretty hand painted box
lip moisturizer
2 - strawberry mugs with hot chocolate mix which I will need this weekend because it is suppose to be horrible cold
Money plant seeds, excited about those also
Cutest tulip sitting on a leaf, never have seen anything like that
A frog pot sitter, love those
Then a flower frog!
See the card? It is beautiful
Almost forgot, see the two amazing green table mats for St. Patricks, they are really nice, I proably covered them up with all my great goodies!
Last but surely not least a beautiful african violet!
An amazing box and everything is in great shape
Can't tell you thank you for the plants but omg what a box!

This message was edited Feb 9, 2012 8:23 PM

Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden   Thumbnail by happgarden

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
6:52 PM

Post #9001093

Wonderful box happ!!!!!!!!!! Crystal, you did a bang up job!!!!! What a beautiful Aftican Violet. Now I know why you were concerned about it setting outside How did you get all of that in a box? I think we are ALL learning to be GREAT packers!!!! lol

We are about 1/2 was through the swap. 6/11 have received their fabulous boxes! 2 more days to mail out. I didn't get to town today to mail mine, but have to go tomorrow. If you thing you will not be making the mail out date of Feb. 10, please dmail me and let me know.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to all my Valentines on here. You are all my 'sweethearts'. :-)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 9, 2012
7:18 PM

Post #9001161

happ, I can see the smile on your face from here. I know how much you treasure your Mother's African Violets, and how very special receiving such a pretty one in perfect condition, along with a lot of other goodies. And now you have another beautiful flower Frog to add to your collection.

Very nice, thoughtful gifts you shared, Crystal.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 10, 2012
1:29 AM

Post #9001338

It is a beautiful box - Crystal, you will have to share your secrets on packing a box. I really don't think I could have gotten that much into a box.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 10, 2012
4:17 AM

Post #9001394

Omg, what a fun filled box..love the African violet! Know from my experience in opening my box that you are singing a tune and doing a happy dance...

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 10, 2012
4:43 AM

Post #9001408

Happ, I am glad you like the box.
Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's day!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 10, 2012
5:49 AM

Post #9001486

WOW WHAT GREAT BOXES COMMING THROUGH!
ok mine is finally going out today geeez,
i hope it gets there by the 14th :O

now to wait for st pattys my box is filling up lol

This message was edited Feb 10, 2012 2:55 PM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 10, 2012
9:47 AM

Post #9001794

Wow, love all those goodies. I have not seen the cherry m&m's.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 10, 2012
10:31 AM

Post #9001835

My box may not make it today, I have to go by one more place so it is up in the air (not the box) if I can get it all accomplished in time, but will go out Saturday at the latest.
Sorry.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2012
5:10 PM

Post #9002275

Got my box today from Judy. She just joined DG and this is her first swap. Way to jump in there.

I got Lindor truffles, Trident gum, a package of heirloom Moon and Stars watermelon seeds (they make really pretty melons), two cookie cutters (one a bone and the other a hydrant) lol, peppermint tea, some homemade pepper jam and some Feverfew seeds. That will look great in my garden and it reseeds, my kind of plant! She also included a very pretty card.

Thanks so much, hope you are enjoying our swap!

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
6:57 PM

Post #9002361

Great box there Joy! Chocolate truffles ... Mmmmm-mmm good!!!! And home made stuff is always a winner in anyones box! Those cookie cutters are just too cute!!!! You can use them for cookies and also to make doggied treats. lol Always love to see what our newbies come up with! Good job Judy!

Have several boxes that were to go out today and a couple tomorrow. Mine went out today and should arrive on Monday!!!! Hope my buddy likes it. Don't believe there is a chance of anything getting broken, it is packed pretty tight! :-) Keeping fingers crossed!

Liz ... glad to hear you are going to be in the St. Patty's swap too!!!! Will probably put up the interest thread the 24th, or maybe a few days before. Signup is scheduled for Feb 24 to March 2. Keep packing that box! lol
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2012
7:25 PM

Post #9002377

Those of you who have not mailed you box to your buddy, please dmail me as to when you will be able to mail. Don't forget to send me the Delivery Conf # when you mail. Those who have contacted me do not need to do so again.

HAPPY WEEKEND everyone!!!!!!!!

I won't be around tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow night. I have to go to Kansas for my aunts funeral. Otherwise, I will see you Sunday!
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 10, 2012
8:05 PM

Post #9002404

oh sorry to hear crit, thoughts and prayers to you.

crit, lol omg its getting full!
and to my valentine swap buddy keep your eyes open should be there on the 13th.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2012
10:48 AM

Post #9002952

My box went out today, I will send you the DC# in a bit.

Love that box of goodies!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2012
2:06 PM

Post #9003140

Great box you got Joy! So we have someone new in this crazy mess..? Great to have you and great box. Now everytime I go shopping I see something and go oh that would be good in a swap! I have a whole big box of stuff I have purchased on sale or just thought someone would like...

My box went out today, couldn't get it done Friday, but went really early today, confirmation number in the car.
Hope everything makes it ok. Sorry sent from my little town and it might not make it by valentine's day, but it some of it will be good next year... ;)

Went to the remodeling, flower, lawn and garden show today, got there at 10am and we left at 2. Bought some bulbs, a slicer dicer, that does everything rol... ;) I am such a sap... but who knows it may work, a million phamplets...rofl. Some of the most beautiful orchids were there and water gardens sit up everywhere... I will post some pics later.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 11, 2012
4:03 PM

Post #9003282

Hello all you cupids! I am back home. 2 more boxes in the air!!!! Woohoo. Be sure to send your delivery conf's.

Saw lots of cousins I don't get to see very often today. It's sad, because we never see each other, except at funerals. Got home about 30 minutes ago.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 11, 2012
7:54 PM

Post #9003547

Susan!!!! (fotv)

oh was i surprised when i got home thank you thank you!!!!
i love my goodies, i think Susan has been spying on me when i go shopping lol
she picked everything i would throw in my cart, everything i opened i was smiling away thing how did she know ?

OK here is coffee yaaay margarita ville of coarse dh stuck his nose in the pile saying cool coffee guess i have to share now,
and lindor chocolates, fruit sampler tea
oh and look at that i love stone cold creamery i was so excited to see chocolate,
oh and pomegranite tea sticks, and look at the cute tin with chocolate chip cookie, and then hershey's white chocolate and then a pamper kit of shampoo, conditioner body wash and lotion and a scrubby in spearmint it smells so good,
but the best is she made the knitted dish cloth with a heart in the middle hats off to you fruity great knitter you are.

Thumbnail by lizrainey   Thumbnail by lizrainey

goldhillal

goldhillal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

February 12, 2012
5:20 AM

Post #9003735

Nice box,Liz and Susan!

Susan sent me a knitted dish cloth in the SSS Swap and everytime I look at it, I think of how this swap and this circle of friends made January and February so much more pleasant. It's a great idea and I am so glad I joined.

I read the Grumpy Gardener blog from Southern Living and on a recent blog he wrote about Haworthia (Paper Bush). DH was going to get me chocolate for Valentine's and I said how about a plant instead. He said to pick, and so I chose Haworthia. A few calls later, I found a local place that said they would get some in by the end of the week. They were expecting 3 gallon pots ($40) that actually turned out to be 1 gallon ($20), and it was just a stick a little bigger than a pencil, with a bloom in the top. (The nursery apologized but said that's all they could get) But WOW! does it smell good! I think it better spend another year in the pot though. If we have a dry summer, things are so much easier to take care of in a pot while I am watering everything else.

Here is the link : http://grumpygardener.southernliving.com/grumpy_gardener/2012/02/plant-a-paper-bush.html
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 12, 2012
5:55 AM

Post #9003760

she has been keeping it quiet, omg she is a terrific knitter lol i cant get past knit and pirl.
yes its beyond a circle its just so fun to be here everyone is terrific!

happ,i still have my veg-o-matic lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 12, 2012
6:11 AM

Post #9003782

Liz, I can see Kenny spying those goodies from here!! Lol

Great box, love the knitted dishcloth..you being a creative crafter would appreciate something ome made...

Going back to look at your pretties!

great swap box Susan (FOTV)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 12, 2012
6:26 AM

Post #9003797

Love those pressies Liz! Nice job Fruity!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 12, 2012
6:30 AM

Post #9003801

What a beautiful box and a heart to boot in the middle, if I would of tried that it would of looked like a heart that had a flat, the two sides would of never been equal...rofl. Love the fruity names...great box.

veg-o-matic...rofl, well with my chopper I got a free ginsu knife, how could I go wrong!...rofl. Actually I already had one and I love it, but don't tell any one. Well I guess I had 3 ginsu knives, cause I have one in my garden box, ok so I have a problem... LOL Glad we only have 2 of these shows a year.

Crystal, got into my homemade candy and the one with the nuts is amazing, omg it is so good. I also opened the cherry M&M's and they are quite good, I hadn't tried them yet, but I do like those, they are really big fat M&M. Violet is settled in quite nicely with her other family of violets which all have a special meaning to me. Thank you again for a wonderful box. Course since it is single digits here I am curled up with my new cup and my chocolate. Crazy crazy temps. the pond fish are all huddled under the pond heater, no dummies there.

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 12, 2012

Post #9003815

Wow! Everyone is getting such nice boxes. Fruity - I had no idea about your knitting capabilities. My grandmother tried to teach me many times how to knit and it is just like sewing - I can't do it. Mine would have a flat just likes happs!

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 12, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9004139

Glad you liked the box Joy, I so wanted to make a good impression. What a fun idea!
Next time I will remember to get a tracking number.
The best part is my package is still on its way to me, something to look forward to.
So cold even here in SC this weekend, but still have swiss chard on the deck, parsley, pansies and lettuce. As a Yankee transplant I am amazed at what can grow here in the winter, the cold snaps are only days, not weeks. This year I forgot to plant hyacinth bulbs I'd bought at Costco, so after Christmas I pulled out the bag of bulbs from garage and planted them in pots on the deck. So far they look like they're going to bloom, even forced a few indoors that just started blooming. So take that winter!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 12, 2012
6:25 PM

Post #9004562

Evening everyone.

Crystal, hearing that made my day :) Not a day goes by I don't admire a treasure or a plant someone took the time to share with me. Makes my day!

Liz, you're so welcome, Girlfriend :) I wasn't sure if you liked the scent of spearmint. Really glad you do and hope you don't step out of the shower smelling like a stick of gum...lol Spearmint I think is one of those all around pick-me-up scents year-round.

Betty, you were my inspiration for knitting dishcloths after I received the 2 you made for me at Christmas.

Been knitting little sweater vests for my Yorkie too. Noodling around online, I've found lots of freebie patterns and am having a blast trying different ones. A lot of the dishcloths have themes, like the Heart. All the ones I've made so far are just Knit and Purl following a pattern, so easy, and I can sit and knit while watching TV and have something to show for the time. It takes me about 2 hours to make one 9" x 9", give or take...my hands and fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be.

Ya'll watch your boxes for upcoming swaps. A dishcloth may be in your near future...lol

Carolyn, My sewing skills are nil unless I'm forced to sew on a button. Sad really since my Mom was such an accomplished self-taught seamstress and quilter. We couldn't afford many 'store bought' clothes when I was growing up. Instead, we'd go to Belk's and I'd show her a dress or an outfit I'd like to have. Then we hit the cloth department searching for just the right fabrics. Back home, she'd measure me and cut a pattern from newspapers or brown paper grocery bags. In a day or two, I was proudly sporting my new duds at school and had friends asking me where I found my outfit. When I was really little, it was such a treat going with my Dad to the grainery for bags of chicken scratch and feed. He'd let me pick the cloth sacks I liked and my Mom made sets of tops and shorts out of them for me.

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 12, 2012
7:39 PM

Post #9004654

lol no its very mild but it smells good!!!
already got into it.

yep my box says it is going to be delivered on the 13th i sure hope so

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2012
3:55 AM

Post #9004783

Ahh memories, will post one for you in a bit Susan which will remind you of just these kinds of memories...

Grandmother/grandfather raised me, remember her doing much the same..best of times weren't they?

Do enjoy making dishcloths..so many eyecatching cottens out there..

lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 13, 2012
5:06 AM

Post #9004835

yipee my box is 6 hours away

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
5:17 AM

Post #9004843

My box is in the sorting facility of it's destination, so hopefully soon???

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2012
5:43 AM

Post #9004858

Ooooh likely someone will be doing happy dance tonight or tomorrow!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
6:24 AM

Post #9004929

GM All I Love the KNITTED DISH Clothes I can only chrochet As My Aunt Nina Would always say "I NEVER GOT OLD ENOUGH TO KNIT.
To Busy at the bar . she owned a bar & restrant for many many years .

The sun is out & I Have cookies to bake today & I Cannot seem to get off this dang computer to get busy . guess i better watch my Mailbox today HUN:)
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 13, 2012
7:33 AM

Post #9005020

"Slip sliding away, slip sliding away"...we cant get snow on the weekend but it sure shows up during the night for Monday rush hour...rofl. I was on the road so early didn't have much trouble but it was slick. Thought I heard something about freezing rain this afternoon, which does not make me smile at all...these are the times I don't like living so far out.

Says my Buddy should get her box on the 14th...fingers crossed.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 13, 2012
7:55 AM

Post #9005043

oh boy its in the right town!!!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
11:27 AM

Post #9005269

LIZ, your box has landed! Thank you so much for all the wonderful pressies!

Well, lets start with all the delicious goodies, lots of candy and chocolates...
red hot candy sticks dipped in chocolate... YUMMY!
Mo's dark bar...
Ghiradelli dark raspberry bar...
Hello Kitty pink hot chocolate...
pink marshmallow peeps...
peeps, chocolate heart...
rose shaped soaps...
pink heart marshmallow candy...
heart candles...
and a heart cookie... it was broken, but it still tasted good!

Next is a tall coffee mug with love and hearts all over it...
a package of heart shaped pasta...
treat ups with hearts..
paper napkins with hearts, a package of tissues with hearts, a package of paper liners for cupcakes with hearts, a small cast iron skillet with a candle, a compact for my purse with two mirrors inside, decorated with a beautiful heart on top, and a box of valentine heart candies.

And last but not least, is a wonderful cookie sheet, to make valentine cookies, 3 pair of socks with pretty lace, and a wonderful pair of slippers made by LIZ! Love the sparlky hearts on them!

Liz, I thank you so much for making it a wonderful Valentine for me! I LOVE everything you sent!

Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55   Thumbnail by taters55

Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 13, 2012
11:54 AM

Post #9005297

So nice and I really love the cookie pan - and it's Wilton. What a nice gift.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 13, 2012
12:03 PM

Post #9005307

hope the slippers fit?
i was watching all morning lol

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
12:12 PM

Post #9005313

They fit perfectly! Love the lacy socks too! Nice and warm!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2012
12:37 PM

Post #9005337

Omg Lindakay, what a spectacular box Liz sent (doesn't she always)

You almost need a new thread just to list what was all in the box

To think, homemade slippers from our Liz...of course they fit, I managed to con you into giving you foot size on the B/W/? Today thread. Lol

Liz, you outdid yourself as well...great pan!!

Can see you smiling Lindakay!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9005406

Grinning ear to ear!

LOL, on conning me out of my foot size! Nice going!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2012
2:22 PM

Post #9005466

Sorry I have been MIA today, my satellite internet has been down. I finally went back and unplugged the modem, then plugged it back in and WALAA...internet! lol

WOOT! WOOT! What super boxes everyone is receiving. I see such neat stuff and always get good ideas for other swaps! Congrats to everyone! Receivers AND senders. Only 2 more boxes in the air. Suppose to be delivered today, so we shall see.

BUT WAIT! There's more!!!! The postman handed be a box that was literally 'bursting at the seams'. lol It was my box from LK/taters55 and I can say I am MORE than a little bit thrilled with it!!!! Boy, did she hit the nails on the heads! Everything was wrapped great and all made it just fine. To begin with... oh where do I begin???? The 3 small bottles are 3 different kinds of wines from Sutter Home vineyards. Just the right size to do 'taste tests' on! lol And the bottles are plastic. Thought that was a great idea! Then we have chocolates and more chocolates. A bag of Hershey's Bliss and a bag of heart shaped Milk Chocolate Doves plus a heart shaped box of hugs and kisses! 5 Lolipops on a stick that says I Luv Lolipops, a beautiful purple beaded butterfly on a stick for one of my pots, a box of 3 silver bracelets. One with a heart in it and the other 2 are different chains. Beautiful! There is the cutest king frog holding a heart setting on his throne that says 'sweet'. A butterfly and a ladybug sticker, a lovely heart made out of pieces of material (did you make this LK????), and LOOK ... my very own sock monkey with a heart on his chest!! Yea. But wait, there is still more! lol Yes, I just KEPT pulling goodies out of this box! A lovely 'tall' mug that says Happy Valentines Day and THREE pair of Valentines socks. My tummy and my feet thank you. OK, still not done. On to the plants: She sent the prettiest Cyclomen. It is a pale pink with dark red edges. It looks like velvet! She also sent 3 Dream Legacy daylilies and 3 Dahlia dinner plate mix. She also included a lovely card with roses on the front for a Happy Valentines Day. (LOL started to write Happy Anniversary! Where AM I?? My anni isn't until April!) That takes care of the first picture.
Picture 2 are dark purple hummingbirds on a wire with purple beads on it! Love it.
Picture 3 and 4 are a real treat...a ceramic hummingbird wind chime. This baby is gonna stay in the house or if I put it outside, up close to the house.
Thank you , thank you, thank you a million times over LK. I am so thrilled with EVERYTHING I got, I cannot pick out what is my favorite thing. It ALL is!!!!!

OK, watching for the last 2 boxes to be delivered. Can you guess who they are from? LOL The delivery tracking isn't giving me any updates except one is to deliver today and one tomorrow.

This has been such a fun swap with so many great, great boxes being sent. I want to thank all of you for making it, yet another, pleasant swap to hostess with no problems. You all are the greatest!

Best of the Blarney-St. Patricks Day swap signups will start February 24 to March 2. Be sure and watch for it to open!

Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit   Thumbnail by Crit

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
2:29 PM

Post #9005483

Glad to hear everything was delivered safe and sound! Yes I made the little fabric heart wreath.
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 13, 2012
2:33 PM

Post #9005489

oh wow crit nice box you got there
i love that fabric heart.

evil grin here linda , asked betty to help me on that one lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2012
3:03 PM

Post #9005522

Liz, she fell right. To it didn't she!

Crit omg you hit the jackpot as well, we all did, just loving how creative everyone is..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 13, 2012
3:04 PM

Post #9005525

For the fabric heart, I just took some craft wire, shaped into a heart, then tied fabric pieces around it. 4X1 inch. Very easy.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 13, 2012
4:01 PM

Post #9005580

Wow! LK and Patti! What absolutely wonderful boxes!!!! Y'all can send all that overflow to me you know, I'm just sayin'.
Love the heart baking sheet, what a great idea (putting it in my mental file cabinet). And I love the little hummingbird!
Only two more boxes, how exciting. Came home today and DH had done the guy thing, there on my island was the prettiest floral arrangement, all cut flowers sigh. And no smell. While I had snarfed up a beautiful pot of tulips on the clearance rack. Ooops. I waited till he went out to run an errand before I brought them in. Didn't want to hurt his feelings. Love that man but the money he spent on the flowers... Will try and remember to take a pic for y'all.
Gotta run back to the stove, we are old schooling it tonight, it is wet and rainy so I am working on a pot of goulash. Haven't had any in years.

Joy
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2012
4:14 PM

Post #9005597

Very nice, Crit. LK your boxes are always packed with lots of love whether it's for Valentine's Day or any day.

Betty, is your sister's American Eskimo showing at Westminster this year? Got our autotune set at 8 PM to switch to the USA channel to start the show, then it continues from 9-11 on CNBC.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2012
4:33 PM

Post #9005615

Yes, she won Best of Breed for American Eskimo...Inuk won his 4th year in a row..am sure she is thrilled

Thanks for asking..want to watch the recap, hopping I don't fall asleep before the clip

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 13, 2012
4:35 PM

Post #9005620

Oh I had forgotten Westminster. I will have to record it.

Here is Dave's bouquet and my tulips. Happy Hearts Day early!!!!

Thumbnail by rouxcrew   Thumbnail by rouxcrew

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2012
4:44 PM

Post #9005629

Lovely..sure miss my hubby..always made a big deal about valentines day...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 13, 2012
5:01 PM

Post #9005646

What an outstanding accomplishment, Betty. The show is just starting and I'll be cheering for Inuk...couldn't remember her name to save my life when I asked.

Hey Joy, at least his heart is in the right place. Hubby has surprised me a few times over the years with a dozen red roses that, of course, were toast within a few days. Now he gives me a Lowe's gift card. Pay dirt.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 14, 2012
3:41 AM

Post #9006002

Hi, all.
Happy Valentine's Day! :)
What neat boxes everyone has received! And very creative... from a stepping stone to plants to candy and popcorn and so much more! All the goodies sound delicious :) And the cookie cutters and cookie sheet sound like lots of fun... Hadn't heard of the cherry M&M's either.
Hoping to get to participate in next year's since it didn't work out for me this year. Lots of neat ideas!
Michelle
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 14, 2012
4:35 AM

Post #9006031

happy valentines all

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
5:31 AM

Post #9006070

Happy Valentines day to all of you!

Thumbnail by taters55

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2012
6:00 AM

Post #9006106

Sending Valentines Day huggggs
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2012
7:58 AM

Post #9006277

Yes, LK packed a whale of a box for me. I am still smiling!

I didn't see the dog show. Is it still on? Congrats to sis on Best of Breed. Does that mean she goes to the finals? Please tell us how she did.

Michelle, did I explain in detail enough for you on my box. I was thinking of you while I typed because I knew you were reading the thread.

Joy, that is a beautiful arrangement. He loves you! Just doesn't understand gardeners. lol

DH has brought me roses several times. I love the thought he puts into it. I usually dry them and make potpourri or spraying them with a clear sealant and making a dried flower arrangement. That makes him feel good too.

My box was suppose to be delivered yesterday, but the tracking # hasn't been updated since it left here. Grrrrr

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY everyone!!!! Hope this swap has brought ;ots of smiles to everyone!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
10:46 AM

Post #9006472

☺☺☺☺♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINES ☺☺☺♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

THANK YOU♥♥♥♥ HAPP ♥♥♥♥ WHAT A Box My Kitchen Thanks you , My Gardens will Thank You,
My Brother Thanks You for he got to open it for me My Nails were wet & I could not wait to see
what I Received ☺☺

Now I Will Share with you all :)
when The box was Opened here was on the Top
MY 1st VALENTINE Towel ☺♥♥♥♥

Then came out 3 beauty full coffee cups Tall " Like I Like" so i don't have to run to the coffee POT so often ☺☺ hope these are smileys
&Then another Tall one filled with Chocolate heart candies MMMM even shared with daddy . he loves my boxes even if he cannot see them .

then two more really pretty towels to go with my valentines towel TY So Much I Never Have enough dish towels ♥♥♥

&then for my gardening fun 3 pks of seeds triple datura , that i have wanted, mexican sunflower, & then
EXOTIC LOVE FLOWERING VINE Going to start that one soon :) TY TY TY ♥♥♥
& The Bird on the stone Just ♥♥♥♥it is sitting in my Kitchen window for now :)
Oh & also got a "YOUR ONE IN A BILLION Chocolate bar :)

Words do not express all the love fun & laughter I get from my gardening friends here when i go to bed at night I lay awake wondering who;s online & What they are posting can hardly wait in the morning to get my coffee made get daddy up & ready for the day so i can come be with my friends is that NOT CRAZY ???? But I Love watching & waiting for that Next box to land so we can see all the pretties ty friends .

& I Cannot Forget to thank FOTV For the Sweetest Valentines card I Got in the mail today TY Fruity for being my GARDENTINE:)
you all are wonderful . & Hope you all have special day planned I'm taken a Lady That Gave me My 1st Baby sitting job out to dinner this evening all her kids are grown her hubby passed & She is now down this way living with her sitter & Have a little dimentgia as i have electia cannot spell or remember at times but it will be good to visit with her it has been over 30-35 yrs but she still remembers me :)

well nails are done now to do something with this hair Ya all have a great day & Thank you all a BILLION TIMES

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
10:57 AM

Post #9006483

Susie, love that box of goodies you got from Happ! So pretty, love those towels too!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2012
11:00 AM

Post #9006486

Crit, photo's of my sister and Inuk

What a lovely swap box..I'm just oooh'ing and ahhh'ing over everything..you sooo could ship it my way!!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 14, 2012
2:51 PM

Post #9006786

Oh my gosh! Just came home from work to this wonderful box from Crit.
Tore into the M&Ms while I laid out all the seeds and planned where it can all go. I have a huge yard with lots of sun and there's always room for another bed.
The lanceleaf coreopsis made me especially happy because I moved from my house/garden in Atlanta in 2005 and forgot to take seeds of the coreopsis that always reseeded itself in my yard. All of the plants will be so much more special because they're from my Valentines Day box, which came smack dab on the right day. I will take photos of the plants as they grow.
Thanks so much! I love this group.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
3:34 PM

Post #9006838

Judy, post pictures when you can please? Would love to see what you got.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2012
4:29 PM

Post #9006901

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-eat box Susie! I love the tall mugs, too. I got one in my box from LK. I have the triple purple datura and they are sooooooooooo beautiful! I tried to save some seed and also hoping they reseeded themselves! Also have a double yellow that ended up having some triples on the same bush!

Betty ... your sister and her dogs are B-E-A-U-TIFUL!!!!! What was the final of the dog show? Imagine trying to get 5 grown dogs to set and have their ears up all at one time to get a picture! That had to be a handful. :-)

LOL ... I can see the seeds & M&M's were the hit of Judy's box! I hope they are the flowers and colors that you like. If you are going to continue in swaps and want more seeds, you should post a list on the thread 'a few of my favorite things', and save it in your Bookmarks for easy access. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/

I hope you like the rest of the stuff in the box as well. You may not of even gotten to it when you started sorting on your seeds. :-)

Well, everyone did a BANG UP JOB on this swap. All the boxes arrived by Valentine's Day and not a problem one! I look forward to doing this again next year. So many do not have anyone in their lives anymore due to death or divorce or ?????, but even us who do have someone still LOVE to get an "I love you" box from their sisters on DG.

I will leave the thread open for a while to be sure all pictures have been posted that need to and give the girls who haven't seen the last 2 time to catch up. Feel free to continue chatting if you like!

Best of the Blarney-St. Patricks day swap sign-ups are Feb. 24 - March 2. Hopw to see you there!

Patti

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 14, 2012
4:56 PM

Post #9006937

Great swap Crit!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2012
5:55 PM

Post #9006986

Crit I would say you have become a pro @ Being A Hostess Great swap & Look forward to many more with you :)
THANK YOU HAPP Also For A Great Valentine's Box . Love all the great Gifts you shared with me .

GN ALL
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 14, 2012
6:03 PM

Post #9006993

Thanks deejay and LK

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2012
6:16 PM

Post #9007007

So enjoyed...thanks for hosting!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
7:28 AM

Post #9007473

Deejay, glad everything arrived unbroken! rofl. The kitchen towels thank goodness work great for packing. I read somewhere you needed more coffee mugs for you and your girlfriends, wish I could of gotten 4 with sayings but they only had 3, sides you deserve a sweetie heart mug, cause you are a sweetie. Tried to send things that didn't take up alot of room inside and more outside, I figured you would like those datura seeds ;) course it was hard to put them in the box...rofl, (actually I got me a pack also...rofl). I love that mexican sunflower if it is what I think it is, it gets tons of butterflies and hummingbirds on it. Now the vine I know nothing about it, but seemed like a good Valentines name...rofl, have since read it is great for hummingbirds and butterflies also but also read it gets huge...enjoy.

You are one-in-a-million!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
11:28 AM

Post #9007755

TY Happ I Will Sure let you know About the vine I Can proble share a few seeds with you if you like
Oh I Love them all Tonight is BINGO & I Plan to take a cup with me I Hate their strocups while playing Bingo So afraid they are going to spill over .

Will I'm working on a project today for a swap & Waiting for the paint to dry then i have to go get super on .
Jim & I Have a contest as to who is going to loose 10 lb in the next 3 wks I want to loose it in a week but don't see that happening :)))

wish me Luck Girls for if I win He has to Build my car port :) If He wins I Have to cook each meal for a month
right now we cook together :)
well off to walk :)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2012
1:30 PM

Post #9007909

Good luck on the diet Susie! Do it for your carport!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2012
2:45 PM

Post #9008011

yes i want the car port but not just for my car ;))) explain one day when he's not leaning over my shoulders :)
well was goig to go to bingo but cannot now so will play on here :)
have a great evening .

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 17, 2012
3:45 PM

Post #9010350

Hey Judy, we are all still waiting to hear and see what was in your box from Crit. Since this is your first swap it is understandable that you didn't read the part about all of us wanting to enjoy what you got. Could you please take the time to let us ooo and ahhhh over the lovely things that we know Crit sent you??? Pretty please?

Joy
lizrainey
San Mateo, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 18, 2012
4:48 AM

Post #9010772

another great swap crit!!
great boxes for all, tapping toes here my st patty's box is getting full lol
scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 18, 2012
11:50 AM

Post #9011172

I keep getting in trouble on this swap. First I didn't get a mail confirmation now I've put off posting my photo of my box contents because I'm still getting used to this site and I just cannot figure how to post photos. So I'll give you a description. First the seeds! About 20 packets of seeds, and I am a very experienced seed germinator so I'm really thrilled about this. So thrilled that I didn't go on to tell you all the other wonderfulness in this bos. There were several pieces of chocolate: M&M's peanut and plain, a cute little heart-shaped box of chocolates, and two more heart shaped pieces of chocolate...A rose-scented candle...a red silk rose...toe socks, an apron with apple motif...a little white furry bear holding a Valentine, a Valentine mug...and 2 terra cotta watering worms (which I'm using in some houseplants).
This box was bursting at the seams! Thank you for the great welcome to DG.

Thumbnail by scbuttercup

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 18, 2012
1:04 PM

Post #9011221

Thanks so much Judy!!!!! We all live gratuitously through everyone's box. You really got a winner! Hope to see you in more swaps.

Crit, another wonderful box from you! Thanks for all your hard work on this swap! See you soon.

Joy
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2012
6:10 AM

Post #9011829

Oh buttercup you could never get in trouble with us, we just love seeing what everyone got and it gives us ideas on the next swap...rofl. Looks like you figured out the photos just fine. I am glad we can upload more than one photo at a time, cause we use to have to start another box just to load another photo.
Carolyn22
Athens, PA
(Zone 5b)

February 19, 2012
7:57 AM

Post #9011951

Buttercup- Joyce is right - you could never get into trouble with any of us. Everyone is very kind and generous. Welcome to DG - you couldn't get in with a better group anywhere.

scbuttercup
(Judy) Simpsonville, SC
(Zone 8a)

February 19, 2012
12:00 PM

Post #9012148

So it all turned out all right after all. Cold rainy day here, after a beautiful springlike Saturday. Daffodils are peaking this week, south Carolina spring is nearly here. this is going to be my best gardening year ever thanks to DG!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2012
5:21 AM

Post #9012887

We had great weather in Missouri all weekend but I thought I heard some of you southerns got SNOW?
I have so much stuff coming up, but I did get out and walk around the gardarn and pick up all the pots that have been blown everywhere. Think I will start cleaning up things, I heard on the news that in the city they have been seeing nymphe grasshoppers! Now I guess if we get really cold they could get hurt by it, but if we don't wowzer!

Judy be sure and watch for the plant group swaps, I have gotten some of the most amazing plants from these swaps, they are one of my favorite things!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
9:43 AM

Post #9013314

Hi all... sorry been MIA all weekend. Saturday was the Family day where all DH's siblings & spouses, children and grandchildren gather at out house for a day of food, fun, gossip and games. LOL This month was Italian themed. I made an Italian Cream Cake that was a big hit. Yesterday I kinda recouped from the extra cleaning, instead of doing one thing a day, and the fun of having everyone here. Babe and I went for a ride for about an hour. That was all my body would let me yesterday. Today I have a root canal...UGH! Have to leave here shortly.

No Judy, you could never get in trouble with us!!!!! We were all new to DG once and there is so much on here!!!! You are just fine. Try to read the stuff at the top of the threads that explain about the swap. It usually has everything you need to know in it, and you can always DMail the hostess if you have questions.

So glad you liked the seeds and the rest of the box. I had a good time putting it all together for you. Wasn't sure if you liked hot chocolate but sent it anyway. You had mentioned you liked tea in your post.

OK ... everyone is done. It's been a great swap! I have enjoyed it immensly! Glad everyone had a good time and got lots of goodies. I will be putting up the interest thread for the Best of the Blarney swap this week. Everyone get your green on! LOL

Have a blessed day my friends and see you later!

Crit/Patti
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 20, 2012
4:11 PM

Post #9013849

I am going to mark the thread as "Closed", but feel free to chat away if you so desire.

Crit
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 21, 2012
3:02 PM

Post #9015014

The new Best of the Blarney-St. Patricks Day swap is now open!!!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1243603/
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 24, 2012
7:12 PM

Post #9018965

scbuttercup, You could never go wrong with this great bunch of folks and swappers and really hope you'll join us again. Swaps are a lot of fun, but have to warn you... they're also addicting :) Like potato chips, you can't just have one.

Thanks again for hosting, Patti. You did a great job!

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

February 25, 2012
8:17 AM

Post #9019399

Thanks Fruity. Everyone made it go so smoothly, I am really enjoying it!

Yes Judy ... and anyone else who hasn't signed up for the St. Pat's Day swap ... come on over!!!!!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America